The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner Go here to Roleplay (RP) about ANYTHING. Enjoy joining and creating RPs.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 27th, 2013, 09:11 PM
machomuu
Gungnir!

Nature: Relaxed
Kagome
Lv. 15||Floor 1

Phoenix and the PK were gone, Phoenix having aided in the PK's escape. She seemed frustrated that the others were getting in the way, and she was probably going to settle the matter on her own. Kagome didn't feel good about this, and instantly took out a transportation crystal of her own to follow suit. Turnip seemed to be venting about Phoenix, which was hardly surprising considering her attitude, words, and actions. Both of the warriors who were still with her were angry that the PK escaped.

"I...thank you guys, for all that you've done. Regardless of whether you had me in mind when you acted or not, I couldn't have asked for better teammates," she said. Kagome sent out a friend request to Turnip, Robin, and Lucina. Robin said his goodbyes, assuring her that they would retrieve the box, and she smiled at that. She then turned to Turnip and said, "well, regardless of whether Robin trusts you or not, I sure do...and I'm pretty sure Godot does, too." She inspected his mask a few times and said, "One of these days, I want to see you without the helmet. Somehow." She then stepped back a bit, smiled and waved, using her crystal and returning to the Town of Beginnings.

Once she arrived, she immediately looked for Phoenix and the PK. She didn't waste anytime looking around the common grounds for them; no, considering the amount of attention that the PK had garnered, they were no doubt out of open sight. Instead, Kagome took to the alleyways, as if he wasn't in one of those, they could have been anywhere. She didn't have to search particularly far to find the two, and once she had, she hid behind wall that made up the outside of the alleyway and listened in, wondering how she should go about making an entrance. This wasn't just for the sake of Nirvana, but also for the Phoenix. She started to wonder about the girl, it truly was the same person who became a Phoenix...though she seemed different. Very different. Phoenix was just a nickname Kagome gave to her, but it appeared that the girl even referred to herself as Phoenix. Though, if she was the same girl as before, her name should have been Shiren. She was Godot's dead friend...well, dead up until a couple of hours ago. She wasn't exactly sure how to address her- not in name; rather, as a person. She seemed to have something of an attitude and, from the little that she knew of Godot's short exchange with her, she certainly didn't want to be treated like a child, nor did she act like one. Well, she did act like one in a few ways. From the way she talked, she seemed mature but contrarily she was more than appropriate for someone of her age.

"That sword and cloak belong to the girl back there who beat the boss, and..." That was all that she heard Phoenix say, and she felt something sharp in her head. I shouldn't be hearing this... she thought to herself, pushing herself off the wall and walking away. She didn't feel it right to listen in on the conversation, it didn't feel right. Instead, she would simply have to wait and see what would happen, but she was still curious as to why Nirvana killed Saito in the first place. The timing of his death, as well as the method, just didn't make any sense. She was far from convinced that Nirvana was an average PK, and he certainly wasn't some bloodthirsty killer as others often stereotype them as. No, there was more to him then he let off...but she would have to investigate some other day.

Last edited by machomuu; September 28th, 2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old September 28th, 2013, 07:44 AM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

Turnip
HP 100% | LV. 13 | XP 88% | Col 563
Location - Floor 1: Dungeons

Thoughts of floor 2 raced in Turnip’s mind – were there different monsters, different shops, different loot, different things in general? It could be anything up there. On the other hand, it could always just be one other floor of a hundred. Still, he’d have to give the floor a little scope out, hopefully find a good grinding spot before the day’s end. Wait, what time was it anyway? He didn't have time to dwell on the question as Kagome started to speak.

"I... thank you guys, for all that you've done. Regardless of whether you had me in mind when you acted or not, I couldn't have asked for better teammates,"

The talking was accompanied by a notification; Kagome had sent him a friend request. His first, actually, in his time playing SAO. Turnip considered the offer – he didn’t know how friend status would react to his partial NPC status, but it was probably best not to dwell on such things.

“Well, I’m going to regret this.” He murmured with false-pessimism, poking the ‘YES’ that appeared before him.

Robin spoke, "This marks the end of the party, as Illfang was slain. Turnip," he stared at Turnip's visor for a moment, "try not to get into any trouble,"

So now Robin was leaving too. Probably for the second floor, as was most likely the norm. Turnip wasn’t sure if ‘the party’ was ever truly in effect anyhow, since it was more-or-less just the group fighting near one another with vague co-operation, and as for Robin’s advice, Turnip wasn’t entirely sure that trouble would stay away from him. He chose not to elaborate on the subjects, though, and simply gave Robin a casual salute as he left.

“Oh, all right. See you, I guess.”

And so, Robin walked away. Turnip wasn’t really sure what to make of the guy – did Robin trust him, or not? Where did his allegiances lie? Turnip may cover his face, but it seemed to him that Robin came off as even more mysterious than he did.

Kagome was surprisingly on-topic with his train of thought, "Well, regardless of whether Robin trusts you or not, I sure do... and I'm pretty sure Godot does, too. One of these days, I want to see you without the helmet. Somehow."

The girl seemed a little too interested in his helmet for Turnip’s comfort, and the suggestion that he would ever remove it was pretty much beyond him. That said; the notion that she – and hopefully Godot, also – trusted him was almost shockingly meaningful. Turnip noticed the teleport crystal in Kagome’s hand as she began to smile and wave. So pretty much everyone was going somewhere, then – Turnip would be alone again, for now, although he supposed it would allow him to get back to power levelling.

“Thanks, Kagome, it means a lot.” He told her quietly, “For the record, though, this helmet stays on.”

The armoured figure gave a short wave as Kagome teleported away, then he turned and strode towards the stairs, into the great unknown. Solo again. He was surprised at how sad he was at the prospect – although, to be honest, any sort of emotional feeling in general was a surprise for the helmeted man. It wouldn't be outlandish to suppose that he’d meet up with some of the people he’d met again, anyway; Turnip suspected that pretty much everyone would be there when the second floor’s boss room was discovered, and maybe he’d run into some other people even before then.

Stepping out onto floor 2, Turnip noticed from the general positioning of the artificial Sun that it was around evening time. He was pretty sure that SAO days were real-time, bloody hell, that day had gone quickly. The boss battle had taken a really long time, and even though it had still seemed like ages, Turnip wouldn’t have guessed that it would have taken up such a large portion of the day.

Looking around, the buildings of Urbus stretched out a little while into the distance. Beyond that, a large tree seemed to dominate the horizon – Turnip was getting some Avatar and Icewind Dale vibes from that thing. What was it about just one, massive tree? All other trees were just regular, and just one of them turns out bloody colossal. Not two or three, just the one. Looking down, closer to him, the walls of Urbus’ buildings formed into various pathways. Something caught his eye on the one closest, a small scribbling that he could barely make out.

“That looks like… ‘Taka was here fi-’, oh, that son of a…” Turnip smiled at the bard’s antics. He knew no-one else who would bother to scrawl a ‘first’ message on the wall of a building with marker pen.

He supposed, since it was evening already and he was in a city, an inn would probably be his best bet. He knew now that SAO imposed bodily needs on its players, which still annoyed him, but it was best to just get the sleep over with and then get up early tomorrow to get some exploration in. As if on cue, Turnip also noticed that his belly began to cry out for sustenance.

“Dammit, stomach.” He muttered, “I’d kill you, if you weren’t me.”

The armour-clad man honed in on the nearest inn, opening the door and hailing the NPC innkeeper. There seemed to be a distinct lack of players, but that was expected. If there were any, it was likely that they’d be upstairs, anyway – people generally didn’t choose to sleep on the ground floor in the parlour, and it seemed that a lot of people tended to keep some food on their person.

