Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Reload this Page [Tutorial] PPRE (Project Pokemon's ROM Editor) Tutorial & FAQ

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old September 19th, 2013 (09:59 AM).
Gen 3♥

Nature: Calm
Good...
But there still many one thing.
SCRIPTING.
Else a good tutorial
Old September 20th, 2013 (03:15 PM).
Gaijin Trainer

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sliter
oh Thank you so much! I want to translate some pokemon to my language but I'm total noob yet hehe I think that will helpme so much! :D
Old October 20th, 2013 (09:01 AM). Edited October 20th, 2013 by cloudforgiven.

hey guys just trying to get some info fast since the project Pokemon site has a slow forum. If any1 here is familiar with the rom hacking tool for 4+ generation known as project pokemon rom editor or ppre, I want to edit the gym leaders pokemon in soul silver, but under the part where you change the number of pokemon she has, there are these thing called channels, or ch0, ch1, ch2 etc, what are they?
and the final question. when editing the pokemon, there is a thing called form # and u0, what are those? i think the u0 is the Pokemon ability since it takes a number value, but im not sure about that and form #?
if the u0 takes specific number values or anything else here that i asked takes number values mind giving me the number values and what they do?
cheers
Old December 5th, 2013 (01:17 AM). Edited December 5th, 2013 by ISNorden.
Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
Some suggestions for the next Windows release:

1. Include an optional setting to alphabetize item, move, and species names. Finding them by code number is very hard for new users; I often lost my place scrolling through the menus.
  2. Allow users to type in the full name of existing menu items; this would cut searching time.
  3. Include the TM/HM numbers on the relevant checklist: counting unmarked groups of boxes confused and frustrated me.
  4. Make it easier to add new moves to a species' learnset without overwriting old moves. I wanted Lunatone to learn Mirror Shot at level 23 and Moonlight at level 45; but I had to erase and re-enter several existing moves to do that.

UPDATE: Still struggling with PPRE for Windows beta; I can't save any changes to an existing move's type. I put my starting ROM in the right folder, selected/set the ROM, and wrote to the new ROM afterwards...but my edits don't appear when I check the next time. What could be causing this? (I suspect that the developers forgot to put a save button in the move editor!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ppre_move-probs.jpg‎ (289.2 KB, 8 views) (Save to Dropbox)

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links