Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback & Support
Reload this Page Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Community Feedback & Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Old September 28th, 2013 (11:21 AM).
deez nuts!!!1!!!1!!!1!!
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
It was a post I made so... and haha yeah I guess there isn't.. oh well

god damn it danny, another hack?
Old September 28th, 2013 (11:27 AM).
majorah man
Administrator

Wait what? Just click the "Undo" button next to the Like icon. I'll screenshot it in a minute.

Old September 28th, 2013 (03:16 PM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Jolly
I can see where one may think it's impossible to unlike a post.. because the Undo action doesn't appear once you like the post. But upon refresh, you should be able to unlike the post
Old September 28th, 2013 (09:41 PM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Magic Fox:
I just tried it on myself and I actually don't think there is o_o. I'm sure there used to be.

I'm afraid you're just gonna have to look like a creepy stalker liking random posts for now! If it was really that inappropriate drop the person a VM to explain :X I'd hate anyone thinking you meant anything bad afterall.

///

Undo button what.
It only appears after you've reloaded the page xD
EDIT: Woops, didn't even see Zach's reply ._.
Quote originally posted by Razor Leaf:
Wait what? Just click the "Undo" button next to the Like icon. I'll screenshot it in a minute.

Wait, is that a post comment icon? I thought those were turned off, or am I just not seeing it? ._.

Old September 28th, 2013 (10:07 PM).
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by PEDRO12:
Wait, is that a post comment icon? I thought those were turned off, or am I just not seeing it? ._.
Post comments can be turned on for your posts by going into your user control panel and then going to "Edit Options" and it's located in the Miscellaneous Options section.
Old September 28th, 2013 (10:08 PM).
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by ZachLMedia:
Post comments can be turned on in your user control panel by going to "Edit Options" and it's located in the Miscellaneous Options section.
I... I didn't know that. Are they still anonymous?

Old September 29th, 2013 (04:30 AM). Edited September 29th, 2013 by Tsutarja.
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by PEDRO12:
I... I didn't know that. Are they still anonymous?
When you write them you'll see that you have the choice of making them anonymous or not.
Old October 1st, 2013 (08:32 PM).
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

Quick Question in Gen V did any older pokemon from previous gens get a new evo

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old October 1st, 2013 (08:34 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
Nope. In the future, remember this thread is for questions about the site. You should ask a question about gen V in the Q&A thread in the 5th Generation forum.

"I'm burning up with my hatred for you, runt!"

pair
Old October 2nd, 2013 (02:25 PM).
╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚

Send a message via Skype™ to Eevee
For likes, where do you see them on the liked post? Or can you only see them in your likes section in your profile? Where can you like a post?

I can't seem to find it. Unless it's on other skins?

Old October 2nd, 2013 (02:36 PM).
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Shimmer Mint:
For likes, where do you see them on the liked post? Or can you only see them in your likes section in your profile? Where can you like a post?

I can't seem to find it. Unless it's on other skins?
If you want to like a post, click this button on that post:
Spoiler:

If a post is liked by someone else, it'll look like this:
Spoiler:

To view who has liked that post, click on the number of likes and a dropdown will appear to show you who has liked it:
Spoiler:

When you first like a post, this will appear:
Spoiler:

After you reload, it will change to this, as to allow you to unlike that post:
Spoiler:

And to view your ten latest likes, scroll to the bottom of your User CP page. You'll also get a notification whenever someone likes your posts, unless you have that turned off in your options.
Spoiler:

That option is under Messaging & Notification on your Edit Options page.

Hope this helped :)

Old October 2nd, 2013 (04:25 PM).
╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚

Send a message via Skype™ to Eevee
Whoa! Of course the ONE skin I'm using doesn't have them for some reason DX Sweet Kisses doesn't have them showing for some reason.