“What food do you have- Oh, bacon in a bun! Three, please.”

And so, Turnip found a wall between two tables, leaned against it, and began sliding the various components of bacon buns into the black void. He wondered if anyone of ‘the group’ was here, or if they’d come here soon. If so, they’d have the great experience of witnessing the black hole that was his method of eating.

Old September 28th, 2013, 08:38 AM
銀ヤミ
Living for Another

Nature: Lonely
«火の鳥»
The Adorable Katana Warrior

Town of Beginnings
x
CHAPTER I,
Part V:

"Recovery"

"I'm not exactly sure if this is what you're thinking of when you mean something interesting to trade, but here. I'm not exactly sure how someone can hide the identity of a message's sender, but I had just gotten to the boss room when it was sent to me, which probably meant they were there and close enough to see me. I don't know why they wanted me to kill Saito, and to be honest I don't really care, but someone obviously wanted him dead. Make of it what you will."

"Hmmm..." Phoenix examined the message, though she did so with a disinterested frown. "I'm not sure if I could really make anything of that..." She paused. "This has no worth to me... But everyone seemed really freaked out back there, so it must have at least some importance to someone else..." She contemplated. "I don't really want this, but I guess I could hold onto it..." She pressed a few keys, altering the trade from 50,000 to 55,000. She finished the transaction, and examined the cloak for her own curiousity's sake. She turned to leave, but stopped and faced the PKer once more. "A-and don't take that as anything but my generosity!" She turned and left him to do whatever he needed/wanted to do.

As she continued her quick-walking path through town, she realized that she was heading toward someone she'd actually been looking for. "Hey, lady," she started, tapping the woman on the shoulder in case her first grab at her attention wasn't enough. "You killed the boss, that means the cloak belongs to you." She opened her menu with a flick of her left index finger and generated the cloak into her right hand, holding it up to the woman while still cycling through her menu. "At first I thought I was getting it for myself, but I knew it was meant to be yours. Besides, I know a trick to make super-good 'armor' on my own, so the cloak would only be taking up an equipment slot for me." She smiled a bit and bowed to the woman very briefly after closing her menu. "Everyone calls me the Phoenix, because I fight with fire-based Sword Arts, and because I've beaten near-death encounters like it's nothing." She reopened her menu, examining her own stats briefly with a sigh. "Of course, I was max-level and had more skills than this, so I'm not sure what happened... It doesn't matter though, I guess the game just crashed or something, and reverted to a previous point in time... That's what makes the most sense anyways." Having returned the cloak, she turned and began a walk toward the exit of town, heading in the dungeon's direction. "I'm off to the second floor, see ya!" She waved at the woman behind her.

Old September 28th, 2013, 05:07 PM
<Challenger>
Live with the flow, baby!

Nature: Jolly
Taka the Lovable Poet: Level 14 - 0 Exp - 3200 Col
Eating at an Eatery With Good Eats

Taka sighed as he watched countless players enter the floor, including a few of his friends from the boss battle. There was Robin, Lucina, a businessy looking man he had seen in the back of the room, and even Turnip! He was tempted to intercept the armored-man, but he decided against it, butt would show bad form. After a while of watching people from the alleyway Pay no attention to the man in the corner wearing a shady cloack, he moved his hood off and let his blonde mane flow. The poet strode into the center of the plaza and scanned the buildings for a place that seemed to have good food. He chewed his lip in thought and stroked his chin. What am I in the mood for? Perhaps... "TERIYAKI!" He cried out, an extatic tone in his voice.

Taka ran over to the restaurant with the name of Teriyaki Tourney as fast as he could and did a somersault-leap into the first stool he found empty. He laughed excitedly. Teriyaki was his favorite food! Any kind! Anywhere! "Excuse me sir!" He beckoned to the nearest NPC. "I would like-" Several moments of a blank face later, he cried out. "I'll have whatever people say is the best." That was obviously the safest way to go. Even more moments later, the waiter brought him what seemed to be regular teriyaki...But it was better than regular teriyaki. It. Was. Heavenly.

"Guys who don't appreciate a nice set of hips are about as good as preschoolers."
Old September 29th, 2013, 09:09 PM
PinkSapphire
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to PinkSapphire

Lucina
Player level 15
Floor 2: Urbus town.

Lucina closed her eyes for a second until she heard the door of the bathroom open and close. She turned her head a bit out of suprise and opened her eyes wide when she found Robin standing there in the opening. Both of them stared at each other while there was a silence. There went a lot of things through Lucina's head. She was asking herself why Robin was standing there in the opening and if she wasn't imagining things.

"What the hell!!" Robin broke the silence first as he shouted and immediately left the room. " KYAAA!!" Lucina couldn't help but scream as loud as she could and hide her female parts. After a few seconds she noticed that Robin was gone and tried to calm down while still having a red glow all over face. "He saw me naked... He saw me... Naked..." thinking about it didn't quite help her out and made her panic again. She locked the door of the bathroom and got out of bath to dress herself. "Did he see... It...?" She whispered to herself, referring to the large scar on her back. This was one of the things that Lucina found weird in this game. Your body seemed like it was copied from the one in the real world.

Lucina left the bathroom after a while and stood next to Robin without directly looking at him. He was sitting on the floor against the wall and seemed like he didn't rush inside the bathroom on purpose. "I'm sorry for forgetting to lock the door..." Lucina apologized after a long silence. She wasn't expecting Robin to apologize and closed her eyes to think.

Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old September 29th, 2013, 09:50 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Bashful

Robin - Lvl 11
Floor 2: Urbus Town Inn
EXP: 38

That image will not leave his mind, no matter how hard Robin tries. There was also something else in that image of Lucina. There was a scar on her back. How on Aincrad did she get that scar? She obviously got it from the real world at some point, so Robin shouldn't further question it.

Robin rubs between his nose, thinking hard as Lucina comes out of the bath. Robin hastily puts on his hood to hide his red face, at the same time avoiding eye contact with her. She apologizes for not closing the door, definitely her fault. "Yes, that was definitely your fault..." Robin didn't know what else to say besides that. This situation was awkward as it is, mostly for Robin.

Standing up but still avoiding eye contact with Lucina, Robin looks around trying to break the tension, "So that...scar," Robin is a bit curious. "I won't ask about it," but he beats his curiousity. If Lucina isn't comfortable talking about it, Robin won't question. What else was there to talk about then?

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with PinkSapphire
~Dia+PS~
Old October 1st, 2013, 07:59 AM
machomuu
Gungnir!

Kagome
Lv. 15||Floor 1

"Hey Lady."A chill ran down Kagome's spine as she felt something tap her on the back. Had she been found out? The voice that called out to her definitely belonged to Phoenix, but she didn't sound particularly mad...in fact, she was the most casual Kagome'd ever seen her. "You killed the boss, that means the cloak belongs to you." Kagome was taken aback by this. Even though she knew that the girl had intended to give it to her, she was still surprised that she actually would. After all, the girl only met her a couple hours ago and they hadn't spoken once. Not to forget that it is a boss item, of all things, and she wasn't obligated to give it to someone else. "At first I thought I was getting it for myself, but I knew it was meant to be yours. Besides, I know a trick to make super-good 'armor' on my own, so the cloak would only be taking up an equipment slot for me. Everyone calls me the Phoenix, because I fight with fire-based Sword Arts, and because I've beaten near-death encounters like it's nothing." Kagome received a notification saying that she received an item.

