• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
September 23, 2013

Professor Fennel contacted me and told me that while she was doing some research on Route 15 just west of Nimbasa City, she came across a pair of little Larvitar. She said although it is common to find wild Pupitar in that area, wild Larvitar are rare to see in Unova. She said they were sleeping, and she had Musharna use Dream Mist on them, so I might find them in the Dream World.

Dream World: Heatmor. Found: nothing new; female Torkoal with the ability Shell Armor.

Dream World 2: Flareon. Found: Larvitar that can use Stealth Rock! Another female Larvitar that can use Dark Pulse also was in the Rugged Mountain area, and was happy to return to its parent Tyranitar on Route 15 once it woke up. Meanwhile, the first Larvitar waited for me in the Entralink forest, and seemed eager to join me on my journey. It will definitely be a powerful Pokémon to help me complete my journey in Unova!

"Larvitar, the Rock Skin Pokémon. Larvitar are born deep underground. They come aboveground to eat the surrounding soil. Once they eat a large mountain, they go sleep so they can grow."

275. Larvitar
Spr_5b_246.png

Come to think of it, in all my years of training Pokémon, I don't think I've ever had a Larvitar. I never caught one during either of my unfinished Johto Journeys. So to signify the event, I caught Larvitar in a Premier Ball.

September 24, 2013

During some early morning training at the Nimbasa City Sports Domes, my Lairon evolved into Aggron!

"Aggron, the Iron Armor Pokémon, and the evolved form of Lairon. Aggron claim entire mountains as their own. While seeking iron for food, they dig tunnels by breaking through bedrock with their steel horns."

276. Aggron
Spr_5b_306.png

Dream World: Volcarona. Found: nothing new; Swinub that knows the move Ancientpower.
Dream World 2: Leafeon. Found: Crustle that knows the move Night Slash.

September 25, 2013

Dream World: Serperior. Found: nothing new; Qwilfish that can use Aqua Jet.
Dream World 2: Roserade. Found: Tympole that can use Water Pulse.

And so another team has been retired. The next group to come with me is Magneton, Umbreon, Nosepass, Wingull, and Bronzong.

September 26, 2013

On their way back to Nuvema Town, Professor Juniper and Fennel discovered some new wild Pokémon on Route 2, just outside of Accumula Town. Juniper told me that there were quite a few evolved Pokémon in the area now, as well as wild Jigglypuff and Lickitung. It's quite the assortment of normal-type Pokémon that live there now! Once again, some Dream Mist was used on some of the Lickitung, to help me catch one, since I won't be getting to Route 2 anytime soon.

Dream World: Emboar. Found: nothing new; Venonat that knows Skill Swap.

Dream World 2: Tangela. Found: Lickitung that knows Rock Climb! I found the group of Lickitung from Route 2, but this one was special because of its ability and the move it knows. It woke up in the Entralink Forest, while the rest returned to Route 2 upon awakening.

As for myself, I revisited some old territories to do some training. While passing through the Chargestone Cave, both my Magneton and Nosepass evolved! The electric rocks here must give off the same type of energy that's found on Mt Coronet in the Sinnoh region.

"Magnezone, the Magnet Area Pokémon, and the evolved form of Magneton. Magnezone emit magnetism that can sometimes be too strong, making them attract each other so they cannot move. Scientists have tried finding ways to make Magnezone evolve, but all such efforts have ended in failure."

"Probopass, the Compass Pokémon, and the evolved form of Nosepass. Probopass freely control three small units called Mini-Noses using magnetic force."

277. Magnezone
Spr_5b_462.png

278. Probopass
Spr_5b_476.png

Shortly thereafter, I was training at the Sports Domes in Nimbasa City, and my Wingull evolved into Pelipper! (It's already registered in my Pokédex though from when I caught my shiny one.)

Spr_5b_279.png

I then passed through the Entralink Forest, and caught the Lickitung I befriended in the Pleasant Forest!

"Lickitung, the Licking Pokémon. Lickitung have tongues that can extend over six feet long. Being licked by this long, saliva-covered tongue leaves a tingling sensation. Extending this tongue causes the tail to retract, so there is a possibility they are connected."

279. Lickitung
Spr_5b2_108.png

And finally, upon returning to Humilau City, I was awarded a new medal at the Pokémon Center. Apparently Lickitung was the 10th Unova Pokémon I caught from the Dream World! (I had to think about it awhile, since I was curious which 10 they were, but I figured it out to be: Swinub, Heracross, Tropius, Carnivine, Slakoth, Corphish, Yanma, Croagunk, Larvitar, and Lickitung.)

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 84/125
New Medals:
Sleeping Capture

Years
The Journal of Mario the Pokémon Trainer:

It's the start of a journey! I chose Snivy as my first Pokémon and nicknamed it Nobuyuki. I also got a Pokedex.

I now have a Purrloin and a Patrat nicknamed Watchy on my team. I arrived in Floccesy Town. I visited Floccesy Ranch that has lots of flowers and plenty of wild Pokémon. Now it's time to explore this wide area!. My friend/rival Luigi also happened to be there as well, and we battled. We met the owners of the ranch and they said that one of their Herdier went missing. I follow Luigi to start the search.

I found Herdier with a suspicious person, who for some reason gave me a TM. After that, he fled.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
OT: Lacie 42392
Started: June 9th, 2012
Picking up White after taking a hiatus. I booted up my game and I left off with 5 badges in Mistralton City. Tirtouga, Servine, and Darumaka evolved sometime ago.

I went to the Celestial Tower, but I already defeated most of the trainers. I met Skyla at the top and allowed her to return to the gym to meet her demise. My Carracosta and Darm whipped her Pokemon. I think getting through the gym maze was more of a challenge than Skyla.

My team was lacking in diversity, so I traded a Tynamo from Black version. I raised her level enough so that she would soon evolve. I also equipped a Thunderstone so I wouldn't have to look for one. Anyways, I named my Tynamo Levina, which means lightning bolt, but it also reminds me of Leviathan.

