The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old October 10th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform

Advertise here
Yeah, Carl is certainly becoming an interesting character as of late because of how cold he is becoming. While all of the characters are certainly losing any amount of civil behavior that they had left, Carl is losing it at a much more rapid pace than the others. He is really becoming more comparable to Shane now than his own father. It will be interesting to see if he finds his old self in this season and becomes a bit more civil and caring or if he continues down this dark and cold path to the point to where he becomes a danger to the rest of the group.

"Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass."
Old October 10th, 2013, 10:38 PM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michonne View Post
Yeah, Carl is certainly becoming an interesting character as of late because of how cold he is becoming. While all of the characters are certainly losing any amount of civil behavior that they had left, Carl is losing it at a much more rapid pace than the others. He is really becoming more comparable to Shane now than his own father. It will be interesting to see if he finds his old self in this season and becomes a bit more civil and caring or if he continues down this dark and cold path to the point to where he becomes a danger to the rest of the group.
Mature oh this is just the beginning for his character development in the comics it is fairly slow compared to how much he does later on where his character is really put in the spot light.

Also to bad the twins weren't in the tv show because one of them was supposed to kill its twin and carl would shoot him because he was a liability to the group which really showed how mature he has become and possibly foreshadowing that he could be just as cruel as his father is when situations get bad or not in the groups favor. With the twins I can understand because having another child shoot another child is wrong and wouldn't be in the good books with the media like whith michonne when something was supposed to happen to her really bad with the guv'.

Also there is a certain thing that happens to carl but it wont be this season since they have yet to finish everything with the guv his major character development starts now but it goes very slowly after that and well... it goes very rapid and BAM PLOT TWIST!er

PairTumblrAnime ListFriend Code
Old October 13th, 2013, 01:02 AM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Well after months of waiting with anticipation the day has finally arrived. In just a few hours we will all be watching the premiere of Season 4 and I don't think I have ever been so excited for a show in my life. This will be a great way to top off an already fantastic weekend. What is everyone's thoughts on tonight's show? Do you think we will see a lot of action and suspense so early on or will this just be an episode with not much happening other than to shed some light on what will happen throughout this season?

"Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass."
Old October 13th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Nature: Naive
I have a feeling it will mostly be about explaining where everyone stands now. How their little prison-city has developed and maybe some new important character will be introduced? I wonder how their closely knit family-group endured living with lots of other people. And I wonder how Carl is holding up :/
be sure to check out PokéPOTW #24 .
moderator of POKéMON GENERAL .
and of the ROLEPLAY CORNER .
paired to a b n e g a t i o n .
Old October 14th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Wow that episode last night was really breathtaking. I don't think that I have ever been that impressed with a season premiere of a show at all. I was expecting very little action and mostly just an insight on what the last month had been like and maybe shed some light on what would happen in the next few episodes, but we actually got a full action packed episode. I won't say much more to avoid any spoilers, but I was thoroughly impressed with that episode and those who haven't seen it I totally recommend doing that ASAP because you missed a great one!

Old October 14th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Donovan Baine

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michonne View Post
Wow that episode last night was really breathtaking. I don't think that I have ever been that impressed with a season premiere of a show at all. I was expecting very little action and mostly just an insight on what the last month had been like and maybe shed some light on what would happen in the next few episodes, but we actually got a full action packed episode. I won't say much more to avoid any spoilers, but I was thoroughly impressed with that episode and those who haven't seen it I totally recommend doing that ASAP because you missed a great one!
That was a great episode last night!!! I agree it was breathtaking, A great way to start the season : )

I will say I'm liking how Michonne is starting to show more emotions and her character is developing even more. I'm wondering what they are going to do with Judith??? That is what I'm most interested in and I want to know what predictions people here have on who is going next???

This is just me but I have a Feeling that Beth and Herschel might go this season.
Old October 14th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Gonna spoiler mine because of reasons.

Spoiler:
Carl grew up to be more mature than last season imo. Also, I really like how Daryl and Carol are a lot closer than ever, and I ship those two sooo hard! What really surprised me in this episode was that Beth's boyfriend died after being killed by a walker. It's a sign that she's just used to people dying and it didn't affect her at all. I think she's been through a lot of deaths and she knows that when people leave, it may be the last time they'll see them. I'm left on a cliffhanger at the ending though. I knew for a fact that Patrick was bitten but I also think it's the new virus that's been flowing around

ALSO OMG LIL ASSKICKER GREW UP TOO <3

I think Hershel may go this season, not Beth.
Old October 14th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
Okay, my thoughts on yesterday's episode.

It was a fine start to the season, in my opinion. I feel like many people were expecting to first episode to start off with a bang, guns ablazing due to that cliff hanger with the Governor in last season's finale, and those people are probably the ones that got very disappointed. Obviously, if you think about it, a start like that would make no sense as you'd use up all your fuel early and go off an an empty tank late in the season.