"Thanks...Phoenix." She felt weird calling her that, now that she knew that that was actually her name...or at least, that was what she was called. Though she raised an eyebrow at Phoenix's despondent mention of being max level, wondering exactly how that was possible, especially given how early in the game they were. She wouldn't have believed her, normally...but her brother was able to come back twice a day and her faux-brother used a fishing rod as a weapon, so she was pretty open to the ridiculous. It was food for thought.

Kagome was mostly speechless, the girl really was being incredibly generous. The more she thought about it, the more it boggled her mind. She could barely even let out her words of thanks. Maybe it wasn't kindness. No...rather, it seemed that Phoenix was acting out of chivalry more than anything else, but that hardly made it any less generous. She waved to the young phoenix as she departed. She equipped the cloak and said, "Well...I guess it's time to make a new Buster Sword."
Old October 1st, 2013, 08:21 AM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

Turnip
HP 100% | LV. 13 | XP 88% | Col 518
Location - Floor 2: Urbus Town Inn

Turnip glanced up at the ceiling as he heard muffled shouts and screams of shock on the floor above him. He paused his eating for around two seconds, then looked back down and resumed. There were other players here, then. In the short while after arriving at the inn, he’d noticed a slight influx in the amount of players arriving – looks like news had got out that floor two was open.

It occurred to Turnip that maybe he should check out what the commotion upstairs was, but it was a safe area, and he was feeling tired. So long as they were safe, they could rot in hell for all he cared, which is sort of contradictive. Still, there were times when Turnip would intervene, and times when he wouldn’t. If there was to be any kind of problem, then there’d be a load more commotion later – commotion that would stop him from getting any rest, and so he would react to it on his own accord.

The armoured figure soon polished off the third and final bacon bun, happily filled for the day. He figured he should probably get the sleep in now, so he could get up earlier tomorrow; not being one to get a room for the night, though, Turnip simply leant back on the wall and folded his arms, his head lowered slightly. He figured it might not be allowed, but if the NPC innkeeper wanted to fight him over it then she was welcome to try. Turnip supposed that he could always pretend that he’d been awake the whole time anyhow, if need be.

Planning various exploration and grinding prospects for the day ahead, Turnip tried to ignore the increasing background noise and drift off to sleep.

“Um, excuse me?”

Turnip’s eyes opened again at a pestering voice in front of him. He was tired, and tired meant grumpy. He glanced up at the young woman in front of him, but said nothing and kept his head still.

“C-could you please lend me some money for some food? I- I’m too frightened to fight monsters, and my family, th- they…”

The armoured figure tried to judge this apparently helpless woman. He was quiet for a few seconds, and just as she was about to start talking again, he spoke:

“You can piss off. No-one with that attitude would be that eager to be on floor two. You’re lying. It’s a pretty despicable way to get a free dinner, if you ask me.”

Turnip was just guessing, of course, but he’d never know if he didn’t try – plus, he was hardly going to get fleeced out of what little col he had left after buying Boomeraxe. The woman appeared to choke up for a little while, sniffling and burbling barely audible questions, but after a few seconds of Turnip’s faceless gaze she stopped, demeanour changing in an instant.

She put her hands on her hips, “Aww, you’re no fun…”

“If your definition of ‘fun’ is giving you money, then yeah, I agree entirely.”

“Come on, now, can’t I just have a little bit of col? I mean, I don’t really have anything to give you, but-”

“-No, I don’t care.” Turnip silenced her with a wave of his gloved hand.

“Hey, why not?”

“Because I’m not stupid, you bloody cretin. I’m not making any deals with a swindler. That’s like rule one of not getting swindled. Now get the hell out of my sight.”

The young woman pouted, “Oh, or what, you’ll make me? A big guy like you hurting a sweet little-”

Her eyes barely had time to widen in shock before a Draw Steel caught her in the side of the face, flinging her like a ragdoll over the adjacent table and into the side wall of the inn. The building rattled slightly, and the woman was understandably a little dumbfounded. Turnip sheathed his sword and returned to his position between the two tables.

“The door’s on your right.” He called. The young woman stood up a little groggily and then made her way out of the door. Even in a safe area, it was safe to say that receiving the full brunt of Draw Steel wasn’t really a pleasant experience. Still, had Turnip seen it, he would have been surprised at the amused - if a little shocked - smile that appeared on the woman’s face.

The helmeted man didn’t bother himself more on the subject of the woman, and instead settled down to what would hopefully be a calm remainder of the evening.

Old October 1st, 2013, 10:17 AM
Nauje
feel good hit of the summer?
Community Supporter Tier 1

»S C Y K E«
DAMON EAGLE

» Floor One
» XP: 57%
» Health: 42%
» Player (Level 14)

Labyrinth/Boss Room (FL1)
“Stardust? That’s a beautiful name you’ve got there. I’ve never heard of that one before.”

Stardust’s cheeks brightened slightly with red, but she quickly covered it up with a laugh.

“Hah, thanks. My brother actually picked it for me at the start of SAO. Said it was the name of his favourite card from Yu-Gi-Oh or something… can’t exactly quite remember. Scyke itself is pretty unique too. Bit like that phrase “psych” that some guys used to say back in college…”

Scyke couldn’t control a smile when he heard the end of Stardust’s speech. It was exactly that which had inspired his username. It used to be his favourite phrase to say, even to a point that it was like part of his identity whenever he played games online, friends or strangers. He used to always burst out and say “PSYCH!” whenever he managed to defy odds and manage to do something which seemed impossible, as if it was all a trick of some kind. It was all back when Damon used to be more charismatic, more enthusiastic… now all the phrase gave him was memories. He hadn’t used it even once in SAO.

“S-Scyke? You there? You kinda phased out for a second.”

Scyke jolted back to reality, before responding with a sorry to Stardust. She raised an eyebrow for a moment, before shrugging and moving on.

“Well, I originally came to ask you if you knew what happened to the boss, as I was a little too late for the battle. Kinda got distracted by grinding so couldn’t get here in time.”

Scyke’s expression dropped when he heard Stardust asking him about the boss battle. He hadn’t even managed to touch the thing, and he had no idea how the battle had went as he seemed to have passed out half the time. He explained this to Stardust, who seemed to have took notice of his change of tone.

“Erm… if you passed out then I guess it makes sense that you wouldn’t know anything about it. Well, I was kinda hoping to know who took the main boss loot so that I could trade some of my Col with them, but I guess that’s out of the question now. Couldn’t have been that great, seeming that it’s only the first floor. Anyway, I’ve probably took a lot of your time Scyke, so I’ll be off to floor two now. Catch up with ya next time we see each other, eh?”

Scyke watched as the brunette walked past him, smiling and waving. He nearly raised his own hand and nearly said goodbye himself as well, but something stopped him. Something inside urged him not to leave her. Something insisted him on calling her back, to walk alongside her rather than part ways. It was a new feeling for Scyke. He hadn’t had felt a need for companionship ever since his fatal loss of his best friend in the first day.

“Hey Stardust, wait there…” Scyke said, reaching out for her hand in the process. The girl looked surprised by the intervention. “I was wondering if… if we could, you know, travel together. I know we just met a few minutes ago, but I’m alone right now, and have been ever since SAO began. And I want to change that. Think of us as… temporary partners in battle. We can help each other get stronger even quicker and get out of this damn game. So whatdya say?”

Stardust was really taken back now. Her mouth was wide open in surprise for a second, before sinking her lips in as she deeply thought about the request. After a few moments she sighed and gave a friendly smile to Scyke.

“Well… travelling together won’t hurt, I guess. And if it makes me stronger quicker, than why not? Sure, I’ll accept your offer Scyke; you seem quite strong and... friendly. Remember what you said though; temporary partners in battle.”

