The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2013 (03:19 PM).
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Rune Alchemist
As long as it isn't grotesquely detailed, I think it could work for a Role-Play.There's a reason for ratings, and those themes are one of them.

I'm glad for the ratings here. You won't be mind-blown by the sudden twist in the tone of the story. Like PMMM. At first, you would think it as just any ordinary kid-friendly, 'Friendship will triumph over everything!' show. Until you get into the third episode. The pastel colors don't help.

Personally, I don't mind those themes. In fact, I'd like to touch upon the more psychological aspects of the characters. Light and Friendly, or Dark and Angst-y. I'm pretty grey about this.
Old September 24th, 2013 (04:03 PM).
«Chuckles»
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
So I'm thinking of going through with my idea of a Fallout roleplay. It will have two parts.

What I'm thinking, for the first part, it starts in the Southeast, much like 3. We'll be playing along the same similar plotline: You have the option to be a Vault outcast (2 spots), a generic Settler (4 Spots), a Raider (3 Spots), or a member of the Brotherhood of Steel (3 spots). I may or may not have that many people, seeing as it's a bit more than I'm equipped to work with, since the only roleplay I've GM'd before had 7 people. But we'll all start out in our respective places, like the Vault Dwellers will all come from the same Vault, but it doesn't necessarily have to be 101. The Brotherhood of Steel will start out as recruits at the Citadel, and the Settlers could be from anywhere, like Rivet City or Megaton. Raiders...They're Raiders. Eventually, all of our characters (who survive) will meet up at the GNR building and meet Three Dog, because I love that man and I have to put him in. He'll tell them about Project Purity and how they have to get the scientists of the Brotherhood of Steel and Rivet City to finish the project. When they finish getting it partially operational, the Enclave will return, much like in the game. From there on out we have the option to fight for either the Enclave or the Brotherhood, so it's generally up for the participants to determine the ending.

As for the Raiders, you can do whatever the Hell you want: Raise Hell, attack caravans, raid settlements, etc.

Reserve me a BoS spot if you go ahead with the idea. I hate the enclave now in #2 they were good because they killed those vault 13 people.

Why is it good they didn't actually follow the rules they were supposed to line up single file... they didn't may aswell teach them a lesson with a mini-gun :/

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old September 24th, 2013 (05:29 PM).
Nathan
prince
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
So I thought about my RP and saw it looked too much like The Walking Dead and I had another idea, a little similar to the previous one. Would someone like to roleplay in a Robot Apocalypse kind?
-Basic Plot(just thought it up so it's not really detailed)
Spoiler:
We live in a futuristic era where computers and robots are slowly replacing manpower. Even the armies have more robots than humans nowadays. These robots were divided into two groups : the old models(Generation I) and the new models(Generation II). All of the Gen II models came with a program that was set to boost their abilities compared to the Gen I robots. They began to replace the older robots slowly. But suddenly, one of them began to behave weirdly. It entered hostile mode whenever a human presence was felt. The scientists had to disable the robot to examine his core. They found out that his program got hacked by a mysterious person claiming the identity of Dr Anonymous. Through a video he had encrypted, they learn that he and his group, Anonymous Co., are anti-technologist that believe that humanity should pay for all of the trouble they are causing(replacing manpower with robots) and that Anonymous Co has hacked all of the robots, turning them into merciless killers. To demonstrate this, the robot destroys the entire facility, leaving only one scientist alive. Then all of the Gen II robots turned into hostile stage, destroying and killing all on their way. Learning this, all of the presidents gather to discuss about this. The war had started. They began to move all of the high-ranked families into safety bunkers scattered all over the world and agreed on an emergency counter-attack. Thus Project G started. The goal of this project was to create super-humans using a mysterious DNA found on planet Mars. They began to hire volunteers, that had escaped the attacks alive, from the city of New York in the USA. Most of the subjects of this experiments died but 5 of them managed to stay alive. These persons possessed super-human abilities such as controlling fire, flying, etc... Along with some Gen I robots, they were asked to found out the evil behind Anonymous Co and save the world from total destruction.

