Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 16th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Kirky

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
UPDATE
Username: Kirky
Type: Electric
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Yellow, Gold, Emerald, Pearl, Black

Yellow: 8/8
Pokemon League Status: Champion

With: Pikachu Lvl 73
With: Magneton Lvl 75
With: Jolteon Lvl 73
With: Electabuzz Lvl 75
With: Electrode Lvl 73

Type: Water
Game(s): Yellow, Gold, Emerald, Pearl, Black
Gold: 6/16
Pokemon League Status: Unchallenged
Red: Unchallenged

With: Feraligator Lvl 52
With: Quagsire Lvl 50
With: Gyarados Lvl 45
With: Poliwhirl Lvl 45
With: Lapras Lvl 45
With: Slowbro Lvl 50
Old October 16th, 2013, 08:16 PM
ShadowHawke

Okay let's try this again, almost had the update completed before I accidentally deleted it.

Pokemon X Dark Monotype
8/8
Elite Four: Crushed

Final Update
Spoiler:

Traveled to Coumarine City
Beat the fourth gym with Absol, Houndoom, and Malamar. Absol swept the gym leader after a Swords Dance
Chased Team Flare out of the power plant and restored power to northern Lumiose City.
Arrived in Lumiose City
Beat the fifth gym with Krookodile, Pangoro, and Houndoom
Traveled to Laverre City
Beat the sixth gym with Houndoom, Greninja, and Malamar
Caught a Murkrow, trained it so it caught up to everyone else and evolved it into a Honchkrow.
Passed through Dendemille Town and saved the Abomasnow in Frost Cavern.
Traveled through Route 17 on a Mamoswine. Won a sky battle against a trainer with a Rotom and Butterfree. Honchkrow had only 1 hp left after Butterfree's attack and hail damage.
Arrived in Anistar City, where Honchkrow proceeded to sweep the entire seventh gym only taking damage from the gym leader's Meowstic. It beat every other trainer without taking any damage.
Traveled to Couriway Town and battled Professor Sycamore
Confronted Team Flare in their Hideout in Lumiose City
Followed Team Flare to Geosenge Town and foiled their evil scheme.
Traveled to Snowbelle City and found the gym leader in Pokemon Village.
Beat the eighth gym with Pangoro, Greninja, and Houndoom.
Traveled to Victory Road now that I had eight badges and arrived at the Pokemon League.

Pokemon League
Spoiler:

The first of the Elite Four I battled was Malva. I led with Krookodile and she sent out Pyroar. Pyroar used Hyper Voice and took out a bit less than half of Krookodile's hp. Krookodile KO Pyroar with Earthquake. Next she sent out Talonflame. Talonflame used Brave Bird and Krookodile survived with about 20 hp, then KO Talonflame with Outrage. Unfortunately it got burned by Talonflame's ability and fainted from burn damage. Then I sent out Houndoom and she sent out Torkoal. Torkoal surprised me with Stone Edge, so I recalled Houndoom and sent out Greninja, only for it to get hit by an Earthquake that took out about a third of its hp. Greninja then KO Torkoal with Surf. Her last pokemon was Chandelure. Greninja used Surf and I can't remember what Chandelure used but Greninja survived. After that she used a full restore and Greninja used Ice Beam, then KO Chandelure with Surf.

Next I battled Siebold. He was too easy. Malamar swept his entire team. First it was Malamar vs Clawitzer. Malamar used Superpower and Clawitzer used Water Pulse, Malamar had about 120 hp left and KO Clawitzer with another Superpower. Next he sent out Barbaracle and it fell to another Superpower. His next pokemon was Starmie and it was fast enough to use Dazzling Gleam before it got KO by a Night Slash. Malamar had about 40 hp left for his last pokemon, Gyarados, who got KO by a Night Slash as well.

Then I battled Wikstrom. I led with Pangoro and he led with Klefki. Klefki KO Pangoro. Then I sent out Houndoom. Houndoom KO Klefki with a Flamethrower. After that he sent out Probopass and I sent out Greninja. Probopass used Discharge and Greninja used Surf. I should have stuck with Surf because he used a full restore, and Greninja used Ice Beam, followed by Surf. Probopass survived with like 1 hp and KO Greninja with another Discharge.
Then I sent out Krookodile who KO Probopass with Earthquake. Then he sent out Scizor. Krookodile used Earthquake and Scizor used X-Scissor. Krookodile survived then KO Scizor with another Earthquake. His last pokemon was Aegislash, who fell to Krookodile's Crunch.

