Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 24th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Just posting a quick Twilight Princess update! I went through all the starting stuff in the town which took quite a while (and forgot how to please the cat so that took half an hour to work out again smh) and went through the first bout of Twilight (Wolf Link ♥) before stealing equipment from the townsfolk under the canine guise. I accidentally picked up a heart piece along the way but thankfully I'd saved not long before so nothing too bad to restart from. Also the ranching mini-game was nostalgic haha. Then went around collecting the tears and headed to the Temple of the Woods. I'll continue soon, really enjoying this though! It's not overly hard yet but I can't imagine I should be on 4+ hearts yet anyway so hey-ho. :D
Posting an update! I've done basically loads since that post and can't be bothered to list it all right now, but I've got all the fused shadows now (saved and stopped just after getting the last one) and I've been playing faaaaar too much. Some of the bosses were stupidly hard whilst only having 3 hearts to use but otherwise it's not been too difficult so far. The Twilight wolf levels have been harder than the Link levels but the whole thing's been really enjoyable and the challenge is certainly an exciting one. There's been a lot of memories and nostalgia whilst playing this so I can't wait to finish, still quite a while to go yet though haha.
Old September 24th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Xaldin
Big things come in Nice packages.

Nature: Calm
Masks Obtained:
Spoiler:

Deku Mask
Breman Mask
Great Fairy Mask
Blast Mask
Kamaro Mask
Mask of Scents
Mask of Truth
Bunny Hood
Kafei Mask
Odalwa's Remains
Stone Mask
Zora Mask
Goron Mask
Don Gero Mask
Romani Mask
Circus Leader's Mask
Keaton Mask
Goht's Remains
Gyorg's Remains
Twinmold's Remains
Postman's Hat
All Night Mask
Couple's Mask
Giant's Mask
Fierce Deity Mask
....and any other mask that I forgot

Bosses Defeated:5/5

Spoiler:
Progress:
(In no particular order)
Got the Adults Wallet
Got the rest of the masks in Town
Beat the Stone Tower
Got all the masks in the game
Got all the Bottles in the game
Got the Great Fairy's Sword
Beat the Game!

and with that,my 3 heart challenge in Majora's Mask is complete! I forgot how dark this game was! it was fun to play all the sidequests,and it was nice to complete my first Zelda Challenge!
Old September 27th, 2013, 10:17 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
Apologises for not tracking my progress through this thread, but I have just finished Ocarina of Time 3D with three hearts! Hooray!

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Bayonetta 2 and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Pokémon X

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old September 27th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Beat level 3 on Legend of Zelda (1986). I'll probably continue after physics exam is over.
Old September 27th, 2013, 09:55 PM
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

Nature: Quiet
Okay! Another Cycle Done!

Picture:
Spoiler:

Since Snowhead I have...
Spoiler:

