Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Notices

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 25th, 2013, 12:17 AM
MKGirlism
3DS and Wii U Game Developer

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to MKGirlism
While it's still growing as we speak, I've seen many new features coming out on YouTube, in the past few days.

No more Shows
But let's start with old features going away.
That's right, the only feature that makes sense in this Thread is about to be removed: Shows.
For many years, YouTube Partners were able to create Channel-like Playlists, which was more advanced than Playlists.
In Shows, you could set an Age Gate, Avatar-like Thumbnail, separate Episodes into Seasons, credit people working on the Videos, etc.
This feature is/was only available to YouTube Partners, not counting Monetising Accounts.
Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 09.59.02.png

Community
The first new feature is the big confusion maker.
In the URL, it's called "Audience", in the Tabs, it's called "Community", and in the Help isn't called "Fans".
This is probably YouTubes' Version of NSA, where you can see what interests other people have, how many Subscribers the other people have, how much they're attracted to you, etc.
It as well comes with a more handy feature, where you can Blacklist Comments you don't want to have.
This feature is only available to people with lots of Subscribers.
Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 10.02.13.png
Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 10.02.59.png
Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 10.03.13.png

Creator Tools
Probably a terrible idea, because I sense a lot of Copyright problems on this one.
At the moment, Creator Tools allows you to Download music 'for free'.
Don't let yourself fool into it, because the ones with an AdSense Account probably can't Monetise any Videos using these music, and the ones with a Partner Account will most likely lose their Partnership status, thanks to this.
Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 10.07.41.png

Paid Subscriptions
Though it's ancient, it's still worth saying.
Paid Subscriptions is an requestible feature, which forces people to pay you before Subscribing.
I've never requested this feature on purpose, because I believe Subscriptions have to be free of charge, and the Ads on all the Videos are enough to make good money of.
Spoiler:
Old September 25th, 2013, 12:27 AM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
Paid subscriptions easy work around... bookmark their channel!!!!

PairFriend Code
Old September 25th, 2013, 03:39 AM
R.F.
Badass Overlord

Instead of creating new bugs Youtube should get rid of their old ones. It seems like they won't even test their stuff before implementing it. Like the last update which completely messed up my subscription feed and took them some time to fix it.
"You foolishly foolish fool dreaming your foolishly foolish dreams!"
Old September 25th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Tsutarja
Happy Halloween!

Nature: Jolly
The one thing I will probably miss about Youtube is that they recently removed video responses, which were a great way to get viewer feedback on videos for those popular Youtube channels/videos.

Happy Halloween!
mod pairs family tumblr twitter pc social sites
Old September 25th, 2013, 06:35 AM
MKGirlism

Ah, I forgot about Video Responses.
Another useful feature they removed.
~Yami
Old September 25th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Cassino
no

YouTube is like a compost heap that never stops degrading. What next, I do wonder...
DA | YT | In the navy, yes, you can put your mind at ease.

Last edited by Cassino; September 25th, 2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old September 25th, 2013, 02:09 PM
MKGirlism

Well, I do like the Comment Filter, it's something they should implement 7 years ago already.
I still hate the OneChannel Design, Banners are no longer unique, because of this.
~Yami
Old September 26th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Para-Dox

I actually like the One channel design due to it's cross compatibility with both desktops and mobile apps. Then again, I've never really have minded most of the changes Youtube has done.
I HAVE MOVED TO THIS [x] ACCOUNT
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:01 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I swear people who work for YouTube just sit there and think "hmm, what useful feature can we remove today?" or "let's add pointless features only one person will use!".
There's some good additions occasionally, like the Watch Later function... but I seriously think they should just leave it alone. Oh, and bring back video responses, because they've gone for no reason whatsoever.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Bayonetta 2 and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Pokémon X

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
Who would ever used paid subscriptions? All it does is hurt your income because less people see your videos!
5026-4431-0126 - 3DS FC | Soundcloud
Old October 1st, 2013, 09:06 AM
MKGirlism

And that's why I don't use it.
~Yami
Old October 1st, 2013, 09:42 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKGirlism View Post
Ah, I forgot about Video Responses.
Another useful feature they removed.
They actually removed that? Wow. Youtube is steadily on the decline. It's only a matter of time before it fails completely.

Oh and they really need to make the Wii U YouTube app more user-friendly. It's confusing as hell and you can't stream the videos to the gamepad.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links