The last member of the Elite Four I battled was Drasna. Pangoro failed to KO her Dragalgae and fainted due to poison. Krookodile then KO Dragalgae with EQ and swept the rest of her team with Outrage. Only her Noivern managed to attack and Krookodile survived it Dragon Pulse with plenty of hp to spare.

Finally the Champion Diantha. First Pangoro vs Hawlucha, Hawlucha wins with Flying Press. Then I sent out Greninja and it KO Hawlucha with Ice Beam. Then she sent out Goodra. Tried an Ice Beam on it but it has outrageous Sp. Defense. It only lost about a quarter of its hp and hit Greninja with Dragon Pulse. Greninja then hit it with a Night Slash and it survived with only a little hp, and hit Greninja with another Dragon Pulse. She then used a full restore and Greninja KO Goodra with a pair of Night Slash. Greninja only had a little hp after it's battle with Goodra so I sent out Malamar to take on her Aurorus. Maybe I should have nicknamed Malamar, Killer, for it KO Aurorus with Superpower. Then it hit her next pokemon Tyrantrum with its last Superpower and took about 50 hp in damage from its Head Smash, the recoil of which KO Tyrantrum. Then it proceeded to KO her Gourgeist and Gardevoir with a single Night Slash each.

Final Team
Spoiler:

Greninja Lv. 69
- Night Slash
- Extrasensory
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Malamar Lv. 67
- Night Slash
- Pluck
- Superpower
- Psycho Cut

Honchkrow Lv. 67
- Thunder Wave
- Night Slash
- Fly
- Wing Attack

Pangoro Lv. 67
- Sky Uppercut
- Hammer Arm
- Crunch
- Strength

Krookodile Lv. 66
- Crunch
- Power-Up Punch
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Houndoom Lv. 67
- Rock Smash
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethower
- Crunch

Also one that stayed in the box during Victory Road and the Pokemon League

Absol Lv. 59
- Shadow Claw
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash

Took me almost two hours to type this up on my phone not counting the hour I lost by accidentally deleting it the first time, but after 32 hours play time my Dark Monotype run of Pokemon X is complete.
Old October 17th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Byrdy7

Sign-up

Name: Byrdy7
Type: Fire
Games: Firered, Heartgold, Ruby, Diamond, Black and X

I've already started so I'll add my first entry
Diary one:
Spoiler:
Began my wonderful adventure, received Charmander as my starter. I raced through all the meaningless story of the game and headed straight to the forest where my Charmander learnt Ember and Metal Claw. I then challenged Brock to a battle. I used my newly learnt Metal Claw to clear through his pokemon. Charmander reached level 16 and evolved into Charmeleon! Time to head for Misty!
Old October 17th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Natnew

ya know... pickup is really helpful. in one training session, I got 3 rare candies, 3 revives, 1 hyper potion, 1 full heal, and 2 repels.
Completed Chalenges on Pokémon Pearl
Electric Monotype
No-Catch Challenge hard mode
Pichu Solo Run (post-game)
Budew Solo Run
Azurill Solo Run
friend safari: Bug (Paras, Vivilion, Masquerain) FC 2621-2615-8242
Old October 17th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Byrdy7

Ultimate Fire Monotype Update 2
Game: Firered
Badges: 3/8
Dairy 2:
Spoiler:
Straight after defeating Brock in our battle, I headed towards Cerulean City and the humble towns gym leader Misty via Mt. Moon. Running through the mountain I encountered the vicious Team Rocket. Their Zubats standed no chance against my Charmeleon's Ember. After slaughtering their pokemon I received a Helix Fossil which I have no use for. After exiting the cave I found two martial arts experts arguing what was better a punch or a kick. They taught my pokemon how to Mega Punch and Kick. These newly found skills will help me against my hardest challenge yet, the Cerulean Water gym.
The second I entered the town I was headed towards the gym. I easily took out the gym trainers with Charmeleon's Mega Punch. Now it was time for Misty. Her Staryu was cleaned up with one hit of Mega Kick. Starmie was then sent out, her water pulse took out 90% of my health then Charmeleon took 40% of hers with Mega Kick. She hit me again and I had failed my second gym challenge.
I decided to train over the Nugget Bridge where there were many trainers who seemed like no challenge at all, over the bridge I found a genius named Bill who gave me a ticket to a cruise ship. After gain a few more leaves I decided to take on Misty again but this time I would not allow myself to lose!
Misty began with her Staryu again, the same story one hit with my Mega Kick. Starmie was sent out. Charmeleon went first with his Mega Kick, unfortunately it missed. Starmie hit me with a Water Pulse, taking 40% of Charmeleon's health and confusing him. The second round Charneleon went for another attempt with mega kick, this time hitting himself in confusion. Starmie took another 40% of his health.
Now realising I wasn't prepared for the gym and had no Super Potions, I decided to risk it and go for a third attempt of Mega Kick. This one made contact, not only did it make contact it was a critical hit which took out Starmie completely! I was now in possession of the second badge, only six to go!

