The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Overall Hack Rating!
★★★★★ 518 68.79%
★★★★ 165 21.91%
★★★ 36 4.78%
★★ 7 0.93%
27 3.59%
Voters: 753. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 17th, 2013, 12:06 PM
ShadowYuki7

Started a nuzlocke of this game. i must say I love the difficulty and how even normal trainer battles require some degree of strategy. I am currently preparing to move onto Fallarbor Town with a team as follows:

Lvl. 35 Marshtomp - Adam
Lvl. 35 Noctowl - Robanny
Lvl. 35 Ledian - Evelon
Lvl. 35 Eevee - Evan
Lvl. 35 Minun - Rin
Lvl. 22 Exeggcute - Ichigo

Currently training Ichigo to be level 35 and then proceeding to Fallarbor. Btw, have I passed any moon stones on the way to Mauville. I read there was one in Slateport but I don't know where... I want to evolve my Eevee into Umbreon -.-
Old September 18th, 2013, 04:10 AM
zantetsu122

Finally back after 2 years of being MIA!
I'm gonna play this amazing game again and see if it's even more amazing this time! Still remember the horror of fighting Norman... double Blissey wtf.

Finally back after 2 years of being MIA!
Playing this amazing game again and see if it's still amazing than ever! The horror of facing Norman... double Blissey wtf...
E: 0/8
D/P: 0/8
B: 0/8
Ultimate Solo Challenge:
Excadrill: 0/8( still confirming.)
Dragonite; LG>LC>E>PT>BB/VW(still confirming)
Random Solo Challenge Platinum 0/8:
Snorlax
Milotic
Luxray
Pelipper
Mamoswine
Lickylicky
0/8

Last edited by zantetsu122; September 18th, 2013 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 21st, 2013, 08:15 AM
Shaifer123

Hi Suicune. I love Expert Emerald, it's actually the only reason I got onto these forums. I'm having a big problem though. When I entered Pacifidlog Town I got trapped. The first thing that happen was the fisherman on the float to my left became my avatar and I could only move him. So I reloaded. When I reloaded I entered the pokemon center and re exited and he didn't take over my avatar again. But this time I couldn't enter any of the houses or it would freeze. So I downloaded the patch 1.36 and patched it. If I do anything wrong those two problems will still occur sometimes, and if I avoid it by going to the pokemon center first, then the bottom right house second it avoids those two problems but I can't go north from the pokemon center or it will freeze. I'm running MacBoy Advance and I believe I have the latest download but I could be wrong. I know less about hacks and mods than probably anybody here. Everything else was fine except I can't use the pc where the guy in emerald originally gives you the national dex because he freezes the game. Anybody have any idea what could be wrong?
Old September 22nd, 2013, 07:11 AM
DarkFireNaga

I don't want to seem ungrateful or a noob or anything but would it be possible to get the game with the old pokemon sprites? (with the exception of roserade) I'm not really a big fan of the newer sprites...
Old September 22nd, 2013, 07:53 AM
LCCoolJ95
Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFireNaga View Post
I don't want to seem ungrateful or a noob or anything but would it be possible to get the game with the old pokemon sprites? (with the exception of roserade) I'm not really a big fan of the newer sprites...
O_O YES, THANK YOU!!! I wanted to add in my own sprites into the game. The sprites that are in it now are like moving statues.

Fairy-type in Pokémon Emerald: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=288
Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:12 AM
DarkFireNaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCoolJ95 View Post
O_O YES, THANK YOU!!! I wanted to add in my own sprites into the game. The sprites that are in it now are like moving statues.
I agree with the statues thing but I just want the old sprites. They just don't fit and I liked the animations of gen 3 x-x...
Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:29 AM
ron50

ummmmm i was wondering did you guys add evs and ivs to the gym leaders, elite four, and champions pokemon. If you did how? if not how come the pokemon are so strong. please explain me and friends are trying to make a hack and we hit this stumbling block.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 04:08 PM
DarkFireNaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron50 View Post
ummmmm i was wondering did you guys add evs and ivs to the gym leaders, elite four, and champions pokemon. If you did how? if not how come the pokemon are so strong. please explain me and friends are trying to make a hack and we hit this stumbling block.
quite a few of the pokemon in the game got buffs. some minor and some serious, the microsoft word documents in the zip file show the pokemon that for buffs (and possibly nerfs).
Old October 1st, 2013, 11:46 AM
KILLINS A GAME