602.gif

Nickname: Levina | Nature: Quiet​

She then evolved while defeating trainers in Twist Mountain, which I still currently am in. ;_;

the crew
497.png
:: Yasmin the Serperior:: Level 36
565.png
:: Halstein the Carracosta :: Level 42
555.png
:: Nachos the Darmanitan :: Level 39
561.png
:: Arsemio the Sigilyph :: Level 38
603.png
:: Levina the Eelektrik :: Level 39
515.png
:: Panpour the Panpour :: Level 11

Other journal entries:
June 9th, 2012
June 10th, 2012
June 11th, 2012

Years
I made my way back to Aspertia City and battled the Gym Leader. Things were not easy, but I won. Next stop is Virbank City.

I've now arrived in Virbank City. There's a large industrial complex in the city, and I went to explore. I encountered wild Magby, Magnemite, and Growlithe.

After challenging Virbank Gym, I traveled to Castelia City.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I have not been here in a while.

I completed my Unova Dex! Well... almost. The only pokemon I need is a Genesect and I am waiting for my friend to trade me one. Once, I have that my Unova Dex will be complete!

It is my goal to complete my National Dex before I get Pokemon X on my birthday (November 2nd). There is no way that is going to happen. I have started working on my National Dex by transferring all of the pokemon I have in SoulSilver that are unobtainable in Black 2, such as Chikarita, Bulbasuar, etc.

Wish me luck! I am going to need it...

OffRoadSP

Years
Good luck on that bold goal, Rai! And congrats on completing the Unova Dex. That's the goal I'm hoping to complete sooner than later... just 21 more to go!!

September 27, 2013

Dream World: Watchog. Found: nothing new; female Roselia with the ability Leaf Guard.
Dream World 2: Octillery. Found: female Scolipede with the ability Quick Feet.

September 28, 2013

Dream World: Stoutland. Found: nothing new; Beldum that knows Zen Headbutt.
Dream World 2: Wailord. Found: nothing.

I did some training at the Humilau Gym to help give my team experience.

September 29, 2013

I've rotated my team again, and this time brought out Growlithe, Leafeon, Claydol, Lunatone, and my recent caught Delibird.

Dream World: Simisage. Found: nothing new; female Growlithe with the ability Justified and a female Tropius with the ability Harvest. I've also started transferring the hundreds of items and berries I've amassed in the Dream World, but I may be too late to transfer all of them.

Dream World 2: Seel. Found: Basculin that can use Zen Headbutt. That was the last Unova Pokémon I needed from the Sparkling Sea! I still need a handful from the Pleasant Forest and Rugged Mountain, though.

September 30, 2013

It's time for one last trip to the Dream World for a few weeks, if not permanently.

Dream World: Simisear. Found: nothing new; female Teddiursa with the ability Honey Gather.
Dream World 2: Carnivine. Found: Durant that knows Endure.

So in the main Dream World, I found one of each Pokémon with the rarer special move, except for three: Poliwag that knows Sleep Talk, Bagon that knows Outrage, and Combee that knows Air Cutter. If only I didn't have large gaps where I wasn't going into the Dream World! Still, finding over 200 Pokémon isn't that bad, and in a lot of case I also found a female or the same Pokémon with the other special move. Not bad I suppose. And I racked up a lot of Dream Points too, which I hear might earn me a nice medal in the Kalos region…

October 5, 2013

I did a lot of training with my Pokémon today, and my Growlithe evolved into Arcanine after I used a Fire Stone on it!

280. Arcanine
Spr_5b2_059.png

After a bit more training, I finally retired that team of Pokémon. The next group up is Magmar, Glaceon, Zangoose, Solrock, and Mamoswine.

Years
October 8
-Started my journey and chose oshawott
-Schooled my rival hugh
-went to Floccesy ranch and beat my rival again
-Found herdier
-caught Sparkette the mareep
-Beat the little kids at Alder's place
-Beat cheren

October 9
-Got to virbank city
-Caught hobbes the growlithe
-trained my team
-Oshawott and Mareep evolved
-entered the gym

October 10
-Beat roxie
-Beat team plasma
-Followed them to Castellia city
-Met hugh in the sewers and beat team plasma again
-Caught ricky the zubat
-Beat burgh and colress
-Caught Lunettes the trapinch
-Got to nimbasa and beat the subway bosses
-Started to level up for next gym

Years
So in preparation for XY I decided to raise my in-game team to level 100 each, and as of last night I HAVE DONE IT! I have never done such a thing. My
Team all at level 100 is:
- Sid the Serperior
- Fez the Unfezant
- Scout the Arcanine
- Nefertiti the Cofagrigus
- Foo the Mienshao
- Party the Weavile

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

✿ Serena - October 12, 2013

495.png
Ivan (Snivy) - L9 - Hardy
540.png
Truex (Sewaddle) - L9 - Jolly
519.png
Kenseth (Pidove) - L8 - Careful
54.png
Brad K. (Psyduck) - L6 - Bashful
298.png
Johanna L. (Azurill) - L5 - Hardy

I've met up with Bianca at Aspertia City, she was waiting for me to give me a Pokemon and a Pokedex for my journey. She showed me three Pokemon: Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott. Granted, I've decided on Snivy, and named him Ivan. Because you know...it's an Ivy Snake Pokemon...kinda? Well, anyways, Then I met up with my friend..er, rival, named John. He had his Tepig, and then we both battled. Of course, I kicked his butt, seeing that Ivan and I could really bond quickly.

I'd see John later on in Floccesy City, Bianca taught me the basics of being a Pokemon trainer, like catching Pokemon, using the Pokemon Center, etc. She even handed me 10 Pokeballs to get started. Later on, I walked on Route 19 and captured two Pokemon on the way. One was a Pidove. I'm a huge NASCAR fan, so I've decided to name all the Pokemon I captured after NASCAR drivers. So, with the Pidove I captured, I nicknamed it Kenseth (after Matt Kenseth). Shortly thereafter, I arrived to Floccesy City and skipped on over to Route 20, where I captured my third Pokemon, Sewaddle. Due to its eventual nurturing of its evolved form, Leavanny, I named him Truex, after Martin Truex Jr.