Scyke grinned at seeing his wish being fulfilled, letting go of Stardust’s hand before it got too awkward. The two continued talking while heading towards the portal together.

Old October 2nd, 2013, 04:22 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Maria Renée {Princess}
Guild: The Flaming Blade
Level: 13

“Princess, you’re part of the company. That means that you’re free to come to the company vacation tomorrow, and I’ll let you invite whoever you want.” she heard Ryuusa say as he hugged her. The moment he did Maria closed her eyes and let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding in. Something about the way Ryuusa hugged her, and acted reminded her of her father. This helped her calm down slightly and she allowed herself to smile. As Ryuusa stood up he looked at them I’ll send you guys a message with a time and place tomorrow, but for now I’ve got work to do. See you all tomorrow!”

Right after he left Zeus stepped up to her and grabbed her hand pulling her to her feet. "Tout ira bien se passer, vous n'aurez pas perdre de nous Princesse." he whispered.

"promesse" she looked from Zeus to Poseidon as the other boy took her other hand. Zeus quickly translated to Poseidon.

"we Promise" They both said leading her towards the teleport. Looking back Maria nodded goodbye to the others that worked for Ryuusa's company before she stepped in the teleport. Once they reached the second floor Zeus looked around before leading her to an inn neither boy letting go of her hands. Quietly Zeus booked two rooms.

"you get one room Princess we'll take the other" Zeus told her as they stopped at the doors to the rooms.

Maria nodded hugging both boys tightly. "goodnight" she said before entering her room. With a sad sigh Maria crawled into bed and burrowed under the covers before closing her eyes and falling asleep.

Old October 2nd, 2013, 06:37 PM
<Challenger>

Taka the Lovable Poet: Level 14 - 0 Exp - 3000 Col
Going to Bed

Taka groaned with pleasure as he finished off the last of the teriyaki on his plate. Dear God....That was amazing! He felt as if there were no words he could say that could describe the feeling he felt for this food. For once in his life, Taka was speechless. He payed the kindly inn keep and made his way for the room he had payed for as well. He had payed for the one closest to the stairs, which in all honesty was quite comfortable, furnished with a bed, a bath tub, a couple of chairs here and there, a dresser, and an end table.

Taka sighed and unequipped Poetic Justice for the first time since he had received the blade. Odd...I feel strangely lonely without a blade... He was, for once, completely defenseless. "Well..." Exhaustion sat in as he unequipped his cloak and basic armor. He stood naked for a few moments before he realized he was filthy. A poet cannot survive without three things: Music, teriyaki, and purity. "To the bathtub!" He cried out weakly and stumbled into the room. He began to fill the tub until he was satisfied with the temperature. "This...Will be enjoyable." Taka eased into the water with a moan of pleasure. Never before had the bard experienced such a great feeling!

Two hours later Taka awoke with a start. Oh no! I'm going to be...PRUNIFIED! He leapt out of the water and looked at himself. He had really shriveled up a bit. Curses... He pulled a towel from a nearby rack and dried himself off, put his mane in a ponytail, and equipped his sleeping garment: Light blue boxer shorts and a white tee shirt. He plopped onto his bed and smiled. Today...Today I made friends...Today I helped save the world of SAO...Today...Today I helped defeat a boss. His mind began to race with thoughts of the like racing through his mind as he crawled under the covers, and soon enough, the energetic bard drifted off to sleep.

"Guys who don't appreciate a nice set of hips are about as good as preschoolers."
Old October 3rd, 2013, 04:56 PM
銀ヤミ
Living for Another

«火の鳥»

Urbus > Urbus Inn
x
CHAPTER II,
Part I:

"Rise from the Ashes"

Phoenix stared at the single name in her friend list: Kenshi. She wondered why it was the only one left on her friend list, but her question would soon be answered. When she pressed it, the name disappeared, leaving her friend list empty. Puzzled, she stared blankly at it until another menu popped up. "Player not found." Right after she closed that, a crystal dropped into her hands; a recording crystal. When she looked up, she saw the plaza of Urbus filling with players. Deciding the inn was her best bet for a quiet place to listen to it, she headed in that building's direction. A robed figure crashed into her but kept running past, nearly causing her to drop the crystal. "Hey, watch where you go, jerk!" The figure didn't even react, just kept on running. Sighing, she continued to make her way toward the inn.

After hastily paying the NPC for a room, Phoenix headed up the stairs in a hurry. Though what she'd heard halfway up made her freeze.

"So that...scar," Phoenix panicked for a moment, until she heard "I won't ask about it."

Realizing she'd overheard someone else's conversation, she headed up the stairs and through the bath hall, noticing-- Hey, a guy and girl from the boss room-- and hey, there's the guy she tried to stab! "Oh, hey, sorry for trying to kill you!" She told him somewhat casually and hurriedly as she walked past toward her room. When she closed the door behind her, she had to double-take at the room. Four beds, each at the corners of the room. She picked the one against the wall that the door was connected to, but in the corner furthest from the door. She unequipped everything except for the blue dress and her active-inventory pouch (just in case). Placing the crystal on the end table against her bed, she sat over the bedside and tapped it, changing its color and starting the recording.

"Look, I don't have much time, so I've got to make this fast." It was a deep and raspy voice that was all-too-familiar to her, but the urgency and tensity of his tone rubbed her the wrong way and she felt as though something bad would come of it. "If you are listening to this, you're in the official release of SAO, and dying in the game means dying for real." Her eyes widened with shock. That certainly explained why everyone was so serious about the PKer earlier, and that fact made her feel somewhat guilty for her choices of words and actions. "I know you can't remember a whole lot, but your mother, your brother, and myself are all in the game. We bought the game and joined it to save you, wherever you are." Wherever I am? Where am I? Am I missing? "But I'm afraid our games end here. We indebted ourselves to a PK Group to help you further, but I'm afraid we couldn't pay them back, and they're taking our lives as payment."

"NO!!" Phoenix shrieked, her eyes welling up in tears and she held her hands over her mouth and quivered in place, visibly shaking as she listened. "No..." She muttered, tears streaking down her cheeks.

"Please don't cry," he added, almost as if he knew she was crying. "I know this is going to hurt you a lot, but you've got to recover from it, you've got to make it out of this game! I don't know what you'll do without the three of us, but you'll think of something. You're too young to die, especially over a game! You've got to recover from this stronger than you were before! Is that not what you named yourself as, a Phoenix?" There is an unintelligible shout coming from the background, getting gradually louder. "I'm out of time. Please remember Hono, we all love you, we've always loved you and we'll never stop lo--" The voice ended immediately at the sound of metal slicing air and then flesh. A woman's scream is heard in the background, and after some quick footsteps are heard, the recording beeps to signify its ending.

Hono couldn't hold it in anymore. Tears were flooding from her eyes so quickly she had to close them. "Dad..." she tried to say, but no sound came out. Her crying was all that echoed in the large, empty room, as she curled herself into a ball, hugging her knees against her chest and crying quietly into her knees.

Old October 9th, 2013, 01:46 AM
PinkSapphire
Let's change the future

New IC day!!!

24 December

It's the 24th of December! This means that today is.Christmas eve. The Christmas celebration will be hold in Urbus Town and will start at 5 on. The large tree on the second floor will be decorated with Christmas lights.

It's a bit snowy today and colder than it usually is.

Special quests: the bulletin board on the first page will be updated as soon as possible.

Lucina
Player level 15

"Yes, that was definitely your fault..." Robin confirmed that this was all Lucina's fault just like she had expected. She was about to scold him bit decided to not make this worse than it already was. There was an awkward silence between the two until Robin decided to break the ice but it wasn't something that Lucina enjoyed speaking of.