I've made it to Flannery, she kicks my ass once Rapidash gets out, my team is Nidoking 45 Feraligtr 45 and Mawile 40
Old October 3rd, 2013, 07:28 PM
nineteenct

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLINS A GAME View Post
I've made it to Flannery, she kicks my ass once Rapidash gets out, my team is Nidoking 45 Feraligtr 45 and Mawile 40
The game gets harder here since all the gyms are double battles. I dunno if I played the most recent version, but I remember Flannery starts with Arcanine and Houndoom, both having Intimidate. So start with pokemon who are either special attackers, or maybe some other pokemon that will die quickly so your physical attacking pokemon can come in.
Old October 4th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Unearthly Earth

Excellent. All the changes to make the game more challenging so far seem very well balanced. 40hrs in, Ive taken my sweet time (only 2 gym badges) and the battles so far have been hard enough, just so, that they keep each encounter interesting.

I was also wondering, is onix supposed to be fairly rare to encounter in granite cave? Ive just been in there searching all the levels (if there is only one entrance, I cant recall) and after hundreds of encounters waiting to see one, no dice. I think ive seen every other pokemon listed to be in there too.

Thanks for making this. Truely made it fun to play emerald all over again.
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:14 PM
MrDratini

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCoolJ95 View Post
Thanks man for clearing my doubt indirectly. YES Suicune PLEASE, add the original sprites from the Emerald on a new or apart hack(observation: that's why I play Flora Sky.).
Old October 7th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Simplyobsessed

Please can someone tell me how to get mew? I've got the sea map.. how do i use it?
Old October 8th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyobsessed View Post
Please can someone tell me how to get mew? I've got the sea map.. how do i use it?
Go to Lilycove port. Event ought to start.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 9th, 2013, 04:58 AM
MrDratini

Hey guys, does anybody knows which pkmn here on expert emerald learns the move "Zap Cannon" and that one, I believe the name is "Water Cannon"?
Old October 13th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Chari_zard

I still cannot get the event tickets to work. :/ I am playing beta version 7.5 but I have patched it with the 1.36 version on the front page and the lady in Lilycove will still not recognize my tickets. :/
Old October 14th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Aruaruu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chari_zard View Post
I still cannot get the event tickets to work. :/ I am playing beta version 7.5 but I have patched it with the 1.36 version on the front page and the lady in Lilycove will still not recognize my tickets. :/
What version were you playing when you picked up the tickets?
Old October 14th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Chari_zard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruaruu View Post
What version were you playing when you picked up the tickets?
7.5, I picked them up before I patched it. O_O
Old October 16th, 2013, 12:16 AM
XxTooxX

Can u tell me where's the cheats
Old October 16th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Rayo

Sorry to "dig up" this thread, but I have a question. Is the physical/special split applied here? Couldn't find the info about it. Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Old October 16th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayo View Post
Sorry to "dig up" this thread, but I have a question. Is the physical/special split applied here? Couldn't find the info about it. Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Nope. No physical/special split. It's an updated 3rd generation ROM so no split.

Old October 19th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Unzenith

There is actually a hack of Emerald where there is physical/special split but it's not complete yet. I was wondering if they can collide together, somehow.
Old October 27th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Shiny_Magikarp

So, uuuhhhhh, hate to sound like a noob, but why can I not play this on VBA?
Old October 28th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny_Magikarp View Post
So, uuuhhhhh, hate to sound like a noob, but why can I not play this on VBA?
Have you patched the IPS file to a clean Emerald ROM?

Old November 5th, 2013, 03:44 AM
brocca

Nature: Adamant
do the trainers from the battle frontier can be re-battled again and again?
coz i tried and it wont let me re battle them again, it would be fun if we can re battle them.
and if no can we edit the script so we can re battle them and help with the script about re battling a trainer thanks =)

links for 7.5 beta ? please thank you =)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links