> Went back to Snowhead Temple to take down Goht again.
> Opened the Goron Racetrack AGAIN, and got me some gold dust.
> Won the race, and got the gold dust.
> Went back to Goron Village to get a free powder keg!
> Exploded the roadblock in front of Romani Ranch
> Made a Promise to Romani to fend off the aliens at 2:00 A.M.
> Went to Great Bay
> Met Mikau, healed his soul Got Zora Mask.
> Got the Owl Statue for Great Bay
> Went to Zora Cape and got that owl statue.
> Went back to the Mountain Village to give my sword to the Smithies.
> Went to Ikana Graveyard to get the Captain's Hat. Almost died, but had a Red Potion.
> Beat the Giant Stalchild, got Captain's Hat.
> Went back to Clock Town to get another Red Potion, went back near the Graveyard to give Stone Soldier Shiro the Red Potion. STONE MASK GET!
> Showed Kafei's Mask to Anju.
> Went back to Great Bay and broke into Pirate's Fort.
> Got through the underside.
> Went to the uppermost area of Fortress. Saw Aveil and Gerudo Pirate having coversation.
> Dropped Beehive on them, got hookshot and egg.
> Went to get another egg. Beat Pirate Admin with Zora Link. Got Egg #2
> Returned Zora Egg #1 and #2 to Laboratory
> Flew to Zora Cape and climbed waterfall to get Empty Bottles from Beavers.
> Meet with Anju and got mail. Put mail in letterbox.
> Returned to Romani Ranch to take on the Aliens.
> Beat Aliens. Got bottle.
> 2nd Day Morning. Got Razor Sword.
> Gave Razor Sword to the Smithies with Gold Dust to upgrade to the Gilded Sword.
> Went to Gorman Bros. Ranch. Beat them and got Garo Mask. Registered Gorman Bros. in Bomber's Notebook.
> Returned to Great Bay to get remaining 2 eggs.
> Returned Eggs #3 and #4 to Laboratory
> Went to Pinnacle Rock to get remaining 3 eggs. Remembered way through.
> Got eggs #5 - #7. Returned to Laboratory.
> Learnt the song "New Wave Bossa Nova".
> Went to play New Wave Bossa Nova for Lulu opening up Great Bay Temple.
> Played through normally. Got Stray Fairies 1 - 9.
> Beat Wart. Got Ice Arrows. Exited Great Bay Temple.
> Missed my sweet ride at Romani Ranch.
> Went to Clock Town to meet Kafei. Registered Kafei in Bomber's Notebook.
> Returned to Great Bay Temple. Played through normally getting the remaining stray fairies.
> Beat Gyorg, and got remains.
> Returned Stray Fairies, getting double defense.
> Went to Ikana Canyon setting Owl Statue.
> Went back to Clock Town, waited until 1 PM. Got Keaton Mask and Letter to Mama.
> Played Song of Double Time. Made it night of the Final Day. Went to Ikana Canyon.
> Meet up with Kafei at the end. (Had Stone Mask on, so Sakon couldn't see me)
> Went into Sakon's Hideout. Kafei got the Sun Mask.
> Went to Graveyard and found Dampe under grave. Summoned Ghost Leader.
> Beat Ghost Leader, got empty bottle #5.
> Put Ghost Leader in bottle.
> Returned to Clock Town and sold remaining fairies to curiosity shop. Deposited rupees.
> Sold Big Ghost. Got Huge Rupee. Deposited all 200.
> Gave Letter to Mama to Postman.
> Went to get 100 rupees from Anju's room and another 100 from above east gate. Deposited.
> Witnessed Anju and Kafei. Got Couple's Mask.
> Got Postman's Hat.
> Ended Cycle. Returned to Dawn of the First Day.

Bloody hell, I got a lot of progress done and I really didn't realise. o.o

But all that is done! :D Not much left to do now!

Game Over, Majora! I win!

Progress:
Spoiler:

