The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Old September 28th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

All video games (well, only the ones that have a story) have an ending. Which games, in your opinion, had the best endings?

I really liked Dragon Warrior's ending. Towards the end of the game when you reach Dragonlord, you get the option to either join his side or fight against him and rescue the princess. If you join him and help him to accomplish his final mission, your text color changes to red and you turn evil. This may not be the greatest of all endings, but I personally found it to be quite interesting. d:

I'm a big fan of Skyward Sword's ending as well. You discover that the old lady who's been helping you out throughout the game is actually Impa, one of the persons that you meet and become friends with when you time-travel back into the past. Before you get to say anything to her (by knowing who she really is), she turns herself into ashes and disappears into the thin air. It was a very depressing moment for me. If I wasn't being distracted with other things at that time, I probably would've cried. D:
Old September 28th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Slaying Moon

Nature: Quiet
I personally liked the ending for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Currently breeding: Custom starters (PM me if interested).
Old September 28th, 2013, 02:41 AM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
Well I personally liked the ending(s) to Chrono Trigger and Morrowind

cause TES went downhill with oblivion I dislike skyrim its graphics are okay but seriously no good storyline, street fighter's vs mode has a better story

PairFriend Code
Old September 28th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Spinosaurus

If you're even remotely thinking playing any of these games, avoid watching. Big spoilers. (And you probably won't get some of them anyway)

Ace Attroney: Trials and Tribulations (Just for the climax alone.)

Ghost Trick (The best plot twist ever.)

Hotel Dusk (good god what a brilliant game. Such an incredible bittersweet ending.)

Luigi's Mansion 2 (Just really sweet and charming. :) )

Metal Gear Solid 3 ( (;____;)7 )
Old September 28th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Decimosoma
Free to dream, free to smile

Persona 3 got the best Dark ending in my opinion and I find the ending of Persona 4 also very good; very bright and colorful ending that anyone could adore.

Anyone who is familiar with the games will know which endings I mean. There are multiclip endings on both games.
Old September 28th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Headphonix

Nature: Calm
Final Fantasy Crisis Core had the best endind in my opinion. I have no words to describe it, people who played it will now what i'm talking about.
Old September 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Tlachtli
Crit happens.

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
Metal Gear Solid 3 ( (;____7 )
MGS3 is without a doubt my favorite game ending. See my sig

A Gen 3 remake de-make, (soon to be) featuring many Gen VI mechanics
Old September 28th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Darkwing Ducklett
Let's get dangerous

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow had an absolutely fantastic ending, in my opinion. The revelations were a bit of a mixed bag (what was going on with Gabriel was good, the ultimate architect of it all and final boss...not so much) but that final scene...well. Roll on Lords of Shadow 2.

NieR's four endings rank amongst my favourites, too. I've never felt more guilty about finishing a video game than I have with that, especially after the second ending. A part of me wishes I'd stopped after the first and not played the game a second time through to the finish...
Old September 28th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Flushed
Tomato Soup
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
Ace Attroney: Trials and Tribulations (Just for the climax alone.)

This was my only thought when I read the title, glad to see I'm not alone. I literally almost cried at the end, which never happens in a video game for me haha. And mainly it was an accumulation of emotion from playing the whole series that when it ended, it was emotional, but a great ending. Obviously more games followed, but it was different from then on.
Old October 6th, 2013, 02:27 AM
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

Nature: Quiet
The "Katherine True" and "Catherine True" (they're different, yes. The prounciation doesn't count) ending from the game "Catherine". (Xbox 360 / PS3)
Old October 6th, 2013, 03:16 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
The good ending to Bioshock.

Reason: Because it was the best possible outcome!

The ending to Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

Reason: MUA1 - Wolverine: "... You're a punk, Fury." MUA 2: Just a cool ending watching Captain America and Iron Man walk off together understanding how different but similar their views are.

Black Ops II Zombie Origin's ending.

Reason: So... interesting... but, mysterious. Baffled.

And Halo: Reach's and Halo 4's Legendary ending.

Reason: Halo Reach - Watching your Spartan be the last man on Reach gave you sense of his loneliness. And watching him make his final stand was quite epic. Halo 4 - Watching John-117 grieve over the loss of Cortana was just... humanizing for him. The entire series, Cortana was the last thing he had in his life that meant more to him than Earth. And now all of it is gone from him.

