• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What was your first Pokèmon game??

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
My first pokemon I believe was either Pokemon Stadium 2 or hey you pikachu! I might have gotten them at around the same times and I was so young so I don't remember well Dx
But my first game from the main series was Pokemon Crystal. My old best friend in elementary school had decided to give it to me as a birthday present because he didnt play it much. I remember he only got as far as Goldenrod City. I restarted of course, to have my own experience with the game. Since then i've probably replayed it around 3 times through, each with different starters and teams. I have no idea where it is right now sadly, but ill still never forget that my friend gifted me such a great game :')

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Have to say Ruby. It was my first, and soon swapped to Sapphire because Kyogre. But I get good memories trying to fix that stupid dry battery and getting my Kadabra to level 100 hoping it will evolve.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
First game was during my elementary days which is a LeafGreen which a friend loaned to me for a moment before asking for it back. That moment was how I got hooked on Pokemon.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Pokemon Stadium. Even though Pokemon Stadium 2 was already out by then, I got it to save money... in hindsight, should have convinced my parents to get PS2 considering it had everything PS had and more.

PokemonCollector-N

Pokemon Collector
Years
Blue was my first. Back when I was a wee pup I absolutely adored Pokémon, but I was a bit behind on the gaming systems so while people were getting their copies of Ruby and Sapphire, it hadn't been long since I'd just acquired Blue. Though, that's partially my fault.

In a time before I got Blue, I saw Red in the store and wanted to try it out. I tried the game in my GameBoy Color and couldn't seem to figure out how to get out of the player's house, so I told my dad "No way, that's not Pokémon!" and we left. It was only when my mother's boyfriend at the time gave me Blue that I realized that the game I could've gotten was Pokémon. After that I got Yellow, and constantly had people asking me "Don't you mean Pokémon gold?" It was pretty annoying honestly. Eh.

Years
Sapphire.
I remember I didn't know there was a new generation, and when I saw starters I was literally blown away. I chose Torchic, and got disappointed when I saw Combusken, I guess I expected a Phoenix or something lol
Either way, I loved it.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
My first game was Pokemon Silver.

Although, me and my elder brothers had to share a copy of Pokemon Yellow, because they didn't understand the way the game worked.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I got Pokemon Blue Version as a surprise present along with a Blue Gameboy, koffi~

I somewhat regret getting rid of it. Oh well, sometimes I need to get rid of old stuff. I guess I could have kept it, but I have too much stuff. I have a stack of Playstation 3 videogames that is taller than I am. I have several Nintendo DS games that probably do the same. I don't want to see about my Snes games. I don't have a large list of playstation games or playstation 2 games anymore. . . I had to trade in my advance games in order to get what I wanted, but I don't regret it. It was like releasing a long-term Pokemon friend. They helped me on my journey one last time before we had to say good-bye forever, koff~

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Pokemon Yellow Version, my cousin gave it to me because I only had one game on my Gamboy at the time (Super Mario Land) which I finished several times. Then began my addiction to Pokemon games haha...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ruby and Sapphire are my first Pokemon games. They were the games that got me into the gaming side of Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Pokemon Silver and Pokemon Gold. Got them both for my eighth birthday along with my Gameboy Color. Since the first one I put into the gameboy and started playing was Silver I guess that one would have to be my very first.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
My very first is the Pokemon Yellow; Then Gold before I actually bought Red because I've always liked the Charizard picture on the Pokemon Red cartridge but I was too young to know that Red and Blue were released before Yellow. My dad was the one whom bought Yellow alongside my first Gameboy Colour.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
Pokemon Dash is technically the first Pokemon game I got, it came with a DS Lite I bought online. I never really played it that much though. Then I played Pokemon Ruby on an emulator, but something messed up in the emulator and my game never saved. So I finally got Pokemon Soul Silver this January, and that's the first real Pokemon game I ever got, I suppose.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 19, 2022
My first game was Yellow, I got it along with my first GBA one christmas when I was either 7 or 8. Got me hooked and is why my favorite pokemon is Pikachu. <3

Haven't missed any of the series since except B2/W2. I'm going to have it and play it after I play X.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Hmmm, I think technically, our (I shared with my brother) first was the Pokémon Trading Card Game for GameBoy. But as for the main series, Gold, because we were afraid to ask for one of the Gen I games earlier. =P Ah, good memories with that Gold...

Back