The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?
Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen. 1 6.25%
Yeah, you should probably go for something else. 6 37.50%
Nah, it's fine. 9 56.25%
WHA- The white version is the best! 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 10th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Pikachuie
Go Seahawks!

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
so I've been looking to get a 3DS because well come on Nintendo is awesome (Not saying I don't like xbox or playstation) awhile ago i went to target just to shop for things and i say a 3DS because me and my mom were in the video games and i showed her the 3ds and she was looking at the games i dont know why but she was while i was playing around and YEAHHHH ANYONE ELSE SEE DIS ITS AMAZING *cough* uh well I loved 3D was good I didn't see the whole "when you move your head or something the 3D gets messed up" and of course my mom was like "Your gonna gets this. They have a new cooking mamma!" but i just told her she would have to buy the game XD well yeah I don't know if I should really get it, I would be getting the 3DS XL blue and black one refurbished from Nintendo and buy animal crossing new leaf and maybe pokemon X.
Old October 10th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Endless
& give nothing back

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
You're getting two 3DS systems? Ah, nice! I'd get only one if I were you, though. Getting a second one would be just a waste of money, in my opinion. Well, unless you have a very good reason for it, of course. xD" I have a 3DS myself, and it's great. You are able to do a lot of things with it, such as taking three-dimensional pictures, playing old Gamyboy games on the Virtual Console, surf the web with its built-in web browser, and more. Plus, its processor is equal to that of the good-old Nintendo GameCube, which is quite epic! It can hurt your eyes a bit if you play games on it in 3D mode for a little more than two to three though, so you always gotta be a bit careful. Personally, I always leave the 3D turned off when playing games. It ain't too bad.
Old October 10th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
I got the Red and Blue Pokemon 3DS versions. But other than reasons like that I don't really see the point in getting multiple 3DS, I only have Multiple other consoles as I bought limited edition versions, buying multiple standard versions sees like a waste to me. Just my opinion tho.
Old October 15th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Pikachuie
Go Seahawks!

So I have two questions

1. So I have a copy of Sims Busting out for the gamecube and well I found it just awhile ago and I put in my gamecube only to find out that it would not read but I looked at the back and remembered why it's been ages scene i've played it because it was scratched to the max but no deep ones. Will gamestop repair this or is it done for and if so its fine i'll just play sims 3

2. So I have tons of DS games but I keep loosing them and I want to get a R4 card to back all them up like Nintendogs and all the others but I dont know thue best place to buy them, and I just want to not lose the games again. I just found nintendogs after leaving in my brothers room.
Old October 19th, 2013, 03:23 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachuie View Post
So I have two questions

1. So I have a copy of Sims Busting out for the gamecube and well I found it just awhile ago and I put in my gamecube only to find out that it would not read but I looked at the back and remembered why it's been ages scene i've played it because it was scratched to the max but no deep ones. Will gamestop repair this or is it done for and if so its fine i'll just play sims 3
I've done a littler research and it appears here, that they will buffer the disc. However, keep this things in mind. This question was answered 3 Years ago. So that policy may have changed. But if you really enjoy the game, I wouldn't mind making the trip to your local GameStop to see. Hope this helps.
Old October 20th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
Do you have a 3Ds XL, and also, what colour? I might get a Pokemon X and Y-Xerneas and Yveltal Red-Themed 3D XL, but first I gotta know, is the white screen a too annoying? :C

You can move or delete this, moddies, no grudges... unless you don't answer... xD
Old October 20th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Endless
& give nothing back

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
One of my friends have a white 3DS XL. Personally, I don't think it looks too bad. From experience though, I can tell that it gets dirty quite easily, as I used to have a DS Lite of the same color long time ago. xD But it shouldn't be too hard to clean it—the shell is pretty slippery, so you should be able to wipe dirt off of it in an instant.

