• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I can't wait for the release! I am so excited, it is gonna be Fennekin for me at the start :D

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
There are a lot of other 3ds exclusive games worth playing, if you're worried about buying one just for this game. Not to mention these certainly wont be the last set of pokemon games on the 3ds.

I got mine for $150 a long time ago. I'm not sure what they're running now but at least it's not like buying a whole new console.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Don't forget that the 18 you will have Sonic Lost World coming out on both Wii U and 3DS and next month is A Link Between World, so it's best time to buy a 3DS.

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
Years
Preordered Pokemon X and eagerly awaiting it's arrival from Gamestop!

The new features are amazing, and I actually sent a letter to the American Pokemon branch thingy on the release of Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, asking if they could put character customization into the games. Lo and behold, my glorious wish came true.

I was planning on getting Chespin, because I'd never taken the Grass starter ever, but when they released the first evolution for the starters, I was all like, "No."
I'd always picked Fire starter. Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, and Tepig. The only game I didn't pick the Fire starter on was my first game, Diamond, when I picked Piplup. I decided to change it up and get the promising Grass starter this time 'round.

And then they just HAD to blow him up like a balloon. Really Gamefreak? Really? And call me strange if you will, I Absol-lutely hate it when a four-legged Pokemon suddenly is bipedal. Or vice-versa. Fennekin's off the list. But Froakie, it just doesn't appeal to me.

The new status mechanics are amazing! I always wondered how a Poison type Pokemon could be poisoned. Psychic types confused. The list goes on and on.

That's just my opinion anyways...

Dedenne

The Antenna Pokémon
Years
I actually have a team somewhat planned, although it will probably change as I play through the game and encounter Pokemon that haven't been revealed yet. This is the case though with every generation and my teams always end up being polar opposites from what I expect. However, if I were to make an ideal team from what has been revealed now is would be as followed:

-Chespin
-Honedge
-Swirlix
-Pancham
-Amaura
-Litleo

I just love the balance of this team and I adore each and every one of these Pokemon!

Same exact team for me but switch out Honedge for Dedenne and Litleo for Squirtle

blue

gucci
Years
I'm glad I pre-ordered Pokémon X back in May from GAME, now I get the neat pre-order bonus! n__n

I've also got my team planned, I'm still uncertain on the sixth member as my decision keeps changing frantically buuut I've got a definite five;

Fennekin
Fletchling
Clauncher
Inkay
Sylveon
Meowstic/New Pokémon.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
I can't wait for pokemon X/Y to come out.
For the first time I'm getting both on release day.

My team so far is:

Fennekin
Squirtle (mega blastoise ftw!)
Amaura
Inkay
Litleo
Sylveon

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I put in my preorders for both copies yesterday when I found the cards at work. Still can't decide on what I want for my team, though I never stick to my projected team anyway.

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
I can't wait to watch the youTube videos of X & Y, but because I unfortunately don't have a 3DS, I cannot experience the game myself. :sniff, sniff:

FireOfExile

2363-5961-4897 (3DS)
Years
I'm getting Pokemon X for sure! Maybe Y, depending on what the stocks are at. (I make my allowance off of the stock market. Facebook better be doing good)

Anyway, to get ready I've decided to finally complete the main storyline of Pokemon Black! I started a while ago to get Meloetta and haven't done anything since, but after starting up a few days ago I've gotten to the third gym and now have an extremely overpowered Palkia by my side. (I'd be at the 6th gym, but I accidentally turned off my DS today when I didn't see my blue light.)

Also, will there be any community events? I noticed you mentioned party members. :)

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I bought Kid Icarus just to pass the time for 12 days until POKEMON X-TREME

Also, I CAUGHT THEM ALL!!!!!! (except manaphy, pione, and Shaymin)

Years
So far I'm looking forward to having Fennekin as my starter.. it has always gotten to me as a cute Pokémon since it came out and Braixen just reinforces that <3

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
So far I'm looking forward to having Fennekin as my starter.. it has always gotten to me as a cute Pokémon since it came out and Braixen just reinforces that <3

I'm the same except with Froakie. <3 Although Brigadier may not be "cute" it appeals to me in the same way as the Tochic line did- the first Pokemon looking cute and then turning into a badass looking thing. B) Admittedly, I do like Brigadier more than Combusken though. xD

blue

gucci
Years
I just can't wait to get into the game, just thinking of playing in those beautiful 3D graphics skating around the new region just gets me that little more excited for them!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I have a question. What are you guys saying its 11 days til X and Y, but my friends and I are saying its 10 days away. Why are you counting the release day, when in all reality you shouldn't.

On a side not I can't contain my hype for the games any longer. I just want my Water types.

I don't really count the day I get the game on. Even though I won't be able to play the game until about midday, I'll be hyped up enough to the point where waiting a couple hours won't phase me in the slightest.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I can't wait to watch the youTube videos of X & Y, but because I unfortunately don't have a 3DS, I cannot experience the game myself. :sniff, sniff:

You're not alone there mate. I know I will end up spoiling myself and seeing the full Pokedex, story, characters, etc. but I hope that when I do get to play the game it will still be fun.

FireOfExile

2363-5961-4897 (3DS)
Years
I've changed my mind. Rather than completing Black, I think I'm going to practice random battles on Pokemon Showdown. Just so I'm used to new Pokemon that I've never fought with or against before.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 25, 2013
I pre-order Pokemon X when I bought my 3DS.
I just can't wait any longer D:

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Surprisingly, I've been doing a great job with waiting. Been playing some 3DS games, alongside GTA V which did its part with killing time, and I randomly got back into playing Diablo III.

To answer these questions: I have already pre-ordered Y version. I am most excited for traveling around Kalos and catching everything that inhabits the region. My favorite new Pokemon is a tie between Talonflame and Tyrantrum. I'm really hoping that the game isn't too easy for me judging from some of the new mechanics being shown. I want these games to have a lot of replay value, and not turn out to be something where I beat it and never play it again. My starters are going to be Froakie and Bulbasaur(which I won't be using during the main game). My team thus far hasn't been entirely decided, but there are a few out there I want in my balls. As far as rumors go, the one about a ghost-type spider sounds neat. Overall, this generation has the potential of being my favorite, and this is coming from someone who has played these games since the prime days. My nostalgia goggles have officially been removed.

Also, this is probably my last post before the game's launch. I told myself I won't be looking at anything as far as spoilers go from this point on since I know news will start spewing out of nowhere in due time. I know I could just avoid this part of the forum, but it's a safer route just waiting the 11 days out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back