This episode was perfect as it showed where everyone stood a month after the influx of new people, and it also managed to bring forth a new threat, shown at the end of the episode.

One last thing.

PHINEAS, NOOO </3
Old October 14th, 2013, 12:21 PM
«Chuckles»

Hopefully this season progresses fast enough for them to get to the next major bit with... The hunters...
Spoiler:

Hershel will go sooner or later his role in the comics ended a while before the Guv. Also lol ass kicker is older yay. I have no idea what they'll do with her because of various reasons that I won't spoil and the governor not being killed yet cmon he died on the battlefield in the graphic novels. Also I have no idea why they stayed at the prison they left in the comics during the war since the prison was destroyed and they would have died if not for a herd.

Old October 14th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Donovan Baine

I'am looking forward to the hunters and see what other exciting ordeals are going to happen in the show. But I will write this next part in the spoilers

Spoiler:
I am really curious to see how they are going to get rid of Judith in the show because in the Graphic Novels she was killed by the weight of Laurie getting gunned downed by Lilly from the The Tale Tell Game.

I know it is cool to see Judith around for a bit longer but When they have to escape the prison in the way the show writes It will not be logical to keep Judith alive like with Shane if kept longer was hindering Carl and Rick's characters.
Old October 14th, 2013, 09:57 PM
«Chuckles»

Spoiler:
Yeah I agree since I really do not want to see judiths character development because it doesn't interest me and it again is hindering Carls and ricks character development especially Carl since he goes 'gangsta' until that thing happens.

Also how are they supposed to escape the prison and get split up since the prison wasn't destroyed soooo will the guv strike back since he can't really and I also hate how they have added so many people hopefully they get used as bait to escape... I wanna see Carl and Rick to hit the road before the hunters plot line comes in and go get morgan before meeting up with michone who leads them to the others. I AM DISLIKING YOU AMC!

Also I want to know how kickass Ezekiel and his tiger are gonna be... (this will happen in a very long time)

Old October 14th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Nature: Naive
I finally watched it! Awesome. I like how there are more characters and I sat on the edge of my chair all the time believing that Judith was dead already since they didn't show her until later in the episode ;; And pssh, Daryl's got all the girls clinging to him.

What, there are graphic novels? I know there's a "game" of sorts, but that's not what you mean is it?
be sure to check out PokéPOTW #24 .
moderator of POKéMON GENERAL .
and of the ROLEPLAY CORNER .
paired to a b n e g a t i o n .
Old October 14th, 2013, 11:59 PM
«Chuckles»

No by graphic novels I mean the better and original walking dead, with more things that they couldn't show on TV because it would be played late at night with an R+ rating because of rape, child abuse and such (is it child abuse if children kill each other and tear each others rib cages open while they are still a living person not a walker?)

They are comic books!

Old October 15th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Ryoutarou
新生ペガサス
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I've come to accept that the series probably isn't going to follow the comics very closely anymore. I think we'll get the major arcs based on the settings and big characters that appear, but there are already some big changes that would make the series difficult to fit into what the comic does later on.

Spoiler:
Not to mention, certain characters who have already died in the comics have stuck around on the TV series because they've become so popular. I honestly don't see the show killing off any of its "big 3" - Rick, Daryl, and Glen. Especially Glen. I just can't see the TV series having him die in the brutal manner his comic counterpart faced.

--

Also doing the sign up thing

-Username: Ryoutarou

-Favorite character and why: Daryl. Mostly because he's shown some great evolution as the series has gone on.

-Character: Apparently I'm closest to T-Dog. Totally didn't see that one coming.

Quote:
What, there are graphic novels? I know there's a "game" of sorts, but that's not what you mean is it?
He means the comic book series that the TV show is based on. If you've not heard about it or read it, I'd recommend giving a few issues a try. It's very fast paced and such a good read, though not as introspective as the TV series, it's still great for the cast of characters it has. It recently celebrated its 10th anniversary as well, so with that and the TV ratings in mind, The Walking Dead is probably going to be around for ages. (comparing where the show is right now against the comic book, we would only be about 50 issues into its current 117 issue run)

Paired With Signomi - Brothers with Arcanine
Old October 15th, 2013, 11:43 AM
thepizzatree

Now here is a group i would love to join

Username - Thepizzatree
Favorite character - Darryl, because he is such a complex character who i think have had the most growth in the series.
And in the test i acctualy got Darryl, so thrilled about that

Old October 15th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Donovan Baine

I know It will not be like the Graphic Novels and I like that, Due to the fact it still leaves some mystery and keeps me on the edge of my seat. I think that Rick, Darryl, Carl, Maggie, Glenn and Michonne will not be killed off any time soon.

I also know there are a lot of characters that the fans love but they have to go sooner or later, Shane was a prime example. Yes I did enjoy his extended role but I feel he was delaying the development of Rick and Carl's characters. As well the Story started to Drag with Shane around still. I can guarantee if Shane pulled his Crap in front of Michonne, Shane's death would have been more brutal.