> Got a Powder Keg, Arrows and got rid of the blockade on Milk Road.
> Talked to Romani to make it 100% sure that I do the aliens sidequest
> Got another Powder Keg, as well as some bombs.
> Completed Spider House in Great Bay. GIANT'S WALLET GET!
> Went to Southern Swamp, got Red Potion.
> Went through woods of mystery. Got Magic Mushrooms.
> Healed Koume, gave magic mushroom to Kotake. Got Blue Potion
> Got Bugs, went to Swamp Spider House.
> Finished Swamp Spider House. MASK OF TRUTH GET!
> Got 5 Magic Beans
> Got Milk
> Got Another Bug
> Went to talk to Anju and Kafei. Started Sidequest. Also got Room Key!
> Got 10 Deku Nuts
> Got 10 Bombs
> Headed to Ikana Graveyard. Opened Night 1 Grave.
> Beat Iron Knuckle (Almost died), learnt fan-favourite Song of Storms.
> Went back to Inn, got fish and letter. Put letter in Postbox.
> Prevented Sakon from stealing big bomb bag.
> Went to Romani Ranch, fended aliens off.
> Went to Ikana Canyon. Played Song Of Storms of Sharp. "The thousand raindrops that fall are my tears, the thunder that strikes is my anger!"
> Went in Music Box house and healed Pamela's father. Got Gibdo Mask and watch heart-touching cutscene. :')
> Went through the Ikana Well. Got Mirror Shield!
> Went through Ikana Castle's ruins. Beat Igos Du Ikana and learnt Elegy of Emptiness.
> Climbed Stone Tower. Set Owl Point.
> Returned to Clock Town, met Kafei.
> Gave Pendant of Memories to Anju.
> Went to Romani Ranch, did NOT miss my sweet ride this time!
> Fended off Gorman Bros. from breaking Cremia's Milk.
> Got Membership Mask to let me in the club.
> Waited 'till 10 and got Chateau Romani (unlimited magic)
> Got Circus Leader's Mask.
> Obtained Kamaro's Mask! (Translation) Got Kamaro's Mask.
> Started Stone Tower Temple, beat Garo Master and Got Light Arrows. Also got every stray fairy found along the way.
> Flipped Stone Tower upside down. Continued normally, still getting every stray fairy.
> Fought Gomess, and won. Got boss Key!
> Went to bridge without sidelines. Beat Eyegor, and got Giant's Mask.
> Hit switch before Boss Room. (Makes a chest appear).
> Went into Boss Room. Beat Twinmold.
> Went back into Stone Tower getting stray fairies I forgot / couldn't get at the time.
> Returned Stray Fairies to fountain, getting Great Fairy Sword.
> Waited until 10 on Night of the Final Day. Got All-Night Mask.
> Played Song of Time to return of the Dawn of the First Day.
> Done the Anju and Kafei quest again, but DID NOT SAVE OLD LADY FROM SAKON!
> Met with guy from Curiosity Shop in Kafei's house at 1 on Final Day (Day), got Letter to Mama.
> Met with Kafei at Ikana Canyon. Kafei got Sun's Mask, again.
> Went to the Latte in Clock Town and gave Letter to Mama to Miss Aroma. Got last empty bottle w/ Chateau Romani inside it.
> Took Chateau Romani, got Ocarina, Bow and Arrows and Bunny Hood ready.
> Met with Skull Kid. Played Oath To Order
> Went into Moon. Hide-And-Seek with Moon Children of Odolwa, Goht, Gyorg and Twinmold. (I died to the Iron Knuckle in Twinmold's Dungeon, to be honest.)
> Went to play with Moon Child of Majora. Got Fierce Deity's Mask because I had no masks (besides "weak" masks).
> 1. Z-/L-Target 2. Spam B.
> Beat Majora.
> Listened to my favourite credits music in any game!
> Saw letter "The End" appear under a stump with a picture of Link, Skull Kid, Tatl and Tael on it.

Picture:
Spoiler:

I know there's a blank, black area at the bottom for some reason, paint refuses to fix that. >.>

Game Over, Majora! I win!

Last edited by UltraNerdtendo64; September 28th, 2013 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 28th, 2013, 01:31 PM
The Sceptile King
Just came back from a break!

Nature: Lax
I can try this in OoT 3D

Username: The Sceptile King
Game: The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time 3D
PC Challenger

X Water Montype Challenge 4/8
Old September 29th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Been very reluctant about starting this challenge, because honestly, I am, despite my love for the series, horrible at Zelda games :( Well, the combat that is. I've always had major difficulties beating most of the games, even with all the heart pieces I've received from bosses, so doing it without a single one is definitely gonna be a challenge. But I guess I won't know before I give it a try.

My original idea was to go with ALttP, since it's been ages since I last played it, but guess I can't do that, seeing as you have to pick up the heart pieces :( I really don't have many other choices though, as most of my games were on the Gamecube, and my memory card has kiinda stopped working, so that'd mean I'd have to do it without turning off the console, but that's like two challenges in one ;)

A few minutes later

K, so Alex convinced me to do Majora's Mask, but I probably won't be doing much before the 14th, as my holiday starts there, and having my Gamecube turned on all the time won't really be much of a problem, since I'll actually be able to use it most of the time :p

Username: Olli97
Game: Majora's Mask
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:08 AM
msdmario
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
So far, I got the Master Sword as well as the ability to transform into Wolf Link at will. Going to head to the Gerudo Desert to start gathering the Mirror of Twilight pieces. I found the bosses at the Goron Mines and Lakebed Temple to be ridiculously easy. Hopefully, the bosses guarding the mirror pieces put up more of a fight.

