The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 28th, 2013, 01:21 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious

MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE THREAD

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, both the first game and the sequel, bring together an all-star cast of Marvel super heroes and villains in an ultimate battle of good versus evil. Both games employ Action RPG Elements with fast-paced combat. While the first game allows multiple different endings the second game allows a story-altering choice mid-game. I personally love both games. How about you though, have you played either or both games? If so, did you have as much fun as me? (Lol.) Which heroes did you use?
Old October 3rd, 2013, 11:03 AM
Dragon
INTERSTELLAR

Nature: Modest
I honestly liked MUA: 1 more than 2, since I really liked the storyline there better with Dr. Doom & him stealing Odin's power. Reminds me of Loki! Anyways, usually I'd use characters liiiike Spiderwoman, Deadpool, Wolvarine, Ms. Marvel, Storm.. etc, etc; the ones that I'm more comfortable with. oo;

That reminds me - I really don't like the Underworld level in the first game, because you'd had to choose between saving Jean Grey and Nightwalker, and either wy, you'd get a bad situation for both of them??? Ugh, there was no way around that, and it sucked, imo. But all in all, I had good times with these games~ Parts of them were challenging!

Adventure is 49% more awesome than I am // moderator of VG and TWL
Old October 3rd, 2013, 11:40 AM
T!M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGDArm View Post
I really don't like the Underworld level in the first game, because you'd had to choose between saving Jean Grey and Nightwalker, and either wy, you'd get a bad situation for both of them??? Ugh, there was no way around that, and it sucked, imo. But all in all, I had good times with these games~ Parts of them were challenging!
I feel ya. I think Kurt made me feel worse about it, he gives you a lot of crap for killing Jean.

The first time I saved Ghost Rider in the same level, I gave up Elektra. She didn't return to my character select screen until I beat the game. I was like, WUT!?

But yeah the game is very challenging especially some of the bosses.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 11:47 AM
Dragon
INTERSTELLAR

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Timothy View Post
I feel ya. I think Kurt made me feel worse about it, he gives you a lot of crap for killing Jean.

The first time I saved Ghost Rider in the same level, I gave up Elektra. She didn't return to my character select screen until I beat the game. I was like, WUT!?
Eh, I guess when it was either the X-Men splitting up forever or a psycho Phoenix rampaging to kill everyone, I guess I'd choose X-Men splitting up because fire phoenixes are baaaad. ;~; But ugh, not that I thought X-Men splitting up and the Professor getting killed was much better..

And yeah, I hate that part where you'd have to sacrifice one of your members too. xD I don't even know how to play Ghost Rider that much - he swings his chains then... ? Becomes food for demons? I just, like him as a character, but, don't understand his play style. xD

I really like the Arcade level - it was different! Although going into the actual video game was kinda.. tedious with all those levels. xD I liked the circus bit though. Beating up Arcade was fuuuun~

Adventure is 49% more awesome than I am // moderator of VG and TWL
Old October 3rd, 2013, 12:02 PM
T!M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGDArm View Post
Eh, I guess when it was either the X-Men splitting up forever or a psycho Phoenix rampaging to kill everyone, I guess I'd choose X-Men splitting up because fire phoenixes are baaaad. ;~; But ugh, not that I thought X-Men splitting up and the Professor getting killed was much better..
Oh! So that's what happens if you kill Kurt. I've only beaten the game fully twice (The other umpteen files I stop after the Bifrost Bridge bit because I get bored) and both times I've killed Jean (Because she seems easier to beat than Night Crawler under the influence of Mephisto.) I did kill Kurt once, but I never finished the game after that.

Quote:
And yeah, I hate that part where you'd have to sacrifice one of your members too. xD I don't even know how to play Ghost Rider that much - he swings his chains then... ? Becomes food for demons? I just, like him as a character, but, don't understand his play style. xD
Ghost Rider's really good, his Original outfit has a passive ability where (when fully maxed) he has a 50% chance to revive a downed character at the moment of their death. Saved me 3 times, once against Loki on Raven's Peak and twice in the same battle against the last battle of Dr. Doom.

Quote:
I really like the Arcade level - it was different! Although going into the actual video game was kinda.. tedious with all those levels. xD I liked the circus bit though. Beating up Arcade was fuuuun~
Word.

I was kind of confused because you don't kill him directly, but after the cutscene, the robot blows up! So is he like... dead? Lol.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links