The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 25th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Garuga17

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post

As long as the script is shorter or the same size (in bytes, not lines) than the original. Hit F1 in XSE to bring up the command database, which tells you how many bytes each command needs.

So, if i only change small things, like Pokemon ID, or levels, or Music ID, or anything that involve "0x(blahblah)" it would not affect? Thx for your answer anyway :D
Old September 26th, 2013, 04:34 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garuga17 View Post
So, if i only change small things, like Pokemon ID, or levels, or Music ID, or anything that involve "0x(blahblah)" it would not affect? Thx for your answer anyway :D
Yes, corruption only takes place when the number of new bytes is greater than the number of old. So, if you only change the existing bytes, and not the commands, you will be fine.

Paired with Simba
Old September 26th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Sliter
Gaijin Trainer

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sliter
There is any way to export the text files from platinum in separated files for each .bin file in pl_msg.narc ?
getting in .bin with crystal title I couldn't find a way to open/convert them to xml or editable text
With thenewpoketext I can only get all the game text in one file(And it make my oldy pc frooze when I want to open), should be better if I could get them apart, like we can see in some editors like in SDSME or Ds text editor but I can't export/import them from there, there's any way?
Old September 26th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
I'm trying to transalte an hack. I want to transalte this test:

But when i search it on advance text there are some weird "thing" before the test.

Why?

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old September 26th, 2013, 08:23 PM
awipe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post

But when i search it on advance text there are some weird "thing" before the test.

Why?
Advanced Text is VERY buggy and unreliable.

I would recommend just opening the script up with XSE from advanced map and editing it from there.

However even that process is not 100% correct.

Make a while new script and complite it, use that offset in place of the offset you are trying to replace.

Does that make sence?

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old September 26th, 2013, 08:51 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post

Why?
The simplest thing to do is open up XSE for your script, click on the decompile button in the top right, translate the text, then click compile again. Just make sure the translated message isn't bigger than the original text!
Old September 26th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Nelsyv

So I got a little test map of Pallet Town going and everything is working so far, but for some reason whenever I walk downwards towards a tile that you can't walk on, a white and green flashing arrow appears. I think it may be related to movement permissions, but I'm not sure; it doesn't make any difference to the actual gameplay but it's annoying. Any suggestions as to how I can remove it?

If it helps, I used the following movement permissions in AM: "C" for the places you can walk, "1" for where you cannot, and "4" for where you can surf.

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
92% of teens moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% who listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Old September 27th, 2013, 01:59 AM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsyv View Post
So I got a little test map of Pallet Town going and everything is working so far, but for some reason whenever I walk downwards towards a tile that you can't walk on, a white and green flashing arrow appears. I think it may be related to movement permissions, but I'm not sure; it doesn't make any difference to the actual gameplay but it's annoying. Any suggestions as to how I can remove it?

If it helps, I used the following movement permissions in AM: "C" for the places you can walk, "1" for where you cannot, and "4" for where you can surf.
I think I know the issue, but can I see a screen shot to confirm?

Paired with Simba
Old September 27th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Nelsyv

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
I think I know the issue, but can I see a screen shot to confirm?
I can't post images yet, but here are the links:

oi39 dot tinypic dot com/2nu2fqd dot jpg

oi44 dot tinypic dot com/14cwjg0 dot jpg
Old September 27th, 2013, 11:33 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
I can't post images yet, but here are the links:

oi39 dot tinypic dot com/2nu2fqd dot jpg

oi44 dot tinypic dot com/14cwjg0 dot jpg
That's just because the tile has an attribute of warp down of hero. So in the tiles editor in A-map 1.92 fix it.
Old September 27th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Nelsyv

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
That's just because the tile has an attribute of warp down of hero. So in the tiles editor in A-map 1.92 fix it.
How do you get to the tiles editor? I looked around but I couldn't find it...
Old September 27th, 2013, 11:51 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
How do you get to the tiles editor? I looked around but I couldn't find it...
It looks like a puzzle piece near the top
Old September 27th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Nelsyv

Quote:
It looks like a puzzle piece near the top
Ah ok thanks. It says "Block editor" in my copy of AM so I wasn't sure if it was something different... Either way, that fixed it. Thanks a lot! :D
Old September 27th, 2013, 02:23 PM
CRaTeR
Emperor of Aragon

Send a message via Skype™ to CRaTeR
I tried searching the thread, but "TM" didn't get any results.

