Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 30th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Infinitum
I'm just a Pokémon trainer.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Infinitum Send a message via Skype™ to Infinitum
I called a Magikarp: Greatness.

Which was quite wrong...
Old September 30th, 2013, 08:41 PM
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder

Nature: Bold
the very first nicknamed pokemon i owned was Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow.

Pikapoo the Pikachu...
Old September 30th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Gogoat Rocks!
The Mount Pokémon

Nature: Timid
In pokemon Ruby,
Rabbit the Magikarp. what the Fudge cake was I thinking when I was little?!
"facepalm"
Pokemon Y: 1048-9262-1484
Friend Safari: Ground. Trapinch, Camerupt Gastrodon.

My Alpha Sapphire Team:
Old September 30th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Warsmith
Paranoid Murderer

Nature: Bold
Pengus! The Metapod, koff~

Don't even think of touching my Pengus! I've named so many Pokemon that it'd be hard to choose just one. I think the random ones that hold no purpose might be a bit embarrassing, but these are usually bred Pokemon I'll be releasing, koffi~
FROM IRON, COMETH STRENGTH.
FROM STRENGTH, COMETH WILL.
FROM WILL, COMETH FAITH.
FROM FAITH, COMETH HONOUR.
FROM HONOUR, COMETH IRON.
THIS IS THE UNBREAKABLE LITANY;
AND MAY IT FOREVER BE SO.
Old October 1st, 2013, 10:02 AM
GatchamanPhoenix

Nature: Brave
Send a message via AIM to GatchamanPhoenix
In Pokémon Red or Blue (can't remember which version), I had an Alakazam that I nicknamed.....get ready for this...

The nickname was Pig?Latin...I look back on that now and wonder what in the world was I thinking?
Old October 1st, 2013, 10:09 AM
Blastin'Tyruntz
Boredom is so boring these days

Pokemon embarrassing nicknames, boy where do i begin...?
Want a wall of text?

Well back in the 4th gen, if you were seven i was...10? yeah something like that, I bought Pokemon Pearl because they ran out of Diamond and i had a load of money with me.
Because of that, i had developed a form of hatred towards every pokemon i caught, and that is why i got these nicknames:

Starly "Bird-X"....YEAH, Became my 1st lvl 100 and i was so happy i passed out.
Ditto "Gum" because he looked like a just spit it out of my mouth.
Onix "Unicorn" because i really didnt know what to call him....

AND...

Empoleon: "Anna"...it was a boy....DAMN.

But i had some good names thoughout the years like:

Derpeon the Eevee
Kaede the Chikorita
Holly sh*t the Riolu....
and others
Idan used cuteness!

It's super-effective!
Paired to peopleZ
Old October 5th, 2013, 11:17 AM
RockyPlaysWithPokes

My most embarrassing nickname:

Tepig:

Never mind the fact that the Arceus-damned thing sucked when I first got it, I was an insensitive little brat a couple years back. I named the damn thing "Fatty." It was my first level 100, and I beat the elite four with Fatty (now an Emboar) as a solo runner. I was so ashamed I took him to the name rater in Castelia City, and changed his name to Joe. Then I shoved Joe into a PC box and since I beat the game, I saw the need to go crazy with an Action Replay.
Old October 5th, 2013, 12:42 PM
pokemasta92
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Nature: Naughty
Even as a kid I never nicknamed my Pokémon. I just prefer calling them by their real name. I also get satisfaction in seeing the evolved forms names. Like when my Combusken evolved into Blaziken, I wanted to see the name Blaziken, not Torchy or something lol.
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old October 6th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Shenkkazoo

Ooh god, when I was little I always used to watch my brothers play final fantasy so I decided to name my female charmander in fire red Sephiroth. In all caps.
I'd never even played final fantasy myself.
Old October 6th, 2013, 04:28 PM
ChipmunkGamingInc.
Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.

Nature: Lonely
Ah, the joys of looking back to your first Pokemon game and saying to yourself, "Oh, sweet Arceus, what was I thinking?"

But! That's not why I'm here. I'm here to report a cruel, saddening joke played on me. For the backstory on this, just go to the spoiler below... It's a sad tale. But still a better love story that Twilight.

