The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 21st, 2013, 01:28 PM
Dragon
infinite

Nature: Modest

This game remake is now available in North America for download; it also comes as a Wii U bundle (which was the version that I got). As anyone gotten this game, and is playing it right now? Or, is anyone planning to get this game?

From my impressions of it - I think the graphics look amazing in this remake for HD! It's too bad that they didn't add anything majorrr like new dungeons, etc, but, it's still pretty good!

So,any thoughts? Impressions? Feel free to talk about it here!

Last edited by Dragon; September 21st, 2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old September 21st, 2013, 05:47 PM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
I don't think I'll be downloading this game, but I will definitely purchase the physical copy when it's out in the market. I've played the original Wind Waker on my GameCube many, many years years ago, and I really enjoyed it. The story was one of the best ever in the Zelda series, the art style was brilliant, and the lighting were extremely well-done. Also, I loved how the game allowed you to hit multiple enemies with your boomerang (and other weapons) instead of just one. It made it a whole lot easier for us to take down our opponents. The only thing that I didn't like about this game was its music. The music were okay, but they were not truly memorable.

Last edited by Endless; September 21st, 2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 10:33 AM
Wobbu

Nature: Relaxed
I played the GameCube version for an hour one day and I really want to play more. If/when I get a Wii U, I plan on buying the HD version. I don't have much more to say but if that Wii U bundle stays around for a while, I may end up buying it.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:31 AM
wolf

Here are some interesting comparisons to the original. The HD remake looks really nice and seems to be an improvement. One addition I don't like is the heavy bloom effect, though. Looking at the sky feels like I'm staring at a flashlight. I wish they were more subtle with it, but I suppose it'll grow on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdition Haze View Post
The only thing that I didn't like about this game was its music. The music were okay, but they were not truly memorable.
I think the soundtrack contains some of the best music in the series. The main theme, Windfall Island, the Great Sea, Dragon Roost Island, Forest Haven, etc. are all brilliant.

Also, did they get rid of that Triforce shard hunt at the end? That was always rather tedious.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:43 AM
Dragon
infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsziede View Post
I played the GameCube version for an hour one day and I really want to play more. If/when I get a Wii U, I plan on buying the HD version. I don't have much more to say but if that Wii U bundle stays around for a while, I may end up buying it.
I do recommend it; it's definitely a step-up from the gamecube edition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolflare View Post
Here are some interesting comparisons to the original. The HD remake looks really nice and seems to be an improvement. One addition I don't like is the heavy bloom effect, though. Looking at the sky feels like I'm staring at a flashlight. I wish they were more subtle with it, but I suppose it'll grow on me.
Yeah, they couuuld of gotten a tad easy with the bright scale. XD Especially when you're around the Forsaken Fortress - those lights are really, really, bright. It's something you'd really have to get used to. ;~;

Quote:
I think the soundtrack contains some of the best music in the series. The main theme, Windfall Island, the Great Sea, Dragon Roost Island, Forest Haven, etc. are all brilliant.
Oh gods - I looove the Mid-Boss theme; it's really heroic, and pumps you right up for battle! I agree that the soundtrack was amazing asdfghjkl;

Quote:
Also, did they get rid of that Triforce shard hunt at the end? That was always rather tedious.
Eh,unfortunately no. I thought it's waaaay easier once you get the IN-credible map anyway, but.. Tingle with his 399 rupee cost map translation requests. Ugh. XD
Old September 26th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Pikachuie
Go Seahawks!

Nature: Lonely
So how many people are getting Wind Waker HD? I know i'm gonna get a wii u just for this (This will be my escape to my old childhood of playing it!) I know my mom will kinda not play it (She would stay up all night playing that on the gamecube and then my sister would delete the save). I really want this for chirstmas because it looks amazing and sounds amazing :D
Old September 26th, 2013, 08:47 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
I'll be getting in once it comes out on disk. My I think first, and favorite Zelda game. It's a improvement, though I still think the tingle bottles and selfies are a little ridiculus add ons. I think they said they made the tri-force quest easier.

Old September 27th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Pikachuie
Go Seahawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryemo View Post
I'll be getting in once it comes out on disk. My I think first, and favorite Zelda game. It's a improvement, though I still think the tingle bottles and selfies are a little ridiculus add ons. I think they said they made the tri-force quest easier.
Wind Waker was my first and only Zelda game (Unless you count emulators :3 )
Old September 29th, 2013, 05:19 AM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
lol, I bought the Wii U bundle on Wednesday, mostly for the nice looking gamepad. I was gonna buy the console eventually despite it lacking any games that interest me atm. Plus, Wind Waker, while not my favorite game, was fun when I played it over 10 years ago Haven't given it much playing time, but it looks beautiful in HD, and really brings to life the game's unique style and charm.

Last edited by thedestinedblade; September 29th, 2013 at 05:34 AM.
Old September 29th, 2013, 10:47 PM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

I just bought the console bundle myself! I couldn't be enjoying myself more. I loved Windwaker back when I first played it, and the enhanced version is all the better. Although the jury is out on whether or not Tingle Bottles are a good replacement for the Tingle Tuner. I will say that hte ability to have Link take Selfies is pretty much amazing :3
Old September 30th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I just got the bundle, and I'm waiting for the Nintendo Network to get back online so I can download and play it. Such excitement!

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old October 1st, 2013, 02:51 AM
Triforce

Send a message via Skype™ to Triforce
I don't have a Wii U yet due to the lack of titles but this did tempt me. Windwaker was actually one of my least favorite titles in the series but I do want to give it another go. However, I'll stick to my guns and wait for Mario Kart to be released before purchasing the console.

~Triforce~

3DS Code: 2766 9107 9652
Old October 1st, 2013, 06:34 PM
Pikachuie
Go Seahawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triforce View Post
I don't have a Wii U yet due to the lack of titles but this did tempt me. Windwaker was actually one of my least favorite titles in the series but I do want to give it another go. However, I'll stick to my guns and wait for Mario Kart to be released before purchasing the console.
Yeah i didnt thing the wii u would be a thing for me untill some zelda titles come out and link to the past and wind waker are out so i'll try to get the wii u but some more zleda remakes need to be made like all the n64 titles.
Old October 24th, 2013, 03:19 PM
acatfrommars
PC fanatic!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to acatfrommars
Never owned Wind Waker for Gamecube. If I had a WiiU then I definitely would purchase this games, it's gotten solid reviews all across the board. Well done Niintendo, now let's see an A Link to the Past remake on 3DS.

Sisters | Brother | Pairs
GOALS
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links