Arriving at Floccessy Ranch after battling a dozen trainers out there (which strengthened my three Pokemon a bit). I met with John once again and we battled. I noticed his Tepig grew slightly...it was at Level 8. Truex was the lowest of the three, but I made him go first...until I called him back and released Ivan to battle. It was a no brainer for the three of them, as I defeated John once again. He wasn't all that mad, really.

He then helped me out with finding a missing Herdier which belonged to the ranch owners. In the meantime, I ran into more Pokemon in the wild. I caught two water-type Pokemon that I had never seen before ever. One was a Psyduck (named Brad K., after Brad Keselowski), and an Azurril named Johanna. I now have five Pokemon in my Party, but I felt that I was missing something.

Until next time, journal. ★​

Years
October 11
- Began leveling my team
- Faaffy evolved!

October 12
- Took on the gym
-Pwnd elesa
- Took on team plasma with my rival
- won
- took on charles and one
- made it to driftveil and began training again

OffRoadSP

Years
October 11, 2013

It's been a busy two weeks at work, with no sign of let up in the near future, so Pokémon training has taken a back seat to other priorities.

I did take my current team out for some significant training on Route 22. I had a few Magmarizers that I got from Alexa's Antique Shop on Green Grimer Avenue, so I used one on Magmar, and it evolved into Magmortar!

"Magmortar, the Blast Pokémon, and the evolved form of Magmar. Magmortar shoot 3,600 degrees Fahrenheit fireballs from their arms. When they do, their bodies take on a whitish hue from the intense heat."

281. Magmortar
Spr_5b_467.png

I retired that team of Pokémon, and then rotated the next group for training: Electabuzz, Sandslash, Seviper, Absol, and Metang. This time, I went south of Humilau City to Route 21 to explore it further.

October 13, 2013

When exploring more of Route 21, I found a cave entrance on one of the shores. According to the map, it's apparently the north entrance to the Seaside Cave. This must be how people travelled between Undella Town and Humilau City before the underwater tunnel was created. After doing significant exploring in the cave, I stopped in the Pokémon Center in Undella Town to rest my Pokémon. I unexpectedly received a new medal while I was there!

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 85/125
New Medals:
Hustle Muscle

I returned to the Seaside Cave, and found another exit further in. This exit lead to a small beach where I saw a large ship moored there. It was the Team Plasma Frigate! When I arrived, I found Marlon onboard, lowering a bridge to make a way to enter the frigate. Hugh arrived just a few moments after me. Marlon said he didn't want to get involved in our quarrel with Team Plasma, but did want to help Hugh and me out. Marlon took his leave, but the noise alerted the Team Plasma members on the ship. So Hugh and I boarded the ship, and battled the many Team Plasma grunts aboard.

October 14, 2013

I continued to battle aboard the Plasma Frigate. I stumbled upon an Electirizer in one of the cabins, which I needed and promptly gave to Electabuzz. Hugh and I did finally find Zinzolin, and he had already succeeded in capturing Kyurem! They drew upon Kyurem's power to freeze Opelucid City and the surrounding area. So that was their secret weapon! We battled Zinzolin, and won, but not before the Shadow Triad showed up and dumped us on the beach. The Plasma Frigate took off to the east. We were so close!

I stopped back in Humilau City to rest up at the Pokémon Center. After getting my Poké Balls back from Nurse Joy, I found my Electabuzz had evolved into Electivire!

"Electivire, the Thunderbolt Pokémon, and the evolved form of Electabuzz. Electivire close in on their opponents and shove their tails onto their foes. The instant they do, they send over 20,000 volts of electricity into the foe."

282. Electivire
Spr_5b_466.png

Later that evening, I found out Fennel was ready to send more Pokémon to the Dream World, so I figured I'd go back there to see what I could find, and I had a stroke of luck!

Dream World: Zebstrika. Found: Combee that knows Air Cutter! Finally, I found the last Pokémon I needed from the Dream Park. That leaves just two more Pokémon to find in the Dream World! We also found a female Drowzee with the ability Inner Focus.
Dream World 2: Croagunk. Found: female Crustle with the ability Weak Armor.
(I had an afterthought. If females are no longer needed to breed hidden abilities in Gen 6, I probably don't need to keep looking for them in the Dream World… hm, I'll think more about it later.)

I also earned another medal. It seems Electivire was the last electric-type Pokémon I needed to obtain in the Unova region!

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 86/125
New Medals:
Electric-type Catcher

I then left the Pokémon Center, and headed towards the cave I found at the end of Route 22.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

✿ Serena - October 14, 2013

495.png
Ivan (Snivy) - L12 - Hardy
540.png
Truex (Sewaddle) - L11 - Jolly
519.png
Kenseth (Pidove) - L10 - Careful
54.png
Brad K. (Psyduck) - L12 - Bashful
179.png
Dale Jr. (Mareep) - L12 - Relaxed

In PC:
298.png
Johanna L. (Azurill) - L7 - Hardy

I remained in Floccesy Ranch in preparations for my first gym battle against Leader Cheren. In the meantime I had caught a male Mareep named Dale (like Dale Earnhardt Jr.). It was a breeze to train him. Truex and Brad K. were training really well and reached up to L10, which was my goal. Ivan was already in L10 but I warmed him up for battle a bit. Kenseth needed a little help, but the one that was lacking so much patience was little Johanna. The training was too fierce for her, so I had to box her in, unfortunately.

After all of the Pokemon reached L10, I immediately healed them, and walked all the way back to Aspertia City, where the first gym was located. I walked inside the Pokemon Trainer's School, and battled the two trainers. Both of them students from the school. Brad was up first against the boy, and was raised two levels during that battle. Then Kenseth was up against the girl, but did not survive the 2nd Pokemon battle. Until then, Brad K took over.