My friend named a Beautifly "MISSINGNO." and traded it to over Wi-Fi so I couldn't read the nickname... Ugh, the pixelated monster...

Spoiler:

To little 7 year old me, butterfly Pokemon always had a special place in my heart because they were almost always the first Pokemon you caught. Yeah, I had my Piplup, travelling thru Sinnoh. Shinx? Easy out. Bidoof? Cool, but please. Starly? Not a chance. It wasn't until I saw a Wurmple for the first time that I actually caught a Pokemon. My Beautifly was my best friend as well as my Empoleon. Life was good. Empoleon, Beautifly, Dustox, Mothim, Staraptor, and Luxray. But Beautful, the cleverly named Beautifly (*facepalm*), always had a special place in my heart.

But little did I know that our fun would soon end...
Spoiler:

I just had to catch this pixelated abomination. But, this was not my idea originally, oh no. My friend's elder brother is the one who got my friend and I into Pokemon. He told me about the ultimate Pokemon, telling me this totally false story about how the creators of Pokemon wanted to make an ultra powerful Pokemon that could never be defeated, unless it was battling it's own kind. This Pokemon was the Creator of All, and it was the ancestor of all Pokemon, thus could learn all moves. They liked this idea right up until they were about to mass produce the game. Unable to take the Pokemon out without postponing the release date of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, they simply took out the sprite, but not the data, and replaced it with Arceus. That data was buried under a ton of coding, and never implemented into the game. Seems like a pretty legit and elaborate story for a twelve year old. I'm almost fourteen, I should know.

Anyways, I allowed him to alter my game with a GameHackerThing. I don't really remember what he used. Well, I caught He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Gah, I can't even bring myself to say it's name anymore. I was pretty proud of myself, until I realized...
Spoiler:

I'd lost my best friend to this thing of death. It had murdered my Beautifly with no regrets, or second thought. Then disposed of it's lifeless body into the pits of Pokemon Diamond Version where no Pokemon, dead or alive, had ever come out of. Countless friends have been lost to, dare I even say it's name? No, I can do this. Countless friends have been lost to the pixelated sprite of despair, this image of doomsday. These friends, innocent Pokemon that have done nothing to harm anyone, were stabbed in the back with a rusty knife, by this once-thought friend. They were destroyed, never to be seen again, their life was simply erased. Who this heartless hybrid half-breed of a Pokemon is, if it even is a Pokemon, no one will ever know. It's purpose, lost in the depths of coding. This creature of destruction's name:
MissingNo.

I hope you all enjoyed my short story/personal experience on how I lost my best friend to this THING. Yeah, I kinda rambled on at the end, but hey. I can get overly creative sometimes.

Join the Poké Dance Party! Gen II at it's best!
Old October 6th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Gym Leader Jake
Water Gym Leader

I have to say i have many embarassing nicknames i give my pokemon - It's part of our childhood to do so. But.... I still do this today XD

I name all of my electric pokemon something that ends in "Z".

So yeah, as you can imagine, I've come up with such clever names like:
VOLTZ
SPARKZ
BOLTZ
and
WYRE

wait a second... that last one doesnt have a Z in it!
That's because i named that Magneton when i was *gasp* 15 years old!
lol yup, all part of our childhood.
Water Is Power
Old October 12th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Palmer-Granate

Nature: Relaxed
lol Y'all think I actually remember what I name my pokemon? The only ones I'd nickname are the ones I'd KNOW I'd trade to someone else. I'd go to Name Rater, just to be a jerk to my buddy's new owner.
Old October 21st, 2013, 03:40 PM
NotThatOneAgain

Named my Snorlax "Fatass" and "Fathead" when I was younger. And Miltank was renamed "Fat Cow".
Old October 21st, 2013, 07:59 PM
Mystify
I'm so spooky

Hornish the Rhyhorn... it could've been so much worse.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 01:09 AM
Adventure
Seer of Light

Nature: Naive
I named my Venusaur JUNGLEDOOM, my Blastoise SHELLSHOCK and my Charizard... FIREDRAGON. I just wanted to fill out the 10 letter space you got :] I think Pikachu was named THUNDERKID. Oh lord.

