The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old October 8th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Montrenomo

I mean, I want to EV train my pokemons, but I keep running into trainers that ruin it. They're forcing me to fight pokemon the yields EVs that I don't want, and I understood that even if I switch him out, the pokemon will still get EVs. What should I (as a new player that didn't fought all the trainers) do?
Thanks ahead!
Old October 9th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Larinelle
Purrfect Purple Paradise

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Larinelle
From what I know most people only EV train after they beat the main game. 3:
At least that's what I do - mostly because of the same trouble you are having right now.
Are you playing R/S/E or FR/LG? Because in R/S/E they have berries that can remove EV points again - meaning you could remove the EV's you recieved during the story time.

I believe those berries also exist in FR/LG but they are harder to come by.
Old October 9th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Montrenomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larinelle View Post
From what I know most people only EV train after they beat the main game. 3:
At least that's what I do - mostly because of the same trouble you are having right now.
Are you playing R/S/E or FR/LG? Because in R/S/E they have berries that can remove EV points again - meaning you could remove the EV's you recieved during the story time.

I believe those berries also exist in FR/LG but they are harder to come by.
I'm playing Emerald, and I didn't know about those berries.. They pretty much fix it all. I'll try to find them on google.
Old October 9th, 2013, 08:11 PM
lmcde22

If you're EV training any stat, in Emerald there is at least one place you can do it without encountering trainers.

Attack: Poochyena at the top of route 103
Defense: Geodude, Graveller and Torkoal in the Magma Hideout
Special Attack: Spinda and Slugma on route 113
Special Defense: Lotad, Lombre, Swablu on route 114
Speed: Wingull, Electrike, Manectric, Zigzagoon and Linoone on Route 118 (across the river)

There are trainers in some of these areas but if you battle them beforehand with another Pokemon, it shouldnt be a problem hope this helps
Old November 2nd, 2013, 07:47 AM
Draninus

I EV train certain Pokemon while I'm advancing through the game. However I have a team set aside that I'll use to wipe out the trainers in the area where I want to train first. Then after I have defeated all of the trainers in that area, I go grab the Pokemon I want to EV train and have at it without the worry of trainers interfering.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Jet Pilot
I killed Spiderman.

Nature: Bashful
No one really EV trains until after they're completed the game, there are berries for that though.. Breed what you want to EV train and EV train it mid-game, then just grind it on wilds when you have maxed out both stats you're training. I just do that because I don't care about how long I spend on a save file. Plus I like to gain incredibly high amounts of points to a stat every now and then. You don't really have to EV train to beat E4 though.. only point of it really is in competitive, battle frontier etc..

Do YOU want a spam section?
Vote for POKESpam2014.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links