"So that...scar," Robin started. Lucina immediately looked up and started to look pale. He had indeed seen it... It was stupid of Lucina to think that he hadn't seen it because it was impossible to not notice such a huge scar. Robin said that he wouldn't ask about it and Lucina appreciated it but then the awkward silence was back. Suddenly she heard the girl from earlier come up to them and apologise to Robin. She was gone quickly after that and made Lucina raise an eyebrow.

"That scar..." Lucina mumbled after a while when it got silent again. "My little sister and I got attacked when we were children. The maffia was after my father and because he hadn't given them what they wanted they decided to hurt his daughters." Lucina didn't face Robin because this was something she didn't usually speak of but... he didn't know her in real life so she thought it would be okay. "I got that scar in attempt of saving my little sister." Lucina finished. She looked at the floor as the memories of that day were still fresh in her mind.

Lucina heard someone crying and walked towards the room where it came from. "Hello...?" Lucina opened the door and saw the girl from earlier sitting on the bed and hugging her own knees. Her name seemed to be "Phoenix". "Are you alright...? What's wrong...?" Lucina sat down next to her on the bed and spoke with a gentle voice.

Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell

Last edited by PinkSapphire; October 9th, 2013 at 02:12 AM.
Old October 9th, 2013, 10:11 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User

Robin - Lvl 11
EXP: 38

More silence. It's calming, but also awkward. ShirenX, Robin's adding X for no reason, soon passed by & apologized to him for almost killing him. Robin was wondering about this new personality of hers, or rather, is she really was Shiren at all. Lucina broke the ice next, explaining about her scar. It was a surprising story, but somehow feels common in everyday life.

"Such an experience could change anyone..." Robin lets out. It didn't make Lucina comfortable talking about her traumatic past. She doesn't take this story likely. Robin feels honored to know about her story. He now knows about her family as well.

Well, enough of these talks. Robin isn't into socializing, & it seems Lucina follows ShirenX into her room after they hear a loud noice. Maybe now I can get some peace & quiet. It was okay speaking to Lucina, but no more talking for Robin. He steps inside a different bathroom & gets in the tub. As he's soaking, he thinks back to Lucina's past, as well as why Saito was killed. ShirenX took Nightmare somewhere, & she's here now. So much to learn. Tomorrow, Robin will ask ShirenX what she did with Nightmare. Tonight, rest.

As he headed to his room, Robin sighs lightly. That <<Friend Request>> from Kagome has been bugging him for a while now. He's not here to make friends. His only purpose is to free everyone from this death game. Friends would just put him in...guilt. What if they died, & it was because of Robin? He hesitantly taps his finger on <<No>> & gets ready for bed, taking off only his cloak.

Tomorrow, this floor will be explored & see what's different from the open beta. Tomorrow, a new day dawns...

~Dia+PS~
Old October 10th, 2013, 07:04 AM
銀ヤミ
Living for Another

«火の鳥»

Urbus Inn
x
CHAPTER II,
Part II:

"Rise from the Ashes"

Hono sniffed and gave a slight glance to the girl who entered her room. "Hello...? Are you alright...? What's wrong...?"

"Nothing," she replied bluntly. Though almost immediately she felt an unusual guilt. It wasn't something she'd expected, though it soon became obvious why she felt it when the words echoed in her mind. You can't handle this all on your own, you have to make friends. You are a strong young woman, but even the bravest warriors had allies to fall back on. It was almost as if she was hearing it said to her. Words of her father, though she couldn't remember where or when she'd heard them. She didn't know why either, but it seemed fairly obvious. "I... I lied..." She spoke after a long silence, pulling out the recording crystal. She pressed it and it began to play over again, her senses dulled by her first hearing.

"Look, I don't have much time, so I've got to make this fast." The deep voice spoke, so high-quality that it sounded like it was in the room. "If you are listening to this, you're in the official release of SAO, and dying in the game means dying for real. I know you can't remember a whole lot, but your mother, your brother, and myself are all in the game. We bought the game and joined it to save you, wherever you are. But I'm afraid our games end here. We indebted ourselves to a PK Group to help you further, but I'm afraid we couldn't pay them back, and they're taking our lives as payment. Please don't cry, I know this is going to hurt you a lot, but you've got to recover from it, you've got to make it out of this game! I don't know what you'll do without the three of us, but you'll think of something. You're too young to die, especially over a game! You've got to recover from this stronger than you were before! Is that not what you named yourself as, a Phoenix?" There is an unintelligible shout in the background, getting louder. "I'm out of time. Please remember Hono, we all love you, we've always loved you and we'll never stop lo--" The voice ended with the sound of metal slicing through the air and crashing into something. A woman's scream is heard in the background, and after some quick footsteps, the recording stops.

Old October 12th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Nauje
feel good hit of the summer?
Community Supporter Tier 1

»S C Y K E«
DAMON EAGLE

» Floor One
» XP: 57%
» Health: 100%
» Player (Level 14)

Some random inn (FL2)
An hour later
Stardust’s eyes widened in surprise.

“Wow, you play the guitar? That’s interesting, not many people choose skills that wouldn’t help them in combat. How good are you?”

Scyke scratched his head, unsure if he should answer the question or not. He didn’t really devour much time practicing even though he played nearly every day, and some sessions ended up with him even wrecking the instrument. Slightly embarrassed, Scyke leaned back, continuing to scratch his head before replying.

“I… would rather not say. It’s quite embarrassing to be honest. What about you, Stardust? Any instruments or unusual skills you practice?”

Stardust flicked her eyes upwards in thought. “Now that I think of it… I don’t really have any strange skills, no. Just been focussing on killing monsters so far, really. Maybe I’ll pick up a guitar someday when I feel like it, eh?” The brunette ended off with a cheeky wink, one which made Scyke laugh and the two continued to finish their dinner. After the plates were left with nothing but bones both Scyke and Stardust relaxed in silence at their chairs, using their thoughts as company. A moment later Stardust was the first to break peace, yawning first and then picking herself up off the comfy chair.

“Well, it’s late, and I like catching my sleep early. I’m gonna head up and find a room for myself, and I suggest you do the same Scyke. I would of thought the boss battle would of tired you out like mad. Anyway, whatever you decide to do I’ll see you tomorrow, partner!”

With that Stardust did a little wave with her right hand before jogging upstairs towards the bedrooms which the inn offered. Scyke signalled a wave back before sighing and continuing his train of deep thought. He was there for ten more minutes before he also finally decided to call it a night. Scratching his back Scyke headed upstairs and found himself a free room. After settling down and jumping onto his bed Scyke’s thoughts instantly dragged towards his new partner.

I like Stardust. She’s charming and beautiful, and unlike me she doesn’t seem too bothered about being stuck in a death game like this. Maybe I should take a leaf from her book and try be more cheerful around others too…

A few more minutes later Scyke finally closed his eyes, and his mind immediately drifted off into dreamworld. He had a pleasurable night, dreaming about the real world and his old friends, and nothing could wake him up from his deep slumber.

Not even the soft sobbing from the broken girl next door to his room.
Old October 12th, 2013, 11:09 AM
<Challenger>

Taka the Lovable Poet: Level 14 - 0 Exp - 2500 Col
Saving the World, One Day at a Time

Taka woke up with a bright smile on his face. Sleeping in an actual bed does wonders for the back when you've been sleeping on a thin mattress on the hard ground for a month. He groaned and stretched his arms out, reaching for the glass of orange juice he had set out the previous night. He quickly downed it and sat the glass back down. Ahhhh. Refreshing. He stood up and smiled, "Today is a brand new day. Today, I could meet my princess. Today, I could help save the world a little bit more." Taka equipped his armor, his black cloak, and Poetic Justice. His blade would normally seem like it weighed a lot when he first put it on, but now he was truly rested, and he was limbered up. "Today is a beautiful day!"

