Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Notices

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 14th, 2013, 01:50 AM
FireOfExile
2363-5961-4897 (3DS)

Nature: Jolly
Chrome, because everything is Chrome in the future.

Spoiler:
oh god i hope nobody else made that joke yet

My school uses Internet Explorer. The other day one of my classes was in the computer lab. After everybody left (except the teacher) I quickly ran around the room and typed in "WE WANT GOOGLE CHROME" as the username.

Let's hope they listened when I get back to school tomorrow
Old October 16th, 2013, 03:00 PM
zoo3891

I use Firefox. Part of the reason is that I don't like Google (the company) much anymore and made a big effort to switch from their products that I could last year, and the other part of it is that I like being able to use about:config to customize just about anything I'd want to.

It also does exactly what I need with the fewest extensions or add-ons, which is a nice bonus.
Old October 25th, 2013, 01:50 AM
Adventure
Seer of Light

Nature: Naive
I use Chrome. It's just much more neat and the placement of buttons and stuff makes more sense to me than Firefox's. Also when I switched from Firefox to Chrome (albeit long time ago) the increase in load speed was tremendous.

Haven't touched Internet Explorer since my father's old Windows 98 computer :] I just remember it always wanted to install all these annoying extrabars.

HOMESTUCK

Beta Kids Collab: Rose

paired to abnegation

mod of Pokémon General
& Roleplay Corner

Homestuck Fanclub

Old November 21st, 2013, 07:52 AM
Tsutarja
Happy Halloween!

So what browsers do y'all use on your mobile devices? On my iPod Touch 4G I use the default Safari browser, even though I have Google Chrome for iOS installed.. and on my Nexus 7 tablet I use the default Chrome browser, though I wish the AOSP browser for Android worked for it ;;

Happy Halloween!
mod pairs family tumblr twitter pc social sites
Old November 21st, 2013, 07:54 AM
Starry Windy
I'm bzzy like a Combee.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
On mobile devices, I usually prefer more of Opera Mini because it saves much of my money due to compressed data, even though sometimes I have to rely on Opera Mobile because it handles the Javascripts better.
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
On semi-hiatus due to business, but I'll be fully back soon!
Old November 21st, 2013, 09:59 AM
MKGirlism
3DS and Wii U Game Developer

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to MKGirlism
I use Chrome on my Galaxy Nexus, but not to often, because my Phone starts to Bug, if I use Chrome for long enough.
This includes Lag, Disappearing Keyboards, etc., and they end with a spontaneous Reboot.
~Yami
Old November 21st, 2013, 02:00 PM
AwesomeRob
Congrats!

Nature: Naughty
Chrome is my favorite, mainly due to its customization.
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old November 27th, 2013, 06:12 AM
GreyVirgo
•=ØInfinityØ=•

Nature: Serious
Long ago it was IE then FF then Opera then Chrome then FF again then I transferred (Not Torch) back to Chrome.... Mozilla is getting slow now... Soooo..... Google Chrome.
Pair: Saturnus

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
Old November 27th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I use Chrome as my main browser on everything (PC, Mac, Phone). My alternate browser on my PC is Internet Explorer and I guess the alternate on my Mac is Firefox, but I've never really needed to use a second browser on my Mac.

It's only in the past year or so that I've gotten used to Chrome. I was Firefox all the way for so long but it got really bulky and it runs so slowly that I don't really bother with it anymore. I like that Chrome syncs across all my stuff so I always have access to my account no matter where I am.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old December 6th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Knormageddon
King of Stronk Style

I use Chrome. I used to switch between Chrome and Firefox, but Chrome is just more for me, so I stuck with it.

I've only used IE to download both of those browsers.
youtube (¿coming soon?) twitter playstation network
Old December 6th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Mara
All your base are belong to us

Nature: Rash
I use both Opera and Chrome. Firefox is my back up browser in case the other 2 don't work. I also have Safari since it was the default on my mac.
Old December 8th, 2013, 03:32 AM
Juno

Another Chrome fan. c: I haven't used Firefox in years so it's hard to make comparisons, but yeah, switched to Chrome many years ago for some reason I don't remember anymore and haven't looked back.

I do use IE for my Surface Pro though, because it was clearly designed to use that browser, and Chrome does not run as well on it imo.

As for handhelds, I use Safari for my iPod and Chrome on Android.
art blog tumblr
Old December 8th, 2013, 05:46 AM
MKGirlism
3DS and Wii U Game Developer

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to MKGirlism
Well, I have a Surface Pro too, but I use Chrome on it.
I know Chrome lacks Pinch-Zoom, Scroll, and any other Touch-based gestures, but the Touch Screen acts weird under Windows, so I turned off the Touch Screen Driver (leaving the Pen Touch still in-tact), and since the Pen works exactly like a Mouse, the lack of gestures aren't my concern, because at least I can sync my Bookmarks, Tabs, etc. over 10 Devices (Phone, PCs, Macs, etc.), no matter if I'm using my home Computer, my work Computer, or my family's Computers.
~Yami
Old December 8th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
On my phone I use Firefox due to the last pass add on. Love not having to remember my passwords!
Old December 14th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Demon Days
Element of Magic

