• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If someone is willing to revive it and pass out the eggs, that'd be great. It's just a hard challenge to keep up with because of that, so I wouldn't want to run it myself.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I wanted a challenge myself at some point so I started a Baby Pokémon Challenge xD (shameful advertising, I know >.>) An I heard people don't like doing that because it's hard/ takes too much time and various other reasons regarding the difficulty of such a challenge, someone even going as far as saying that they won't torture themselves >.>
Was that me? Because I think I remember saying that.

God, I have been really bad on getting my thread updated on time lately... I should have some time tomorrow to work on them maybe.

Also, I feel like I'm the only person still playing TCG challenge which is kinda disappointing because it's a really cool challenge. :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Was that me? Because I think I remember saying that.

God, I have been really bad on getting my thread updated on time lately... I should have some time tomorrow to work on them maybe.

Also, I feel like I'm the only person still playing TCG challenge which is kinda disappointing because it's a really cool challenge. :(

yeah, that was you >.> and lol, I feel the same way about most the challenges I play. That I'm the only one playing them xD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I would re-enter TCG if I had the time. :( I might get around to it after I finish round 2 of Gender Discrimination. It really is a fun challenge, I just assumed that people avoided looking at it because they thought it'd be heavily TCG related and most people don't seem to know how the card game works. It really isn't heavy into TCG, you just have to look at a list to pick your team and incorporating Trainers and such is optional anyway. Anyone could really get into it if they wanted.

tl;dr everyone go play tcg challenge >:(

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
I will as soon as I get a game free :)
And speaking of games, a question to all, is there a particular game you like to do more challenges on, is it just your favorite one or you have other criteria?

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
I like to do challenges on Fire Red (especially solo runs). I used to get 'stuck' on certain places and had to look something up to find my way through or out and Fire Red (and Leaf Green, Red, Blue, ...) is the only game where I can find my way blind :p
(Gen II games (Crystal, Silver, Gold) are probably my least favorite games do to challenges on, because the Pokémon are all so low leveled (at least I think they are) and it gets hard to train your own.)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I do most of my challenges on RSE and whatever the latest generation is (that being gen V just for a little longer!). RSE are easy and quick for me to play through, and Hoenn is my favorite region. And playing the latest generation will give me the maximum variety for team options. :)

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
I've been doing the majority of my challenges on Fire Red and pokemon Black/White 2. Unova's grown on me,and I love the variety of pokemon I use in these challenges. Monocolor seems neat,so thats the one i might go with the most.

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
Omg. there's so many sets to pick from for the Tcg challenge. idk what to pick ._.
Nevermind. My sign up for it is posted!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
Did ever existed some kind of challenge where your Pokémon can't get any STAB moves?

I've seen people do it with Nuzlockes, that and superless runs (no Super Effective moves may be used if possible) but I don't think I've ever seen a thread for it here. It seems like a fun prospect though.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
And speaking of games, a question to all, is there a particular game you like to do more challenges on, is it just your favorite one or you have other criteria?
I most often seem to play LeafGreen and HeartGold. Black 2 and White 2 are certainly close contenders now though. They are really fun and have great variety.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years

Red and Blue all the way! Genwunners unite!

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Maybe this already exists, but a nuzlocke where you only get one pokemon of each type, for a total of 17/18. When you encounter a pokemon, and one of its types is a type you don't have, you must catch it. If all 17/18 die, that's it.

"Ultimate 18 Challenge"

1. Feint = death, like normal

2. If you encounter a pokemon with a type you don't have, you must catch a pokemon of that species. (if you miss your chance you can try again. you MUST get one.)

3. The catching restriction only applies to what type each pokemon is at the time of captured. If it changes type later, ignore it. Charmander only counts as fire, even though he picks up a second type later.

Dual-Types are handled like this: You catch a charmander, you can never capture slugma, but if Macargo is in the wild you can catch him as your rock type.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Isn't that Typelocke? I may be wrong though. Hard to keep up with all the Nuzlocke variants, lol. ~_~

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
maybe a challenge where catching is forbidden. I could start it but I'm not sure if it's good enough.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
That's the Gift Pokemon challenge, it's been done before, so I wouldn't really worry about it not being good enough. Just make your thread concise and organized that it shouldn't have trouble getting approval.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I tried, and it didn't get approval. hasn't been 24 hours yet, though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, I mean, I know you some of you guys may think I live on the site and stay in this very section, hawk-eyeing it every 5 seconds for new challenges, but...

SURPRISE!

I have a life. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back