The warrior-poet strode into the town square with a smile on his face. There were quite a few people walking around. Of course it was still early. How could anyone wake up at six o' clock in the morning? Taka smiled and looked around. There was no way for them to know who the brave warrior was. He was quite the figure though, his long, flowing golden hair, his pale complexion, his thin form, and his massive sword. He was truly one of a kind. He was about to make a proclamation to the world, but he remembered something. "Today..." He looked around to the world and noticed the date. "It's Christmas."

Old October 14th, 2013, 05:10 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Maria Renée {Princess}
Guild: The Flaming Blade
Level: 13

Maria had been up for a few hours now just laying on her bed her head full of thoughts. I'm 13 today...my first birthday without my family...without Phillip...and Psyche's gone too now she thought before hearing a knock on her door. Getting out of bed she walked over to the door opening it slightly. "yes?"

"Good morning Princess. Time for breakfast" she heard Poseidon's voice and opened the door all the way.

"ok" she whispered hugging Poseidon. "is Zeus downstairs?"

"yeah he's paying for breakfast" Poseidon responded as the two headed downstairs. "I know what today is...so does Zeus. Are you ok?" he asked as they spotted Zeus across the room from them.

"I'm a little sad...but I know none of them would want me to be sad or upset on my birthday...and I know they'd want me to be happy for Christmas tomorrow"

"that's the spirit Princess" Zeus said as the three sat at a table. "now lets eat and then go explore the floor"

Old October 14th, 2013, 08:52 PM
PinkSapphire
Let's change the future

Lucina
Player level 15

The girl named Phoenix seemed to be upset but didn't seem to want to speak of it. Lucina stood there as she pitied Phoenix a bit for whatever was wrong. Lucina also felt her eyelids getting heavier and wondered how much longer she could stay awake. "I… I lied…" she suddenly heard the girl say and was all ears. Ofcourse Lucina knew that she had lied but it was good that she admitted it.

Phoenix pulled out a recording crystal and pressed the "play" button. Immediately the room was filled with a manly voice and cries. The voice spoke to Phoenix and was supposed to be her father. Lucina felt something dying inside her as she heard the sentence "but your mother, your brother, and myself are all in the game. We bought the game and joined it to save you,". Lucina's eyes widened at the last part of the recording were it was obvious that all of them were killed. Lucina sat there silently as the recording crystal had stopped making noise. After a few seconds, Lucina's expression turned sad as she spontaneously hugged the girl. "Hono… is a nice name." Lucina said, not knowing what to say in a situation like this when suddenly…

Lucina let go of the girl and held both of her shoulders. Lucina slowly placed her finger on the place were Phoenix's heart was supposed to be. "Here…" Lucina started. "They will always be with you in here. They might've died in this cruel game but…" Lucina paused for a little, then continued speaking. "They will always live futher inside your heart. That's their new home now." Lucina stood up from the bed and made Phoenix lay down on it so that she could cover her in the blanket. Lucina laid a hand on Phoenix's forehead and warmly smiled at her. "I will fall asleep on this floor if I stay awake any longer… so I'll have to go now." Lucina told her before leaving the room, Lucina send her a friend request. "Please survive. You can message me anytime." Lucina left the room and almost crawled to her own. She had this weird habit of falling asleep anywhere if she was too tired. After Lucina entered her room she crawled into her bed and immediately fell asleep.

---------

The next morning Lucina woke up early. She got up and found out it was only 7 am. "Hmm… it would be good to train a little before breakfast." she whispered to herself. She packed some of the stuff and left to downstairs. "Good morning, Miss." she heard the NPC greet her. Lucina faintly smiled at her and opened the front door. "Wait! There has been a suspicious man waiting in front of the inn all night." the NPC woman left her desk and looked through the window next to the door. "Hmm… he's gone…" she said and went back to her desk. Lucina assumed this was part of a quest that the NPC woman had for everyone and just left without questioning any futher.

"There… finally…" the bald man watched Lucina walk towards the gate of Urbus town and followed her quietly. Lucina looked behind her a few times but was unable to notice him. "Payday has finally come, beautiful Patricia..." the man whispered to himself as he equipped his dagger and smirked evily. He followed her all the way to a field near a large tree and watched her taking out some monsters.

"That were some nice cuts, Patricia." The man said as he stepped towards her. "Maybe… like the one on your back?" he said as he started to laugh. Lucina was frozen solid from just hearing his voice. She knew exactly who this voice belonged to and slowly turned her head towards him. It was HIM. The guy who cutted her whole back open around 4 years ago. The only one that got away from that maffia group.

"I see, you do still remember me." he enjoyed the fear in Lucina's eyes. It gave him power and it was a lot easier to kill her like this than he had to fight her. "It's time, Patricia, I'm going to finish what I should have finished 4 years ago. This time you're not getting away with just a scar…" the man started to walk towards her. "I'm going to let you pay for what you did to us!!" he started to dash towards her with his dagger in front of him. This was the end for Lucina. She couldn't scream, she couldn't move and she couldn't fight back… all because she feared this guy that much.

Brothers
Sisters
Theme

Last edited by PinkSapphire; October 14th, 2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old October 14th, 2013, 10:19 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User

Robin - Lvl 11
EXP: 38 - Col: 620

The next morning was another day in this game, on a new floor. Robin wakes up with sleepy eyes & opens up his menu to equip his cloak once more. On this new floor, there are new eventful discoveries to explore, like the new monsters & shops to see. On this new floor, Robin will definitely need some new equipment. Perhaps he'll stick with his sword a few more days of floors.

Something to eat, he thought, Robin takes out a bread & something else. Strawberry jam to add on the bread. As he puts his right index finger into the jar & takes it out, his finger starts to glow. He spreads the light on the bread, & what appears is jam/jelly on the bread. The jar's durability soon drops to zero, & it becomes small fragments. Robin takes a bite of his food until it's all gone. Kinda dull from Lucina's cooking.

Robin exits the inn & thinks about what to do today. He could explore the plains & farm for <<experience>> as he heads for <<Marome Village>>. He's also short on <<Col>>, at least 620. Luckily he's a beater, so he knows the monsters' patterns of attack. With a plan in action, Robin glances towards north & charges ahead without any hesitation.

Some Ox-type monsters were roaming the plains. Only a few were left when Robin deals with a couple of them. His <<Experience>> rose up, up to 57%. Robin was about to take a short break when he finds Lucina somewhat far away, as well as a man. This man held a weapon against her. Lucina knows her way around a fight, so why is she just frozen. Robin can't just stand there & watch another get killed. That's not him!

"Gotta time it just right," he mutters as he quickly activtes <<Beautiful Luna>> & hustles towards the two. He adjusts his sword just right to deflect the man's, this man from Lucina's past, weapon. "Not now, not ever...!"

~Dia+PS~
Old October 15th, 2013, 09:01 AM
銀ヤミ
Living for Another

«火の鳥»

Urbus Inn > Fields
x
CHAPTER II,
Part III:

"Rise from the Ashes"

"Hono… is a nice name." After a long pause, she touched Hono's heart. "Here…" Lucina started. "They will always be with you in here. They might've died in this cruel game but… They will always live futher inside your heart. That's their new home now. I will fall asleep on this floor if I stay awake any longer… so I'll have to go now. Please survive. You can message me anytime."

Hono watched her leave with somewhat of a dulled silence and made sure the door was closed behind her. She glanced over at the menu, asking to add Lucina as a friend. She reached over toward it, but after a moment of stillness, she lowered her hand again. She needed the night to think about everything, and hopefully sleep.

