Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:17 PM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Thank you so much for that picture! It's perfect!

I couldn't resize it, but it isn't too bad, is it? :3
Old September 24th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

That is such an awesome-looking artwork, dbp! I think I'm in love with it, haha. The way that Venasaur is sleeping this picture with Bulbasaur and Ivysaur is extremely cute. I wonder if they're its children? Oh, and the way that Nidoking and Nidoqueen are using their tails to make the heart shape is just simply adorable! I'll post some pictures, too, whenever I get the chance. :)
for all distractions.
Old September 25th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Rozu View Post
Thank you so much for that picture! It's perfect! ^^

I couldn't resize it, but it isn't too bad, is it? :3
The dimensions are 1316 x 930, click on the attachment, then click on it again when the viewer pops up. It should open up the full picture in a new tab.

Looking at it again, all of these poison types tend to be some shade of blue, green or purple. It becomes a little homogenous after a while, which makes Ariados stand out that much more. The series could benefit from more brightly "warning" colored poison Pokémon.

Here, have another picture. Probably got this from DA via Google, but I tend to save images and store them without looking back. Therefore, I don't have a source link, but credit definitely goes to Melangetic.

Source material aside, I like this one the most of these attachments because I think it's colored the best. It's very vivid and unified. The shading colors also utilize different hues which keeps it from being too flat. The benefits of experimenting with color far outweigh playing it safe.

But this isn't the Art and Design subforum, so that's enough for today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1349434816_melangetic_nidochasing2.jpg‎ (117.0 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old September 25th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Airhead
Banned

Oh, well, thank you! I tried that but it didn't work, but that's okay. :3

I totally agree! Those are great pictures, the shading is brilliant and the colors are so captivating. c:
Old September 30th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Airhead
Banned

Here is a new topic!

If you could design a Poison-Type Pokemon, what would it be like? (including name, bio and other). C:
Old October 1st, 2013, 04:45 PM
Child Of Christ
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
i would love to join speaking my favorite pokemon is giratina. but where do i sign up?
Brother: Starry Windy
Old October 1st, 2013, 09:22 PM
Airhead
Banned

Okay, GoatMan, you are officially signed up. Okay, Giritina isn't a Poison Type, so I may need something else. But hey, I can make an exception.

Would you like to participate in the current conversation? :D
Old October 2nd, 2013, 04:08 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Could I redesign one instead? They kinda already made the ones I want.

Old October 2nd, 2013, 09:26 PM
Airhead
Banned

Sure, knock yourself out. Preferably with a Nidorina.
Old October 4th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Heh, that'd actually be a very dangerous thing to do.

Actually, I think I was thinking about Gulpin when I said that, but I can't recall what I had in mind, so it's gone now. I've got nothing. Doesn't matter, Gulpin's too cool to be changed. Still one of the best 3rd gen designs for that face alone. And that Advanced Generation episode where it grew to Godzilla proportions.

So, turns out I've got nothing to add to the new topic. :P

What I can say is that it seems like there's a nice selection of poison types to choose from in X and Y ¬ˬ¬ (and by "nice selection" dbp clearly means "the ones he likes the most" from what was seen between the first three generations. Bulbasaur included). So I'm definitely getting the game. Now I just hope it's good, rather than reminding me why I quit in the first place. -_-;

Haha, were any new poison types officially announced for X/Y, because I totally wasn't paying attention, eheh. (n_n;)7

Old October 4th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Airhead
Banned

Oh, I think a few were, like Inkay and such. But it's mostly been released Mega's lately.

Okay, new topic:

If you could change one Poison types design, which one would it be and how would it be altered?

Discuss!
Old October 5th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

I might make Tentacool look more like Tentacruel in that it's face/head is underneath a cap, but that's all I got for now. Or perhaps I'd make it more jelly like in general. Then again, these aren't animals so I don't know why I should care so much.

Old October 5th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Airhead
Banned

Haha, well, Tentacool and Tentacruel are seriously under-rated. Sometimes I even forget they're there, haha. xD

Sorry if my posts are a bit short, I just learnt some bad news so I'm distracted. :X
Old October 8th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Sorry to hear that. :( Well I hope it's not devastating. Nevertheless, I wouldn't worry, is anyone even posting regularly besides me?

I'll hold down the fort. :P

*looks around* Ugh, this paint job is terrible. Time to make it better.

On topic: Uh... Oddish is blue.

Old October 8th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I would change Seviper's design to make him look more threatening! He's a really cool Pokémon at the moment and I love hi to bits but he's just a slow chubby lump of pretty much useless flesh right now - if we could send him to the gym and put him on a diet to make a skinnier, more agile design with a sharper blade on its tail to match I think he'd be much more intimidating (perhaps even enough to warrant a stat change!). Mega Seviper could be the answer to this, but I'm not holding out hope :p
Old October 10th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

There's a mega Seviper now? Aw, dude, spoilers. :(

Old October 10th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Airhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
I would change Seviper's design to make him look more threatening! He's a really cool Pokémon at the moment and I love hi to bits but he's just a slow chubby lump of pretty much useless flesh right now - if we could send him to the gym and put him on a diet to make a skinnier, more agile design with a sharper blade on its tail to match I think he'd be much more intimidating (perhaps even enough to warrant a stat change!). Mega Seviper could be the answer to this, but I'm not holding out hope :p
I totally agree. Serviper was a bit of a failure. Like, if I saw him I would flee screaming, I would probably eat him, haha. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post
Sorry to hear that. Well I hope it's not devastating. Nevertheless, I wouldn't worry, is anyone even posting regularly besides me?