I know it's not very good yet but I just started on it. Would anyone be interested?
PS: If anyone wants to help, drop me a VM
Old September 25th, 2013 (06:05 PM).
DLMuerte
Knight of Time

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
I'd be interested, but five spots seems tiiight- although it may be because I'm crazy about even numbers. Either way, it sounds quite interesting. I only have one question: Just how advanced are the robots in question? Do they look a lot like humans, or are they just raw metal? Do they have emotions? Stuff like that.

HOMESTUCK

Beta Kids Collab: Dave

rp corner lurker

activity levels: existent

now doing nanowrimo

Homestuck Fanclub

Old September 25th, 2013 (06:13 PM).
Nathan
prince
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
I'm just thinking it so the number of spots may change. Also I had the idea of including an ability in these robots called "Morph". It allows them to change into human form but drains their energy quicker than usual. And they do not have emotions.
Old September 26th, 2013 (01:44 PM). Edited September 27th, 2013 by gimmepie.
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild

H O E N N † D I A R I E S
[ PRESS START ]

It's been several years ever since the events of Pokémon Emerald took place. Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza have returned to their eternal slumber in hidden sectors within the landmass, and the region of Hoenn has fallen into a state of peace and prosperity. More and more challengers are rising up as they try to take on both the Hoenn League and the contest scene - natives to the island and tourists alike -. Young trainers are appearing in droves each looking to achieve their goals and realize their every ambition. And you are one such trainer, a young male or female from Lavaridge Town or small settlements nearby, and you are about to begin your own journey. You will experience fierce battles, view captivating contests and take on many other challengers as you seek to fulfil your dreams – whatever they happen to be.

Alright guys, just one last little look at what you think before this gets submitted. As I said before this is a journey RP, but the focus is primarily the personal goals of our characters, competing in the league isn't even mandatory.
Old September 27th, 2013 (12:43 AM).
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Nature: Relaxed
I was thinking of a Roleplay earlier... I'm not really sure why I have the urge to bring it up, lately any series of any kind I like I think of what a RP of it would be like. Although it has the potential to be good it would be very hard to pull off well, constantly full of romance/lovey dovey feelings and mush, AND it would require over 10 people most likely to be all that interesting so... It's odds of survival would be terrible. But whatever, I'm here.

This RP would be based off of an (admittedly perverted, but hey the RP need not be) manga/anime called Sekirei. The basic concept is that a while back (I have to check just how long) two people found a strange alien looking construct thought to be a spaceship. Inside were tanks containing life forms: 1 adult, 8 embryos and 99 fertilized eggs. These life forms turned out to be people, with a genetic code similar to humans. These beings, dubbed "Sekirei" have strange powers beyond anything humans are capable of, but most of their power is locked away.

All Sekirei are people that would be considered "Beautiful" one way or another; most are women, some are effeminate men and very very few (Maybe 3 or 4 at the most) are more masculine men. Sekirei can only access the majority of their power(s) through contact with their Ashikabi. Ashikabi are (mostly) regular humans whose DNA is compatible with the Sekirei. An Ashikabi and a Sekirei become bonded for life through oral contact (A kiss if that wasn't obvious enough ) this process is known as the Sekirei being "winged". A Sekirei's power is directly relative to the bond between them and their Ashikabi, as well as how many Sekirei their Ashikabi has.

Every Sekirei has a number, from 1 to 108. Number 1 is the Sekirei who was already an adult when discovered, and is wide accepted as the most powerful, winged or not. 2-9 are the Sekirei discovered as embryos, they are known as "Single Numbers" and are generally as powerful as a regular winged Sekirei before even having an Ashikabi; a single number and Ashikabi pair would have a distinct advantage against most others. The Sekirei are part of a scheme only called "The Sekirei Plan" that pits them against each other until only one is left and declared the best, there is no telling exactly why.

It definitely seems to me like it has a lot of potential as a Roleplay... but anyone can see it would be hard to make work, mainly because it would take a decent number of people since there would be Sekirei and Ashikabi, and all the other stuff I mentioned earlier. If I were to undertake such a matter what I've thought up so far is that there would be two player controlled single number Sekirei and a potentially infinite number of regular Sekirei and Ashikabi. People would choose when they created their characters if they were "Destined" or not. Destined characters are guaranteed to be partnered with someone else specifically, whom would be decided by mutual consent of the Sekirei and Ashikabi, or by anyone who made a Sekirei AND an Ashikabi and wanted them together (You would have to prove you were good enough to do this and still have an interesting and dynamic story/relationship between them first.) Very interesting in theory... but rather complex.
Old September 27th, 2013 (07:22 AM).
Adventure

Nature: Naive
@ gimmepie, I could certainly enjoy that.

