The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 4th, 2013, 08:11 AM
CureYoshiDarkness
Yeehaw! Hi I'm Daisy!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...alf-genie-hero

This game has been up for a while on Kickstarter and personally I think it is great, I've played the original on the Game Boy Color as well and its a fun adventure. I'm not going to ask for anyone to visit the page, but I am asking for a discussion on the topic, anyone's opinions?

Have you played the Shantae series?
Old October 4th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
Video games go where the video games go. The Video Games section! =D

-moved.
Old October 4th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
I have played the original Shantae on GBC but I haven't played the sequel since it was never released in my region. Hopefully all future Shantae games will be released in my region so I'm not limited to watching Let's Plays because the games look quite fun.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old October 5th, 2013, 02:05 AM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
Woh really I loved the one on the Gameboy Color. Cannot believe it needs kickstarter.

PairTumblrAnime ListFriend Code
Old October 5th, 2013, 03:23 AM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
I've never been able to play the original Shantae game, but I did play the one made for Nintendo DSi. It was called Shantae: Risky's Revenge, if I remember correctly. :) The game actually wasn't very bad. It had good humor in it, and the gameplay was quite deep. The graphics were very bright and colorful as well, which I was a huge fan of. It cost twelve-thousand Nintendo points to download Risky's Revenge though, which was a bit pricey, but it was definitely worth it.

This game never got the chance to make it to the big leagues, unfortunately, because it was too similar to a lot of other DSiWare games that were being released at that time, such as Rayman, Castle of Magic, Antipole, Cave Story, and more. If it offered something that the others did not, maybe the ability to make free movements, then I'm sure that more people would've downloaded this game. d:

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to their latest game, Half-Genie Hero. I'm not exactly sure if they're going have any features in it other than the ones listed on its Kickstarter page, but if they are, then one way or the other, I'd really them to give us access to free-roaming.

Last edited by Endless; October 5th, 2013 at 03:33 AM.
Old October 24th, 2013, 03:31 PM
acatfrommars
PC fanatic!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to acatfrommars
I've always wanted to play a Shantae game, but I never had. I really need to try one out some time!

Sisters | Brother | Pairs
GOALS
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links