The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 3rd, 2013, 11:16 AM
Dragon
infinite

Nature: Modest
Whenever I buy a new game that I've been hyping up for, like Fire Emblem Awakening, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD remake, Tales of Graces, and so on, I tend to buy it at release date, and play it non-stop until I get tired, and then talk about it with someone. You can call that whatever you want, but iiiit's generally my tradition with new games.

What about you? What's generally your tradition upon learning about new games, or buying a new game for yourself? Do you try it right away? Do you speak about it with others? Maybe you've been hyping up about these new games until release date, and then when you get it for 10 minutes, you just don't play it again for about a week until you remember it again?

What do you do when you get new games? :3
Old October 3rd, 2013, 11:18 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...

Nature: Quirky
I install/play the game ASAP and start playing the story if there is one.
Mostly i keep playing the new game for a week and then it goes into my routine of games i play

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old October 3rd, 2013, 11:34 PM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
For me, it all depends on what the game is and how well I enjoy it. If it's a new Zelda game, which I'm usually hyped for, then once I'm able to get my hands on it, I will put it into my console as soon as I can and start playing it. When I'm done playing, I would start discussing it with other people who are seemingly interested in it as much as I am. If it's a type of game that I have never tried before (such as Halo—I've never played this game because I wasn't a big fan of its futuristic aspects), then I won't be playing it immediately after the purchase. I'll play it only when I have time. If I end up enjoying the game, then I'll become a follower of its franchise and buy almost every single game that they release in the future. And if I don't enjoy it, then I'll simply put the game back into its box and never touch it again. d:

Last edited by Endless; October 4th, 2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 11:45 PM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
Hehe polar opposites I either buy it if I like the developer if I don't, I look around the internet (NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE!). Then I will play it for 22 hours straight and then put it down and say [b]"MEH! I LIKED MORROWIND AND CHRONO TRIGGER BETTER!"[b]

PairTumblrAnime ListFriend Code
Old October 4th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
When I get a new game I will play it for two hours when I get back from the shop. then go on with my daily business until my daughter is asleep and play the game until I go to bed.
Old October 4th, 2013, 05:19 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
I get most of my games from the XBL Market and a bunch of games I just freshly purchased. However, sometimes I distracted with my usual games (Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Call of Duty, Halo etc.) and don't play it for awhile.

But as soon as I get a new game I do play it right away.
Old October 4th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

If it keeps me playing for 20 hours straight on the first day, it's probably a good game. That's it, really; I generally look for games that satisfy long sessions.
Old October 4th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Aeroblast
Cutting inside like a boss
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
It depends. I never usually get newest games as I wait for price drops and such, unless it's something like FIFA where there's a new game guaranteed to release every year.

Old October 24th, 2013, 03:30 PM
acatfrommars
PC fanatic!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to acatfrommars
Normally when I buy a new game I try it the night or afternoon that I get it. If it's really good then I will play it nonstop until I beat it. That's what I did with Pokemon X and GTA V.

Sisters | Brother | Pairs
GOALS
Old October 24th, 2013, 06:09 PM
pompayyy
Forever and Ever

Nature: Relaxed
If I get a new game I play that crap right away. As for buying games on launch, the first time I did it was about two weeks ago with X and Y (I was excited), but I don't see doing very often.

Publius Enigma

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links