• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Player Customization

Years
I think the idea of customizing your character is fantastic. It'll be great to have some input on how your character looks and to get some variety.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
Customization confirmed.

Do you think all games after that will have the same feature?

And how many outfits are available?

i hope they add animal crossing clothes new leaf clothes making tool to pokemon x and y. when i was look at store clothes pic look like there take idea from there animals crossing new leaf game Nintendo made

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I'm a little interested to see what their "limit" is to what we can wear. Just exactly where is the line crossed considering the maturer types of clothes out there. I like to wear tanks, skinny jeans, sunglasses, etc. I wonder if short shorts are an option for the female character?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Shorts for females would be available, I think. They let May wear shorts, they allowed Hilda to wear shorts, and they let Krys wear shorts, too. If they permitted all these female protagonists to wear short pants, I really don't see why they wouldn't allow you to do it in Pokémon X and Y, either. d: The only things that you probably cannot do is wear tattoos or pierce any part of your body, as those would be a little unfriendly to kids.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
Shorts for females would be available, I think. They let May wear shorts, they allowed Hilda to wear shorts, and they let Krys wear shorts, too. If they permitted all these female protagonists to wear short pants, I really don't see why they wouldn't allow you to do it in Pokémon X and Y, either. d: The only things that you probably cannot do is wear tattoos or pierce any part of your body, as those would be a little unfriendly to kids.

they have earrings for the girls i think. i saw a mini skirt on one of the girl in trailer

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years

I agree, koff~

It would seem almost silly to allow the rabid use of miniskirts and not approve of shorts. I'm sure tattoos are out of business here (not really needed, as where would you be able to view them?) and we'll see lots of wonderful options that we can through together. I hope they let us mix and match and not just have us pick out Outfit A or Outfit B. That would be so silly, koffi~

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
I wonder if there are pokemon cosplay outfits? Being able to wear a Bisharp/Scrafty/Gardevoir/Lilligant getup would be hilariously awesome IMO.

Years
It appears that despite someone claiming we couldn't remove our hats, I came across this:

Spoiler:

So I guess this means we may be able to not wear a hat after all.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
It appears that despite someone claiming we couldn't remove our hats, I came across this:

Spoiler:

So I guess this means we may be able to not wear a hat after all.

That's nice indeed, and I think Player Customization will turned out great, I hope I can find the clothes that suits my style, maybe some sort of jeans or the nice blue-colored clothes will fit me.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I think player customization is incredible!! I´ve been away from the forums for a long time, and seeing all the things we can do is amazing. i remember how in the beginning people were speculating we could only change hair/skin color...now we can do anything we want :D now i can care less that Xavier´s initial design is so generic

Years
I think character customization is way overdue. On the other hand, this gen will be the first gen where you'll really be able to tell. Previous generations' player sprites were too small to make a whole lot of difference, imo. In any case, I'm super excited for it!

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

It's gonna suck if they don't have an afro hairstyle, I wouldn't be able to make my character look like me. Even if it doesn't, it's still going to be great. Looks like there is a great range of items and outfits to wear!

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
I say once we get the hang of customizing, we hold a fashion contest for best dressed trainer! :)

Back