Currently, I just have the regular 3DS, not the XL. I bought it last year in December, I think. It cost me approximately one-fifty dollars, and Mario Kart 7 was the first game I got for it. I always try to keep it clean as much as I can, so it's still in new condition. I'm not quite sure yet if I'll be myself a 3DS XL, but I've had my eyes on them for a while now, so chances are I most likely will. :) They may not be very portable, but I absolutely love how big their screens are, and their sound quality also seems to be much clearer. I was planning to buy myself one of those Pokémon X and Y 3DS XL, but decided not to since I wasn't a big fan of their color schemes. I do like the color of the new Zelda 3DS, however. If they ever release it out in the United States, then I may end up buying it. If I do buy it, then chances are I will give away my current 3DS to my sister, she's been wanting to have one for an extremely long time. I may hand over some of 3DS games to her as well—just the ones that I no longer play. d:

Last edited by Endless; October 20th, 2013 at 03:06 AM.
Old October 21st, 2013, 03:57 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
2. So I have tons of DS games but I keep loosing them and I want to get a R4 card to back all them up like Nintendogs and all the others but I dont know thue best place to buy them, and I just want to not lose the games again. I just found nintendogs after leaving in my brothers room.
Hi, umm. personally, there's better flashcart brands out there, whose names I don't know off hte top of my head. I have an R4 and all was fine until I played Pokemon on it. It deleted the save files for a few of my other games. They've frozen on numerous occasions, and you have to keep the kernel software updated or else set your DS to pre April 2010 because otherwise it freaks out.. I'd look into other brands if I were you,

Deceased:

Last edited by Dragon; October 21st, 2013 at 06:22 AM. Reason: (try not to link ROM sites)
Old October 21st, 2013, 06:21 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Using these kinds of cards depends on the system you have, since Nintendo instates system updates to block such cards. What system are you using?

As well, if you're using a DS or DS Lite, you can back up your own DS games over your home WiFi connection.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old October 21st, 2013, 10:33 AM
Samgon
Flygon's Master

Nature: Jolly
Was anyone lucky enough to get one of these for the limited time they were on sale :o?
I always wanted one but was out of work at that time so I couldn't afford one unfortunately, does anyone know how much they go for today?
Old October 21st, 2013, 09:23 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Let's just say they're going for a lot.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_trksi...at=0&_from=R40

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:36 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Moved this thread to Video Games since it's just discussion on the Pikachu 3DS XL, and not an actual technical problem with the unit.
Fairy
Old November 4th, 2013, 11:32 AM
catroZ
Working...Don't bother me...

Nature: Bold
Hello, I need help choosing between a 2DS and a 3DS.
At the moment I am low on budget(but I have enough cash to buy a 3DS and Pokemon X-or-Y).So which one would you recommend to me?
Thanks.
Old November 4th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zortac View Post
Hello, I need help choosing between a 2DS and a 3DS.
At the moment I am low on budget(but I have enough cash to buy a 3DS and Pokemon X-or-Y).So which one would you recommend to me?
Thanks.
If you can afford the 3DS and a Pokemon, I'd say go for it! I mean, any Pokemon fan should want to be playing X or Y. Looking at the DS aspect, it's really down to personal opinion. I would suggest looking into the features more deeply, the 3DS has more which is reflected in it's price. Generally, if you want more games sooner, I recommend the 2DS because it's quite a bit cheaper so you would still have money for more games. And of course, you wouldn't have the 3D option. It is ultimately up to you and what you prefer.
Old November 4th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Morkula
Play the Game

I've heard good things about the 2DS, but I prefer having a clamshell design to protect the screens, and the 3D in certain games is really impressive (Pokemon is not one of them). So I'd suggest the 3DS...the XL if you can swing it - the bigger screens make a huge difference.

paired with cherrim ~ big brother of arago
4p games ~ 4p forums ~ backloggery ~ twitter
Old November 4th, 2013, 12:52 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Having both a 3DS and a 2DS, the 2DS is serviceable if you're not looking to use the 3D, which is pretty much the only feature missing (well, that and the stereo sound without headphones). The clamshell form factor of the 3DS fits far better in your typical pocket, though. The tablet design of the 2DS will pretty much only fit in wide-opening, deep-pocketed men's pants pockets.
Old November 4th, 2013, 01:14 PM
catroZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkula View Post
I've heard good things about the 2DS, but I prefer having a clamshell design to protect the screens, and the 3D in certain games is really impressive (Pokemon is not one of them). So I'd suggest the 3DS...the XL if you can swing it - the bigger screens make a huge difference.
The 3DS XL is by far too expensive for me.