~Roughly five hours pass~

Her eyelids grew heavier throughout the night, but she didn't want to sleep. Her life had practically just been taken away from her, and as far as she was concerned, she was to blame for it. They came into this game because of her, because she was somewhere else. Maybe she'd run away from home? Maybe she ran away, and now her parents are dead because she wasn't there. She still didn't know why she was in the game, where she actually is, and how her parents knew she was inside of this... Game. The friend request menu still loomed over her, and somehow she found it... Comforting. It wasn't even an inanimate object, let alone something living, but... Still. It was something that was there, with her. She wanted to keep fighting sleep, but it was starting to take over her body. And, despite her resistance, her eyes fell shut and her mind drifted into sleep.

~More hours pass, until about 4 A.M.~

Hono opened her eyes slowly as a bitter (and game-generated) cold breeze drifted into her room. She rose slowly from her bed in a daze. She hadn't gotten much sleep, and she still felt miserable from yesterday. She felt numb in emotion, but she still had things to do today. Sighing, she pulled herself out of bed, turning around to see the friend request menu still floating next to her. She pondered the decision for a moment or two, but slowly tapped the blue circle button. Once the menu disappeared, she immediately noticed something in the windowsil-- no, someone in the windowsil. "Hey, you--!" She paused for a moment. It was the robed figure who bumped into her the night before. The person was going typing out a message, but the moment Hono approached, the figure leaped out the window and disappeared into the streets. "What the..." Hono looked out her window, puzzled. She turned back to her room, reequipping her gear and heading out of the inn. She was heading for the shopping district, but was stopped when a message appeared in front of her. She eyes the menu suspiciously, but opened it after a few seconds.

Spoiler:
????

You are powerful.
You are a brave young phoenix.
Though you lack finesse.

I am watching you.
I have been for a long time.
And I will always.

Are you strong enough?
Still think you can fight alone?
You will die quickly.

If you wish to win,
Meet at The Lone Tree tonight,
and I will help you.

I know what you think,
you can't trust someone like me.
But I know you'll come.

You don't know me yet,
but you do know who I am.
I will make you great.

I'll send a message,
so you know when to meet up.
Until then, just train.

She closed it quietly after reading, confused. Sure, a lot of things made little to no sense in it, like the lack of a sender's name, but one thing stood out most: the message was written as a number of haiku. She felt like that was a clue, but she didn't quite know why it stood out to her. She kept the message in her inbox, and continued into the shopping district.

~About two hours later~

Hono headed out into the fields, thinking back to her recent actions. First, she'd gone through the stores, spending a reasonable amount of Col on sewing tools and materials, stat-boosting gems, a brand new (rare and expensive) katana, and then got the katana improved via a blacksmith, using some of her stat-boosting gems. She filled every socket on the sword, and it wasn't cheap. Afterward, she'd made a new outfit of cloth armor with her specialty sewing skills: a nice black uniform that resembled her school uniform, something from the real world she could vaguely remember. Shed used the rest of her gems to raise stats on her clothes, then bought herself a meal at a shop near the plaza. After her meal, she headed for the fields, and here she was now. In fact, she'd been so dazed by recent events that it only just dawned on her that it'd been snowing all morning.

Nothing had happened on her walk through the field, and out of nowhere she found herself getting involved in a fight; joining the guy she almost stabbed to defend the woman who comforted her last night. Time was going by in mere moments, but now, in battle, it stood still. Still enough for her to think of her actions, and react at a moment's notice. "Flame Slash!" She shouted from behind the man with the dagger, and let loose a triple-slash of fire on his back.

Old October 15th, 2013, 01:29 PM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

Turnip
HP 100% | LV. 13 | XP 88% | Col 518
Location - Floor 2: Urbus Town Inn

Sensing movement close to him, Turnip woke with a start. He’d fallen asleep comfortably, resting against the inside wall of the inn’s parlour – a little softer and warmer than the dungeon that became his bedroom yesterday night. After getting about eight hours in, someone had come relatively close to him.

Too close.

Back in the ‘real world’, Turnip had more-or-less accustomed himself to being ever ready. Unfortunately, that led to him having an arguably overdeveloped reaction to interrupted sleep: In one swift movement, whatever unfortunate soul had wandered too close to him was knocked over and pinned with a quickly drawn bastard sword pointed directly at their throat.

Still adjusting to the conscious world, Turnip’s brain managed to focus and make sense of the information his body was feeding him – as opposed to simply reacting to it in a violent way. The image of a young woman came into clarity before him, clearly shocked and breathing heavily - he recognised it: the same person from yesterday evening. As his ears regained function, he picked up on slightly strangulated cries of “Ohmygodohmygodohmygod” and general movement and weapon drawing from some other inn patrons who weren’t too keen on the current situation. He was still in the inn, then, so the situation was likely not too bad, considering the safe area thing and all.

Turnip deadpanned, “Oh. It’s you.”

He rolled backwards and stood, glad to see the potentially hostile patrons stop advancing. The woman breathed a sigh of relief, still breathing heavily.

“God… Dammit…”

Turnip gave her little time to recover, “What in hell were you thinking?”

“What… was I… thinking!? You… attacked me… for God’s sake…!”

“Hmm… I suppose you have a point there.”

A man stepped forward, “Hey, so you aren’t trying to kill her?”

“You better not!” The woman shrieked.

“Well, I don’t think I am.”

“Good… uh… well, uh…” The man ran his thumb over his sword’s pommel, “aren’t you going to apologise to her?”

“Meh, it was her fault.”

“WHAT!?” The woman shrieked again. Obviously she wasn’t having much trouble breathing anymore.

“Shouldn’t wake me when I’m sleeping.” Turnip answered matter-of-factly.

“You were sleeping!?”

The armoured figure laughed, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, “Heheh, yeah, I guess I was.”

“Who the hell sleeps standing up!?”

“Evidently, me.”

“So just because she woke you, you pretty much tried to kill her?” The man questioned.

Turnip just shrugged, “If she was close enough for me to pull that off, then she was closer than she generally should have been. I don’t know what you were trying – pickpocket or whatever.” He brought up his inventory, quickly checking that none of his items were missing.

“You’re accusing me of stealing?” The woman asked, offended.

“You tried to con me yesterday. What other reason would you have?”

“I was trying to get your attention. Wasn’t working.”

“I think it’s times like now when you take a lesson from this and stop bothering people.”

The woman gasped, incredulous.

“True story.” Turnip piped.

“Well,” The man said, “this ain’t my problem.” And he walked back to his seat to finish his breakfast.

The armoured figure closed his inventory screen, satisfied that everything was in place. He figured it was time to get started on the day, though he didn’t particularly feel hungry at the moment. Thank goodness. Screw breakfast! Exaggerated heavy metal played, condemning breakfast in Turnip’s mind until it cut off abruptly when he remembered that the real world was a thing that existed.

The young woman seemed to be sulking, so Turnip left quickly while he had the chance of being unnoticed. Sheathing his sword, he exited the inn, morning light shining off his armour plating. Towns were interesting, but fighting stuff was more up Turnip’s alley – he headed immediately South, hoping that he’d find something interesting in that direction.

Old October 16th, 2013, 10:17 AM
machomuu
Gungnir!

William Danielson||Godot
Lv. 13||Floor 2

Godot let out a small yawn and checked his messages, of which he had none. He'd hoped for one from Lucina, Kagome, or Princess...but nope. He also realized that he needed more guy friends. Godot sat up, pushing himself from the tree he was sitting against. Or rather, he sat up from his bed, which was a tree branch protruding from the Lone Tree.