@ Sephear, that sounds pretty cool! As long as you plan a plot and settings well.

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Old September 27th, 2013 (09:35 AM).
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

@Sephear - That sounds really interesting. I'm not sure how you'll work it but if you do it right it could be a huge hit.

@Everyone else - The Hoenn Diaries has now been submitted. Please check out the OOC once it has been accepted.
Old September 27th, 2013 (12:31 PM).
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

I have ideas it just feels like it would be a big undertaking everything would need to be planned out well enough that I doubt I could handle it by myself. And regardless of how well I handled it it would need a lot of luck to survive because it would need a pretty large group of fairly active people =/

One thing that would help but probably play on my conscience is it's a world where characters do die. I would have to be fairly strict and allow characters who became too inactive to be killed off by other characters, and until the main arc was nearly finished (But how often does that happen?) it would remain open to new people and people who's characters had died one way or another.

Something about the whole concept that interests me is the fact that there would be combat characters and non-combat characters in a more literal division than you usually see.
Old September 27th, 2013 (03:50 PM).
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
@Lord Sephear: My interest is definitely piqued. While I'm in too many RPs to join it, I would gladly help you any way I can with it.
Old September 27th, 2013 (11:02 PM).
The Cutest Sylveon In The World's Avatar
The Cutest Sylveon In The World

Send a message via Skype™ to The Cutest Sylveon In The World
I PMed the mod of the roleplaying section (Skymin) asking where the appropriate place for a thread like this would be, and they said here, so here goes:

I've always been a fan of roleplaying - I've been doing it since I was 12 years old (and hopefully, I've gotten much better over the years). I've even had a few RPs I made myself. One, I've done several times, because I like how many options comes with it.

To be a tad more specific, it's a Pokemon roleplay, where several trainers get stranded on a deserted island after an accident regarding a cruise ship. The island itself is somewhat like a forest, which beaches along the coastline. It is also populated by many wild Pokemon. That's somewhat of a short description, but I feel it covers enough to give everyone a gist of what's going on.

I'd like to start this RP again now that I have a new account here, but alas, I'm busy sometimes. College can unexpectedly take up a lot of my time, so I'd like a 2nd GM (or basically, the "leader" of an RP) to help me. I'd imagine that including myself and this hypothetical GM, this RP would have about 6 or 7 people. I would ask someone I knew from PC to help me, but it's been so long that I'm here that most of the people I knew are gone.

Here's some things I'd expect out of said GM:

1. Decent roleplay/writing skills. While I don't necessarily mean you have to be good enough to be a published author, I'd prefer someone who was decent at RP and I'd strongly prefer someone who has RPed before, and knows how things work.

2. Fairly active. As I said, the reason I need a GM is because I'm busy sometimes. That doesn't mean I'll never log on, but I do need someone who can cover the bases for when I may be unable to.

3. (optional but preferred) The ability to make a very rough map of the island. By "rough map", I mean a very rough map. I just would like enough so that the RPers have a good idea of what they're working with, and that we all have the same visual in mind while RPing. To give an example, the map used in the roleplay "The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T)" http://i.imgur.com/7CvyM.png (obviously, credit goes to the original maker of this map). It's not super detailed, but it gives you a good idea of what their island looks like. As I said, this is optional. I can live without it; I'd just strongly prefer it.

In the actual roleplay, the GM would:

1. Check out signups. I would ultimately be the one approving/disapproving of the signups, but if they thought I rejected a good signup or said yes to a signup that needs more work, they would be the one that would let me know. In that case, I'd consider their point.

2. Keep time flowing properly within the roleplay. This is needed so one person doesn't make a post that happened late in the evening, and then the next person made a post that happened early afternoon. It's for the sake of continuity.

3. Keep a check on everything. This is just basically making sure everything is running smoothly within the RP. Everyone is commenting fairly frequently, following the rules, etc.

4. In general, have powers to make major changes what's happening within the roleplay. As long as it makes sense, obviously.