Brad was up during the battle against Cheren. It was able to go against his L11 Patrat, but his L13 Lillipup was too strong for him. It was also strong for Dale Jr. as well. Truex was up next, despite the level difference by 3. Lillipup was already paralyzed by Dale's static ability, so that gave Truex so much advantage, even though Cheren gave it a potion to refill its energy. But it still didn't make way for the paralysis. Truex defeated the Lillipup with a few bug bites, and raised only one level, and won the match. It was a very close one.

I was given the Basic Badge and the TM Work Up. I was then given Professor Juniper's phone number by Bianca and my pokedex was upgraded. Afterwards, I was now on my way to the next city, Virbank.

Until next time, journal. ★​

OffRoadSP

Years
October 15, 2013

Dream World: Conkeldurr. Found: nothing new; Volbeat that knows Trick.
Dream World 2: Sunflora. Found: female Tympole with the ability Water Absorb.

October 16, 2013

Dream World: Throh. Found: nothing new; Aipom that knows Fake Out.
Dream World 2: Ampharos. Found: Karrablast that knows Megahorn.

I'm getting so very anxious to visit this Kalos region I keep hearing so much about. But first I have to stop Team Plasma!

I checked out the Hidden Grotto on Route 22, and caught an Amoongus with the special ability Regenerator.

Then I proceeded into the Giant Chasm to do some exploring, as well as to try to find Team Plasma. Not far into the cave, I came across a wild Sneasel! I sent out Absol to battle it, figuring a dark-type would be a good way to catch a dark-type. I had my Absol use Slash to weaken it. I threw a Poké Ball, and caught it on the first try with a critical capture! I caught a Sneasel! I'm getting closer to finishing my Unova journey, and completing the Pokédex. I wonder if there are any other Pokémon I have left to find in Unova?

283. Sneasel
Spr_5b_215_m.png

October 17, 2013

Dream World: Sawk. Found: nothing at all.
Dream World 2: Weezing. Found: Cottonee that can use Worry Seed.

I finished exploring the Giant Chasm cave, and found an exit that comes out not far from Lacunosa Town, where I was first told about Kyurem. I then went deeper into the cave, and it finally opened up onto a large crater. In the center of the crater was the Team Plasma Frigate, surrounded by ice. Just ahead of me, I saw Hugh, Rood, and a group of former Team Plasma members trying to talk some sense into the current Team Plasma grunts that were following Zinzolin. They did not seem to be succeeding. Hugh was battling many of the grunts, still searching for his sister's Purrloin. I decided to make for the Plasma Frigate.

I saw several wild Pokémon in the area, and was shocked to see one in particular: a Ditto! It used Transform to copy my Metang, but my Metang did well battling it. I threw a Poké Ball and caught it!

"Ditto, the Transform Pokémon. Ditto have the ability to reconstitute their entire cellular structure to change into whatever they see. They return to normal when they relax."

284. Ditto
Spr_5b_132.png

I then boarded the Plasma Frigate. There were plenty of grunts onboard that I battled through. During my battles, my Metang evolved into Metagross!

"Metagross, the Iron Leg Pokémon, and the evolved form of Metang. Metagross have four brains, which give them the intelligence of a supercomputer. They use complex calculations to analyze foes."

285. Metagross
Spr_5b_376.png

October 18, 2013

I fought Zinzolin yet again, and defeated him. Then, I finally found Kyurem in a lab on the frigate, and it looks like the lab belongs to Colress! He went on about how he wants to bring out the full potential of Pokémon by whatever means possible, whether by the love and care a trainer has towards his Pokémon, or forcibly through technology. I told him I'd show him the power of my Pokémon, and so we had a battle. His Pokémon have become much stronger than the last time we met, but my Pokémon were able to win. It wasn't an easy battle though! His Klinklang holding an Air Balloon was an unexpected twist.

After defeating him, I discovered the true mastermind behind Team Plasma's actions. It was Ghetsis! He planned on conquering Unova by using Kyurem's power to freeze all who stood in his way. I was going to attack, but the Shadow Triad showed up and covered his escape. Hugh entered at that point and finally found the Purrloin he was seeking. It was now a Liepard, now under the control of one of the Shadow Triad. I sent out my Pokémon to battle all three of them. They used an annoying number of Pawniards, as well as a few other Pokémon. After a long hard fight, I defeated them.

I chased Ghetsis off of the Plasma Frigate and into a cave at the back of the crater. Apparently, this is where Ghetsis captured Kyurem. And now both of them stand in front of me in the frozen cave!

"Kyurem, the Boundary Pokémon. Kyurem can produce ultracold air. It generates a powerful, freezing energy inside itself, but its body became frozen when the energy leaked out. This legendary ice Pokémon waits for a hero to fill in the missing parts of its body with truth or ideals."

Ghetsis ordered Kyurem to use Glaciate to freeze me solid. I was unable to dodge such a powerful attack, but I didn't have to. Suddenly, I heard a voice cry out:

"Reshiram, Fusion Flare!"

It was N! Riding in on Reshiram, he had it counter Kyurem's Glaciate. But it seems that Ghetsis planned for this. He used the DNA Splicers he stole from Opelucid City, and ordered Kyurem to attack Reshiram. Reshiram tried to dodge Kyurem's attacks, but eventually Kyurem struck, and Reshiram was reduced to the Light Stone! Then, at the order of Ghetsis, Kyurem absorbed the Light Stone, and changed its form. It became White Kyurem, a combination of Kyurem's and Reshiram's bodies!

N and I stared in horror, unsure what to do. Then I felt my Poké Balls shaking. All six of my Pokémon let themselves out! Electivire, Sandslash, Seviper, Absol, Metagross, and Grimer all had the angriest of looks on their faces.

"We won't stand for this!" I yelled. "We have to save both Reshiram and Kyurem! Grimer, use Ice Punch!"

My Pokémon attacked, landing a hit on the legendary Pokémon. But Kyurem used Ice Burn, and knocked out Grimer.

