Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 16th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Rune Alchemist

Advertise here
TWP?

Also, another Hoenn RP? I now miss Ariel...

Gah, why do all the RPs I join die?!

-ahem-

Hello newcomer!

Anyway, I was thinking of making a beginner-friendly RP different from the original one I'm making. Think of it sorta like a training ground for new RPers, since one of the rules of the RP is to control many characters at once.

Of course, this makes it so that players must write in third-person... That's not a problem here, right?

I'm going to make it a Girls und Panzer RP. Anyone interested? And yes, you may create male characters, despite the title.

Since my original is still under works and my RPM skills (Role Playing Master, that's what I call GMs.) are pretty rusty, this will be the one sandbox-ish RP I'll run until I quit RPing, which isn't anytime soon.

... What, no takers?
~Magica Apple!!~ ~Law of Madoka~ ~World of a Puella Magi~
"Wehihihi~ I'm a goddess, silly!" - Ultimate ?????? (Multiverse: World of Runilar)

Last edited by Rune Alchemist; September 17th, 2013 at 02:56 AM.
Old September 17th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Nathan
prince
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
TWD = The Walking Dead. I dunno what Girls und Panzer is actually.
Old September 17th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

Send a message via Skype™ to Rune Alchemist
I doubt many people do.

But if you think about it, most original RPs are also stories we have never heard of. Sure, it may resemble one show/RP/story we know, although it isn't an exact duplicate. It's good practice for when you are thrusted into a new setting one doesn't know about.

-shrugs- Oh, I haven't really answered your inquiry, have I? I'd link you to a Youtube link, but you can easily look up the 3-min trailer.

Also, I've seen some pretty crazy TWP/Pokemon stories out there. Yours isn't exactly Pokemon, but how futuristic are we talking about?
~Magica Apple!!~ ~Law of Madoka~ ~World of a Puella Magi~
"Wehihihi~ I'm a goddess, silly!" - Ultimate ?????? (Multiverse: World of Runilar)
Old September 17th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

just a heads up to all my roleplaying champs:

in australia, university is heading towards the end of the year. that means final assessment and junk. so i'll be on the inactive side. Sorry!
Moderator of the Roleplay Corner <<
my art blogcommission infoCLOUD v2.0<<
Paired with revlis <<
Old September 17th, 2013, 08:35 PM
revlis
Ooh, Ooh! I vote makeovers!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
just a heads up to all my roleplaying champs:

in australia, university is heading towards the end of the year. that means final assessment and junk. so i'll be on the inactive side. Sorry!
Same goes for New Zealand, yo. Four more weeks and I'll be free!
Old September 18th, 2013, 05:05 AM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNathan View Post
TWD = The Walking Dead. I dunno what Girls und Panzer is actually.
Girls and Tanks. Not really much more to explain, all I know about the show is the name.
Old September 18th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Kranic
What did you say about my hair

I'm trying to put together a region map for a roleplay I'm planning on making and I'm having a lot of problems with scaling.

Main issue I'm facing is that locations on the map feel way too big or too small for the size of the map or for each other. I would go into detail about what I'm talking about, but everything's still in planning. Does anyone have any experience with map making or have any tips that can help me out?

Roleplay Characters

Anise Briar

___

Apollo: A Journey of the Gifted

Old September 18th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

@Kranic - sketch out the shape first, then decide how big you actually want this thing. When I make maps, I never actually draw on the towns and citys, but put little markings, or if its a very small scale map, little dots. Often I put a little flag. Then decide on your areas, and what type of ares it would be. If I were you, I'd plan it out on a4 paper first in rough, remembering to make the shape unique, and filling up the whole space. Also figure out how big your capital is going to be, then you can see how much that compares to your land. Big cities are fine, small villages are fine too. Basically, what I'm saying is, dont worry too much about scaling, make that up as you go along.
Old September 18th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Kranic

I have all that in mind, but when I look at the whole map, with bigger details in mind, things just seem really off. Like I'm not sure how far traveling distance would be and if the mountains or forests I have worked out are too big or small for events that I have planned in the future.

I think the main problem I'm having is considering how big a town should be compared to the natural environment, which is kind of hard to judge since it varies so much depending on the era.

I'd really like to have a map that could make an easily envisionable world and what I have currently just makes me feel like they're filled with contradictions.

I also feel like having a high quality map makes writing history a lot easier, since you have a much better starting point and roleplays generally are better when you have a nice thought out setting in place, which is why I really want this to be well done.