I'll hold down the fort.

*looks around* Ugh, this paint job is terrible. Time to make it better.

On topic: Uh... Oddish is blue.
Haha, not really. xD

Oh, I have a favor to ask. Since I'm AFK for a bit and the moddies will try and disable the club, would you post and keep it going? Maybe even be my second in command.

Okay, whatever works.

Last edited by Airhead; October 10th, 2013 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 10th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Warsmith
Paranoid Murderer

Nature: Bold
Going somewhere? Be back quick, koffi~

Hohohoho! I at last show my face! I know you said you wanted two of those little icons (I can't seem to get them to show up here) but just know, that I boldly (see? Coffee reference there) request to have not one, but two Koffing! That would indeed be the best, er, indeed.

Moving on; this is our shot! The new Pokemon games just have to have a Poison Legendary Pokemon! Even the new Fairy type got one before the Poison type, can you believe that? We need to have a legendary poison type to boost our poisonous stats and such! I hope they don't screw up on this one, koff~

FROM IRON, COMETH STRENGTH.
FROM STRENGTH, COMETH WILL.
FROM WILL, COMETH FAITH.
FROM FAITH, COMETH HONOUR.
FROM HONOUR, COMETH IRON.
THIS IS THE UNBREAKABLE LITANY;
AND MAY IT FOREVER BE SO.
Old October 10th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Airhead
Banned

Okay, welcome to the team, Coffee! I hope you are a huge asset to the club!

Thanks, I'll try and come on as much as I can.

I totally agree! WHEN WILL THEIR BE A TOXIC LEGENDARY WHICH POKEMON SNATCHERS WANT TO SNATCH??? xD
Old October 11th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Warsmith
Paranoid Murderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Rozu View Post
Okay, welcome to the team, Coffee! I hope you are a huge asset to the club!
Oh don't worry about that. I'm the life of the party, koff~

Also, my least favorite poison type Pokemon has to be the Rose family. They received far too much attention in my opinion and left every other poison type in the Muk (pun points)! We already had a grass/poison type with Venasaur and Roserade just didn't help the poison type as a whole. If they upgraded Koffing to Poison/Dark, I wouldn't have a problem with it. It'd negate the weaknesses completely! That'd be great. Anyway, does anyone here really like the Rose family? Because I don't, koffi~
FROM WILL, COMETH FAITH.
Old October 11th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Airhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeDrink View Post
Oh don't worry about that. I'm the life of the party, koff~

Also, my least favorite poison type Pokemon has to be the Rose family. They received far too much attention in my opinion and left every other poison type in the Muk (pun points)! We already had a grass/poison type with Venasaur and Roserade just didn't help the poison type as a whole. If they upgraded Koffing to Poison/Dark, I wouldn't have a problem with it. It'd negate the weaknesses completely! That'd be great. Anyway, does anyone here really like the Rose family? Because I don't, koffi~
Okay, thanks!

The Rose family, well, they stole the attention, but I cannot hate them. Roserade really helped me in a mind with her Giga Drain, Budew was kind of cute and Roselia was okay in a... not that helpful and bad stats but still good kinda way. xD Well, I like the Rose family, but it's annoying how everything else is put in the dark. But hey, Mega Venusaur might bring up Poison Type popularity. Even though it might just boost Grass Type populiarty, which would be annoying, since everyone loves them and us Toxic people are as you put it, left in the Muk and Grimer. xD

(P.S: Keep up the Pokemon puns!)
Old October 13th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Magistrum
☆The Fakemon Magister☆

Nature: Modest
Hello, can I join this club?

I'm Magistrum, an artist and my all-time fave pokemon is...!
Spoiler:

Crobat artwork made by yours truly ~(づ◕‿‿◕)づ

Edit: It's because when I played Pokemon Silver back then, Pidgeot was sorta underwhelming as a flier for me, and he felt really boring. When I played against E4 Koga I was surprised to find a Golbat evo! I was intrigued, and tried to have one. Since then I used Crobat for every playthrough of every game where he was available, and it never disappoints.

Last edited by Magistrum; October 13th, 2013 at 01:47 AM.
Old October 13th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Airhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrum View Post
Hello, can I join this club?

I'm Magistrum, an artist and my all-time fave pokemon is...!
Spoiler:

Crobat artwork made by yours truly ~(づ◕‿‿◕)づ
Sure, glad to have you!

Ah, another Crobat lover. There is something about his little face which just makes me smile. :D

Awesome! :O That is amazing!! :3
Old October 13th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Magistrum
☆The Fakemon Magister☆

Nature: Modest
Ah I guess Crobat lovers are aplenty in this club lol. Also GAMEFREAKWHERE'SMYMEGACROBAT

On to the topic, I guess I'd redesign Garbodor. Even if he's based on trash, I never liked his assymetrical tentacle-hands.
Old October 13th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Warsmith
Paranoid Murderer

Moves, koff~

There needs to be a Poison-Type weather move! Fire/Grass types have one, so does Water and Ground/Rock/Steel, and even Ice Types which aren't that common!

Acid Rain: Damages all non-Poison Types every turn when out in the field. Lasts five turns. (it would damage Steel types as well)

What do you think? I think it would be a welcome addition to the games. They need to add some more weather moves! Ghosts could have an 'eerie' effect where non-Ghost Pokemon would get the 'shivers' and be too terrified to move (think of Generation one Ghosts). And perhaps the Fighting types would get the 'Crowd' whose cheers lower non-Fighting types attack and special attack for as long as the cheering continues, koffi~
FROM WILL, COMETH FAITH.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here