The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 28th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy

Advertise here
Having watched it the dubbed version this morning, it's definitely clear this was a different Jirachi. The legend is the same, but apparently this Jirachi has a connection with the island and has always been there. Ash even seemed to have recognized what Pokémon it was at first glance whereas Cilan and Iris didn't seem to know just how rare it was to sight a Jirachi.

I really liked the VA who played the little girl, Gemma. For a CotD I actually felt kind of moved when she broke down crying to Jirachi. I also liked the twist that while she wanted the island healed, she really wanted her father to come back home. That was nice.

The only thing that bothered me was how out of character it was when Jirachi just showed up near the end considering how afraid it was before. It just felt cheap and written in for the plot to move forward rather than happening organically. Ah, well.

All around, a good episode. Made me miss Max and AG all over again too.
Old September 28th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
oh my god actually watched the dub version this time and i forgot i adore this theme song (/゚▽゚)/ i like the gung-ho pokédex and pikachu telling ash off :D
but here's another mention of time progression sigh xD;

You're right about Gemma. She was a very full character for being a CotD and her VA diod a great job. <3

I was reading that bulba origin of species thing before and it's like... "Probably Tanabata's biggest influence on Jirachi's design is the tanzaku that can be seen hanging from its head. The Pokédex itself states that "A legend states that Jirachi will make true any wish that is written on the notes attached to head when it awakens." Jirachi is also said to wake up for just seven days every thousand years, which may well be a reference to Tanabata's association with the number seven. Another entry states that Jirachi will awaken if sung to with a pure voice, which brings to mind the Tanabata song." So I mean I guess it was Gemma's pure voice calling to it that made it awaken, but it was confused about what had happened? idk. But yeah def a different Jirachi.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection

Last edited by Anna; September 28th, 2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old September 28th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Wobbu
Yee

Nature: Relaxed
This is one of the best episodes that has aired over the past few months. I liked the happy ending and the general plot. Hm, everything I was going to say has been said...

I'll just post these thoughts I had during the episode:
-₩hy did last week's episode use the Episode N intro, but this week's episode use the Adventures in Unova and Beyond intro?
-Only Japan gets the video game Jirachi event?
-So many parts of this episode clash with Jirachi: Wish Maker
-I thought Ash and two could only spend three days on the island?
Old September 28th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

I really don't think it clashed much with M06. I think it's a different Jirachi woken by a different clause so it's fine. But I'm curious now- when was it said they could only spend three days there?

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old September 28th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Wobbu
Yee

Nature: Relaxed
Idk, I was thinking about the millenium comet and the big festival, whereas this Jirachi just appears and only six people actually care. Digging into the deepest zones of my memory, I think Porter said that the ship across the island leaves in 3 days. I deleted my recording so I can't go back and watch the episode...
Old September 28th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

This Jirachi didn't appear on schedule though. It's plausible that the community would put together a festival every year around the time it's supposed to arrive, but this one just awoke due to Gemma's wishes resonating with it. I mean, the people certainly knew about Jirachi and the legends surrounding it so idk.

As for the ships... I feel like there's at least one a day, considering that they've switched boats before. Maybe they didn't catch that one, but they could easily catch another.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old September 29th, 2013, 04:12 AM
ilias_

Nature: Calm
I just watched the episode and it was really good.

I liked the plot and all. I really wanted to see how the mountain would look like after it's all green again

And yeah, Ash seemed to remember it. For a second, I thought he was going to tell the others that he has seen a Jirachi before haha

As for the ships, I agree with Anna! And now that there are only 10 episodes left, I have to say that I am going to miss Cilan and Iris

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old September 29th, 2013, 09:53 PM
MalcomX

Nature: Jolly
Did anyone else catch that when Team Rocket was reciting the motto, James used the original line: "To unite ALL people within our nation," instead of what he has been saying in Black and White "To unite THE people." Nothing major, but I just wondered why they changed it to begin with

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!
Old September 30th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Gogoat Rocks!
The Mount Pokémon

Nature: Timid
I liked the episode.
But it just hit me. Jirachi's only wake when the millennium comet can be seen in the sky and is only seen every 1000 years.
THAT'S IT! we now know ash's age. Ash is officially 1000 years old.
(I'm just being dumb. but everything about the millennium comet and Jirachi are true)

Pokemon Y: 1048-9262-1484
Friend Safari: Ground. Trapinch, Camerupt Gastrodon.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here