5. Talk with me one on one about a few things. This includes writing the initial roleplay post, and basically to discuss what's going on.

I'm not sure if this will generate a lot of interest. I guess I'll see. However, comment if you're interested. Depending on how many people comment, I will take it from there, and figure out a way to pick which person I want as my GM. Either way, be prepared for some private messages from me.
Old September 29th, 2013 (06:43 AM).
Magic
Guardian of the Great Rift

Hi Sylveon! :D Welcome to the roleplay section, hopefully the deathly silence hasn't disappointed you.

The best way to get a co-GM is to hang around the RPC, maybe join one or two roleplays you like the look of and get to know everyone around here. It's much easier to work with a friend than it is to ~hire~ a volunteer in to help you.

I hope you stick around here :3 your idea sure sounds interesting (S.S. Anne?!).
Old September 29th, 2013 (06:58 AM). Edited September 29th, 2013 by gimmepie.
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Alright guys, the RP I've been harping on about (The Hoenn Diaries) has been accepted and is now awaiting people to join. Please check it out

Edit: Spots are filling up pretty quick too, so if you're interested I advocate reserving a spot quickly.
Old September 29th, 2013 (01:03 PM). Edited September 29th, 2013 by Lord Sephear.
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Well there we go, Wings of Fate is up. I can't imagine we'll fill up very fast, but we've got some good plans and when we get people things SHALL get interesting!

*Edit* Just a warning, we won't be too tough but if anybody does want to join try your best to type well or you might get caught in a Grammar Reich by PJ
As evil and murderous as it sounds it's quite helpful in post quality.
Old September 30th, 2013 (04:19 AM). Edited September 30th, 2013 by Rune Alchemist.
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

Send a message via Skype™ to Rune Alchemist
World Building my RP isn't really going my way. I've been stuck in a slump for quite some time now, but I've plotted story points here and there.

It's just the World itself isn't coming together. Let's not go over my pathetic attempt on making a map.

I've found a way around it, but I personally think it is a lazy way to go about. It involves placing the characters into a specific world. Ever heard of Chrono Trigger's Time Warps? Kinda like that, but the players are only connected to selected areas they "Unlock" throughout their journey, instead of moving through time or traveling through the world.

It is still a crossover of multiple Anime/Gaming/Book series, and the players all use (relatively) weak OCs. One of the premise of the game is to resolve a problem that arises in the area, and there are some that are even related to the Canon series. A few examples(though I might not use for the RP itself) are Harry Potter dying when attacked by Voldemort, Lelouche(Code Geass) not receiving his Geass, and Ash Ketchum becoming a Frontier Brain in Kanto.
Old September 30th, 2013 (05:15 AM).
Adventure

Nature: Naive
@ Rune Alchemist - don't force it, then :3 Plan key plotpoints and areas and let the rest build up as you go. As long as you make sure you won't stand confused and unsure about where to go next when the RP is ongoing. Unlocking sounds like it could work, not completely sure how you mean but.

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Old September 30th, 2013 (07:29 AM).
Kranic
What did you say about my hair

So here is the map I mentioned earlier that I tried to sketch up using a mouse. Anyone have some critique?

Spoiler:
  • The brown line is a giant wall separating the northern island into two.
  • Grey line is a railroad.
  • Green splotch between Lewe and FLint is suppose to be a huge field, but I'm thinking about adjusting it into something else.
  • The outlined area to the north are suppose to be mountains, with the white spots representing 4 peaks and elevation. I should probably get rid of the outlines.
  • The brown outline around the lake is suppose to be like a cliff, signifying that the lake is in a crater. The thing in the middle is a volcano.

Tidbits that you probably aren't interested in:
Spoiler:

I don't really have too much history to the towns worked out except for Calne, Wayport, Southport, Crater, and Helios. For the rest of the names I just took random English/Greek town names and through them to the respective regions. I'm planning on having some names changed as I get some more background worked out.

I never really worked out my scaling issue, so I'm still not sure how big I want everything or how long it'll take from going to one place or another. I'm thinking at most it'll take 2 weeks to go from one end of the region to the other and at minimum maybe a week travel by foot.