But seriously, jungledoom. JUNGLEDOOM. That Venusaur, you don't want to meet on a dark street.

HOMESTUCK

Beta Kids Collab: Rose

paired to abnegation

mod of Pokémon General
& Roleplay Corner

Homestuck Fanclub

Old October 22nd, 2013, 08:35 AM
CrowSvenson
DarkTrainer

Nature: Lonely
I called a started "butts" once.
It was a shiny.
Heh.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 09:51 AM
Blastin'Tyruntz

Oh yeah also i had a huge fight with my younger brother last year and i went on to breed a Piplup and call him "Ariel" (that is my bros' name)...and i shoved Surf,Waterfall,Rock smash and another HM on him, the ultimate slave.....I still owned him until recently because he had a great nature, but he was shoved so deep in my PC my PC's rectum hurts. So a week ago i had to say goodbye to this awesome pokemon...And deleted his sorry ass.
Idan used cuteness!

It's super-effective!
Paired to peopleZ
Old October 22nd, 2013, 08:53 PM
Bruce Banner
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
Haha I had named my miltoic "Beauty" in Pokemon Diamond. Yeah, I liked the name at the time but think it pretty embarrassing now. My friends saw the name and gave me a bunch of crap about it but I didn't really care. I wish I had named it something else, but oh well.

My favorite name for a Pokemon ever as when I named my Lugia "Ultima"!
Sisters | Brother | Pairs
Old October 22nd, 2013, 08:58 PM
pokemonranger109
Jirachi Know-It-All From Birth

Location: Beside the Yolo guy in Kanto. (He said it before it was cool)
Nature: Quirky
On ny firered Ihave a butterfree named Wormy from when I caught it as a Caterpie
Old October 26th, 2013, 02:51 AM
AerVaur

Nature: Adamant
One time, when I was finishing up a route before stopping to sleep, I caught Abomasnow that I named "Frosty". I refused to look at him after that.

Where the hell is Empoleon....?
Old October 26th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Timbjerr
Hero of the Blue Flame
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I never nicknamed my pokemon pre-GenV. Having all-caps nicknames would have bugged me, and having lower-case nicknames would have bugged me when contrasted with all the NPCs having all-caps on their pokemon.

That said, even though I've only been nicknaming my pokemon for the past three years or so, I'm prone to some pretty immature and inappropriate ones. French Kiss the Lickitung and Raeper the Drapion immediately come to mind

PokéCommunity Veteran Timbjerr

"We're not perfect. Sometimes our brains tell us one thing, while our emotions tell us another. And war... The more we try to avoid it, the worse it is when it comes to us."
Old October 26th, 2013, 07:21 AM
casualCasualty
Super High School Level Fairy

Nature: Sassy
I have this really bad habit of naming Ampharos Jackie if that counts by any means.
I've named Geodudes Dude, Dudette and the like. In Y version I have a Mewtwo named Macklemore and a shiny Octillery named The Smash. I also have a Noivern named GOTTAGOFAST and in my White version I believe I have a Ditto named Herma. A glitch Ditto. That knows Dunsparces' moveset. But yeah. Normally I take nicknaming seriously, but then sometimes my inner teenager awakens at two in the morning.

I also have a Butterfree named Butterman and a Masquerain named Surferdude.
3DS FC: 3497-0207-1545
Old October 26th, 2013, 07:59 AM
*Riolu Master*
The Aura Within

Nature: Jolly
When I was 6 I got pokemon diamond and I caught a geodude and I name it Mewtwo. XD
Friend Code: 1220-6901-8805

Old October 27th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Blastin'Tyruntz

I once caught a Houndour and called it "Flare"...for you know, obvious reasons LOL. It happened yesterday....im lonely :'(
Idan used cuteness!

It's super-effective!
Paired to peopleZ
Old October 27th, 2013, 05:44 AM
GreyVirgo
•=ØInfinityØ=•

Nature: Serious
I named my Raticate "Kate" and it was a boy,I named my Magikarp "Happy" and I thought it was so cool.
Pair: Saturnus

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links