Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 1st, 2013, 11:52 AM
Shiarra
Ghost Of The Forest

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
I hope so, it'd be cool if they implement that, or at least a mechanic where the characters clothes change on situation. (warmer clothes for colder areas, lighter for warmer areas, etc)
Old October 1st, 2013, 04:00 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
You can give your character facial hair!!! What?! Now mine is gunna be just like me lol
Old October 2nd, 2013, 09:21 AM
Jacrad

Hm, I hadn't thought about it initially but I wonder if we will get the chance to wear an Imakuni? outfit?
Old October 2nd, 2013, 09:25 AM
Tsutarja
Happy Halloween!

Nature: Jolly
I really like the idea of player customization so that you can make the hero/heroine character look a little more like you.. which I do probably plan on taking advantage of once I get ahold of my copy of Y.

Happy Halloween!
mod pairs family tumblr twitter pc social sites
Old October 2nd, 2013, 11:19 AM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

I just hope the character can rock some nice 5oclock shadow weekday me. Thicker beards are for weekend me lol

I am still surprised to see this though. What age are these characters ment to be?
Old October 4th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Tirito

Nature: Brave
I honestly think this will be so amazing, finally trainers can be seen by what they truly are! Whether they are a dark mysterious trainer, or a heroic trainer destined to be the strongest or even just a funny casual trainer the list is endless and that is what will be so amazing about this customization! It's not just changing a uniform, it's identifying who you truly can be as a pokemon trainer!
This signature has been disabled.
your signature is 468px too tall and combined image size exceeds 1 MB
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 4th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Gogoat Rocks!
The Mount Pokémon

Nature: Timid
I like the Idea of customizing your character.
It will be fun customizing. can't wait for X & Y.
Pokemon Y: 1048-9262-1484
Friend Safari: Ground. Trapinch, Camerupt Gastrodon.

My Alpha Sapphire Team:
Old October 7th, 2013, 07:31 PM
TRGrunt

Nature: Relaxed
I think the idea of customizing your character is fantastic. It'll be great to have some input on how your character looks and to get some variety.
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Old October 7th, 2013, 07:57 PM
CBBXD
CBBXD

Nature: Serious
Enough of this!!!!! In the IGN review you clearly see customization now shoo.
http://youtu.be/WSZtpxrXygU?t=1m48s

Last edited by CBBXD; October 7th, 2013 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Forgot sumting
Old October 7th, 2013, 09:47 PM
MarinoKadame

So the only cons they have is one-dimensional story ?

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old October 8th, 2013, 01:15 PM
jazneo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
So the only cons they have is one-dimensional story ?
that not big deal most time everyone finish the game just train there pokemon to play online battle each other
Old October 8th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Lucky1Yena
Just some guy

Customization confirmed.

Do you think all games after that will have the same feature?

And how many outfits are available?
Patiently awaiting final versions of these hacks: TheJohto Legacy series - starting with the most complete one, the Christmas hack, Pokémon Liquid Crystal, Pokémon Crystal Dust, Pokémon DarkViolet, Pokémon Prism
Old October 8th, 2013, 03:40 PM
jazneo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1Yena View Post
Customization confirmed.

Do you think all games after that will have the same feature?

And how many outfits are available?
i hope they add animal crossing clothes new leaf clothes making tool to pokemon x and y. when i was look at store clothes pic look like there take idea from there animals crossing new leaf game Nintendo made
Old October 8th, 2013, 05:48 PM
causality

Nature: Docile
I'm a little interested to see what their "limit" is to what we can wear. Just exactly where is the line crossed considering the maturer types of clothes out there. I like to wear tanks, skinny jeans, sunglasses, etc. I wonder if short shorts are an option for the female character?
Old October 8th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Shorts for females would be available, I think. They let May wear shorts, they allowed Hilda to wear shorts, and they let Krys wear shorts, too. If they permitted all these female protagonists to wear short pants, I really don't see why they wouldn't allow you to do it in Pokémon X and Y, either. d: The only things that you probably cannot do is wear tattoos or pierce any part of your body, as those would be a little unfriendly to kids.
for all distractions.
Old October 8th, 2013, 06:26 PM
jazneo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdition Haze View Post
Shorts for females would be available, I think. They let May wear shorts, they allowed Hilda to wear shorts, and they let Krys wear shorts, too. If they permitted all these female protagonists to wear short pants, I really don't see why they wouldn't allow you to do it in Pokémon X and Y, either. d: The only things that you probably cannot do is wear tattoos or pierce any part of your body, as those would be a little unfriendly to kids.
they have earrings for the girls i think. i saw a mini skirt on one of the girl in trailer
Old October 8th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Warsmith
Paranoid Murderer

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdition Haze View Post
I agree, koff~

It would seem almost silly to allow the rabid use of miniskirts and not approve of shorts. I'm sure tattoos are out of business here (not really needed, as where would you be able to view them?) and we'll see lots of wonderful options that we can through together. I hope they let us mix and match and not just have us pick out Outfit A or Outfit B. That would be so silly, koffi~
FROM IRON, COMETH STRENGTH.
FROM STRENGTH, COMETH WILL.
FROM WILL, COMETH FAITH.
FROM FAITH, COMETH HONOUR.
FROM HONOUR, COMETH IRON.
THIS IS THE UNBREAKABLE LITANY;
AND MAY IT FOREVER BE SO.
Old October 8th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Magistrum
☆The Fakemon Magister☆

Nature: Modest
I wonder if there are pokemon cosplay outfits? Being able to wear a Bisharp/Scrafty/Gardevoir/Lilligant getup would be hilariously awesome IMO.
Old October 8th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
It appears that despite someone claiming we couldn't remove our hats, I came across this:

Spoiler:

So I guess this means we may be able to not wear a hat after all.
Old October 9th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Starry Windy
Show your Victory!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
It appears that despite someone claiming we couldn't remove our hats, I came across this:

Spoiler:

So I guess this means we may be able to not wear a hat after all.
That's nice indeed, and I think Player Customization will turned out great, I hope I can find the clothes that suits my style, maybe some sort of jeans or the nice blue-colored clothes will fit me.
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old October 9th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I think player customization is incredible!! I´ve been away from the forums for a long time, and seeing all the things we can do is amazing. i remember how in the beginning people were speculating we could only change hair/skin color...now we can do anything we want :D now i can care less that Xavier´s initial design is so generic

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old October 9th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Thurea

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Thurea
I think character customization is way overdue. On the other hand, this gen will be the first gen where you'll really be able to tell. Previous generations' player sprites were too small to make a whole lot of difference, imo. In any case, I'm super excited for it!
3DS FC: 4570-8055-5360
Pokémon X
Trading, Friend Safari.
Old October 9th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Faye Rose~
Resilient
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Faye Rose~
I'm so excited for character customization, probably more than I should be. I see myself wasting a lot of time customizing my character lol
FAYE ROSE~
the world's most
resilient girl

The Rainbow Connection

TheZenTraveler
Sopheria

4012-4551-1244
Old October 9th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

It's gonna suck if they don't have an afro hairstyle, I wouldn't be able to make my character look like me. Even if it doesn't, it's still going to be great. Looks like there is a great range of items and outfits to wear!
Old October 9th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Jigglymilk
Awakening The Blade

Nature: Sassy
I say once we get the hang of customizing, we hold a fashion contest for best dressed trainer!
3DS friend code: 4699-5168-7204
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here