"Grimer, return! You did your best! Ok, time for a powerhouse! Metagross, Meteor Mash!"
Metagross moved very quickly due to its Light Metal ability, and struck a critical hit with Meteor Mash!

"Great job, Metagross!" I yelled. "Finish it with Bullet Punch!"

My Metagross quickly attacked with a barrage of steel punches, and White Kyurem was knocked out! The two Pokémon were separated, and Kyurem flew off and finally escaped Ghetsis's clutches!

Ghetsis was not too happy about that on bit, so he attacked for a full six-on-six battle! It was a long and tough battle, and I needed all six of my Pokémon to very slowly but surely beat each of his Pokémon, and finally defeat him! Also, Ghetsis had a Pokémon I have yet to see in Unova on his team.

"Toxicroak, the Toxic Mouth Pokémon, and the evolved form of Croagunk. Toxicroak have a poison sac at their throats. The croaking that they produce before a battle is for churning the poison they have stored in this sac."

With Ghetsis's defeat, the Shadow Triad teleported away with him, N flew off on Reshiram, and Colress took off in the Plasma Frigate, apparently convinced that true friendship between Pokémon and trainer is the best way to bring a Pokémon to its full potential.

Team Plasma is finally no more.

Back at the Pokémon Center in Lacunosa Town, I was awarded two more medals, since it looks like Metagross was the last of these types of Pokémon I needed to catch in Unova:

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 88/125
New Medals:
Psychic-type Catcher
Steel-type Catcher

Last edited:
Years
I am currently exploring Clay's Tunnel to find any items i've missed since i dont have access to a 3DS to play Pokemon Y at the moment i have completed Black 2 once (the game i am currently playing) and played through White 2 4 times before entering Clays Tunnel i was exploring Undella Bay and the Abundant Shrine

Party
1. Gardevoir Lv. 82
2. Leafeon Lv. 76
3. Luxray Lv. 80
4. Black Kyurem Lv. 100
5. Emboar Lv. 96
6. Zorarark Lv. 88

OffRoadSP

Years
October 19, 2013

Dream World: Leavanny. Found: nothing new; female Shuppet with the ability Cursed Body.
Dream World 2: Arcanine. Found: Maractus that can use Leech Seed.

I finished training the team of Pokémon that helped me beat Team Plasma, then sent the five back to Professor Juniper for retirement. I had the professor then send me Raticate, Vibrava, Tangela, and Seel. With my Grimer, that makes five.

"I finished studying your Pelipper you caught a few weeks ago," Juniper told me. "It's got quite a sassy nature, and is a little quick-tempered. It's picked a few fights with some of your other Pokémon."

"Well, my Grimer likes to fight, so they should get along," I replied with a laugh.

"It's just an unusual personality for a Pelipper to have," she continued. "Still, it might mean you could have success teaching it a variety of attacks. Should I send it over to you?"

"Yes, please," I said. "I'd like to start training with it a bit."

I received the Poké Ball from the transfer. I had my Grimer play a bit with it at the Pokémon Center in Lacunosa Town. The only moves it knows are Brine, Stockpile, Swallow, and Spit Up, so I really need to improve that first. So we started to work on learning Ice Beam!

I travelled back to Green Grimer Avenue, and stopped in at Alex's Colosseum to do some training with Pelipper. First, I gave it a bunch of Protein and Zinc, and even a half dozen Resist Wings. Then we trained its attack power, and followed it up with some special defense training. After a hard work out, I treated it to Bistro Leah for some treats and Salon Flint for some grooming.

October 20, 2013

I took the team out to a new area for some training and exploration: Route 23! On the way there from Lacunosa Town, my Tangela evolved into Tangrowth!

286. Tangrowth
Spr_5b_465_m.png

The trainers we battled on Route 23 were quite tough. I guess I should have expected that, though, as we are very close to Victory Road. During a battle with a trainer who had a Sawk, I decided to work on another new move with Pelipper. I won the battle easily, and Pelipper learned Aerial Ace!

Dream World: Scolipede. Found: nothing new; female Grimer with the ability Poison Touch.
Dream World 2: Magmortar. Found: female Maractus with the ability Storm Drain.

I reached the Badge Check Gate at the entrance to Victory Road. N was there, waiting for me. He wanted to thank me for helping him see that Pokémon battles and Pokémon trainers are about more than just keeping Pokémon in captivity, that both Pokémon and humans work together and help each other out. He thanked me for defeating Team Plasma, and wished me luck on the rest of my journey. Then he left. I feel that may be the last I see of him.

I decided to backtrack and explore another new area called the Abundant Shine. It is said to be a shrine to the legendary Pokémon Landorus, and is just off Route 14. When I stopped at the Pokémon Center in Undella Town, I found I had earned another medal. Tangrowth was the last grass-type Pokémon I had to obtain in Unova!

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 89/125
New Medals:
Grass-type Catcher

During my exploration on the area, I battled a handful of Pokémon trainers, and my Seel evolved into Dewgong!

"Dewgong, the Sea Lion Pokémon, and the evolved form of Seel. Dewgong have streamlined bodies that have low resistance as they swim around cold oceans at a speed of eight knots. In snow, the pure white coats covering their bodies obscure them from predators."

287. Dewgong
Spr_5b_087.png

I finished seeing the whole area, and found the shrine to Landorus. I wonder what would happen if I brought the Landorus I caught using the Dream Radar here? I might have to explore that later. I also found a Hidden Grotto tucked in the back corner, and caught a Psyduck with the special ability Swift Swim! I got lucky with a critical capture on that one I think. Finally, as I was leaving the area, I saw some wild Vulpix running near the fields!

"Vulpix, the Fox Pokémon. Vulpix control balls of fire. As they grow, their six tails split from their tips to make more tails. As each tail grows, their fur becomes more lustrous. When held, they feel slightly warm."

I hadn't seen Vulpix yet in Unova, so I chased a few around, and eventually caught one in a Poké Ball without even battling it!

