Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation
Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 17th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Zhagzi

Advertise here
Have any of you ever encounted one of the legendary dogs after only 3 badges? I keep thinking it's a glitch/bug.

Outside Mahogany Town, I've encountered Entei and Raikou with a gap of 5-6 normal spawning pokémons. I've only just cleared the Burned Tower.

That's kind of early isn't it?
Old September 17th, 2013, 02:18 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
it's not early at all.
The Roaming variable is activated as soon as you clear burned tower.
You can catch them after seeing them in the tower.

Just strollin' to my next destination...
Old September 17th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Zhagzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
it's not early at all.
The Roaming variable is activated as soon as you clear burned tower.
You can catch them after seeing them in the tower.
It's just funny, I've never encountered them this early on in the game. Having completed it several times it came as a surprise to me.
Old September 17th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhagzi View Post
It's just funny, I've never encountered them this early on in the game. Having completed it several times it came as a surprise to me.
Different encounter rates.
It's just chance you found them early.

Just strollin' to my next destination...
Old September 17th, 2013, 07:03 AM
R.F.
Badass Overlord

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Have any of you ever encounted one of the legendary dogs after only 3 badges? I keep thinking it's a glitch/bug.
They aren't dogs, they are cats (or alternatively hamsters :P[/insider])

I think I've encountered one early on one of my playthroughs, even though I can't remember exactly. It was Raikou if I recall correctly and the usual happened: it run away

Because their AI script lets them run away on sight it prevents that from being a bug/glitch (except if they show up even though you haven't cleared Burned Tower, which never happened to me)
"You foolishly foolish fool dreaming your foolishly foolish dreams!"
Old September 17th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
As soon as you meet them in the burned tower you can catch them at any route in the wild, except Suicune on Crystal.
Old September 17th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
You can find them as soon as they're released from the tower. I found one after walking in the grass below Ecruteak once. Like, it was the first thing I found, haha. So yeah, that's only three badges in, so it's possible. If it's before you've released them though, then yeah, that'd be a bug. But it's not uncommon to find them after they've started roaming, even if it was two seconds ago.

Quote:
Eh. Debatable. But more often referred to as dogs, so I've always taken them as such. But that's a topic for another time!

paired to crono
Old September 19th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

I've encountered them that early before, but I have never attempted to catch them until after I have gotten the Master Ball. I wouldn't want to waste my time attempting to catch them that early with no good Pokeballs available and even if I did manage to catch them, I wouldn't use them because it would make the game too easy.

"By force of will!"
Old September 19th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I haven't been able to encounter any of the dogs as early as you, unfortunately. The first dog I've stumbled into was after my fifth or sixth gym battle, and if I remember correctly, I think it was Suicune. I didn't bother to throw any Poké Balls towards it, though, because I knew that I wouldn't be able to catch it. I used a move on it instead to make it a little weaker, so that I would have an easier time to capture this Pokémon next time I encounter it.
for all distractions.
Old September 20th, 2013, 08:14 AM
C4
Explosive

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.F. View Post
I've always called them "The Beasts."
Entei and Raikou are obviously felines (tiger and lion) while Suicune is obviously a canine (big dog?)
Old September 25th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Zivlok

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 View Post
I've always called them "The Beasts."
Entei and Raikou are obviously felines (tiger and lion) while Suicune is obviously a canine (big dog?)
I always called them dogs - I think they might have been referred to like that somewhere in crystal? Maybe not, and I was just going off of Suicine, who is very dog-like. And while Raikou is obviously feline, I feel Entei is somewhere in the middle - I can see lion, but I can also see very large dog, like a german shepherd or something.
Pokemon Pacifica - Pokemon in the Pacific Northwest!
Old September 29th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
Quote:
You got lucky!

It's activated after burned tower, I usually don't see the beasts until I'm actively searching for them, though. They very rarely just appear... especially not before the E4! Guess I have bad luck
5026-4431-0126 - 3DS FC | Soundcloud
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:59 PM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
I never encountered a dog until post e4 in Kanto I was like oh cool entei let me catch you and he was like lol nope and ran away. I had no idea what went on so I just ran up into viridian city

PairFriend Code
Old October 1st, 2013, 03:02 PM
KoolKat vs. Lucas
KoolKat Gold

I heard different music somewhere near Azalea Town (looking for a Bellsprout) and was like "WTF im scared" and saw Raikou. I freaked out and ran.
Quilava.
Old October 1st, 2013, 07:03 PM
yeahhhboiii

Nature: Relaxed
Only ever encountered one dog in 100 hours of the game, Raikou. I don't like Raikou, so I named it Magikarp.
White 2 FC: 3182 7820 3103
X FC: 3024 6153 4921
Always looking for Ditto of significant natures and 31 IVs.
Old October 5th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahhhboiii View Post
Only ever encountered one dog in 100 hours of the game, Raikou. I don't like Raikou, so I named it Magikarp.
5026-4431-0126 - 3DS FC | Soundcloud
Old October 16th, 2013, 04:10 PM
TheAsvarduilProject

The thing with the Legendary Dogs is that, if they run away, you can still view their 'nest' in the Pokedex. Funny thing is, every time you change position on the map, their nest changes. (For instance I am in Violet City, while Entei is just north of Goldenrod City. If I move to the route just south of Violet City, the Legendary dog may randomly change position to some other route.)
~The Asvarduil Project
"I like lasers, and lasers like me. That's why Lance's pokemon keep using them on me..."

Let's Play Pokemon Gold (Ongoing)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here