The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old May 30th, 2013, 07:59 AM
kooba
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
Will this file load on Lameboy Nds?

I've been trying to play this emulator on my DSI
Old June 1st, 2013, 03:30 AM
amnher

what IPS patcher should I use? it seems the patched rom doesn't run on emulator for android but the original rom runs properly
Old June 3rd, 2013, 06:13 PM
or19937
Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!

Nature: Lonely
Eevee doesn't evolve into Espeon/Umbreon even with full happiness("It looks really happy! It must love you a lot").
Usually when it has full happiness it evolves right in the next level.
Is that a bug or did you change the way it evolves into Espeon/Umbreon?

Other than that, this hack is really fun :)

EDIT:

nvm, I just got a moon stone from dear ol' mom and tested it...

Last edited by or19937; June 3rd, 2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 07:01 PM
Malvoux
That Hacker DJ guy.

I like the idea, I just wish the graphics were beefed up like they did in Liquid Crystal
Great work.
Old June 4th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvoux View Post
I like the idea, I just wish the graphics were beefed up like they did in Liquid Crystal
Great work.
Um... let's sum this...
Liquid Crystal = FireRed hack => 3rd generation
Complex Crystal = Crystal hack => 2nd generation

Now you see why the graphics cannot be compared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by or19937 View Post
Eevee doesn't evolve into Espeon/Umbreon even with full happiness("It looks really happy! It must love you a lot").
Isn't max happiness something like "It something, it cannot possibly love you more. I'm happy just by looking at it."?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 14th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Lunedi

In 5 minutes my Totodile upped 15 lvls in Route 29 (The start) (VBA + Turbo Key)
This hack it's stupidly funny

EDIT:
Faulkner defeated with my Croconaw lvl 20 :3

EDIT 2:
Bugsy defeated with my Croconaw lvl 30 (And after the battle it evolved into Feraligatr <3)

EDIT 3:
Whitney defeated with my Feraligatr lvl 41

EDIT 4:
Morty defeated with my Feraligatr lvl 45

EDIT 5:
I Founded Charmander's Location (In the grass north of Olivine City, appears in lvl 5, and in the same grass appears Dratini lvl 10, Elekid lvl 25, Magby lvl 25)

EDIT 6:
Chuck defeated with my Feraligatr lvl 54

EDIT 7:
Jasmine defeated with my Feraligatr lvl 56

EDIT 8:
I founded a bug in the Radio Tower event, when i've defeated this rocket:

He doesn't give me any key

Last edited by Lunedi; June 15th, 2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old June 20th, 2013, 08:44 PM
kooba
Unhatched Egg

^ It's in your item slot. It's marked as "Basement key x1". It can still be used to open the door. Be warned as the item can be sold/dropped/etc. so I wouldn't recommend tampering with it.

Also, I've noticed in a few spots that certain trainers and wild pokemon haven't gotten their levels heightened accordingly like the other trainers. A prime example is the Rocket General female that you fight in Mahogany Town hideout alongside with Lance. Her pokemon are still in their early 20's whereas the general before her you encounter with the Murkrow that tells the password's pokemon are all level 58.

I wanted to let this be known incase you wanted to continue patching this game.
There are still a few errors as far as levels go, but I'm at the Goldenrod basement, at the moment.

Also, random question. When you encounter Celebi, does it have its Pokemon Crystal overworld sprite it had in the GS Ball event before battling it?
Old June 21st, 2013, 09:59 PM
Crysta Blade
Shooty Refutey

Nature: Quiet
I ran into a Basement Key problem, too. My item pocket was full and I didn't get it. I deposited an item and went back up to talk the fake director, but I still didn't get the key. After resetting, I freed up a slot and did the battle again and ended up getting the key.

Also, just as a note, there's a Beauty on Route 38 with a Lv.19 Corsola, compared to the Lv.30 or so Pokémon used by other Trainers.

Edit: For those of you with a hex editor, the Basement Key can be changed to how it works in normal Crystal by changing these offsets:

Original values:
$6B61: 40
$6B62: 01
$6B63: 50

Change these values to:
$6B61: C0
$6B62: 02
$6B63: 60

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
My Dangan Ronpa sprites are also available in avatar size!
3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
Formerly known as Suicune Girl.

Last edited by Crysta Blade; June 21st, 2013 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Found a fix
Old June 22nd, 2013, 09:51 PM
kooba
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crysta Blade View Post
I ran into a Basement Key problem, too. My item pocket was full and I didn't get it. I deposited an item and went back up to talk the fake director, but I still didn't get the key. After resetting, I freed up a slot and did the battle again and ended up getting the key.

Also, just as a note, there's a Beauty on Route 38 with a Lv.19 Corsola, compared to the Lv.30 or so Pokémon used by other Trainers.