Roleplay Characters

Anise Briar

___

Old September 18th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Hey everyone! Just wanna let everybody know that there's an open spot for an Earthbender in Swifty (Magic Fox)'s and my own RP :D It's not first-come first-serve, so if you feel up to it, give the OOC and maybe the IC a little read. Our earthbender sadly dropped out early on.
When does a man die?
When he is hit by a bullet? No.
When he suffers a disease? No.
When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten.

~Hiluluk
Old September 19th, 2013, 03:48 AM
90FC3C
original character, do not steal

Nature: Lonely
Hmm, just a reminder to the mods, the Life After Death IC thread has been waiting for four days and it still isn't up, and I'm starting to get impatient.
Old September 19th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90FC3C View Post
Hmm, just a reminder to the mods, the Life After Death IC thread has been waiting for four days and it still isn't up, and I'm starting to get impatient.
We generally accept roleplays at least once a week, sometimes once every few days. Please be patient as we all have lives outside PC.

If you think it has been too long, please send us a polite PM or VM instead of posting in the discussion thread. Don't worry though, we get to all of the submissions eventually.
Moderator of the Roleplay Corner <<
my art blogcommission infoCLOUD v2.0<<
Paired with revlis <<
Old September 19th, 2013, 04:53 AM
90FC3C
original character, do not steal

Ah, sorry about that then.
Old September 19th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Guys, I would apreciate it if some more people would join my new rp. The IC has only just gone up, so I hope you will all join. - Life After Death
Old September 20th, 2013, 03:18 AM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Sorry about the brief absence, guys. I had to write a newspaper article One night's notice :p and fill out a job application, so I had my hands full with that. I promise I'll catch up on everything when I get home from school today.
"I'm not gonna die. Each one of you risked your lives to come to my rescue, and that's why I can't let you throw away your lives now, not for me, not again. I got this. Don't worry about me, babies."
-Space Dandy
Old September 21st, 2013, 12:39 AM
Warsmith
Paranoid Murderer

Nature: Bold
This probably isn't the proper forum for this, koff~

Has anyone here actually delved into the grim and dark future that is the Black Crusade? I've been debating on purchasing the game master kit and such. I wonder if it would even be worth the time. So I was just wondering if anyone has heard of it or even played with it.

Just in case you don't know: The Black Crusade is a swathe of murder, dissection, rape, pillaging, daemons and chaos. Set in the Warhammer 40,000, the Black Crusade puts you into the boots of a fledgling heretic, a foul witch, a battle hardened chaos astartes horror, a traitor to the Mechanicum, a daemon and more nasty things that lurk in the dark. It seems really interesting and I don't want to play by myself. This isn't just a simple text by text role play. This is role play in terms of dungeons and dragons, koffi~
FROM IRON, COMETH STRENGTH.
FROM STRENGTH, COMETH WILL.
FROM WILL, COMETH FAITH.
FROM FAITH, COMETH HONOUR.
FROM HONOUR, COMETH IRON.
THIS IS THE UNBREAKABLE LITANY;
AND MAY IT FOREVER BE SO.
Old September 21st, 2013, 01:14 AM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

From what you wrote, I think you are correct in saying you've reached the incorrect thread! This is a thread for forum-based text roleplay, and if I'm correct, you're looking for a roleplay video game board.

If not, then ignore this post entirely, please.

Old September 21st, 2013, 10:48 AM
Warsmith
Paranoid Murderer

Nature: Bold
Well, it's far from a videogame, I'll tell you that, koff~

The reason I was asking is because everything about the Warhammer 40,000 universe is heavily steeped in text. Books upon books, stories based upon the devouring of worlds. It's not something that you just throw dice and move pieces about on the board unfortunately. Far more complex than that. The manual for how to play weighs enough to give my wrists cramps.

Thanks for responding though, koffi~
FROM IRON, COMETH STRENGTH.
FROM STRENGTH, COMETH WILL.
FROM WILL, COMETH FAITH.
FROM FAITH, COMETH HONOUR.
FROM HONOUR, COMETH IRON.
THIS IS THE UNBREAKABLE LITANY;
AND MAY IT FOREVER BE SO.
Old September 21st, 2013, 12:10 PM
Adventure
in H O E N N

Nature: Naive
What you are talking about might go in the General Entertainment section, in case you want to find people to discuss that with!