Is it possible to create a new TM using just the Item Manager or another Item Tool, or do I need to use a hex editor?
Old September 27th, 2013, 03:13 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRaTeR View Post
I tried searching the thread, but "TM" didn't get any results.

Is it possible to create a new TM using just the Item Manager or another Item Tool, or do I need to use a hex editor?
You must create ASM routines, use a save block hack, expand the bag's length, Expand all pokemon moveset compatibility to include for the new TMs, etc.
I think you get the point
Old September 27th, 2013, 03:23 PM
CRaTeR
Emperor of Aragon

Send a message via Skype™ to CRaTeR
Quote:
You must create ASM routines, use a save block hack, expand the bag's length, Expand all pokemon moveset compatibility to include for the new TMs, etc.
I think you get the point
Ah, gotcha. That's disappointing, but thanks for the quick answer.
Old September 27th, 2013, 05:42 PM
PokéMew151
A quest Within the Endo Region

Nature: Modest
Sorry, got another question...
Is there any sort of way I can create my own pokeball that I designed, mabe using unlz gba to design it or something like that, and if so how would I make it work? (Example: pokeball has ___chance catching pokémon. My pokeball has ???? Chance of catching)

Introducing my new hack Pokémon Fuchsia,
being released in early 2015!

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
PokéMew151
Old September 27th, 2013, 06:54 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéMew151 View Post
Is there any sort of way I can create my own pokeball that I designed, mabe using unlz gba to design it or something like that, and if so how would I make it work? (Example: pokeball has ___chance catching pokémon. My pokeball has ???? Chance of catching)
You would need to expand item table, item image table, item effect table, add the image, pal, maybe custom ASM so it can function, all that Jazz.
Old September 27th, 2013, 11:21 PM
daniilS
busy trying to do stuff not done yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéMew151 View Post
I'm currently researching ball hacking myself. this post by JPAN explains how to make a ball with a predefined catchrate.This post explains how to create items themselves. With some asm knowledge, you can create balls with a variable rate. What I am trying to figure out is the throwing animation.
Old September 28th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Lori55

I'm really sorry if I'm writing this in the wrong section, But I need a guide to edit stationary pokemon levels on HG SS for my hack, I also need to change the levels of the gift pokemon.
Old September 28th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Gigabyyyte
Exploring the world of Kalos!

Hmm, got a question here.

How do I create custom evolution stones? I know Jambo51 has this ASM hack on it, but I really need it for my hack. Does anybody else here know how?

Hey, I'm on NLSC! Yup, right heeere: http://forums.nba-live.com/memberlis...rofile&u=75053
Old September 28th, 2013, 06:10 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigabyyyte View Post
Hmm, got a question here.

How do I create custom evolution stones? I know Jambo51 has this ASM hack on it, but I really need it for my hack. Does anybody else here know how?
Karatekid has a thread on it. Here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296729
Old September 28th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Gigabyyyte
Exploring the world of Kalos!

Quote:
Karatekid has a thread on it. Here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296729
TOO COOL! Thanks a lot, gogojjtech. :D

Hey, I'm on NLSC! Yup, right heeere: http://forums.nba-live.com/memberlis...rofile&u=75053
Old September 28th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Misledangel

how do u hack :/ habitats data of pokedex in firered ? i.e what if i want a pokemon to appear in rare ?
Old September 28th, 2013, 08:05 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misledangel View Post
how do u hack :/ habitats data of pokedex in firered ? i.e what if i want a pokemon to appear in rare ?
Advance map, wild data tab for that map. There will be a table. The first slot is the most common, the last slot is the rarest.

Paired with Simba
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here