I headed south through Route 5 and 6 to reach the Third Gym in Vermilion City. Battling the Trainers along the way, Charmeleon reached level 30. When I reached the city I went to the docks and boarded the cruise, on the cruise I found many a trainer which helped Charmeleon gain a few levels. I found my rival Gary and challenged him to a battle, his pokemon were no match for Charmeleon's Ember and Mega Kick. The captain of the ship and rewarded me for a back rub with the HM Cut.
In the Vermilion City Gym I easily took out the trainers and challenged Lt. Surge to a battle. His Voltorb and Pikachu were easily taken out with Ember. He sent out his Raichu and that was taken out with one hit of Mega Kick. I now obtained the Thunder Badge and was ready to head for the dreaded Rock Tunnel.

I went straight towards Rock Tunnel, I couldn't remember where flash was and I didn't really mind, I was going to use my strategy I used as a kid, run around till you get out. About one or two trainers in Charmeleon reached level 36 and evolved into a fully grown Charizard.
After about 10 minutes of running around in the dark I escaped the tunnel was in Lavender Town but I didn't stop for long. I went straight to Route 8 to catch a Growlithe. My first attempt was unsuccessful as I ran out of poke balls. I returned to the route with more. I was running through the grass when appeared a shiny Growlithe (I was honestly really happy!) I attempted to catch it but it used roar and escaped (I almost cried). The next Growlithe was caught and I nicknamed him Monty after my pet dog. I decided to change Charizards name to Smaug at the Name Raters house.
I entered the Pokemon Tower and who did I find, my rival Gary. After swapping every time to Monty then back to Smaug, all of his pokemon stood no chance against Smaugs Flamethrower and Wing Attack. As it was getting late I decided to end my adventures for the day here.

Team: Smaug the Charizard level 41
Monty the Growlithe level 22
Old October 17th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
By the time I reached the 6th gym, I already knew that I was gonna end up overleveled. Well, it was true. The E4 was far too easy for me. :3

Completion time: 18:57
Final team:
Spoiler:
Docile Lapras Lv. 81
Surf|Ice Beam|Body Slam|Thunderbolt

Timid Aurorus Lv. 82
Ancient Power|Thunderbolt|Freeze-Dry|Ice Beam

Timid Glaceon Lv. 82
Swift|Quick Attack|Ice Beam|Ice Shard

Brave Mamoswine Lv. 82
Ice Fang|Take Down|Earthquake|Ancient Power
Terriermon and Lopmon

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old October 17th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Sindrie
Eevee breeder and caretaker
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I beat it 8/8 badges and beat the elite four(and Others).

It was easy as ever even without using the EXP share and setting battles to set.
I simply soloed it with my trusty Gardevoir (and Azumarill for the rock and steel) who had Psychic,Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball which made so she could pretty much counter EVERYTHING in the elite four XD

Final Team:

Gardevior Lvl 72

Azumarill Lvl 74

Florges Lvl 65 ;Florges sucks, horrible move pool

Spritzee Lvl 66 ; Too adorable

Sylveon Lvl 67

Mawile Lvl 61 ;mostly Hm/Tm slave

Also I have to say Fairy is easily my new favorite type

I'll be going through a second playthrough this time ghost XD kinda the opposite of last time.
Username: Sindrie
Type: ghost
Challenge: single
Game: Y

Same as last time no EXP share and battle style will be set. I plan to get Honedge from route 6 and use him as my main.
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites" - Elite Four Karen

Last edited by Sindrie; October 17th, 2013 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 18th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Harmonixer3500
Pokémon Master