Edit: For those of you with a hex editor, the Basement Key can be changed to how it works in normal Crystal by changing these offsets:

Original values:
$6B61: 40
$6B62: 01
$6B63: 50

Change these values to:
$6B61: C0
$6B62: 02
$6B63: 60
Not to mention the 3 sisters at the island on Route 34. Their Pokemon are surprisingly low-leveled as well (Levels range from 22-28).
Old August 21st, 2013, 01:16 AM
rafalgornicki256

That's a great hack

I would like to ask where can you encounter tododile and chikorita. Does have to be at night or day?
Old September 7th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Raxis

Does anyone know how to find the kanto legendaries like mew?
Old September 20th, 2013, 06:27 AM
EkshtrimSama

Nature: Adamant
First of all, a great hack! I'm really enjoying it

Another bug I found

Can't access the Battle Tower. When I enter, I'm stuck at the wall, and can't move. Different tries gave the same result. Anything I can do to fix this?
Old October 14th, 2013, 06:33 PM
bnouger

ive gotten to the point that i only need 9 more pokemon to complete the pokedex, thing is, im having an extremely difficult time finding seel and delibird, not to mention mew. i know that mew is in mount silver, but is it in the first or second room? plz help if possible.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 09:11 AM
BLAxTOISE

Okay, I've just beat the game till the Red's battle, but I want to capture some legendaries and the starters... I've been looking for them on the locations they are supposed to be according to the documents you give along with the hack, but there is nobody there :/
Old November 14th, 2013, 09:49 AM
jmc

In the latest version (Beta 1.33), Moon Stone and Sun Stone do not cause Eevee to evolve.
Old December 4th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Splash
But nothing happened.

Nature: Hasty
I hope the bugs get fixed, its a shame that the battle tower and the e4 end is scripted wrong. It took a while for me to finish it and when I saw the wrong script when lance records your hall of fame entry it seemed anti climactic :/

VM me.. I wont splash I promise!
Old December 16th, 2013, 12:29 PM
TomsonXD

Can you do the (MEBOY) version of this for mobile phone?
Old December 17th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsonXD View Post
Can you do the (MEBOY) version of this for mobile phone?
Doesn't MeBoy accept normal gbs/gbcs?
Just patch the ROM and put it into your phone.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 24th, 2014, 08:14 PM
tcsoccer11

How do i get to the document everybody is talking about? I can't find it! Plz
Old April 2nd, 2014, 10:36 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
It's pretty nice, still going through my playthrough of it and I have spotted a few things that aren't game breaking but still weird.

1. Some scripts seem off.
-The rival pushing the player back script is glitched because it makes the rival move one step right instead of moving left to push the player back.
-When Lance gets you into Mahogany Town's underground hideout, your begin to walk over the shelf and end the script on top of it.
-Something else I forgot, but it's no biggie.

2. Some people are unedited/overedited
-That one girl with the Corsola at lv 17
-The pokemaniac at Lake of Rage who wields a Nidoking/queen with relatively low levels
-Some Team Rocket members in the Mahogany Town base are unedited
--The Team Rocket Executives that guarded the Electrode factory were unedited
-Oddly enough, I found the Team Rocket Executive that guards the Murkrow to be overleveled as everyone was chilling with their level 43 Pokemon and he busts in with his AK-lv57's. It caught me of guard, but I think you meant lv47 and not 57 because that's too high.
-The female rocket grunt that guards Mary in the goldenrod radio tower has been unedited
-The three sages that guarded the Tin Tower with their eeveelutions and noctowls seem unedited
-Camper Quentin on Route 45 is unedited

3. Just little nitpicky things.
-The guy that usually has a Nidoking in the Lake of Rage area but was replaced by... Kangaskhan I think?... still talks about his Nidoking despite no longer owning one.
-I dunno, I think the Red Gyarados should be higher level to accommodate for the level increase, around 35-40 would've been nice. Same with increasing the level of Suicune when you fight him.
-I noticed the wild Pokemon are at the same level. Like, all hoothoots are lv 4 in the beginning route, never lower or higher. I dunno, I guess it just seems more realistic to have more level-varied Pokemon in a route instead of all the Pokemon being the same level.

All in all, nice patch! Still need to complete it though.

Last edited by Teh Blazer; April 3rd, 2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old May 12th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Shabranigdo

I found a 2 bugs. The first in the black room after beating Lance the character are not in the right place. Instead staying near Lance the character is under him. The second one is with the Leftovers, which was mentioned ealier. It doesn't recover the health per turn, but it works like a berry, but the stronger one. It really needs to be fixed, because Leftovers is important part of strategy.
Besides that, hack is still great. It is far more better than the original.

P.S If you want to, you could make the leaders able to battle again, but with better pokemons.

Last edited by Shabranigdo; May 12th, 2014 at 10:22 AM.
Old July 1st, 2014, 01:07 PM
Evilade

This looks like a lot of fun! Been looking for a crystal hack for a while as there's nothing quite like playing gen 2 for me :D I appreciate the increase in levels as I grind an abnormal amount, and I love that can get Houndour early - he's my favourite gen 2 pokemon and it never made sense to me that he's native to Kanto :I I'll let you know how I get on with this.

Also, on an almost related note I stared watching oitnb two days ago - great show finished the first season xD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here