• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Fun Game, The Card Collab Collecting Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
How appropriate, Misty has a Staryu in other canon as well, like in the games.

Artwork: 5/10 Sugi-artwork but hypnotic background.
Playability: 6/10 Base Set with added effect. Nice, 1 energy and return to hand on coin flip.
Collectability: ●/10

Yeah, ● isn't a number but I couldn't give a number for collectability.

Now it's time to reach for the stars, with the evolved form!

25.jpg

Remember, NO FAKE CARDS!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Artwork: 6/10 I like how the picture implements its Core Stream attack. My only problem is the plain blue background. I know it's underwater but there could at least be bubbles or something.
Playability: 7/10 Confusion is more annoying in the TCG than it is in the video games. Core Stream is weak but it can harm more than one Pokémon.
Collectability: 8/10 It's rare and is from Neo Revelation. I find all cards from Gen. 1 and 2 very valuable.

Now we're onto one of my least favorite Pokémon...
MrMimePlasmaFreeze47.jpg

Translation:

Mr. Mime 70 HP
20px-Psychic-attack.png

TCGAbilityIcon.png
Bench Barrier
Prevent all damage done to your Benched Pokémon by attacks.

20px-Psychic-attack.png
20px-Colorless-attack.png
Psy Bolt 20
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Artwork: 9/10 I like how in the artwork, Mr. Mime is creating a barrier which is probably a reference to the ability the card has.
Playability: 5/10 Bench Barrier can be good against moves that hurt your benched Pokemon but Psy Bolt only does 20 damage for 2 energy cards, but it does have a chance of Paralyzing.
Collectability: 3/10 It is a pretty common card from Japan's Spiral Force set but Japanese cards are harder to find.

Scyther up next!
160968.jpg

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Artwork: 9/10 - great shot and the detail/shading makes it look incredible.
Playability: 6/10 - easy to bounce back and decent ability but low damage and HP for an ex, especially for 3 energies.
Collectability: 8/10

Now for a favourite of mine!

180px-JynxEXUnseenForces28.jpg

Spoiler:

Wobbu

Years
Artwork: 5/10 It's a beautiful card with a nice beachy background, but Jynx live in icy climates...
Playability: 8/10 Freeze Light guarantees a status condition and Pure Power can be used effectively against weak benched Pokémon. To add to that, Stages of Evolution can be extremely helpful.
Collectability: 7/10 ex Unseen Forces was always hard to find in stores (for me at least) and it's a rare.

Speaking of Stages of Evolution, here's something similar:
Spoiler:

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Artwork : 9/10 The action shot of the Electabuzz in the artwork looks cool and the background looks nice too.
Playability : 6/10 30 damage is a bit low for 2 energy cards, one having to be a fighting energy, but Power of Evolution can be useful since it lets you draw an extra card each turn.
Collectability : 4/10 It's a pretty common card from Dragon Frontiers.

Next is Magmar!
100-magmar-ex.jpg

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Magmar is.... an ex from that 2003 set. Unbelievable.

Artwork: 8/10 (CG graphics...)
Playability: 1/10
Collectability: 5/10

Sir, we got a bug here...

9-pinsir-d.jpg

This is a real card. Even I thought this was fake at first, but it is indeed real, following the big rules.

Last edited:

Wobbu

Years
Artwork: 6/10 It's better than anything I can draw, but many other cards have nicer artwork.
Playability: 7/10 If Armor can be utilized, then Pinsir will make up for its lack of resistance. Besides that, weak attack with high energy cost.
Collectability: 8/10 Rare and δ are a pretty good combination. I'm not too big on reverse holo, but many others are.

I had to take a trip to Route 38 to find this card:
433px-TaurosUnleashed41.png

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Artwork: 5/10 The eye looks odd for a Pokémon and I'm not a fan of the art style.
Playability: 5/10 He's got decent HP but with weak/dangerous attacks and a high retreat cost, I'm not sure I'd ever want to use one.
Collectability: 6/10

Time for a fun one!

435px-GiovanniMagikarpGymChallenge73.jpg

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Giovanni having a Magikarp? Outrageous, especcially for the final Gym Leader in Kanto

Artwork: 1/10
Playability: 1/10
Collectability: 1/10 for Giovanni being OUT OF HIS MIND!

I had to SCREAM into Giovanni's ear to get him to evolve those stupid fish!

H-5_Giovannis_Gyarados.jpg

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Artwork: 6/10 - ehh, it's decent enough but not wonderful
Playability: 3/10 - it comes from an awful Pokémon and has no remarkable power/risk-free attacks. The retreat cost is high and the HP is relatively low.
Collectability: 4/10

I've been loving this next card in my Water deck; let's see what you guys think!

432px-LaprasNextDestinies26.jpg

Wobbu

Years
Artwork: 8/10 Beautiful ocean background but not much else going on.
Playability: 7/10 It's in the current format and Water Arrow can be handy. Surf does decent damage.
Collectability: 6/10 It's uncommon and I can still find Next Destinies boosters in stores.

Yes, this is actually a Ditto...
DittoEXDeltaSpecies40.jpg

If you can't read the text:
Spoiler:

Years
Artwork: 3/10. It's amusing, but for the same reasons that I also think it looks stupid. Ditto's face just simply does not go well with Squirtle's body, ahahaha.

Playability: 4/10. Cool mechanic in that Poke-Power, but it doesn't evolve in an era where the most powerful decks contained many evolutions.

Collectibility: 4/10. It's a common, but it's part of a unique group of Ditto cards.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot a card.

EeveeEXDeltaSpecies68.jpg

Last edited:

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Ahh...... a game that has been gcompletely forgotten about. OK, keeping it going, I hope Jolteon gets posted after this...

Artwork: 1/10 Mitsuhiro Arita is like the Mark Thompson of the Pokémon TCG
Playability: 2/10 Energy accel for 1 Energy, but there are no Steel-type Eeveelutions.
Collectability: 2/10 Delta Species, but insanely common.

Riksing from the abyss is a Pokémon transforming with air! VAY-PORY-EON!

34-vaporeon.jpg

Years
Except there totally was a Steel-type Eeveelution in EX: Delta Species. Five of them, in fact. See the Jolteon below for an example. Anyway, onto rating the Vaporeon posted.

Artwork: 6/10. Those eyes look a little funky to me.
Playability 5/10. Interesting, but completely outclassed in its time simply because of the existence of Luxray GL and Luxray GL Lv. X.
Collectibility: 4/10. It's a rare, but it's not from a presently sought-after set.

displayimage.php

Wobbu

Years
Artwork: 7/10 I like the electricity thing going on but that one leg looks twice as large as the other three...
Playability: 6/10 Nothing too powerful. I never really cared about Holon Energy cards. Return Spark is nice because you can easily do extra damage.
Collectibility: 7/10 I used to see ex Delta Species all over stores until a couple of years ago :( This card can be easy and cheap to obtain online, however.

I was going to do the Flareon from the ex Delta Species booster, but it's almost the exact same card... Here's a
30px-Pok%C3%A9mon_Star.png
for everyone.
FlareonEXPowerKeepers100.jpg

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
It's been a while before any further progress has happened. I wanted to post an Omanyte card, but in order to keep the game going, I can't, because I posted this... therefore, a brief review...

Artwork: 8/10
Playability: 10/10
Collectability: 8/10

Porygon, your next. Someone upload an Omanyte soon...

48.jpg

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Artwork: 10/10 Matches the dark part of the card's nature
Collectability: 4/10
Playability: 1/10 It's a fossil Pokémon....

Ok, maybe this Omastar will do...

43_Omastar.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back