Nature: Relaxed
Ok last update until I beat Y version.
-Finished Training my team up to lvl 50
-Used a Leaf Stone on my Gloom to make it evolve
-Defeated Will through hefty use of Shadow Ball and Signal Beam against Exeggutor
-Defeated Koga thanks in large part to Venomoth's Psybeam, Gengar's Thunder for Crobat, and Weezing's Fire Blast against Foretress
-Deafeated Bruno with a Surf from Qwilfish and about a half dozen Psybeams
-Defeated Karen by the skin of my teeth (Qwilfish had 1 HP after beating her Houndoom the rest was easy)
-Used Thunder against Lance's Charizard, Aerodactyl, and Gyarados then Blizzard against his 3 Dragonite
-Got into the Hall of Fame
-Got the Ticket for the ship
-Beat the trainers on the ship
-Made Surge cry like a little girl thanks to Vileplume and Gengar
-Made my way north-west to Celadon City
-Anihilated Erika and her Jr. Trainers thanks to Crobat and Weezing
-Made my way to the Power Plant
-Went to the Gym
-Followed Bozo the Rocket Grunt to the bridge and beat him soundly
-Got the Machine Part from the Gym
-Took the challenge
-Chased Misty's date away
And once I beat Y version Misty will be next on my list... incidentally I need to have X version added to my Poison type Ultimate run.
Old October 18th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Mega Mawile

Nature: Relaxed
Hey guys, just letting you know I WON. 8/8 badges on X and E4, all here in one convenient update.

Pokemon X Fighting: Complete!
Badges: 8
Pokemon: 6

Story:
(WARNING: This update contains spoilers about X & Y. Do not look at it until you beat the game yourself.)
Spoiler:
-Named self Jacob, picked Chespin.
-Beat Viola and got the Bug Badge. (really Game Freak?)
-Caught Ralts on Route 4, named him Lancelot.
-Caught Pancham on Route 5, named him KungFuPanda. (Yes, I just did that.)
-Caught Croagunk on Route 7, named him Croaky.
-Caught Machop in the cave with the Fossils, called him Po.
-Beat Grant and got the Cliff Badge. (Better...)
-Ditched Po for a Lucario, named Riley, on the Tower of Mastery.
-Caught Hawlucha on Route 10, named him MuchosMachos.
-Beat Korrina and got the Rumble Badge.
-Beat Ramos and got the Plant Badge.
-Beat Clemont and got the Voltage Badge. (Liked Clemont's design btw)
-Beat Valerie and got the Fairy Badge. ()
-Beat Olympia and got the Psychic Badge. ()
-Beat the forces of evil and saved the world as we know it.
-Beat Wulfric and got the Iceberg Badge.
-Beat the Elite Four and got the "surprise of my life" when I found out that the Champion was none other than - Diantha! (No....)
-Beat AZ and got to see a wonderful reunion of the king and his Pokemon.

The wonderful team that got me through the storyline!
(WARNING: This team contains spoilers about X & Y, though not as badly as the story. Do not look at it until you beat the game yourself.)
Spoiler:

Chestnut the Hardy Chesnaught Lv. 68 (M)

Somewhat vain.
Ability: Overgrow
Moves:
Frenzy Plant
Hammer Arm
Wood Hammer
Rollout

Kalos Co-MVP

Lancelot the Careful Gallade Lv. 61 (M)

Somewhat stubborn.
Ability: Steadfast
Moves:
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Brick Break
Dazzling Gleam

LVP. Just LVP.

Riley the Hasty Lucario Lv. 68 (M)

Alert to sounds.
Ability: Steadfast (Normal)/Adaptability (Mega)
Moves:
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Strength
Rock Tomb

Kalos Co-MVP
E4 Co-MVP

Croaky the Impish Toxicroak Lv. 67 (M)

Strongly defiant.
Ability: Anticipation
Moves:
Sucker Punch
Poison Jab
Revenge
Venoshock

E4 Co-MVP

MuchosMachos the Modest Hawlucha Lv. 68 (M)

Loves to eat.
Ability: Unburden
Moves:
High Jump Kick
Toxic
Sky Attack
Fly

E4 MVP w/ Croaky

KungFuPanda the Gentle Pangoro Lv. 68 (M)

Strong willed.
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves:
Crunch
Surf
Embargo
Cut

E4 Co-MVP
HM Slave

Well, now that I got that done, it's time for me to go back to my Poison challenge in Crystal. Also, I don't plan to do the Kalos monotypes until I get Y Version. Since I only have X, I would have to restart all of my progress that I made, which I don't plan to do. So, until I update again, bye!
Active challenge owner and participant! :D

Owned Challenges:
The Mega Evolution Challenge!
The NPC Trainer Challenge!
Old October 19th, 2013, 06:46 AM
UKS

Username: UKS
Challenge: "Mega Ultimate" (All types in all games - except Fairy)
Game(s): X - Red - Gold - Ruby - Diamond - Black

Starting with Grass

EDIT:
- Got Paladin the male Chespin
- Advanced to Santalune City
- Trainer grinded
- Beat Viola
- Stopped Paladin from evolving.

