The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2013, 07:00 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild

Advertise here
I love GTA, the open-world style really appeals to me, I like that I can just go around destroying as much as I can if I feel like it.

The storylines are actually pretty good if you ask me, even if they do get a lot of critique from people, although I admit the only one I have actually completed is GTA IV.

As for GTA V. I will be getting this. GTA IV was by far my favourite storyline, but Sand Andreas was my favourite location (it was incredible) and I'm looking forward to experiencing it again (if if I'm confined to Los Santos).
Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:20 PM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
First of all, i'm not here Secondly, I've been a huge fan of the GTA series and have invested a massive number of hours into all the III an IV era games except Vice City (and GTA Advance which sucks btw). There's just something magical about GTA, the satirical humour, interesting maps, violently crazy and fun gameplay, as well as just the freedom of exploration, I've loved GTA since watching my older cousin play it when I was young.

Now, on to GTA V. I've played 46 hours over a period of 5 days, have finished the story and have about 70% game completion. V wasn't exactly what I was expecting (nothing ever is) but it is still a marvellous piece of art that stays true to the GTA franchise and improves it greatly. The map is absolutely beautiful, with a bright, vivid art style that looks stunning. The colours make the game, it has ok graphical fidelity but the style sort of looks like a painting, you have to play it to understand. The water is just mind blowing, it's so enjoyable to swim in and looks like the clear, green and blue sea you'd see on a tropical beach The vast size of the map is a plus as well especially with the countryside, it's extremely cool to travel through green rolling hills and parched deserts, I wasn't so captivated by the city, probably because I haven't learnt it fully but more interiors would have been nice.

The story felt kind of short to me, but that's probably because I rushed through it so quickly! I now look forward to just exploring the vast, beautiful map and immersing myself in the detailed and interactive environment, I think there will be replayability for years to come, without going into multiplay even, which greatly excites me btw. GTA V= 9.5/10, do pick it up.
Old September 24th, 2013, 08:55 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
I've been playing GTA IV a lot over the last couple of weeks and I've really fallen in love with Niko. Despite being a, for a lack of betters terms, mercenary, he's a pretty ... honorable and respectful person.

The man loves his family and he'll do anything it takes to protect them. I love him.

Annnnyway.

Here are some of the exploits I've gone through recently.
• Rescued Roman... Again... (From Dimitri's thugs.)

• Dated Carmen for a little while then saw that Packie's sister had the hots for me and she seemed much nicer and less trampy than Carmen, so I dumped her. (Carmen, I mean.)

• Saved a Meth head (who appears to have gotten clean) from his former dealers. (Felt really good about that.)

• Helped some psychotic poop-head by disposing of his wife's body (He stabbed her... a lot... for cheating on him. Which I would say is something she deserved... but... I mean c'mon... this guy is cluckin' nuts.)

• Gotten Francis McCrearey out of the hot seat multiple cotton pickin' times.

• Really wanting to put a bullet in his brain, that crooked piece of slime.

• Killed X Playboy as opposed to killing Dwayne.

• Saw the Statue of Happiness Easter Egg

• Robbed a ****ing BANK! I was like, yeeaaaaaauuuuh. Finally got the Colt M4 Carbine gun. Sick of that crappy AK anyway.

So yeah that's about it. Hopefully things work out with Dwayne, Kate and Packie... :/

Oh, shiza! Forgot about this... I hate Packie's brother, Gerald or something... Coming up on me like that... "Don't *cernsored* with my family... or I'll *censored* with yours...

Boy!? Do you know who you are talking to? This is Nikolai Bellic, you on crack, son? I know you're doing that Coke, but dude. I will beat your butt with Niko if you ever threaten me like that again. Ooooooooohhhhh... Gimme a shot you piece of garbage! One shot!

Sorry. Lost the happy. But the happy's back!
Old October 1st, 2013, 02:18 AM
Endless
& give nothing back

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
Grand Theft Auto Online launches today! Are any of you excited? If you want to install this feature, then you'd have to update GTA V on your Xbox or PS3 just like you would with any other games. Once you're done updating and start booting up the game, you should be able to see a fourth character slot in the main menu. If you click on this slot, then according to the article that I'm reading, you will be taken to the GTA Online screen immediately. d:

Rockstar say that the events in GTA Online take place a couple of months before the actual campaign, which is pretty... interesting! Also, players won't be able to steal or destroy any of your property, so when you let them into your house, you won't have to be worried about anything at all. Go nuts!
Old October 1st, 2013, 09:53 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Well so far i only saw a error screen on PS3 saying the servers had trouble... Hopefully Rockstar wont do a "EA" and fix this problem, cause im loving GTA V and playing online with a own made character is awesome.

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:38 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

I've only been getting error screens on the PS3 too, though I was able to at least create my own character. I'm really looking forward to online though, as I powered through the story and finished it last night, so I don't have a whole lot left to do in single player (mission wise, anyway).
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:40 PM
Libra
Community Supporter

Im still playing the mission story, i think im at 40% or more, not sure though.
But i wasnt even able to create my character, which was really disappointing :(

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old October 2nd, 2013, 04:39 AM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Heads up to you guys, Online is now running on Playstation 3 as well as the eggsbawx. It feels pretty fun so far, we need a Pokécommunity GTA crew, would you like to start one Brendan?
Old October 2nd, 2013, 09:00 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

Online is still being a turd to me :(
Also im on PS3, and all i can do is make a character and then it cant connect to a game, and it deletes my character... So frustrating ;-;

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old October 3rd, 2013, 12:21 AM
Brendino

I kept trying most of the night, but I've still been having trouble connecting to online, and faced the same issue ShadowExcadrill had of making a character and then having it deleted.