I'm not really sure if I want to add settlements to the north of not, since part of the history of the region is that basically everyone who lived up there died off, excluding still a few people who managed, without any contact from the south. It would make sense for there to be settlements up there, but given how little contact they have from the south and since the roleplay starts and will primarily take place in the south until end-game (which we probably won't ever get to anyways) I'm not sure if it's really needed. Right now I'm just going to write it off as it not being common enough knowledge to be on a map, though I'm still not sure. Anyone have any opinions?

Roleplay Characters

Anise Briar

___

Apollo: A Journey of the Gifted

Old September 30th, 2013 (06:00 PM).
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
Hey guys. Just saying my posting will be a bit sporadic until Friday. We're getting our internet hardwired, and they'll be doing that...On Friday. So yeah. I'll be checking after school on my iPod while at the library and such, and I might be able to make a post or two while utilizing a friend's hotspot, but I will probably not be making an IC post until then.
Old October 1st, 2013 (06:57 AM).
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Zelda fans and RP-expectant players:

I know it was some time ago that I talked about making the Zelda RP, and don't worry, I still plan to; I just thought I'd tell you all that I am going to be researching this even further. Because, as it turns out, there is still quite a lot of written plot in the section of timeline I'm basing it on. I want to research as much of it as I can to make the most accurate and canonical RP possible (obviously it won't be very accurate, what with made-up characters driving the plot, but at least the setting should be in place).

This is taking place after Ocarina of Time, following the "Hero has Fallen" timeline, and precedes the events of A Link to the Past. It will probably have some involvement with the Sealing/Imprisoning War, but I'm not sure exactly how just yet.

Any feedback, interest, questions or comments? Go ahead and I'll get to them when I can (I have my own hardly working laptop and I'm focusing on College full time without a job to hassle me, so I'll have at least some activity aside from my posting.)

Old October 2nd, 2013 (12:40 PM). Edited October 2nd, 2013 by Lord Sephear.
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Hello various Roleplayers! I wish I had something more productive to say but I don't, so it's time for some shameless self advertising!

Sekirei: Wings of Fate is still short on people and looking for more, if you're not interested please tell anybody you know who might be anyways. Thanks for taking the time to read this and may Cheese grace your life consistently.

Oh and Dusk, I can't wait to see your Zelda RP, expect to see an SU from me not too long after it's up.
Old October 2nd, 2013 (02:42 PM).
Crushgaunt

@DuskLunacy
If memory serves, our characters will be pulled from the future, what kind of future are we talking about?
Old October 2nd, 2013 (02:48 PM).
Dusk

Possibly, but after some research that may not be entirely possible. I'm considering a lot of possibilities with many mechanics of this idea, so finding a good way to go about it will be difficult. I'm researching it in my free time, so hopefully I'll have an idea of how to do this soon.

Old October 2nd, 2013 (06:24 PM).
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
No matter what happens, you can count me in, Wolfy. I loved Golden Era, and I expect the same quality from this roleplay!
Old October 4th, 2013 (10:51 AM).
Dusk

Alright, I've got this thing figured out. That said, the RP has a new title:

It will be based on a huge and yet not often delved into era of Zelda: The Imprisoning War.

This is a huge and very important event in the Zelda Timeline. With Link gone for seven years during Ocarina of Time (because of his time travel), Ganon finds his way into the Sacred Realm and corrupts it, turning it into a reflection of his greed and evil, known now as the Dark World. He is granted his wish upon the Golden Power of the Goddesses to become ruler of the world, and transforms into the Demon King, Ganon. Seven years later, he defeats Link in their final battle, taking both his and the Princess' Triforce powers for himself. With all of the Triforce in his possession, he becomes an all-powerful being. However, no longer content with his ruling over the corrupted Sacred Realm, He sets out his plans to take over the Light World as well as the Dark World. He whispers to the men of Hyrule, tempting them to come into the Sacred Realm to have their own greedy wishes granted. These men succumb to their greed and become monsters upon entry to of the Dark World. Ganon builds an army of these men, and releases them into the Light World, causing chaos and destruction all over the land. The King calls forth the Seven Maidens (This time's Zelda included, all of the Maidens are young, female descendants of the Sages from Ocarina of Time) and the Knights of Hyrule. Their plans are to seal Ganon within his corrupted World once and for all. However, this is a long and dangerous process.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links