Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback & Support
Reload this Page Suggestion Smileys! :D

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Community Feedback & Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Old September 28th, 2013 (10:15 PM). Edited September 28th, 2013 by Ari Niko.
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
So I've been an extremely active user of another forum, and I notice they have a lot more fun with smileys. I don't see many people using them on here This is completely random, but I've been using these in my posts anyway so maybe they'll catch on here as a start for people using more smileys.

As Hiroshi said, some Pokéthemed ones would be great!
Old September 28th, 2013 (10:42 PM).
You've been punk'd!
Administrator, , CS

Nature: Lax
Did someone say s-s-s-sm-smileys!?

Old September 28th, 2013 (11:00 PM).
You've been punk'd!
Administrator, , CS

Nature: Lax
I'd like to suggest that smileys are extremely antiquated now. I'd like to see some more Pokémon-related ones, but culture dictates that it's all about the GIFs and the emoji. Personally, I especially wouldn't add those kinds of smilies. They're literally the scourge of the web. :P
Old September 28th, 2013 (11:02 PM).
Sincerity

Quote originally posted by Hiroshi Sotomura:
I'd like to suggest that smileys are extremely antiquated now. I'd like to see some more Pokémon-related ones, but culture dictates that it's all about the GIFs and the emoji. Personally, I especially wouldn't add those kinds of smilies. They're literally the scourge of the web.

��
Of course not these, just examples, but I mean there are so few smileys on this forum! It'd be nice to see some in the future. Pokémon themed would be great! :D
Old September 28th, 2013 (11:06 PM).
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
I made two Pokémon related smileys a while back (a laughing Jigglypuff and a smiling Pikachu) so I suggest we start a collab or something of the sort (like we did for links to the forum, many people made banners) so we all can give some Pokémon smileys, except... not many would contribute or something. So I would like to know how we can "donate" a smiley to the site?
Old September 28th, 2013 (11:09 PM).
Sincerity

Quote originally posted by ★Hoenn★:
I made two Pokémon related smileys a while back (a laughing Jigglypuff and a smiling Pikachu) so I suggest we start a collab or something of the sort (like we did for links to the forum, many people made banners) so we all can give some Pokémon smileys, except... not many would contribute or something. So I would like to know how we can "donate" a smiley to the site?
That's a good idea!

I feel like smileys, while not adding anything fundamental to a forum, can add some forum-culture to it. When people all use smileys, give them meaning, and make them catch on, it starts to define the userbase! You should start using your Pokésmilies that you made, maybe they can catch on! You never know
Old September 29th, 2013 (06:48 AM).
Momentai :D
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by ★Hoenn★:
I don't have much to say here other than I adore this idea, let's pleeease do it. I would love for Pokémon-based smilies to become a proper thing here and what better way to make that happen than a site-wide collaboration to make some? Made by the users for the users.

The only smilies I tend to use currently are the Trozei ones so I'd love to see more Pokémon options.
Old September 29th, 2013 (04:10 PM).
Legen- wait for it...
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Ain't no one got smiley skills that rival mine.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one of mine really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old September 29th, 2013 (06:12 PM).
╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Eevee
I agree with this! The Trozei icons are a perfect contender as they show emotion. It's too bad the Mystery Dungeon ones couldn't be used without looking a tad awkward. Unless they could work somehow?

Old September 29th, 2013 (09:48 PM).
Moderator, BSCS

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by AlexOzzyCake:
I don't have much to say here other than I adore this idea, let's pleeease do it. I would love for Pokémon-based smilies to become a proper thing here and what better way to make that happen than a site-wide collaboration to make some? Made by the users for the users.

The only smilies I tend to use currently are the Trozei ones so I'd love to see more Pokémon options.

Totally agree with this idea because we are a Pokemon forum and having more Pokemon based simlies would make perfect sense. I could definitely see this being a community project like Alex suggested and have everyone contribute!
Old September 29th, 2013 (09:50 PM).
satisfaction brought it back
Moderator, CS

Nature: Adamant
I looove the idea of making smileys a community project. It woudl not only bring the community together, but I think it'd give sections such as Pixel Art and Art & Design some activity.

I'm all for it!
Old October 3rd, 2013 (11:45 AM).
Locked & Loaded

Quote originally posted by Curious.:
I looove the idea of making smileys a community project. It woudl not only bring the community together, but I think it'd give sections such as Pixel Art and Art & Design some activity.

I'm all for it!
This is sorta how it works on another forum I frequent, so I'm definitely down with this idea.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)