By the way, Peter or Maddy, if you feel like the library should be updated, you are free to do it xD I really forget about that thing lately, sorry for that.

moderator of roleplay corner & pokémon general
proudly paired with abnegation
¤
Old September 21st, 2013, 01:27 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Just a thought, if anyone were to make a Fallout roleplay, they could consider me their eternal sidekick.............................Wink.................................Wink.
"I'm not gonna die. Each one of you risked your lives to come to my rescue, and that's why I can't let you throw away your lives now, not for me, not again. I got this. Don't worry about me, babies."
-Space Dandy
Old September 21st, 2013, 03:22 PM
Kranic

This is related to a my previous post about the map, but I was wondering if anyone was interested in an idea of a new roleplay idea. Everything is still very much a work in progress, but I just wanted to gauge interest.

The roleplay would be a group of new trainers who were given (rare) pokemon by a mysterious but charismatic man/woman (I haven't decided on that part yet) at the request that he can act as a mentor to the trainers in their journey. The roleplay begins a month after the characters received their first pokemon from the man and have become somewhat adept at training (think around level 20 with a few pokemon.) He requests that the trainers help him in taking down the local evil group, who have been capturing local legendary pokemon and committing terrorists acts over the past few years.

The mentor character will give them the location of one of their hideouts that seemed appropriate for their level. The roleplay would continue with them traveling around the region as they take on more missions from the Mentor.

However as they progress they will quickly learn of the actual motives behind the 'evil' team and begin to question if their actions have actually been the right thing to do. Furthermore the trainers will begin to question and learn more about their mysterious Mentor, his history and his motives behind all this work.

Legendaries will play a big role in the roleplay as they'll be objectives that will be fought over between the players team and the evil team, depending on success, characters can actually catch legendaries, but so will the evil team in defeat, in fact the evil team will have a few big players already captured (Mewtwo being a very important one) and are researching the locations of others. (I won't allow Legendaries in normal battles, due to plot appropriate reasons and wanting to avoid having the player feel super-all-powerful in more normal situations, but they will be available for high stakes battles.

I'm still plotting out a lot of the history of the region itself, but the main idea is that it will be a two island region, with the northern island split into a northern and southern part, separated by a huge wall.
The far north is very isolated, with few people living there, but it is high in dark, ghosts, and psychic types, dragons types are also fairly common, it's also the only place where one can find ice type pokemon. It's very cold and mountainous place, full of savages and dangers. Trainers won't be allowed into the north unless they get the four gym badges of the south(which becomes a secondary objective during the roleplay) or are capable of climbing the wall without them. There are no gyms in the north, only mystery and danger.
The south will be a bit more comfortable, made of mostly forested regions, plains, and beaches. The roleplay will start in the south in the capital port city. It's fairly advance compared to the two other parts of the regions and is the only place with electric types. Grass, bug , poison, and normal are very common here. There are two gyms in the southern region.
The southern island is a very hot and humid place, comparable to the Caribbean. The people here are much darker than the rest of the region. The island has a large volcano and is the only place where fire types can be found. Rock and ground pokemon are incredibly common here, though there are unique grass, water, and dragon types unique only to the island. Like the south, this part of the region only has 2 gyms.

To counteract certain types not being readily available, there will be local breeders who will be willing to trade or sell pokemon to trainers in certain towns. Pokemon from the north will generally be worth more than pokemon from the south, though everything depends on location.

I'm hoping for the roleplay to be very dynamic and involving a lot of loss and drama. So that I don't have the whole plot outlines beforehand, I was hoping that some battles (and indirectly big decisions) might be decided over battle simulators (like pokemon online) with team stats and such being saved in a -pad somewhere. I was also planning some nuzlocke-esque rules so pokemon can die and will when losing certain battles. Of course I'm not going to force complete wipes for every lost, but I'd like to image stakes for bad battles would be pretty fun and promote better decision making.

I ended up making this post a lot longer than intended, but I might as well not waste it now with all the effort I put in. Let me know if you're interested or have any pointers in what I should do with direction/writing.

Roleplay Characters

Anise Briar

___

Old September 21st, 2013, 03:39 PM
Adventure
in H O E N N

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranic View Post
This is related to a my previous post about the map, but I was wondering if anyone was interested in an idea of a new roleplay idea. Everything is still very much a work in progress, but I just wanted to gauge interest.

The roleplay would be a group of new trainers who were given (rare) pokemon by a mysterious but charismatic man/woman (I haven't decided on that part yet) at the request that he can act as a mentor to the trainers in their journey. The roleplay begins a month after the characters received their first pokemon from the man and have become somewhat adept at training (think around level 20 with a few pokemon.) He requests that the trainers help him in taking down the local evil group, who have been capturing local legendary pokemon and committing terrorists acts over the past few years.