288. Vulpix
Spr_5b_037.png

So I returned to the Pokémon Center in Undella Town, and I found I had earned yet another medal towards the medal rally!

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 90/126
New Medals:
Evolution Expert

I did a little more training with my current team, and my Vibrava evolved into Flygon! Just a dozen more Unova Pokémon to go!

289. Flygon
Spr_5b_330.png

OffRoadSP

Years
October 21, 2013

Dream World: Whimsicott. Found: nothing new; Riolu that can use Bullet Punch.
Dream World 2: Electivire. Found: Scolipede that can use Superpower.

5:35pm (Black 2)

I was training my team in the Seaside Cave, when suddenly, in the deeper level, I came across a different colored Golduck!

"No way!" I exclaimed. "That's a shiny Golduck! I can't risk knocking it out… I know! Raticate, maximize! Use Super Fang!"

My Raticate used its attack, and the Golduck struck back with Aqua Tail.

"Hang in there, Raticate!" I urged on my Pokémon. "Use Super Fang again!"

My Raticate landed another attack, and this time Golduck used Zen Headbutt to knock Raticate away.

"Great job, Raticate! I'll take it from here. Go, Poké Ball!" One Poké Ball was all it took.

I CAUGHT… A SHINY GOLDUCK!

055_01.png

On the way back to Undella Town, I caught a Jellicent in Undella Bay that had its hidden ability. Just 'cause it was there.

OffRoadSP

Years
October 22, 2013

I sent my new Golduck to Professor Juniper to check out. I then had her send me four more Pokémon to come with Pelipper and Grimer. This time Crobat, Gligar, Vigoroth, and my recently caught Vulpix get a turn. I'll need a Razor Fang if I want Gligar to evolve though, since I haven't come across one yet. I figure the best place to look is the area where I caught Gligar. So I decided to head towards Route 11, training my team along the way.

Dream World: Lilligant. Found: nothing new; female Wooper with the ability Unaware.
Dream World 2: Muk. Found: Tympole that can use Earth Power.

October 23, 2013

Dream World: Darmanitan. Found: nothing new; female Cubone with the ability Battle Armor.
Dream World 2: Jolteon. Found: Maractus that can use the move Spikes.

I did some training late that evening, and since I did find a Razor Fang the other day, my Gligar evolved into Gliscor!

"Gliscor, the Fang Scorp Pokémon, and the evolved form of Gligar. Gliscor dance silently through the sky. If they succeed in catching even a faint breeze properly, they can circle the globe without flapping once. When they approach prey, they can land critical hits in an instant."

290. Gliscor
Spr_5b_472.png

October 24, 2013

I did some more training with the team, and I had a Fire Stone in my bag, so I gave it to Vulpix so it could evolve into Ninetales!

"Ninetales, the Fox Pokémon, and the evolved form of Vulpix. Ninetales can live for a thousand years. Their nine tails are said to be imbued with a mystic, supernatural power."

291. Ninetales
Spr_5b_038.png

Dream World: Maractus. Found: nothing new; Carnivine that can use Rage Powder.
Dream World 2: Flareon. Found: Heatmor that can use Heat Wave.

October 25, 2013

Dream World: Garbodor. Found: nothing new; Magby that knows the move Thunderpunch.
Dream World 2: Leafeon. Found: nothing new.

October 26, 2013

While exploring the Giant Chasm again, I found Ghetsis trying to capture Kyurem again. This time, he was using the DNA splicers to fuse it with Zekrom! When Black Kyurem attacked, my Pokémon were able to rise to the challenge and defeat it, thanks in large part to Vigoroth's Yawn and Gliscor's immunity to electric attacks. After the battle, my Vigoroth evolved into Slaking! It was then thanks to Slaking's power, boosted by having its ability changed from Truant to Mummy during the battle, which allowed us to have a much easier time than the last time defeating Ghetsis again.

"Slaking, the Lazy Pokémon, and the evolved form of Vigoroth. Slaking are the world's laziest Pokémon and they live lying on their sides. They only roll over and move when there is no more grass to eat. When they are lounging during battle, they are actually saving energy for striking back."

292. Slaking
Spr_5b_289.png

Back at the Pokémon Center, I received a medal since Ninetales was the last fire-type Pokémon for me to find in Unova.

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 91/126
New Medals:
Fire-type Catcher

Then I rotated my team, retiring Crobat, Gliscor, Ninetales, and Slaking, and having Muk, Shuckle, Sneasel, and Corphish sent to me. Wait… since it's still pretty early on a Saturday, maybe I'll hold off on Sneasel for now. I switched it out for Ditto. I've got a full day with no other priorities, so time to get some solid Pokémon training in so I can wrap things up in Unova!

I took my Pokémon back to the Giant Chasm for some training, and my Corphish evolved into Crawdaunt!

"Crawdaunt, the Rogue Pokémon, and the evolved form of Corphish. Crawdaunt love to battle. They pinch all Pokémon that enter their territories with their pincers and throw them out from their ponds."

293. Crawdaunt
Spr_5b_342.png

Next I went to Route 23, and spent the entire afternoon there training. Once I returned to Lacunosa Town, I was awarded another medal.

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 92/126
New Medals:
Water-type Catcher

So I retired those four Pokémon, and had Steelix, Sneasel, and Tropius sent to me. Since I still had Grimer and Pelipper with me, I asked Professor Juniper to send me my new Golduck.

"Your Golduck is quite a serious Pokémon," Professor Juniper explained. "We've found it to be very finicky, too. Other than that, it's fairly average."

When I received Golduck, I scanned it with my Pokédex to see what moves it knows. Screech, Zen Headbutt, Aqua Tail, and Soak. I'd rather focus on teaching it some special attacks rather than having it know these physical ones, so we'll work on that.

Dream World: Amoongus. Found: nothing new; Ralts that knows Helping Hand.
Dream World 2: Roserade. Found: female Shelmet with the ability Overcoat.