Current team:
- Paladin (M) ~ Chespin [16] @ Nothing
~ Leech Seed
~ Vine Whip
~ Bite
~ Rollout

Currently, I'm debating whether to get Budew and/or Burmy on the team ...

Last edited by UKS; October 19th, 2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old October 19th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Necrum
The box. You opened it. We came.

Nature: Adamant
Everyone playing X and Y: Pleas put your updates in Spoilers for the People who have not played the game yet.
Pinhead
Moderator of Pain
Paired with Orianna

Challenges
Carnival of Horrors
Monotype Challenge
Ones That Got Away

Trade Info
1435-4289-9306
TRT DB Shuppet!
Old October 19th, 2013, 05:13 PM
DaNewbInTown

Signed up, I suppose!

Name: ΔWeegee (DaNewbInTown)
Game: Pokemon Y
Type: Dragon

UPDATE 1: GETTING AXEW:
Spoiler:
Received Fennekin
Went through everything else before Connecting Cave (including getting Charmander)
Caught Axew at Connecting Cave
Saved at Battle Chateau

UPDATE 2: THE 2ND BADGE:
Spoiler:
Did events concerning Ambrette Town, Glittering Cave, and Team Flare's first encounter
Received Jaw Fossil and revived it for a Tyrunt
Went through Route 8 to get to Cyllage Town (or City?)
Got bicycle, trained a bit at Route 8 and the Gym
Saved right before the Gym Leader (I had to reset a few times to get the battle just right)

Gym Leader Battle Notes:
Spoiler:
Sent out Axew and got a lucky Rock Smash first before getting KO'd by Amaura's Aurora Beam
Sent out Tyrunt to defeat Amaura with Rock Smash
Grant sent out his Tyrunt while I use Charm twice on it
Grant gets a critical hit after I use a Super Potion, leading me to use another
I used Rock Smash (and some Super Potions) to finally defeat the opposing Tyrunt

Taught Rock Tomb to both Pokemon at my disposal
Saved inside Cyllage City Gym

UPDATE 3: BADGES 3-6:
Spoiler:
Defeated Gym Leader Korrina (x3)
Got Lapras temporarily to use Surf (quickly put in PC after Skrelp)
Went to Cyllage City after getting the Good Rod to get Skrelp
Defeated Gym Leader Ramos
Caught Trapinch and Gible at Route 13, putting the former in the PC
Defeated Gym Leader Clemont
Caught Goomy at Route 14
Defeated Gym Leader Valerie
Saved at Dendemille Town Pokemon Center

UPDATE 4: BADGE 7 AND DEFEATING TEAM FLARE:
Spoiler:
Defeated Gym Leader Olympia
Saved the world from destruction by Team Flare
Caught Noibat at Terminus Cave
Defeated Inver in an Inverse Battle
Shopped a bit for clothes
Saved outside of Anistar City Pokemon Center

CURRENT TEAM:

Spoiler:
Haxorus [M] (Lvl. 50)
Moves:
Rock Tomb
Strength
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw

Tyrantrum [M] (Lvl. 52)
Moves:
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Crunch
Charm

Dragalge [F] (Lvl. 50)
Moves:
Toxic
Surf
Sludge Bomb
Thunderbolt

Gabite [F] (Lvl. 43)
Moves:
Sandstorm
Dragon Claw
Rock Tomb
Dig

Goodra [F] (Lvl. 50)
Moves:
Aqua Tail
Dragon Pulse
Rain Dance
Thunderbolt

Noibat [M] (Lvl. 45)
Moves:
Razor Wind
Tailwind
Acrobatics
Fly

I don't know how to use spoilers... o wait nevermind.
Eeeeeyup. That's all for now.
I'm not planning on getting Bagon because I want a different Dragon/Flying Type.

(Will update after 8th gym)
o luuk a sig!