Legendary Ending -
Spoiler:
Master Chief's face is revealed.
Old October 6th, 2013, 08:47 AM
ChokolateDeviiL

Nature: Relaxed
I loved this ones:

* Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, XIII
* Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
* Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2
* Metal Gear Solid 3 and 4
Old October 7th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Calamitastrophe
He's really feeling it

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChokolateDeviiL View Post
* Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
That ending is the reason Crisis Core is my favorite Final Fantasy game ever! I absolutely loved the story.
Old October 8th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
There are a few I like. Let's see how fast I can type them before I have to go to work.

Katawa Shoujo - Hanako and Shizune's beta endings
Spoiler:
Hanako's bad ending in the beta involves killing Hisao because he only wants her for her body, and Shizune's bad ending involves Misha killing herself out of jealousy and then Shizune killing herself out of guilt. I kind of understand how these were scrapped because they were too grimdark, but Shizune's was infinitely better than her actual bad ending. Hell, Shizune's entire beta route is better. They really dumbed it down to the point where its simplicity makes just getting to Rin's route look like something only God can do.

Radiata Stories - Both endings
Spoiler:
The Human ending involves killing Ridley to save humanity as a whole and the Nonhuman ending involves sacrificing all of humanity to spare Ridley. It may seem like a simple choice at first, but it's not. Hell, the actual choice is made at a point in the game where the fate of the world isn't even at hand. There are no signs that choosing to go with Ridley will result in magical genocide. I like Ridley, but I often choose the Human path because it's much more heartbreaking to watch Ganz and Gawain die as all of humanity pretty much evaporates.

Umineko - Trick ending
Spoiler:
Ange decides that Beatrice's sleight of hand is a trick and not magic. When she comes back to reality, she assumes that Amakusa and the boat's captain are spies sent to kill her and she murders the both of them before sailing off with Erika. It was a very, very unpleasant ending, especially after 160 hours of reading.

9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors - Axe ending
Spoiler:
Clover slowly breaks down due to the supposed death of Snake, who's actually alive and locked in a coffin, and she chops Junpei in the neck with the axe from the captain's quarters before going off to kill the other survivors. This was the first 999 ending I got and it really messed me up, but I despair over it even more since I got every ending and now know that Clover's escape plan was ultimately futile.
Old October 8th, 2013, 07:57 AM
ShadowE
Legendary loot hunter
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
GTA V - This ending really impressed me, and it also has a spoiler too:
Spoiler:
You have 3 options to pick, either you kill Trevor, or you kill Micheal, or you kill FIB Agent Haines, Devin Weston, Stretch and Mr. Cheng and fend off tons of FIB Agents and mercenaries.

I really had tons of fun with this ending
Old October 8th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Magistrum
☆The Fakemon Magister☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decimosoma View Post
Persona 3 got the best Dark ending in my opinion and I find the ending of Persona 4 also very good; very bright and colorful ending that anyone could adore.

Anyone who is familiar with the games will know which endings I mean. There are multiclip endings on both games.
I second this. Great plot, great music, and great ending for both of them. Persona 3 is tragic yes, but I feel it is a bit better than Persona 4 due to the build-up and delivery. However, Persona 4 offers something different; it really connects you to the main characters through interaction and substance throughout the story, which gives you the damn feels when the game ends and you finally have to put the controller down and watch the credits.
Old October 9th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

The ending to Ace Attorney: Justice For All I thought was really well done, but then again I would of said this about any AA game just because I love the series as a whole. But in JFA the bad ending is very unexpected and so easy to get, and it just wrecks your heart if you do get it. I'm trying not to say anything about it cause spoilersss but it seriously threw me off first time I completed the game.

Other mentions go to The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite.
Old October 9th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Awkward.
#britanna

Nature: Sassy
I personally loved the ending to No More Heroes. All the fourth-wall breaking cracked me up xD

Since we're on the topic of endings, I personally love any ending in Heavy Rain involving Madison Paige (except for when she ends up with Ethan - I hate Ethan's character), but my favorite with her is probably Square One.

Spoiler:

Madison's insomnia was undoubtedly my favorite disorder amongst the characters, mostly because it was developed in an interesting new way (burglar attack dreams/hallucinations) instead of the usual symptoms that insomniacs experience. I like this ending mostly because it can be hard to understand when you first watch it, but once you figure out how it works, it's one of those "oh my god, that's so cool" moments.

Another favorite from Heavy Rain is the best ending involving Lauren, A Mother's Revenge.

Spoiler:

Lauren is my second favorite character behind Madison. This ending shows just how powerful a woman can be if you harm her child. Lauren keeping her promise and finishing Scott off herself is a major uplift to losing a character (to get this ending, either Jayden or Madison has to die in their fight against Scott at the Old Warehouse). Honestly, she's just so badass in this scene that I can't not love it.