Spoiler:
But I do think it is time for Carol to go.
I really like Herschel and Beth here as well too but I feel Time is running short for Herschel and Beth will have to go in the future. I also have a funny feeling Tyrese maybe losing his lover and sister sooner then we expect

As well want to Sign up for this group : )

-Username - Donovan Baine
-Favorite character and why - Even in the comics as with the Show it is Michonne. I like how they are still staying true to her character in the comics but there are new twists and mysteries with her still. Plus I love that Michonne is one of the examples of a Independent Strong Woman.

- The character I was most like Was T-Dog and I can agree with that. If T-Dog did not die in the show he would still be tough as nails but be logical as well too.
Old October 15th, 2013, 09:51 PM
«Chuckles»

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoutarou View Post
Spoiler:
Not to mention, certain characters who have already died in the comics have stuck around on the TV series because they've become so popular. I honestly don't see the show killing off any of its "big 3" - Rick, Daryl, and Glen. Especially Glen. I just can't see the TV series having him die in the brutal manner his comic counterpart faced.
Remember though this will not happen for a long time so we can still love him more, I like Kirkman for that he likes to kill of popular characters so it becomes emotional for the reader which is good and bad since I hate seeing my favorite character killed but it makes me love the book because the write was brave enough to do so.

Old October 16th, 2013, 07:32 PM
LindseyTNamez
Wataru's Dragon Protege

Nature: Sassy
Username: LindseyTNamez

Favorite Character: I'm gonna be in the minority here but Merle was my favorite. He was so dedicated to his brother and he gave everything to keep him safe and give him what he wanted, which was the people at the prison. The fact that he also was one handed and still kicked serious butt was awesome! It doesn't hurt that Michael Rooker is a looker!

The character I got was Andrea. While I wasn't too fond of Andrea in season 3 I otherwise loved her and especially when she went into buttkicker mode at the end!

I like the comics more than the tv show and I just enjoy knowing people who watch TWD! I went to comic con in Philly and got to meet Jon, Norman and Michael and they're all super nice and funny! I'm pumped for season 4 and can't wait to see what comes of it!
Old October 24th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

I can't believe that no one has posted here in regards to the last episode D: What was everyone's thoughts on it? I was quite surprised and quite saddened by the ending. Poor Tyreese just can't catch a break and it was a shame to see that potential love end so early. I am really excited though to see this week's episode and where the show stands in terms of the prison. With this "flu" going around, they HAVE to be ready to finally move on. Or at least I hope so.

Old October 24th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Oh dear lord, the influx of people. :x I SWEAR I'll get to that asap!

But that episode was amazing, I'm extremely pleased. Question, though, who was Beth mourning over?
Old October 24th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Beth was mourning? Gahhh I totally don't remember that, but I do remember the scene where Michonne was very obviously upset while holding Judith. I cannot wait to see the backstory behind that.

Old October 24th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

It looked like Beth, anyway, might have been wrong.

And omg, Michonne. ;~;
Old October 24th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

I am so happy that we are getting to see more of Michonne this season ;; She seems so much more real this season and is really forming a strong connection to the rest of the group which I just love <3

Old October 24th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Fairy
loves you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoutarou View Post
I've come to accept that the series probably isn't going to follow the comics very closely anymore. I think we'll get the major arcs based on the settings and big characters that appear, but there are already some big changes that would make the series difficult to fit into what the comic does later on.

Spoiler:

--

Also doing the sign up thing

-Username: Ryoutarou

-Favorite character and why: Daryl. Mostly because he's shown some great evolution as the series has gone on.

-Character: Apparently I'm closest to T-Dog. Totally didn't see that one coming.

He means the comic book series that the TV show is based on. If you've not heard about it or read it, I'd recommend giving a few issues a try. It's very fast paced and such a good read, though not as introspective as the TV series, it's still great for the cast of characters it has. It recently celebrated its 10th anniversary as well, so with that and the TV ratings in mind, The Walking Dead is probably going to be around for ages. (comparing where the show is right now against the comic book, we would only be about 50 issues into its current 117 issue run)
Rick seems awfully abundant with limbs these days, ne? :I

Spoiler:
Also I agree 100000% I seriously doubt they'll kill off Glenn, and especially not the way he was dispatched in the comic. With such a huge fan following Kirkman would literally be alienating like 40% of TWD's watchers if he did that lol.

And also wow I have not posted here in forever but it's okay lol. Still watching and it's still good. :) I sincerely hope they give Michonne some real depth of character considering Andrea is no longer in the picture. I'm still praying for tanks too.. but I'll save that rant for mid-season.
Old October 29th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
So what do you guys think of Sunday's episode?

Spoiler:
SASHA IS GOING DOWN! At work, we have a "who's going to die" pool and I'm already down one out of five (Karen died). Sasha is also on my list as well as Hershel, the Governor, and I don't remember the fifth person xD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here