The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

View Poll Results: Favorite Town/City?
Littleroot Town 1 0.88%
Oldale Town 1 0.88%
Petalburg City 1 0.88%
Rustboro City 3 2.65%
Dewford Town 0 0%
Slateport City 10 8.85%
Mauville City 8 7.08%
Verdanturf Town 3 2.65%
Fallarbor Town 0 0%
Lavaridge Town 3 2.65%
Fortree City 31 27.43%
Lilycove City 22 19.47%
Mossdeep City 6 5.31%
Sootopolis City 13 11.50%
Pacifidlog Town 9 7.96%
Ever Grande City 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted September 26th, 2013 (11:13 AM).
Zivlok

Nature: Naughty
One of my absolute favorite things about RSE was the incredible variety in the cities and towns, from you averages starter towns, to cities like Mauville that felt more spread-out and laid-back, to a village in a trees, or on logs floating in the middle of the dang ocean to A CITY INSIDE A VOLCANO.

Pretty much every town had a unique sensibility, and it all added up to the constantly surprising and unique experience that really kept the sense of wonder and exploration that I've always treasured in the Pokemon series.

So which was your favorite?

While Sootopolis was undeniably cool as all get out, my favorite would probably be Pacifidlog Town. Sure, it wasn't that big and was mostly a convenient rest stop when trekking across the gigantic ocean, but that tiny town just completely captured my imagination. As soon as I surfed into sight of it, I was wowed, and I loved the great details, like the way the logs would submerge slightly when you walked on them. Even though it's not very large, every now and then I like to go there just to run around on the logs for a couple minutes.
Old Posted September 26th, 2013 (02:41 PM).
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I think Pacifidlog was a very good concept but unfortunately it came near the very end of the game so there's no significance to it whatsoever.

My favorite has to be Sootopolis followed by Fortree and Lavaridge. However I think every single town in this game, maybe bar first couple of towns, had a uniqueness to it, and that's what made Hoenn one of my favorite regions for me.
Old Posted September 26th, 2013 (07:29 PM).
CalienteFire

Nature: Relaxed
My favorite city in the game was Lilycove. Now, the general appearance is alright, nothing special, but this city holds many visited attractions. There's the department store, the contest hall, the harbor, move deleter, the Safari Zone to the east, etc. This city was definitely my most visited in the game and will always be my favorite.

✰ Goldfins ✰
Old Posted September 26th, 2013 (09:36 PM).
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Fortree has been my favorite place in the Hoenn region for as long as I can remember. Living in trees around well... more trees, the routes beside it are amazing, and the gym leader is amazing as well. Just everything about Fortree was and still is amazing to me. I don't know if I would ever live in a place like that but its such a fascinating place to where I totally would try to live in the place even if it doesn't work out for long. The experience would be fabulous if anything. ♥
Old Posted September 26th, 2013 (10:01 PM).
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

Mossdeep It's a bit rustic, and has a friggen space centre! But mostly it's rustic, reminds me of Hawaii.
Old Posted September 26th, 2013 (10:54 PM).
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

I agree with Fortree city. I loved the entire concept of an entire city being in the trees. It was such a beautiful city that I was immediately impressed with the first time that I saw it. I was also a huge fan of the gym in the city and felt that it had the best puzzle of all of them.

"By force of will!"
Old Posted September 28th, 2013 (09:34 PM).
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
I really liked Lilycove City. For some reason I always wound up there. The city just had a nice layout and I liked the contests. It was just a fun city, I guess
Old Posted September 28th, 2013 (10:43 PM). Edited September 28th, 2013 by Endless_Void.
Endless_Void
Rawr

Nature: Naive
I love Sootopolis City, because It's where I got my First Legendary and my last badge. :D

Old Posted September 28th, 2013 (11:28 PM).
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I was a big fan of Slateport. The city had an extremely cheerful theme, a ship harbor, it was one of the Pokémon Contest locations, it had a museum, and it was the home of Slateport Market, a place where people gathered to sell all their items. What more could you ask for? d: I liked Mossdeep City, too. This was the official location of Hoenn Space Center. Fortree was one of my favorites, too. I loved the way how people had their houses on top of trees, and the atmosphere seemed very nice and calming.
Old Posted September 28th, 2013 (11:39 PM).
Para-Dox

I really liked how different Fortree was to everything else. The idea of having a entire city being a cluster of treehouses was a very creative one and held with the tropical theme of the region.
Old Posted September 29th, 2013 (06:14 AM).
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pära View Post
I really liked how different Fortree was to everything else. The idea of having a entire city being a cluster of treehouses was a very creative one and held with the tropical theme of the region.
! this too!