Old October 9th, 2013, 03:18 PM
WhiteKnightL

Nature: Calm
Only one game comes to mind, and it's Final Fantasy IX. I thought it was well done. I love good romantic endings!

A notable mention is Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. The secret ending made me feel like I hadn't felt in a long time.

"You lot. You spend all your time thinking about dying. Like you're going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids. But you never take the time to imagine the impossible. That maybe you survive." -The Ninth Doctor

I'm a Catholic Whovian who loves to watch anime and read manga, discovering my faith while still trying to to enjoy the things I love. Feel free to PM me for questions or just to chat!

Black 2 file
Palom
FC: 3483 3007 8236
Feel free to add me to trade and/or battle! Could really use some friends in BW2!

Poetry thread (please check it out!): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=310154

My trade thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307887
Old October 9th, 2013, 03:38 PM
TheBigMan0706
UMAD?

Nature: Lax
I would say the ending in Mass Effect was my favorite. Not only (i think it's a paragon exclusive) does the council take back all of the negative things they said about Shepard's (yours) actions, and give you the chance to either have Anderson or Udina nominated as a human councilor

who knew?

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old October 9th, 2013, 05:55 PM
xseed
Reality? Or a dream?

Nature: Jolly
the ending to tales of symphony is good simply becuase of nostalgia alone lol. jk their are more reasons.

I also liked dark cloud 2's ending, paper mario one's ending,final fantasy 12 ending was good,mario 64 had a great ending(more of a nostalgia reason),PMD:Explorer of sky ending I could go on and on...

ff12 ending
Spoiler:

PMD:Exploreres of sky ending(warning...you may cry lol)
Spoiler:

Last edited by xseed; October 9th, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old October 14th, 2013, 01:29 AM
thepizzatree

Nature: Jolly
A few games i really really loved the ending in: The Godfather ps2 game, Call of duty Modern warfare 2 and 3, Assassins Creed Revelation, Grand theft auto V, The last of us, Red dead redemption. Just a few, i could probably think of more if i tried.

Old October 19th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Oh good, the only one I had in mind upon reading the title was already mentioned (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII) and WOW I can't believe I didn't think of Ghost Trick's.

CC:FF7
Spoiler:
I think the reason this ending stands out to me so much is because going into the game, assuming you've played Final Fantasy VII, you already know what's going to happen. From the moment you start, you know generally what goes down and you know there isn't going to be a happy ending. So you mentally prepare yourself for it and somehow, it still catches you off-guard. Its execution is just so BRILLIANT. Especially from a Final Fantasy game, you kind of expect that you beat the final boss and then you set the game down for 20 minutes of cutscenes and then the credits and then maybe a snippet of scene after that before you turn off the system for the last time. This one kept the gameplay going right up until the end and when that last limit slot where Aerith's cure comes up just seconds too late? I just. I feel kind of emotional just thinking about it. And then the cutscene immediately after that is a new rendering of the iconic scene from the beginning of FFVII which picks up immediately where Crisis Core leaves off. It's been a really long time since I played it but no video game ending has ever left such an impact on me. (I feel strongly about it even today but WOW I was such a mess the day after I finished it, too.)

Ghost Trick
Spoiler:
I guess part of the reason I didn't think of Ghost Trick right away for this question is because I really hated how Sissel turned out to be the cat, haha. I guess maybe it never sat well with me because the cat didn't have much emphasis throughout the rest of the game, nor did the connection between the cat and Yomiel end up important until the very end anyway. BUT. The rest of the ending? I thought it tied together ridiculously well. I adored the build-up and aside from the cat reveal, I thought everything was laid out beautifully. The characters came together and everything was so relevant and it was just so, so satisfying to play through. And that's what makes a good ending.

Also agreeing with a notable mention for KH: Birth by Sleep as another "you know this can't end well" endings--I mean, the ending is pretty much the TRAILER that was teased at the end of KH2FM. But it was pulled off very well and the extra ending gameplay in BBSFM that teased that game that NEVER CAME OUT (*sob*) was a good ending too.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old October 19th, 2013, 11:41 PM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Drakengard Ending D

The King of Dark Endings, each time you unlock a new ending it just gets worse and worse, and D is by far the most depressing.

Clip: Drakengard Ending D (Graphic Violence)
Old October 20th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Nathan
prince
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
Without any hesitation, I shall pick Crisis Core : Final Fantasy 7. Despite knowing what would happen, the music for the last fight and the cutscene were so emotional and deep. I can't stop crying whenever I play it and I play it a TON!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links