Last edited by DaNewbInTown; October 23rd, 2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old October 19th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Pendraflare
If you think i'm burning out, I never am.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNewbInTown View Post
Name: ΔWeegee (DaNewbInTown)
Game: Pokemon Y
Type: Dragon

I'm going to die at the 6th gym XD
Axew's evolution line can learn Poison Jab So can Garchomp, but you probably won't have that before then.

Anyway, I might look into more Monotypes on Y once my schoolwork settles down.
Owner of the Wedlocke Challenge thread and Anime Style Challenge thread
3DS Friend Code: 0619 4289 2312
Old October 20th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Byrdy7

Ultimate Fire Monotype Update 3

Game: Firered

Pre-Elite Four Diary:
Spoiler:
After defeating Gary, I headed off towards Celadon City. Going through Route 7 and 8 I battled all the trainers attempting to raise Monty a few levels. When I reached the town I head straight for the gym where all the pokemon were taken out with Monty's Ember and later Flame Wheel.
After defeating the fourth gym I headed to the Game Corner and battled the Team Rocket member standing inside. I followed him down the stairs which lead into the Rocket Base. After taking out all of the grunts I face the boss Giovanni. His ground pokemon stood no chance against Smaug's Wing Attack and Monty's Bite after defeating him I received the Silph Scope.
I went back to the Pokemon Tower and defeated the Marowak to find Team Rocket were in the top floor. After beating all their trainers, I rescued Mr Fuji who rewarded me with the PokeFlute.
Now after taking out Team Rocket (Again), I decided to go south to the Poison Gym of Fuschia City. Heading down Route 16/17/18 to battle all the bikers to train up Monty a bit more helped a lot. When I reached Fuschia I challenged the Gym straight away. Koga's Pokemon stood no chance against Monty's Flame Wheel and Smaug's Flamethrower!
After taking out another gym I headed to safari zone where I got Surf and the Gold Teeth. I gave the Gold Teeth to an old man in exchange for Strength.
I then headed to Silph Co which was fairly easy but required a lot of running around, a man gave me a Lapras which I use as an HM slave. I found Giovanni again and defeated him easily enough. I was rewarded with a Master Ball (yay?). I went to the Saffron Gym (my memory is a bit hazy as it was fairly late but I know I bet the gym). After going to bed and waking up I returned to my adventure. I flew to Pallet Town and surfed south towards Cinnabar Island.
On the island I went to the Mansion which was very tedious but I finished it easily enough. I then went to the gym and got all the answers right. Blaine (his name right? I can't be bothered checking) went down fairly easy with a fair bit of Rock Throw and Fly.
I then saw Bill who showed me to One Island. I went and caught a Ponyta on Kindle Road. Phar was the newest member of my team.
I then went through the weird side story and rescued the little girl and delivered the Meteorite. More importantly I trained up Phar a bit on the big pokemon in the forest!
I went back to Viridian City where I challenged Giovanni, his pokemon stood no chance to Smaug's Steel Wing. After beating the 8th and final gym I headed to Victory Road where my nostalgia kicked in and I knew exactly what to do. I went through the cave in a few minutes (15 or so). After a fair bit of grinding I was ready to challenge the Elite Four with my team of three.

Elite Four Diary:
Spoiler:
First Battle - Lorelei

Dewgong - Died easily with Smaug's Rock Slide
Cloyster - Died with Smaug's Rock Slide
Lapras - Died with Smaug's Rock Slide
Slowbro - Died from Monty's Bite
Jynx - Died with Monty's Extremespeed and Bite

(I taught Smaug Earthquake instead of Rock Slide between battles)

Second Battle - Bruno

Onix - Died with Smaug's Earthquake
Hitmonchan - Died with Smaug's Fly
Machamp - Died from Monty's Flamethrower and Extremespeed
Onix - Died from Smaug's Earthquake
Hitmonlee - Died from Smaug's Fly

Third Battle - Agatha

Gengar - Lost to Smaug's Flamethrower
Golbat - Lost to Smaug's Flamethrower
Arbok - Lost to Smaug's Earthquake
Gengar - Lost to Smaug's Flamethrower
Haunter - Lost to Smaug's Flamethrower

Fourth Battle - Lance

Gyrados - Lost to Monty's Flamethrower
Aerodactyl - Lost to Smaug's Flamethrower
Dragonair - Lost to Phar's Double Edge and Monty's Extreme Speed. Killed Phar.
Dragonair - Lost to Monty's Extreme speed
Dragonite - Lost to Smaug's Mega Kick. Killed Smaug. Then died to Monty's Extreme speed and Bite.

