The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 14th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Jip
Hipster Jipster

Advertise here
Heartgold, with Emerald following close behind. Both have great story lines.

Old August 14th, 2013, 03:12 PM
*Icecold*
Bow down to Queen Meowstic

Nature: Hasty
I should include my favorite spinoff game as well! That's obviously Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky!

The original Pokemon MD games suck compared to Time/Dark/Sky if you ask me. The story was weak and the ending was halfed. I didn't even feel sad, just angry when I beat the final boss!

Pokemon MD: Explorers of Sky takes everything (almost everything, as Gates to Infinity improved on the older games as well) and improves on it. The story was pretty incredibly with no holes and groan-inducing moments like the old one, where characters just jumped out of nowhere. The ending was sad and there were a ton of interesting and almost required things to do post-game, like the Shaymin Village and Mt. Sky quest and being able to evolve. There's also a completely different storyline!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 20th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Ugh, too many. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Black 2/White 2 are my favorite main series games. Out of all of those.. I'd say Emerald and Crystal are my top favorites.

pair | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Old August 20th, 2013, 11:18 AM
TreeKangaroo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nature: Naughty
Pokemon white 2 because I can actually do more than just legendaries in the post game, PWT with all the gym leaders(except Koga) coming back! I wish the other elite 4 came back though. And hoenn is also awesome with all the cool new pokemon, I just hated training. Better than HG/SS though, the training there was tedious and Picnicker Liz always called me about random stuff.

Last edited by TreeKangaroo; August 20th, 2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old August 20th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Sling
Thanks for contributing

Nature: Relaxed
White and Platinum for me. I haven't even finished White2 yet. I put it somewhere and forgot it existed.
Old August 20th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Emburn
<3

Nature: Bashful
I got to say Emerald.
I liked the story line and it was the first game that I'd say I really 'Mastered'
Old August 21st, 2013, 06:59 PM
Pendraflare
If you think i'm burning out, I never am.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
I have to go with Black 2 and White 2. As if I haven't explained enough reason why I love this game, here are a few:

-Lots of Pokémon to choose from and play through the main game with. The possibilities for teams are nearly endless.

-It has so much to do. The Black Tower/White Treehollow, getting to battle all the Gym Leaders in the PWT, and lots of powerful trainers to take on and cool places to explore make for a great post-game. And they actually try to motivate you to complete the Pokédex for the first time since Emerald with some nice rewards.

-Great conveniences such as the free space, the fact that you can put most menus on Select, moving items from one Pokémon to another, and being able to spray Repels again right away. Those are all great.

-VERY good visuals. The battle scenes, for example - animated trainer sprites, the grass moves in the background, caves and forests look much more lively, and the Elite Four got some epic presentations. Oh, and that brings me to...

-The battle with Iris. While she's not the hardest Champion ever, she still makes for an awesome, AWESOME fight, especially on Challenge Mode. I've always loved battling that Haxorus. And the credits afterward are just so moving, because it shows you partying it up with the Gym Leaders as you head home.

I could go on, but these are just a few reasons as to why I love Black 2 and White 2 and that they will NEVER be forgotten by me. Ever.
Old August 21st, 2013, 11:41 PM
Kyrul
Long Live The Note
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Hmm, a lot seems to love Black/White 2, haven't had the chance to play it yet since I was away for a long time during the time it came out and I'm a bit hesitant to buy it since, in my opinion, the original Black and White completely sucked. It's the only Pokemon game I haven't played yet, so probably need to check that out.

Out of all the games I've played though, I would say the original Pokemon Silver, with Diamond version close behind.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 01:05 AM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Emerald really revived my interest in the series again, so until something can top that, I'll always consider it my favorite. Not only did it expand on the storyline of Ruby/Sapphire, but it also included the Battle Frontier, which is one of my favorite innovations to the game (and something I sorely missed in the 5th Gen).

HeartGold and FireRed are easily a tie for second on my list, though, since both of them did a really good job at staying true to the originals, but still feeling fresh at the same time.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: BUG // ROCK
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:55 AM
Denny Hamlin
Où t'es? Papa, où t'es?

Nature: Brave
Silver... it will always be Silver no matter what. Soulsilver may be an improvement in terms of technology & nostalgia, but it's very close to beating Silver for favorite game of all time.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 08:02 AM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
My favorite game is actually Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team!

Of the main series, I guess my favorite is SoulSilver, but they're all extremely similar so they're basically all equally enjoyable.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 08:02 AM
Savant
Natural Born Breeder

Nature: Quirky
I would say a tie between Emerald and HGSS. I've played them both so many times and still can experience something new whenever I pick it up.