"Trees aren't beds."

Godot heard a quiet sound below him. It didn't sound like a person, exactly. Instead, it sounded like something that fit in with the ambiance, like a leaf brushing against the grass or a chipmunk nibbling away at its food...and yet, at the same time, he was sure that he could make out words. He decided to ignore it, as it couldn't have been directed towards him if itwas a person.

"Trees aren't for sitting, either."

There it was again. It was as if the voice was so deadpan and separated from everything else and yet fit in just enough that it was impossible to ignore. Godot gritted his teeth and winced. It was starting to annoy him. He covered his ears and clicked his teeth together. It worked, until a figure appeared in front of him.

"Trees aren't beds, and they aren't meant for sitting, either," The figure said. It turned out to be a girl with braids hanging down in front and dark purple, almost black hair. "Get down," she commanded. Godot could only look at the girl in surprise. She spoke with a voice so monotone and stoic that it made Aubrey Plaza seem like a cheerleader. Her name was hidden, sadly, so he simply sighed and complied. Godot vaulted his legs over the side and pushed himself off, and she followed. He looked at her, and she looked back. She seemed to be adept at hiding any and all emotion from sight...or rather, she may not have been capable of displaying them at all.

"So...who are-" Godot started, but she interrupted him by putting her hand up as if to tell him to shut up. "I hate introductions," she stated. She put her hand down, and Godot was put off. "My name is Apathy, and I hate everything." Godot raised his eyebrow. He'd assumed she would go on, but she seemed to be done talking.

"Not one for subtlety, I see," Godot said.

Apathy quickly responded, "I hate subtlety."

"But does that mean you like bluntness?"

The girl took a thoughtful pose...though strangely she didn't really have the facial mannerisms that generally went along with one. This posed as another silent moment in a conversation filled with them. Godot surmised that she was comfortable with them, and he was the same way. "My name is Luka Evans," she said.

Godot chuckled at her sudden change of heart and said, "Well, my name is-" Again, the girl stopped him and said, "I hate introductions." Godot caught her yet again, and said, "But you just introduced yourself twice." He expected her to change her mind again, but instead she quickly responded in a sharp yet ever-deadpan voice, "Shut up." Yet another silence fell over the two. Godot couldn't get a handle on the situation. How was he supposed to communicate with someone who not only hated everything, but also denied her own contradictions at random points in time. It was frustrating, and at the same time, something he found incredibly interesting.

Luka pointed to the dungeon. "I'm going in there. Follow if you want." She put her hand back down and looked at Godot for a few moments before departing. Godot was dumbfounded. It seemed as if she hated him- and she probably did given that she hated she everything- but maybe she hated him just slightly less than she hated introductions.
Old October 19th, 2013, 04:21 PM
PinkSapphire
Let's change the future

Lucina
Player level 15
Floor 2: Large Tree.

Lucina closed her eyes in fear and could only think about how she was going to protect Jade while she won't be around anymore. A single tear run down Lucina's cheek as the man got close. Her final moments had come but Lucina had never imagined that it would be this soon and like this.

Suddenly she heard a very familiar voice in front of her. "Not now, not ever...!" As she looked up she found out it was Robin. She had never been this happy to see him. Robin had dodged the man's attack and he seemed already aware that this was the guy that was the cause of the scar on Lucina's back. Lucina watched as soon after that Phoenix came in too. Lucina was saved but she didn't feel like that yet. Instead she felt like she was bringing both Robin and Phoenix in danger because she can't face the man who hurted her.

"Ugh... I hate interference." the man said and stabbed inside Phoenix arm within a blink of an eye. He wasn't planning on unnecessary killing and just paralyzed Phoenix. "And you... If you want to be a hero then I'll threat you like one, brat." He said as he faced Robin again. "And you know what I do with hero's? I'll let them speak with the edge of my dagger." He had this intimidating grin on his face. "After I kill you I will kill Patricia, or whatever her name is inside this game, nonetheless. So your efforts are worthless!" The man charged on Robin, jumped, activated his sword art and let himself fall above Robin so that he could give him a fatal hit.

"You ain't getting away from!" The man shouted as he landed on the ground.

Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old October 22nd, 2013, 04:09 PM
<Challenger>

Taka the Lovable Poet: Level 14 - 0 Exp - 3000 Col
Christmas Cheer

Taka smiled as he walked around Urbus, taking in the cool winter air. It truly was beautiful, with light snowfall blanketing the town, and happy people everywhere. He was glad that everyone was happy, although he felt a slight pang in his heart. He was still a solo player with no guild, no party, no permanent friends. Just those he fought boss battles with, and himself. His heart hurt a little more as he realized something. I still have yet to find my princess... Of all the things Taka liked about this game, it was the opportunity to meet the girl of his dreams that he cherished most. He knew exactly how they would be acquainted as well. He looked around, spying happy couples and sighed, "Christmas...So lovely...Yet so painful." He drew his cloak about him and continued his scouting of the town. "All I want for Christmas..." He was talking to himself again. It comes with living on your own for a month. "Is love." He gritted his teeth and continued on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taka sat outside of an inn with a cup of hot chocolate in his hand. He sipped it cautiously, aware that as soon as he drained the mug it would burst in to pixels. He had to savor every drop. It was delicious, and he didn't have enough Col to get as much as he wanted. He scanned the surroundings and decided he needed to find himself a party. A group he could call his family. A group he could form a brotherhood with. Taka stood up quickly, drained his hot chocolate, burned his throat, and didn't give a crap. He flung the mug to the side and watch it burst against the sidewalk with a look of determination on his face. Today I will join this society, completely and truly. I need to find men of my sorts. Men that can attest to being up-right and honorable. A smirk crossed his face. We should definitely be called the Z-Fighters or something. His obvious Dragon Ball reference took him back to the real world. It was really hard to believe that he was a normal teenager, instead of the fearless fighter he showed himself to be. It was quite odd how he spoke...Most teenagers look down upon it....But then again...Taka isn't a normal teenager.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taka stood in the far corner of the town, watching some players do some battle. Some of them were low level players trying to raise them up to a reasonable one, and others were merely grinding endlessly working to get to an even higher level. He knew exactly what kind he was working for, though. He would choose a low leveled player that he could mentor, one that he could show the ropes. Taka's cloak shrouded him, making him practically invisible. His mind began to wander.

"AH!" A cry rang out near Taka's nest.

He leapt from the building he had perched in and landed on his hands and knees and took off at a full sprint in the direction of the voice. He drew Poetic Justice and held it in both hands, the tip of the blade barely touching the ground. He let out a battle cry and roared, "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" He leaped into a cleared circle of grassland to find a girl pinned down by a minotaur like creature. "NOT TODAY!" He launched himself into the air with his sword and was sent hurtling forward. "SHE'S UNDER MY PROTECTION!" He held his blade straight out in front of him, completely impaling the beast with enough force to cut a tree in half. All that could be seen was a black blur and an explosion of crystals. Taka fell to the ground, landing flat on his back. He rolled over and noticed the girl, still cowering in fear. He stood up shakily and smiled, handing a hand out to her. "Hey there. Need a hand?" She nervously took his hand and stood up with his help.

"T-Thank you..." She looked nervous, but who wouldn't be after an experience like that? "I...I would've died...surely."

Taka merely smiled. "It's not problem. It's what I do."

The girl smiled a bit and blushed slightly. "You're an odd one." She could tell from looking into his eyes.

He smirked. "That's not the first time I've gotten that today. I'm Taka. And you are?"

"I'm...Dutchess."

Not exactly a princess....But I'll take it.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links