And though I'm already part of a crew, I have set up a PokeCommunity crew up over on the Rockstar Social Club right here for those that are interested.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 12:24 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

I tried not too long ago, and finally it let me into Online, but it wouldnt start the first mission or Job or w/e... Its so frustrating since i waited 15 mins and it still did nothing... Online is just messed up...

Also im unable to find the PC crew, nor any crew at all since the search button is just showing nothing

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me

Last edited by Libra; October 3rd, 2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 01:25 AM
Limerent
Community Supporter

The Crew(PS3): http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/pokecommunity

Sorry to hear Online isn't working for you guys, I've had access for 20 hours or so and it's gradually improving, so try occasionally, and try doing the first mission in solo mode.
Free roam works and for me missions are patched to not fail to load.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 01:32 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

I didnt know you could do the first mission solo... How if im allowed to ask?

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old October 6th, 2013, 07:00 PM
JetBlackJericho
The OG Pokefarmer

Nature: Sassy
Hey Guys!! I was just wondering f there are any PS3 users out there with GTA V and they would like to hope on GTA Online sometime. Right now my character is level 10 and my PSN ID is TheViper95
Old October 6th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Kyrul
Long Live The Note
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlackJericho View Post
Hey Guys!! I was just wondering f there are any PS3 users out there with GTA V and they would like to hope on GTA Online sometime. Right now my character is level 10 and my PSN ID is TheViper95
Oh cool you live in Laquey? I've done a few service calls down there and the Guard's had me in the area a few times. Like right past Ft. Leonard Wood right?

I would play with ya, but my ps3 is dead. Stuck with an xbox now. Try joining that PokeCommunity crew that Brendino was talkin about, I'm sure you'll find a few people in that.
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Brendino

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlackJericho View Post
Like Kyrul said, feel free to join the PokeCommunity crew linked a couple of posts up. I'm still having a few issues with online (thinking it might be my own connection rather than GTA itself at this point), but myself and O07_eleven did manage to play for a little bit last night, so there's a little bit of activity in the group at least with 6 members so far.
Old October 7th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Limerent
Community Supporter

GG with Brendino, it was pretty routine, nothing too exciting, but I look forward to playing with some of you in the future, as such I sent you a Friend Request JetBlackJericho. I've racked up quite a few days of gametime already and can confidently say once you settle in you'll really start to enjoy it Also, if you need tips ask me!
Old October 7th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

Im kinda stuck on the Online part atm in which all missions are 2 teams based and more often there is one team that just has the best stuff and the other is... crap...
Is there any mission which involves just one team?

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old October 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
I've never even played any GTA game. I never really was interested in it, I don't plan to get the new one. Apparently it made 1 billion in 3 days? That's a huge amount haha, so many people I know love this game though and they don't understand how I don't play it!
Old October 7th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Para-Dox

The only GTA game I own is the port of Vice City on my Nexus 7. I have no idea what to do in it and just like to spend the time getting busted and driving badly.
Old October 7th, 2013, 01:07 PM
JetBlackJericho
The OG Pokefarmer

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrul View Post
Oh cool you live in Laquey? I've done a few service calls down there and the Guard's had me in the area a few times. Like right past Ft. Leonard Wood right?

I would play with ya, but my ps3 is dead. Stuck with an xbox now. Try joining that PokeCommunity crew that Brendino was talkin about, I'm sure you'll find a few people in that.
Yeah dude! like 18 miles from Fort Leonard Wood to my house! I didnt expect to find anyone in the Missouri area here hahaha
Old October 27th, 2013, 01:27 AM
Endless
& give nothing back

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
Good news, guys. Early next month, we're going to get our first major DLC in GTA V—the Beach Bum pack! This DLC pack will update your game with beach-themed weapons and vehicles, give you access to new hairstyles, clothes, tattoos, and other accessories, and unlock new side-quests, including gang attacks, survival, parachutes, races, and deathmatches. Plus, this DLC will be given away to us for absolutely no charge, which is quite awesome! Will any of you be downloading it? I know I will. I mean, it's free, and it adds more content to your game. Is there anything to lose? xD

Also, few months after the release of Beach Bum, they will be introducing a new feature called "Online Content Creator," which is going to give us the ability to create and participate in custom-made missions when on multiplayer. I'm not quite sure how it'll all work, but it does sound like a lot of fun! I already have a few mission ideas floating around my head right now, haha. This will be free as well, by the way, just like the Beach Bum pack.
Old October 27th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Pokemonfan1986

wish there would come a Wii U version
Old October 27th, 2013, 09:18 PM
BarthoSparda

Has anyone received the 500k GTA dollars yet? It was supposed to be this week that they would deposit it, haven't gotten it yet though
Old October 27th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Brendino

Going by this article over on Gamespot, it looks like the GTA$ stimulus has been held off until sometime next week (this week now, I guess), since they just want to make sure that there aren't any lingering issues that still might affect players losing progress.

I really wish I had more time to dive into GTAO, but I've still been having a few connection issues when I do get some free time to play it. The PokeCommunity PS3 crew does seem to be doing fairly decent, though, as it looks like we're up to 10 members now.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here