The mentor character will give them the location of one of their hideouts that seemed appropriate for their level. The roleplay would continue with them traveling around the region as they take on more missions from the Mentor.

However as they progress they will quickly learn of the actual motives behind the 'evil' team and begin to question if their actions have actually been the right thing to do. Furthermore the trainers will begin to question and learn more about their mysterious Mentor, his history and his motives behind all this work.

Legendaries will play a big role in the roleplay as they'll be objectives that will be fought over between the players team and the evil team, depending on success, characters can actually catch legendaries, but so will the evil team in defeat, in fact the evil team will have a few big players already captured (Mewtwo being a very important one) and are researching the locations of others. (I won't allow Legendaries in normal battles, due to plot appropriate reasons and wanting to avoid having the player feel super-all-powerful in more normal situations, but they will be available for high stakes battles..
Omg have you found my old hidden Arcanum notes? Haha, this is pretty much what I had in mind for that RP once upon a time.

I like the idea. Well made new regions are fun, especially if you don't loosely send your players out into it, but have a lot of story to guide them through and let them shape.

moderator of roleplay corner & pokémon general
proudly paired with abnegation
¤
Old September 21st, 2013, 03:47 PM
Kranic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Omg have you found my old hidden Arcanum notes? Haha, this is pretty much what I had in mind for that RP once upon a time.

I like the idea. Well made new regions are fun, especially if you don't loosely send your players out into it, but have a lot of story to guide them through and let them shape.
Of course I haven't. Just don't run any virus scans anytime soon okay? Don't want my worm to be found out.

Yeah my goal is to have a rich world written out, but still let the roleplay be free so the plot can write itself and people can do what they want. Right now I'm trying to think of mythos behind legendaries and how they can be tied together, if people know about the legendaries existence and how people might respond to seeing a legendary that may or maynot have been held so highly by local culture being used against them by an 'evil' team. It's very fun to write, but there is just so much to think about when putting things together.

Roleplay Characters

Anise Briar

___

Old September 23rd, 2013, 01:27 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

So I'm thinking of going through with my idea of a Fallout roleplay. It will have two parts.

What I'm thinking, for the first part, it starts in the Southeast, much like 3. We'll be playing along the same similar plotline: You have the option to be a Vault outcast (2 spots), a generic Settler (4 Spots), a Raider (3 Spots), or a member of the Brotherhood of Steel (3 spots). I may or may not have that many people, seeing as it's a bit more than I'm equipped to work with, since the only roleplay I've GM'd before had 7 people. But we'll all start out in our respective places, like the Vault Dwellers will all come from the same Vault, but it doesn't necessarily have to be 101. The Brotherhood of Steel will start out as recruits at the Citadel, and the Settlers could be from anywhere, like Rivet City or Megaton. Raiders...They're Raiders. Eventually, all of our characters (who survive) will meet up at the GNR building and meet Three Dog, because I love that man and I have to put him in. He'll tell them about Project Purity and how they have to get the scientists of the Brotherhood of Steel and Rivet City to finish the project. When they finish getting it partially operational, the Enclave will return, much like in the game. From there on out we have the option to fight for either the Enclave or the Brotherhood, so it's generally up for the participants to determine the ending.

As for the Raiders, you can do whatever the Hell you want: Raise Hell, attack caravans, raid settlements, etc.
-Space Dandy
Old September 23rd, 2013, 01:48 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
YOU SHOULD STILL TOTALLY REMAKE THAT OR SOMETHING ASDFGHJKL:

@Kranic - If you need help linking the mythos and whatnot, I could try and help? I enjoy writing things that . . . I don't have to make a post-every-so-often commitment to. xD

Linking the legendaries and other pokemon mythos together can be fun. Although, I do enjoy it more if it has a "darker" tone to it.

I seriously want to do a kinda super dark pokemon roleplay in the near future.

EDIT: Also, do you guys think stuff like a
  • Chandelure grabbing a trainer by the neck and wrenching their poor, vibrant souls from their bodies or,
  • A nest of Galvantula that ensnare unwary passersby and keep them in their nest for food or,
  • Really any of the darker descriptions of certain pokemon being applied
are too violent for a lovely little journey roleplay? Lol, is it weird that I seriously really want to see stuff like that happen?

Last edited by Nakuzami; September 23rd, 2013 at 02:03 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here