Also reminds me of that water town... Pacifidlog! Rather than a town of treehouses, a town of water-huts!

Very creative on Gamefreak's part.
Old Posted September 30th, 2013 (06:53 AM).
Negix

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Negix
Actually I can't decide which town I love, because overall I liked every one of them. However, the ones that I did stay the most at, where Sootopolis and Fortree. The whole idea of living in the trees, and reaching a hiding city by fly or dive was magnificient. It felt like you were exploring the whole world. And to top it all off, they had good background music.
Old Posted October 2nd, 2013 (05:12 PM).
MiniMinun
Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!

Nature: Calm
I HONESTLY have no idea where this came from...but Rustboro
Old Posted October 4th, 2013 (11:18 PM).
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet
It's a close call between Slateport and Fortree for me, but since the latter doesn't seem all that convenient or realisitc, I'll go with Slateport as my favorite. Not only is it connected to a large beach, but it's home to a ferry service, a contest hall/battle tent, an aquatic museum, an outdoor marketplace and more.

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old Posted October 5th, 2013 (01:15 AM).
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Ever Grande City. The place was flowery and beautiful. The problem is, it wasn't shown enough for people to realize its true beauty. And the waterfall seemed amazing.
Old Posted October 5th, 2013 (02:23 AM).
SoulRoach
Hoenn Fanboy

I honestly don't know, maybe mauville city, because I spend most of my in game time there
Old Posted October 5th, 2013 (04:14 AM).
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

Nature: Gentle
I Like Slateport city then any other city in R\S\E here i can tell the reasons

Reason 1) there are too many things to see

2) I can buy Protein, Iron and other state upgrade things to raise the base stats of my Pokemon, Its also useful in League

3) There is a museum and a too many Historical Monuments to see like Fossils, models of ship and sumarine and other cool things (Also because first time you enter the museum you get a chance to fight with team rocket grunts )

3) In emerald there is a Battle tent so i can fight with other trainers with other trainers Pokemon it depends on luck that what kind of Pokemon you got.

4)There is also Slateport harbor where i can have a ferry to birth,navel, battle frointer etc etc.

there are more reasons but this are the major reason for why i like this city !
Old Posted October 5th, 2013 (06:36 AM).
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
Ever Grande City. The place was flowery and beautiful. The problem is, it wasn't shown enough for people to realize its true beauty. And the waterfall seemed amazing.
They should have had an actual city for it
Old Posted October 5th, 2013 (09:03 AM).
Tsutarja
Happy Holidays

Nature: Jolly
My favorite place was Lilycove.. I mean, it was the headquarters of Pokémon contests, which I was an active coordinator in my games, and it also houses the lottery corner and the department store for Hoenn.
Old Posted October 5th, 2013 (09:33 AM).
DynamicD
Metagross Fan

Gen 3 was pretty creative. For example, my favorite city, Fortree City. With the concept of secret hideouts, Fortree was freaking awesome! Whoever thought of a Hoenn treefort city, give them a cookie.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old Posted October 5th, 2013 (10:11 AM).
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
My favorite town is Fortree city because they live in tree houses.
Old Posted October 5th, 2013 (12:31 PM).
Tyrael
This is a Sailor's Prayer
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrael
I would have to say that Lavaridge Town is my favorite city/town in Gen III. It just seems like a really cool idea, living by a volcano! XD

As long as these struggles are aimless, we will all be standing still.
Trade Thread3DS FCPair
Old Posted October 5th, 2013 (01:16 PM).
Larinelle
Purrfect Purple Paradise

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Larinelle
Mine must be Mauville City although I am fond of Hoenn towns/cities in general.
Anyway.. I like the name of Mauville and I'm sure that's the area I spent most of my playtime at! And being a fan of elec-type Pokémon.. well that's just where you found most of them. : )
I also really liked Fortree city, though!
Old Posted October 20th, 2013 (05:02 PM).
mrpokemonxy

Lavabridge because the sauna and the storyline between team magma and plasma
Old Posted October 21st, 2013 (11:59 PM).
Nomine
サトセレ

Another vote for Lilycove here! Fortree, Mossdeep, and Sootopolis are all at a close second. Whenever I think of Hoenn, Lilycove City always comes to mind. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald were my first Pokémon games, and I think the music from Lilycove just stuck; it's a relaxing tune to listen to. Not only the music is awesome, but the location is great as well. It's in between my favorite routes (Route 118-123) and the sea. Even the motto is awe-inspiring: "Where the land ends and the sea begins." I'm hoping for a R/S/E remake to experience Lilycove again in a new way... I'm crazy. Haha!

My Role-Playing Twitter Accounts follow!
Writer
Brock
Calem
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links