Also got a few goodies on the way:

- 3 Bomb Bags to carry all 3 different types of Bombs. Also got the Bomb Bag capacity upgrade too.
- All 4 bottles. The last one was earned for gathering 20 Poe Souls.
- A Bigger Wallet. Just need a few more bugs to get the biggest wallet in the game.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 12:01 PM
Daenerys

Nature: Calm
Username: Daenerys
Game: The Wind Waker

I'm now in Forbidden Woods. Just got the boomerang.
Don't Worry, Be Happy !
Old October 3rd, 2013, 09:05 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I haven't posted any updates in a while, so I've decided that now would be a good time! Last time I was able to post an update, I had gotten myself through the Lanryu Desert and defeated its boss, the Thousand-Year Arachnid Moldarach.

Yesterday, I went into Lake Floria and managed to finish one of the Silent Realm quests. It was an extremely scary experience. Once the creepy-looking guardians started chasing me during the mission, my heart would immediately start to pump. xD Thanks to the background music—which, by the way, had the ability to give you intense goosebumps—my heart would beat even faster. I could have turned the volume down completely, but unfortunately, that would've taken all the fun away.

And today, I got myself inside the Ancient Cistern. So far, all I was able to do is defeat the mini-boss and get a hold of the whip. I'll most likely be able to finish off the main boss next time I turn on this game.
for all distractions.
Old October 5th, 2013, 01:22 PM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
Planning to progress more tonight. During the course of today, I traveled with Tetra's pirates to the Forsaken Fortress (and screwed around with the searchlight Bokoblins). Then I managed to help a few people on Windfall Island (without gaining any pieces of heart) before getting a sail and departing to Dragon Roost. Updates will follow in around 12 hours or so.

Old October 5th, 2013, 07:23 PM
msdmario
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Just finished Twilight Princess last night. I found most of the bosses from the 4th dungeon to be easy. The dragon from the 7th dungeon was defeated without taking damage or using the Magic armor. The only trouble I had with for the rest of the game was the mini-boss at Snowpoint Ruins. It uses the Ball and Chain against you and it was tough getting behind him with the room being pretty small. I got one Game Over fighting it and managed to kill it with only one heart left.

Anyway, I found the Ordon milk to be really useful. It only heals for 3 hearts but that makes it a Blue Potion for this playthrough. You also get 2 servings as well so I made frequent trips back to the village to refill on milk.

I haven't posted any pictures since the only way to get them is from my phone. I did get some for the last fight with Ganondorf using the "Fishing Rod of Evil's Bane".

Spoiler:

A little bit later after the credits were done, this screen was taken confirming that the game has been beaten.

Spoiler:
Old October 5th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I've had a load of time to play recently due to rubbish internet (by 'recently' I mean the last couple weeks, I've been far too busy over the past few days) and I've gotten a lot further. I'm basically right near the end now - about to climb Hyrule Castle to fight the evil gammon dwarf boar thing and save my darling princess. The 3 hearts aspect has been a huge pain in the butt and its lead to multiple deaths but I'm getting better at fighting as a result and I'm starting to die a lot less with every time I play. I'm not expecting to beat the final fight with any ease based on the damage he can deal and the damage that I can't take whilst I'm awful at dodging his attacks, but let's just see if I can siege through Hyrule Castle first. The toughest section so far as been then snowy mansion with the ball & chain boss, but I managed to take it out eventually. Milk and soup are turning out to be a great cheap way to heal haha. It's too late to give up now; CHARGE!
Old October 5th, 2013, 10:14 PM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
Progress has gone backward, but not from a lack of trying. I've had to switch over from the Wii Virtual Console Version to the Wii U Virtual Console Version, which sadly means I lose all the progress that I had made.
Old October 6th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious

