• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Favorite Endings?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
All video games (well, only the ones that have a story) have an ending. Which games, in your opinion, had the best endings?

I really liked Dragon Warrior's ending. Towards the end of the game when you reach Dragonlord, you get the option to either join his side or fight against him and rescue the princess. If you join him and help him to accomplish his final mission, your text color changes to red and you turn evil. This may not be the greatest of all endings, but I personally found it to be quite interesting. d:

I'm a big fan of Skyward Sword's ending as well. You discover that the old lady who's been helping you out throughout the game is actually Impa, one of the persons that you meet and become friends with when you time-travel back into the past. Before you get to say anything to her (by knowing who she really is), she turns herself into ashes and disappears into the thin air. It was a very depressing moment for me. If I wasn't being distracted with other things at that time, I probably would've cried. D:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Well I personally liked the ending(s) to Chrono Trigger and Morrowind

cause TES went downhill with oblivion I dislike skyrim its graphics are okay but seriously no good storyline, street fighter's vs mode has a better story

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
If you're even remotely thinking playing any of these games, avoid watching. Big spoilers. (And you probably won't get some of them anyway)

Ace Attroney: Trials and Tribulations (Just for the climax alone.)

Ghost Trick (The best plot twist ever.)

Hotel Dusk (good god what a brilliant game. Such an incredible bittersweet ending.)

Luigi's Mansion 2 (Just really sweet and charming. :) )

Metal Gear Solid 3 ( (;____;)7 )

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
Persona 3 got the best Dark ending in my opinion and I find the ending of Persona 4 also very good; very bright and colorful ending that anyone could adore.

Anyone who is familiar with the games will know which endings I mean. There are multiclip endings on both games.

Years
Final Fantasy Crisis Core had the best endind in my opinion. I have no words to describe it, people who played it will now what i'm talking about.

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow had an absolutely fantastic ending, in my opinion. The revelations were a bit of a mixed bag (what was going on with Gabriel was good, the ultimate architect of it all and final boss...not so much) but that final scene...well. Roll on Lords of Shadow 2.

NieR's four endings rank amongst my favourites, too. I've never felt more guilty about finishing a video game than I have with that, especially after the second ending. A part of me wishes I'd stopped after the first and not played the game a second time through to the finish...

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Ace Attroney: Trials and Tribulations (Just for the climax alone.)
This was my only thought when I read the title, glad to see I'm not alone. I literally almost cried at the end, which never happens in a video game for me haha. And mainly it was an accumulation of emotion from playing the whole series that when it ended, it was emotional, but a great ending. Obviously more games followed, but it was different from then on.

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
The "Katherine True" and "Catherine True" (they're different, yes. The prounciation doesn't count) ending from the game "Catherine". (Xbox 360 / PS3)

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
The good ending to Bioshock.

Reason: Because it was the best possible outcome!

The ending to Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

Reason: MUA1 - Wolverine: "... You're a punk, Fury." MUA 2: Just a cool ending watching Captain America and Iron Man walk off together understanding how different but similar their views are.

Black Ops II Zombie Origin's ending.

Reason: So... interesting... but, mysterious. Baffled.

And Halo: Reach's and Halo 4's Legendary ending.

Reason: Halo Reach - Watching your Spartan be the last man on Reach gave you sense of his loneliness. And watching him make his final stand was quite epic. Halo 4 - Watching John-117 grieve over the loss of Cortana was just... humanizing for him. The entire series, Cortana was the last thing he had in his life that meant more to him than Earth. And now all of it is gone from him.

Legendary Ending -
Spoiler:

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
There are a few I like. Let's see how fast I can type them before I have to go to work.

Katawa Shoujo - Hanako and Shizune's beta endings
Spoiler:

Radiata Stories - Both endings
Spoiler:

Umineko - Trick ending
Spoiler:

9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors - Axe ending
Spoiler:

TY

GTA V - This ending really impressed me, and it also has a spoiler too:
Spoiler:

I really had tons of fun with this ending

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Persona 3 got the best Dark ending in my opinion and I find the ending of Persona 4 also very good; very bright and colorful ending that anyone could adore.

Anyone who is familiar with the games will know which endings I mean. There are multiclip endings on both games.
I second this. Great plot, great music, and great ending for both of them. Persona 3 is tragic yes, but I feel it is a bit better than Persona 4 due to the build-up and delivery. However, Persona 4 offers something different; it really connects you to the main characters through interaction and substance throughout the story, which gives you the damn feels when the game ends and you finally have to put the controller down and watch the credits.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
The ending to Ace Attorney: Justice For All I thought was really well done, but then again I would of said this about any AA game just because I love the series as a whole. But in JFA the bad ending is very unexpected and so easy to get, and it just wrecks your heart if you do get it. I'm trying not to say anything about it cause spoilersss but it seriously threw me off first time I completed the game.

Other mentions go to The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I personally loved the ending to No More Heroes. All the fourth-wall breaking cracked me up xD

Since we're on the topic of endings, I personally love any ending in Heavy Rain involving Madison Paige (except for when she ends up with Ethan - I hate Ethan's character), but my favorite with her is probably Square One.

Spoiler:

Another favorite from Heavy Rain is the best ending involving Lauren, A Mother's Revenge.

Spoiler:

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
I would say the ending in Mass Effect was my favorite. Not only (i think it's a paragon exclusive) does the council take back all of the negative things they said about Shepard's (yours) actions, and give you the chance to either have Anderson or Udina nominated as a human councilor

Back