I gave Golduck some vitamins to begin its training. It got HP Up, Calcium, and Zinc. Then I took Pelipper and Golduck to Alex's Colosseum on Green Grimer Avenue for some significant training. When we were done there, I treated them to some power meals at Bistro Leah. Next, it was off to Nimbasa City's Sports Domes to give the whole team some training. Then as we traveled to Driftveil City, I worked on teaching Golduck the move Scald. Once in Driftveil, there was a move tutor there who helped teach my Pelipper the move Seed Bomb! I figured that would be an interesting move for it to learn.

Finally, I returned to Route 23, where my Sneasel evolved into Weavile!

294. Weavile
Spr_5b_461_m.png

OffRoadSP

Years
Almost there! So close, I can taste it! :P

October 27, 2013

Dream World: Galvantula. Found: Bagon that can use Outrage! That's the last Pokémon I needed to find in the Rugged Mountain area. Just one last Pokémon to find in this part of the Dream World! We also found a female Dunsparce with the ability Rattled.
Dream World 2: Heracross. Found: female Krookodile with the ability Anger Point.

I did some more training with Pelipper and Golduck at Alex's Colosseum, followed by some special meals at Bistro Leah. I'm pretty much satisfied with Pelipper's training; we just need to finish up a little more with Golduck.

October 28, 2013

Dream World: Eelectross. Found: nothing new; female Larvitar with the ability Sand Veil.
Dream World 2: Pinsir. Found: nothing new.

October 29, 2013

Early in the morning, I took Golduck to Dragonspiral Tower to finish up its training. Then I trained the rest of the team on Route 23, and then retired Steelix, Weavile, and Tropius.

Dream World: Accelgor. Found: nothing new; female Abra with the ability Magic Guard.
Dream World 2: Volcarona. Found: Durant that can use Thunder Fang.

October 30, 2013

Dream World: Serperior. Found: nothing new; Mantine that knows Mirror Coat.
Dream World 2: Seviper. Found: Krookodile that knows Counter.

I was hanging out at the Pokémon Center with Grimer, Pelipper, and Golduck, deciding what to do next. I do still have a half dozen Pokémon left to train, but then I came to a decision. I'm going to search for Kyurem!

October 31, 2013

Dream World: Simisage. Found: nothing new; female Aipom with the ability Skill Link.
Dream World 2: Heatmor. Found: nothing new.

I called Professor Juniper and asked her to send me some friends I haven't seen in about a year. She transferred my Joltik and Karrablast over to me! Both looked healthy and extremely excited to travel with me again. Along with my Grimer, Pelipper, and Golduck, these Pokémon will form my core team for the remainder of my journey through Unova. The last spot I will rotate among the handful of Pokémon I have left to train. To start, I had Jigglypuff sent to me.

As I did some training with them, I decided to work on a new move with Golduck. Focus Blast will give it a little variety, and should work well for it being a special-based fighting-type move.

And after a little more training, I figured Halloween was the perfect night to break out a Moon Stone. I gave it to Jigglypuff so it could evolve into Wigglytuff!

"Wigglytuff, the Balloon Pokémon, and the evolved form of Jigglypuff. Wigglytuff can expand their bodies by inhaling air. Their fine fur feels so pleasant, those who accidentally touch them cannot take their hands away."

295. Wigglytuff
Spr_5b_040.png

November 1, 2013

Since I'm off from work today, I decided to get an early start on Pokémon training. After a little more work with Wigglytuff, I sent it to Professor Juniper for retirement, and then had her send Lickitung to me. By late morning, not only has Joltik been able to take its Hidden Power and refine it to learn Energy Ball, but my Lickitung evolved into a Lickilicky as well!

"Lickilicky, the Licking Pokémon, and the evolved form of Lickitung. Lickilicky have a long tongue that is always soggy with slobber. Their saliva contains lots of components that can dissolve anything, as well as a solvent that causes numbness. The numbness caused by their lick does not dissipate."

296. Lickilicky
Spr_5b_463.png

After more training, I was able to finish up with Lickilicky, and then traded it for my Yanma.

Dream World: Zebstrika. Found: nothing new; Spheal that knows the move Fissure.
Dream World 2: Tangrowth. Found: female Karrablast with the ability No Guard.

OffRoadSP

Years
I think I'll likely be saying good-bye to Unova after this weekend. We'll see!

November 2, 2013

I went back to the Nimbasa City Sports Domes to train my team, and my Yanma evolved into Yanmega!

"Yanmega, the Ogre Darner Pokémon, and the evolved form of Yanma. Yanmega have incredible jaw power. They battle by biting apart foes while flying by at high speed."

297. Yanmega
Spr_5b_469.png

Dream World: Leavanny. Found: nothing new; female Wobbuffet with the ability Telepathy.

I finished training Yanmega, rotated it out for Carnivine, and then trained awhile with Carnivine also. Once I was done with Carnivine, I swapped it out for my Croagunk. I also received a few more medals!

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 95/126
New Medals:
Normal-type Catcher
Flying-type Catcher
Bug-type Catcher

I spent the afternoon battling and training near Lacunosa Town, and my Croagunk evolved into Toxicroak!

298. Toxicroak
Spr_5b_454_m.png

I trained more with it then sent it to Professor Juniper for retirement. I then had her send my last Pokémon that needs to be trained. Together with my five shiny Pokémon, I plan on using this Pokémon to help me catch Kyurem, and complete the Unova Pokédex. I received the Premier Ball the professor transferred me, so it's time to train my Larvitar!

But first, I had a few more medals to accept towards the Medal Rally.

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 97/126
New Medals:
Fighting-type Catcher
Poison-type Catcher

I started to explore the Giant Chasm, which has become much colder than the last time I was here. I wonder if that means that Kyurem has returned? After a short while, my Larvitar evolved into Pupitar!

"Pupitar, the Hard Shell Pokémon, and the evolved form of Larvitar. Pupitar have bodies as hard as bedrock. They fly around wildly by venting with great force the gas pressurized inside their bodies."