But thank you! I'll switch to a skin that has them. xD The furrets are cute c:

Old October 7th, 2013 (05:36 PM).
Locked & Loaded

Ok, I'm not sure if this has ever been done here, or what rules regarding it are, but I wanted to post a thread about a Pokemon fangame series that someone else outside PC has done that I have zero affiliation with; where would I post it, and can I even post it to begin with?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 7th, 2013 (08:28 PM).
"What's this? Who is this spoiled brat?"
ModeratorBSCS

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by HeavyOctillery:
Ok, I'm not sure if this has ever been done here, or what rules regarding it are, but I wanted to post a thread about a Pokemon fangame series that someone else outside PC has done that I have zero affiliation with; where would I post it, and can I even post it to begin with?

From what I know, there is unfortunately so section in which you could post a thread about this. Normally it would fit in Emulation & ROM Hacking or Game Development, but since you have no affiliation with the creation of the game, you will be unable to make a thread about it. This type of thread wouldn't belong in the various Pokemon sections either because they are limited to the main series games. However, if you want to advertise for it you could post a link in your signature or if you were a supporter you could make a blog about it, but honestly I think those are your only options here(and someone correct me if I am wrong.) Hope I helped!

Old October 7th, 2013 (10:30 PM).
Dreams come true.....

Nature: Relaxed
How to create a thread for my hack?

Life iz very short, live each moment of it...
No one knows whats gonna happen tomorow, so enjoy today...
Old October 7th, 2013 (10:40 PM).
"What's this? Who is this spoiled brat?"
ModeratorBSCS

Quote originally posted by Jésrøñ bans:
How to create a thread for my hack?

Well first off I will direct you to Emulation and Hacking. This is the forum in which your hack thread would be placed in, and under the subfoum of progressing hacks, I believe. However there are certain requirements you need to meet before posting a hack.

Quote:
Rules for posting hack threads

A note on mature hacks
Hacks with explicit material are allowed, provided a rating is given in the thread title [PG, 15+]., but absolutely NO screenshots or text extracts from it. Such hacks with the aforementioned depiction will not be approved. Likewise, hacks that are unsuitable (for members over 15 years of age) are not eligible for the hack competitions held regularly, such as Hack of the Year.

A hack thread must have at least four screenshots.
These four screens cannot be battle screens, Pokédex entries or stat screens. The screenshots also cannot depict areas that have not been significantly edited. If at least four screenshots meet this requirement, then you may post any other kinds of screenshots. These first four screenshots cannot be map area shots. To elaborate, we'd like to make clear that the four screenshots must be taken from the actual ROM in play. This means no saving a map picture in A-Map and enclosing that as a screenshot. By all means you may include maps, but it will not count as one of the four screenshots necessary for approval.

Also, we do not want to see "I'll post more images once I've got 15 posts". There are plenty of places in PokéCommunity for you to get 15 posts without spamming- surely you can spend SOME time doing so before posting a hack thread.

Hacks must include an introduction or a story.
Optional parts include the game your hack is based off (Pokémon Red, Gold, or Ruby, for instance), a list of features, frequently asked questions, your hack’s achievements (such as Hack of the Year!), a list of bugs, the team involved with the hack, etc.

If you are using other people’s hacks or code bases, you must have permission.
You are required to state whether your hack is yours or not – you cannot post any hack in the Hacks Showcase forum unless it is yours, unless you obtain permission from the hack’s author to post it (and/or modify it for your own purposes). Hacks that we believe are based off the code base of another hack will not be approved.

Fake hacks or theft will not be tolerated.
The hacks you post must not contain any fake information. The images must be screenshots taken in an emulator of your choice, and should not be edited in any form.

Please give credit to any items in your hack where it is due, be it sprites, tile sets or scripts. You are bound to the agreements made by the original poster – for instance, if you cannot give your sprite to others, don’t. If your hack is based off another hack’s code base and the original poster has asked you not to give the code base to others, don’t.