There, I'm finished. Maybe I'll do the second quest
Old October 6th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

All right, so, I've gotten through Ancient Cistern yesterday. There was a gigantic statue at the end, which people liked to call Koloktos. When I got there, I got the chance to meet up with Ghirahim. He was a little upset with me, though, which caused him to cast a spell on the statue, bring it to life, and have it fight me. It was quite hard for me to defeat Koloktos, because its attack were nearly impossible to avoid. Since I had a limited amount of hearts, it was an extremely difficult task for me to keep myself alive. The only way to take down Koloktos was to carefully unscrew its body parts with your whip and use them against it, which would take a very long time.

Today, I'm at the Silent Realm of Lanayru Desert. I haven't gotten myself through it yet, but I will eventually! Like I said in one of my previous posts, I'm really scared of the guardians that are in these Silent Realms—they're quite creepy. It'll take me a while to get my fear off of them.
for all distractions.
Old October 8th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Dragon

Just a reminder that you guys have less than a week to finish, orrr at least post to see where you're at! <3

Video Games • Welcome Lounge • pair • twin
[credit] • [Super Smash Bros.] • [twitter] • [Hyrule Warriors] • [SHS Wife]
Old October 8th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Spoiler:
I've had a load of time to play recently due to rubbish internet (by 'recently' I mean the last couple weeks, I've been far too busy over the past few days) and I've gotten a lot further. I'm basically right near the end now - about to climb Hyrule Castle to fight the evil gammon dwarf boar thing and save my darling princess. The 3 hearts aspect has been a huge pain in the butt and its lead to multiple deaths but I'm getting better at fighting as a result and I'm starting to die a lot less with every time I play. I'm not expecting to beat the final fight with any ease based on the damage he can deal and the damage that I can't take whilst I'm awful at dodging his attacks, but let's just see if I can siege through Hyrule Castle first. The toughest section so far as been then snowy mansion with the ball & chain boss, but I managed to take it out eventually. Milk and soup are turning out to be a great cheap way to heal haha. It's too late to give up now; CHARGE!
Continuing from this; I've reached the top of Hyrule Castle and I'm ready for the final confrontation, but I've not had enough time recently to actually finish it off so Ganondorf's currently frozen in place with the pause button for me haha. Hyrule Castle was incredibly hard to get through with only three hearts and I died more times than I could count but I'm not expecting the boss battle to be too hard after all of this. From memory Zelda's the hard part then Ganondorf himself dies pretty easily, but we'll have to wait and see haha.
Old October 11th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

The event is about to end, so I've been playing Skyward Sword non-stop during the last three days. I've gotten through a lot of things since my last update. First, I've beaten the Silent Realm of Lanayru Desert. This has taken me quite a long time, since I had to think of some strategic methods in order to obtain all the tokens (or tears—I forgot what they were called). Then, I managed to get myself inside the Sandship, get past all the obstacles, and defeat Tentalus—the boss of this location. He wasn't very hard, because I was able to dodge all the attacks that he threw at me pretty easily. d: Some of them were landed on me successfully, but I was able to quickly recover my health by taking all hearts that were inside the pots. When I was finally done with that, I payed a visit to the Volcano Summit and completed the Eldin Volcano Silent Realm. I was able to finish this mission pretty quickly, because I was very familiar with Eldin Volcano. Now, I'm at the Fire Sanctuary. I may have to fight Ghirahim here, but I'm not a hundred-percent sure. We'll see, I guess! :)
for all distractions.
Old October 14th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Dragon

Alriiiiight, thanks for participating everyone! Each one of you who have jotted your progress will be given an award! Those who completed will be given something extra. :3

Until the next challenge, I hope you've all had fun!

Video Games • Welcome Lounge • pair • twin
[credit] • [Super Smash Bros.] • [twitter] • [Hyrule Warriors] • [SHS Wife]
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here