I haven't played BW2 yet though. So that might take up the top spot once I do.

3DS FC: 1564-2977-3425
Friend Safari: Psychic (Drowzee - Espurr - ???)

my.anime | my.manga | Circle of One | Pokemon Breeders FC | Fire Emblem FC

Old August 31st, 2013, 09:30 AM
KidCarter93
PokéTech Guy

Nature: Jolly
I'm tied between Crystal and Emerald big time.

I love Crystal because it was a complete change to have to go through 16 gyms and therefore to Elite Four's and there were a lot of great additions in Johto. The whole game in general was just brilliant and is the game which, in my opinion, has the most replay value.

The 2 main reasons why Emerald is close though is because of the Regis and Battle Frontier. Those 2 things made Emerald a whole lot more fun to play through. It was great to see a really unique way to unlock the Regis and I would be stuck playing in the Battle Frontier for longer than I probably should have been :p
Old August 31st, 2013, 09:41 AM
EJ Nero
OshaPower!

Nature: Bold
Emerald. Gen III was my first time playing pokemon games. I loved Ruby and Sapphire, but Emerald completely blew me away with the Battle Frontier, amazing storyline, being able to rebattle gym leaders, and plus I loved that you could obtain one of the Johto starters after completing your pokedex. I had so much fun with that game.
Old September 7th, 2013, 12:19 AM
sipeyxsipey

Emerald, for sure. Sitting very closely behind is Heartgold.
Old September 8th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Azure Rathalδs
WOOP WOOP WOOP
Community Supporter

Emerald, It's the most enjoyable at the end of the day and marked the best part of the franchise for me. Platinum is a close 2nd as it expanded everything that Diamond/Pearl did.
Old September 8th, 2013, 12:40 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

I always will be biased toward Diamond solely because it was my first game.

But...Sapphire wins. I never had a chance to finish playing through it before my game system disappeared, but it was fun while it lasted.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old September 8th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Decimosoma
Free to dream, free to smile

Torn between BW2 and Emerald. BW2 solely because the story purpose/idea and the character cast were simple fantastic and not to mention the PWT is one of the best features of all time in the entire series.

Emerald due the amazing events with the legendary mascots, unique designs and challenging Battle frontier.
Old September 18th, 2013, 07:57 PM
BourbonWhiskey
Pokemon Stained Memories

Nature: Calm
Pokemon Emerald. No more comments. You've played the game/You should play the game.

FOR TRADE:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mc&usp=sharing

3DS Friend Code: 5215-0717-7839
3655 3173 6505 - Pokemon White 2 Friend Code MAIN GAME
2323 8675 3566 - Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code[/sig-reason]
Old September 19th, 2013, 02:38 AM
LusoTrainer

FireRed/LeafGreen. They are the Generation 1 games with better and consistent sprite-based graphics, not to mention the inclusion of post-credits quests.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

Heart Gold/Soul Silver

I wish the games weren't so expensive because I really, really want to have loads of different savings on it. I adore it SO much.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:56 AM
OmegaTL
Time Lord

Platinum!

Everyone I've met says the Sinnoh games are too slow but I think they're excellent. :/

Planned X/Y team so far: Fennekin evo, Charizard, Blaziken, ???, ???, ???
Like Doctor Who? Come join us at Peladon!
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:29 PM
Sydian
I don't like frogs.

Emerald is my absolute favorite. :) I saved up to buy it on release day and I was super obsessed with it after getting it, haha. Hoenn is also my favorite region, so that goes hand in hand with it. It's just one of those games I can always go back to and never get bored. <3

Honorable mentions to Black 2, Silver, and Red though! <3

paired to crono
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:34 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Silver, Ruby, and Soul Silver would have to be my favorites! I've played them the most and still love them to this day even if I don't play any of them all that often. ♥
Old September 22nd, 2013, 01:04 PM
Warsmith
Paranoid Murderer

Nature: Bold
I don't know. I really enjoyed my Yellow and Silver Versions, koff~

Since I no longer have them anymore, however, I'll have to say Pokemon White Version. It's the first time where I'm actually trying to hold one of every kind in my boxes. Although it could be tied with Soul Silver, koffi~
FROM FAITH, COMETH HONOUR.
FROM HONOUR, COMETH IRON.
THIS IS THE UNBREAKABLE LITANY;
AND MAY IT FOREVER BE SO.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here