Well what are the main differences between the
3DS and the 2DS(apart from the obvious differences, like that the 3DS is clamshell and the 2DS isn't, that the 2DS has just 1 speaker while the 3DS has 2, etc.
Old November 4th, 2013, 08:13 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

The button locations on the 2DS kinda suck. The triggers are at the top while the select button is nearly level with the center of the touch screen. The Home, Start, and Select buttons are nice and easy to press on the 2DS compared to the same buttons on the other two 3DS systems, for sleep mode it has a sleep switch like iPods and iPhones do, and it has a solid stylus like the 3DS XL does, while the 3DS has a telescopic stylus.

Other than that, it's functionally a 3DS. It has the same charger cable and plug, it runs the same OS and can use the same apps and play the same virtual console games, it has 2 back cameras and a front camera, a standard headphone jack, comes with the same size SD card as a 3DS, and is backwards compatible with the entire DS library as well as the entire 3DS library.
Old November 5th, 2013, 09:16 AM
catroZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
it[the 2DS] has a solid stylus like the 3DS XL does, while the 3DS has a telescopic stylus.
I actually prefer telescopic styluses to normal styluses for some reason

And the emulators..are there any built yet for the 2DS/3DS?
Old November 8th, 2013, 12:27 AM
machupichu18
Working on Pokemon Vortex

Nature: Quiet
Hey everyone, I'm gonna buy a 3ds game and since they're the same price I want to know which one is better, they are: Super street fighter 4 3d edition and Rayman Origins. Don't forget this is the 3ds verson. Can you tell me which game is better and give some comments about it. Thanks in advance!
Old November 15th, 2013, 07:38 PM
isthatyoudan
doesn't work well with others...

Hey, machupichu18!
Quote:
Posted by machupichu18: Hey everyone, I'm gonna buy a 3ds game and since they're the same price I want to know which one is better, they are: Super street fighter 4 3d edition and Rayman Origins. Don't forget this is the 3ds verson. Can you tell me which game is better and give some comments about it. Thanks in advance!
That's a toughie! Both of those series are great, of course! I haven't played the 3DS versions, but I played the PS3 and Wii of them. They are awesome! It's great that Street Fighter has stuck with what works and Rayman has left the rabbids for a classic platformer. If you really can't decide, save up and get both!

I'm Reading...
Pet Sematary by Stephen King. It's not too scary so far, but quite creepy. It's a really interesting book that I am heartily enjoying to read. Heard the movie is terrifying, so I'm expecting more later on.

I'm Playing...
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness. A great part of the series, with an awesome story and a neat battle system. It definitely made some improvements from the first game. Lots of fun.
Old November 17th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Hmm, I have a question regarding the 3DS wifi connectivity. I sometimes use my Android hotspot to connect to the wireless network, but its not always enabled and its in the #1 slot on my connections, followed by the house wifi on #2. If it's connected to connection #2 (house wifi) and I turn on the Android hotspot (connection #1), will the 3DS disconnect from connection #2 and default to #1 once I enable the connection?
Fairy
Old November 22nd, 2013, 07:17 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...
Community Supporter

I have a small question: Since my gaming mouse broke two days ago, i need a new one, and i have no idea which one to get. And with Christmas coming up i can spend some more money on it than usual too ^^

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old November 27th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Pikachuie
Go Seahawks!

So I was wondering if anyone knew a good garry's mod darkrp server hoster? I want a darkrp server but i cant find a server hoster.
Old November 29th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...
Community Supporter

Quote:
So I was wondering if anyone knew a good garry's mod darkrp server hoster? I want a darkrp server but i cant find a server hoster.
This site is the best i could find if you are looking for one: http://www.gametracker.com/search/garrysmod/

Hope this helps ^_^

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here