299. Pupitar
Spr_5b_247.png

Then, I returned to the Pokémon Center for a little Pokémon break and for some dinner. I gave my Pokéballs to Nurse Joy, and I was awarded yet another medal.

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 98/126
New Medals:
Ground-type Catcher

Dream World 2: Mienshao. Found: female Durant with the ability Truant.

During our exploration on the Giant Chasm, my Golduck learned a new move! Instead of the physical Zen Headbutt, it learned to use Psyshock instead, making better use of its stronger special attack, yet still dealing physical damage.

A short while later, Golduck also learned Amnesia! This rounds out its movepool with a defensive move. Golduck has come a long way in a short time! It's a shame that I won't have more time with it as my Unova journey is coming to an end.

OffRoadSP

Years
Thank you to everyone and anyone who's read my record of my Pokemon travels over these last few years. I plan on continuing in the Kalos Travel Journal thread. Thanks again, and see you there!

November 3, 2013

The clocks went back an hour last night, so I got up early to finish my hunt for Kyurem! I returned to the Great Chasm and traversed the maze, battling some of the strongest wild Pokémon in Unova in order to train my team. Eventually, I made it to the center of the forest, when suddenly I heard a roar from overhead! A blizzard of snow started to blow in the area, and through the haze, I saw a silhouette of a large dragon flying towards a cave to the north of me. I pressed through the snow, and entered the cave. Standing in the center of the cave was none other than Kyurem!

"Everyone, come on out and help me out!" I released all my Pokémon. My Pupitar looked ready to battle, and then it started to glow. My Pupitar is evolving!

"Tyranitar, the Armor Pokémon, and the evolved form of Pupitar. Tyranitar can knock down mountains and bury rivers if they rampage. The quakes caused when they walk make even great mountains crumble and can change the surrounding terrain."

300. Tyranitar
Spr_5b_248.png

"Ok, Tyranitar, you're up first!" I was preparing for a very long, drawn out battle with Kyurem. "Tyranitar, use Rock Slide!"

Rock Slide hit, and was super effective! Kyurem merely used Imprison in return, leaving an opening for another attack.

"Quick, use Rock Slide again!" Another critical hit landed, and Kyurem seemed angrier. This time it struck back using Dragon Pulse! But Tyranitar took the hit with no problem!

"Way to go Tyranitar!" My other Pokémon were cheering it on too. "One more attack, hit it with Crunch!"

My Tyranitar got in close, and bit down on Kyurem, who was extremely weak at this point. (Read: in the red!) Now there's just the tedious task of throwing Pokéball after Pokéball.

"Ok, go Ultra Ball!" The Ultra Ball scooped up Kyurem, and it rocked once… twice… three times…

Click!

I stood there staring, just blinking.

Did I just catch the most powerful legendary Pokémon in Unova with a single Ultra Ball?

"Jol-tik!" Suddenly, my Joltik landed on my head and gave me a shock to snap me out of my astonishment. I can't believe it. I did it. My Unova Pokédex is complete. I caught Kyurem!!

301. Kyurem
Spr_5b_646.png

Back at the Pokémon Center in Lacunosa Town, I was deciding what to do next. First, I decided I would take one final trip to the Dream World.

Dream World: Scolipede. Found: nothing new; Shroomish that can use Focus Punch.

So close. I've obtained one of each Pokémon with a special move in the Dream World, except an elusive Poliwag that can use Sleep Talk. Still, that's not bad, all things considering. I also caught most of those Pokémon a second time with their other special move, coming up roughly 20 short. I also found a majority a third time as females with their hidden ability; but that might be a moot point, as I hear in Kalos even a male Pokémon can pass a hidden ability. I also found quite the plethora of items, though had to leave a lot of berries behind, since I wasn't aware of the limits on transferring items to the Entralink. Overall, not bad for two and a half years of the Dream World!

I also received another batch of medals towards the Medal Rally, and since I've passed 100 medals, I've been advanced to Elite Rank!

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 103/127
New Medals:
Ice-type Catcher
Rock-type Catcher
Dragon-type Catcher
Dark-type Catcher

Elite Medalist

I called Professor Juniper from the Pokémon Center. She was at a lab on Route 15. I traveled across the Marvelous Bridge from Nimbasa City and met her there.

"Well done on completing your Pokédex, Steve!" she congratulated me.

"Thanks, professor," I responded. "I'm not sure what to do next though. I'd like to see how my Wailmer is doing, so I might travel back to Hoenn. Or maybe I'll see my other Pokémon at Haley's ranch near Sinnoh."

"I have another idea for you," said the professor. "How about starting a new journey? There's a place called the Kalos Region where there are some new Pokémon even I've never seen before. And if I remember correctly, there are many more Pokémon native to that region than Unova!"

"Really? It took me two and a half years to catch 301!" I laughed a little, and then changed the subject. "What is this lab, anyway?"

"It's a lab focusing on Pokémon transporting," she informed me. "We can transfer Pokémon now, but the current system has its limitations. For example, I won't be able to transfer any of your Pokémon from Unova all the way to Kalos. But, we are studying a new method that might allow us to increase our range someday."

"Well, it would be awesome to see all my old friends again," I said. Then I took out my Pokéballs. "Everyone, come on out for one last time!"

Karrablast, Joltik, Grimer, Pelipper, and Golduck all appeared with a shine.

"Thank you, all of you." I looked at each one of them. "I hope to someday have you fight by my side again. And who knows, maybe I'll meet some new friends to join us."

Professor Juniper put her hand on my shoulder. "The boat to Kalos leaves in a few hours from Castelia City. I promise your Pokémon will be well taken care of at my lab in Nuvema Town."

I made the short journey to Castelia City, and then boarded the ship. As the ship left the dock, I saw a flock of Wingull in the distance. Then, a Pelipper appeared among them. Riding it was Grimer, Joltik, and Karrablast! Inside its large mouth was Golduck. They were all waving as the ship sailed away. I waved back, remembering the fond times we all had together in Unova, but knowing that it was time for me to move on.

Next stop: the Kalos Region!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back