Consecutive posting (double posts) about new features is permitted…
… if you're the thread owner. You may make up to three long posts in a row detailing any information in your game. You cannot make three short (for example, 2 lines only) posts in a row. Any other cases are subject to standard double-posting rules.
Once you meet these requirements you may submit your thread and then wait verification from one of the moderators of that section. If you have any more questions though, I would contact either: DrFuji or giradialkia, the moderators of that section. Hope I helped!

Old October 8th, 2013 (07:47 AM).
Locked & Loaded

Somehow I figured I'd probably need to go the ol' bliggety-bloggety route with it; I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 12th, 2013 (01:24 PM).
Banned

I notice on the forum index, it say something like "25 viewing" on a forum

are those just members or everybody in general?
Old October 12th, 2013 (01:39 PM).
Protect his very soul.
ModeratorCS

@Justinrpg: That number includes both members and guest viewers.
Old October 17th, 2013 (08:16 PM).
SRK

Nature: Docile
Hesitant to Post Questions on this thread
I have a question I cannot find an answer to.
Topic Breeding Pokemon
Generation VI [Game Y]
I Would Like To Know
  • How to breed with perfect IVs
  • Catch a Ditto with perfect IVs
  • Breed Hidden Abilities in Gen VI (Without either parent having the Hidden Ability)
--------------------------------------
RNG is not possible in Gen VI as of now, nor do I know how to RNG.
I'm looking to understand breeding, and passing down perfect IV's for "Battle Frontier" and Online Play.

For this tutorial can we use the example pokemon be Froakie? For this example I also have a male with its Hidden Ability (Proteon) (and perfect IVs.), Timid Nature as the father. The mother a Ditto. What should I do if I'm looking to be a serious breeder?

Upgrading Pokemon
Old October 17th, 2013 (11:19 PM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Naive
Hello Fading Tree, I think you could try posting your question in the Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat Thread. In the Trade Corner, they usually know about breeding and can hopefully either teach you some or redirect you to places where you can learn more.

There is the Gen V Breeding Guide thread also, which can probably teach you the basics. Too much of that can't have changed between the generations! :] There is a section there on IVs.

"Alright Gramps! Leave it all to me!"
moderator of Roleplay Theatre
proudly paired with seeker
staff collab july 2015
Old October 18th, 2013 (06:32 AM).
I hate Smeargle.
Gold Tier

Nature: Lax
I've asked this once before to Wolfy but he wasn't able to find what I was looking for so I'm hoping someone else can. I'm looking for a thread in an archived section of the battle forums from about 3 or 4 years back. If anyone can find the seasonal pokemon tournament thread, I would deeply appreciate it. I really wanna restart the tourney and making up my own list last time made me wanna cry. :l

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old October 18th, 2013 (06:36 AM). Edited October 18th, 2013 by shenanigans.
majorah man
Administrator

Quote originally posted by Griffinbane:
I've asked this once before to Wolfy but he wasn't able to find what I was looking for so I'm hoping someone else can. I'm looking for a thread in an archived section of the battle forums from about 3 or 4 years back. If anyone can find the seasonal pokemon tournament thread, I would deeply appreciate it. I really wanna restart the tourney and making up my own list last time made me wanna cry. :l
I'm in the archives and I'm looking for it right now but I think I need some more information. Do you know who posted it / which year it was posted in / its title / etc?

edit: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=203860? If that's the right one I can PM you the coding for the OP.
Old October 18th, 2013 (08:39 AM).
I hate Smeargle.
Gold Tier

Nature: Lax
Couldn't tell you too much about details. I can tell you that it was gen 4, the thread might have had "official PC tourney" or some variation of it somewhere, they had pokemon divvied up between 4 seasons. I can't see the thread so I can't tell you whether or not that's the right thread.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old October 19th, 2013 (04:27 PM). Edited October 19th, 2013 by Triss.

Where do I go to offer/request pokemon. As in like "I have this pokemon, and I want this or that for this"/"I want that pokemon and will give these for that"
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)