Nature: Quiet
Firefox master race. Any browsers based off it that are even better?
oh hey is this a placeholder

Old December 15th, 2013, 03:21 AM
pokemasta92
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Nature: Naughty
I use Internet Explorer 11.
Contrary to popular belief, Internet Explorer is very close to the speed of Google Chrome. It is slightly faster on average for startup and navigation, but if everything is running properly, IE takes less than one second longer than Chrome to load. I honestly don't know why everyone still complains about it today. I think some people just judge it based on the last time that they used it, which could have been years ago on an old version. IE 11 is very fast, super easy to navigate, and has the best support through internet, email, and phone than any other browser. It also finally has spell check, a feature that has been wanted for quite some time.

This is my opinion on some other web browsers:
Chrome: Amazing web browser, very fast and simplified, but I still prefer IE because of nostalgia and it just works great on Windows.
Firefox: Was pretty fast, but slow at times. It has some customization, but I never fully understood how to navigate every button like with IE.
Opera: I don't use it on the computer, but it works great for basic phones without Android or iOS.
Safari: It was very slow on my PC, but works fine on my iPod Touch.
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old December 15th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Skybro
Pure Epicness.

Nature: Adamant
Google Chrome FTW.
Internet Explorer is basically for old people.
Like a Baws
Old December 15th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Tsutarja
Happy Halloween!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybro View Post
Internet Explorer is basically for old people.
Microsoft really has improved Internet Explorer over the years, so I suggest you give IE 11 a try if you haven't already.

Sure that can be said though about versions 8 or prior, but I honestly think IE has gotten up to par of Chrome and Firefox, though it still doesn't quite render some CSS elements properly, such as image cursor files in png format.

Happy Halloween!
Old December 19th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Minuteman III
More Boosters!

Nature: Hasty
For my personal stuff (like here), and when I'm on a Linux box, Firefox has always worked for me. I abandoned IE when it was still on version 6 (and our computer had Win98SE ), and I never looked back.

All of my 'official' stuff (and Dwarf Fortress, for some reason) is on Opera. I switched from Chrome after Google announced the end of sideloading extensions into it, since my YT enhancer required sideloading.
I still can't understand the lack of bookmarks in Opera.
Old December 21st, 2013, 12:14 PM
Sylphiel
over the borders // across the lines

Nature: Quirky
Firefox all the way for me.

The story why: back in...I believe it was 2003, I had a desktop running Windows 98 that would blue-screen every. single. day. No lie. I couldn't figure out what the problem was, and it was really annoying me, but a restart would fix it (until the next day, obviously). I was using IE at the time, and for some reason I decided to try out FF.

...Gone were the daily blue screens! (Took more like a week for it to blue screen then, until the hard drive crashed but no browser could help with that ah ha.) Since then I've shunned IE unless I absolutely need to use it somehow, and FF has been my default browser. I've tried others, but they've never really "clicked" with me at all. :( So I end up just going back to FF because it's what I'm most used to using.
» Paired with Ausuadriel, yo.
» I also make pictures. Sometimes.
Old December 21st, 2013, 01:46 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
On my Linux desktop, I ran chromium for a bit but Firefox just ran better on it. So I'm using that. :)
Old December 21st, 2013, 07:30 PM
Tsutarja
Happy Halloween!

Okay so IE 11 is amazing. I watched flash player content in IE earlier today and it didn't even max my CPU to 100, so I may consider using IE for watching Youtube and other stuff.

Happy Halloween!
Old December 21st, 2013, 08:29 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I used to swear by Firefox, but I tried Chrome for a particular website, and ever since that day I've stuck with Chrome. I'm a horrible creature of habit, and I like that Chrome saves my passwords across different devices, like my tablet.

Hearing about how IE has improved, I'm going to give it a try now! From what I used to hear about it, I stayed away, but I'll give it a good try and see how it works. I did use it before for a few websites and had no problem with it like I used to.
Old December 21st, 2013, 09:09 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I've probably already posted this, but my primary browser at this point is Firefox. I've used Chrome and Opera regularly since initially switching to Firefox in 2005.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuteman III View Post
For my personal stuff (like here), and when I'm on a Linux box, Firefox has always worked for me. I abandoned IE when it was still on version 6 (and our computer had Win98SE :8:), and I never looked back.

All of my 'official' stuff (and Dwarf Fortress, for some reason) is on Opera. I switched from Chrome after Google announced the end of sideloading extensions into it, since my YT enhancer required sideloading.
I still can't understand the lack of bookmarks in Opera.
Bookmarks used to be there in Opera 12, but sometime between then and Opera 18, bookmarks were done away with and instead your "speed dial" pages are supposed to be used as substitutes for bookmarks.
Old December 23rd, 2013, 09:56 AM
Minuteman III
More Boosters!

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Bookmarks used to be there in Opera 12, but sometime between then and Opera 18, bookmarks were done away with and instead your "speed dial" pages are supposed to be used as substitutes for bookmarks.
Ah, thank you! I'll try to remember that.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links