The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Old October 1st, 2013, 08:34 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Have you ever bought a game impulsively expecting something you liked but it turned out to completely opposite or something you weren't expecting? If so, what game(s) was it?

I've bought games that were for XB360 and ported to PS2 and XBOX systems and found out that they weren't as good or were completely different games.

EX. Spider-Man 3 (PS2) is drastically different than Spider-Man 3 (XB360)
Old October 1st, 2013, 11:48 AM
pokemasta92
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Nature: Naughty
Any game that is ported to an earlier generation of console will unfortunately always be worse. Whether it be graphics, gameplay, features, or length, it won't be as good compared to the newer system.
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old October 1st, 2013, 11:55 AM
Triforce

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Triforce
I bought Medal of Honor: Warfighter impulsively and ended up playing it for a couple of days before I realized the mistake I made.

~Triforce~

3DS Code: 2766 9107 9652
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:01 PM
Darkwing Ducklett
Let's get dangerous

My most recent incident of this was Gravity Rush, which turned out to be gimmicky and awkward, rather than the pioneering title that it had been made out to be. I also bought Bayonetta assuming I'd be treated to the same sort of exciting, fast-paced gameplay that Vanquish provided...I'm still quite surprised at how awful it was.
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:34 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
I bought Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters on PS3, since it was on sale for $20, and my dad had always been a huge Green Lantern fan. After playing it for maybe half an hour, I quit the game, put it back on the shelf, and haven't touched it since.

I know that games based off of movies and TV shows are generally below average, so I don't know what I was quite expecting out of it.
Old October 1st, 2013, 01:11 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
I, myself, bought Gauntlet: The Seven Sorrows via XBOX Live Arcade expecting the game to be as in depth as Gauntlet: Champions (PS2) and was greatly disappointed.
Old October 1st, 2013, 04:48 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
Dark cloud, Blue dragon, and Epic Mickey 2 were kinda eh. the first two were probably pretty good for their time, and slightly enjoyable. Epic Mickey could be good, but its still funky. Why can't games get up to the god level that was Superman 64, dang that was awesome.
Old October 1st, 2013, 09:00 PM
CoffeeDrink
Koffi~

Nature: Bold
The Last of Us, koff~

Terrible game for me. Stealth? Sub-par. Action? Sub-par. Story? Sub-par. Total amount spent on Limited edition? $90+

It's really a piece of art, not a game. It's not fun to walk back and forth solving ridiculously easy 'puzzles'. Pointless waste of funds, koffi~
Old October 1st, 2013, 09:59 PM
Endless
& by looking through

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
I've played Need for Speed: Most Wanted many years ago on my PlayStation 2, and I absolutely loved it. I've played NFS: Carbon, too, as well as its successor, NFS: Pro Street. They were both great and easy to get yourself addicted to. When they've finally announced Need for Speed: Undercover—the sequel to Pro Street—I was extremely excited for it. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I bought the game immediately on the release day, but after only about twenty minutes of playing it, I lost my interest completely. The storyline was kind of confusing to me, and the graphics quality was very generic compared to its procedures. I feel that they've rushed it a little when they were making this game. If they took it slow and gave it a bit more development time, then I'm quite sure that it would have turned out to be at least ten-times better. d:

I've returned NFS: Undercover the day after purchasing it. Since it was open, they've given me only about seventy-percent of my money back.

Last edited by Endless; October 1st, 2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old October 1st, 2013, 11:19 PM
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter

X-Blades. It was on sale on steam for cheap, and (even though it had a crap rating) I decided to get it because hey - Cheap.

Game sucks. The graphics were enjoyable for a half hour or so, but they got old fast.

Come play Runescape
Old October 2nd, 2013, 01:18 AM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
Yup, Moshi Monsters Themepark. The one I first played was great, cute and fun, this one was... well... cheesy and wasn't any fun at all. :C
Old October 2nd, 2013, 02:40 PM
pokemasta92
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Perfect Dark Zero on Xbox 360 was NOTHING like the hugely successful Perfect Dark on N64, which was the spiritual successor to 007 Goldeneye on N64.
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old October 4th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Pikachuie
Go Seahawks!

Nature: Lonely
i bought de blob 2 for the ps3 because i loved de blob on wii when i rented and de blob 2 is not like de blob 1 so yeahhhhh but it was only 9 dallors
Old October 5th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

I brought myself the DS version of my sims as I had traded in the wii version for pokemon Soulsilver. I paid 14 pounds for it out of a second hand shop. lets just say I only played it for 2 hours before I was done with it.
Old October 24th, 2013, 03:33 PM
acatfrommars
PC fanatic!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to acatfrommars
Ugh yeah, I bought MAG for PS3 a few years ago, and it as the exact opposite of what I thought. I was young and didn't think it would be as strategic as it was. I didn't have fun playing it at all, and ended up returning it after a month. The new MGS was quite a bit different than I thought. A lot more action based than the normal stealth based MGS; I still liked it regardless.

Sisters | Brother | Pairs
GOALS
Old October 25th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Libra
We sustain the Epsilon.

Nature: Quirky
Midnight Club 3, i never saw the game, never read anything about it, but i just bought it and i instantly fell in love with it when i played it... And now i got the latest MC (dating from 2009 xD) aswell :D

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old October 25th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
I bought Diddy Kong Racing DS because I thought it would be like the original on the N64. I was dead wrong. The soundtrack was almost entirely different from the awesomeness of the original, and wasn't too good either. The controls seemed to be worse as well, and the boss difficulty was severely nerfed. Also, the custom track mode sucked, as there were only limited ways you could make one. These actually replaced the original TT Challenges, instead having to race TT (who is insanely easy to beat) on a custom track. I should've known not to buy a remake where the original creators weren't involved. :/

Sponsored Links