Champion Battle - Gary

Pidgeot - Lost to Monty's Flamethrower
Rhydon - Lost to Smaug's Earthquake and Monty's Bite. Smaug Died and was Revived
Blastiose - Killed Smaug and Monty but they both dealt a bit of damage and Phar finished him off with Double-Edge
Alakazam - Died from Phar's Fire Blast
Exeggutor - Died from Phar's Fire Blast
Arcanine - Died to Smaug's Earthquake

Team:
Spoiler:
Smaug the Charizard Lv60
Fly
Mega kick
Flamethrower
Earthquake

Phar the Rapidash Lv56
Bounce
Double-Edge
Ember
Fire Blast

Monty the Arcanine Lv 58
Flamethrower
Extreme Speed
Flame Wheel
Roar
Old October 20th, 2013, 04:37 AM
DaNewbInTown

Quote:
Originally Posted by novachief37 View Post
Axew's evolution line can learn Poison Jab So can Garchomp, but you probably won't have that before then.

Anyway, I might look into more Monotypes on Y once my schoolwork settles down.
Actually, I can get Skrelp with a Good Rod before then, so I won't die!
Old October 20th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Necrum

Updated through post #2542

Congratulations to ShadowHawke on being our first Gen 6 champion, Griffinbane on having the shortest completion time, Samurott01 on being the first Gen 6 Ultimate completer, and Sindrie for being the first to finish with Fairy type!

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Having had the time to play through the game normally on my copy of X, I have some new rules to instate. Firstly, Pokemon Amie will be banned from now on, with the exception being to evolve Eevee into Sylveon since it is the only method of doing so. The reason for this is because Pokemon with max bonds in Pokemon Amie receive powerful, game breaking buffs in battle, ranging from boosted experience, to surviving a kill hit, to avoiding attacks that are no miss, to curing themselves of status conditions. I had Pokemon survive that should have been knocked out all over during the Elite 4 and it really killed the challenge.

Second, Mega Evolutions are banned for the obvious reasons that they are as powerful as legendary Pokemon, such as Mewtwo. The less obvious reason is that not all types are represented in game with Mega Evolutions. There are Megas for every type, but only a handful are available within the confines of the main game.

Third and final, I am banning Exp Share. Some of you may not have heard, but the new Exp Share mechanics are really over powered, essentially allowing you to multiply your Exp output. Each Participating Pokemon receives 100% exp, and every other Pokemon receives 50% exp. It's almost cheating.

It kills me to ban these, but if you want a challenge, which is why you all are here in the first place, then these features have to be removed. There are 2 exceptions. There is a part of the game where you are forced to use a Mega Pokemon, which I will not elaborate on for fear of spoiling. This is obviously allowed. The other is in the case of raising an Eevee into Sylveon, which requires the use of Pokemon Amie.

Anyone playing Pokemon X or Y are free to continue using Pokemon with a high bond from Amie, but only if you did it before this post was made. Any further use of Pokemon Amie will be considered breaking the rules. Obviously, I can't really enforce this, so I'll have to trust that all of you will follow these new rules. Thank you for continuing to play my Challenge!
Pinhead
Moderator of Pain
Paired with Orianna

Challenges
Carnival of Horrors
Monotype Challenge
Ones That Got Away

Trade Info
1435-4289-9306
TRT DB Shuppet!

Last edited by Necrum; October 20th, 2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old October 20th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Pendraflare
If you think i'm burning out, I never am.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
The fact that you claim you'll have to trust us on that brings me to another thing i'm wondering: the note of people who go short on detail, i.e. they only make one post which covers everything for their entire challenge, they don't speak anything of what happens in important battles, etcetera. Not that I don't trust people who say they beat the game, but do you think people should have to at least provide summaries of some things that happen in important battles (i.e. Gym Leaders, villainous team leaders, Elite Four + Champion, etc)? In case you haven't seen from my posts, I always type full summaries of those battles just so it's made clear i'm not doing anything sketchy. Does anyone else think players should at least go a little in-detail on those battles for that purpose?
Owner of the Wedlocke Challenge thread and Anime Style Challenge thread
3DS Friend Code: 0619 4289 2312
Old October 20th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
That pretty much screws over people like me who picks up an old challenge once every few weeks and forgets to update in between. I donno about Necrum but I don't really think it's necessary. Besides, updates can be faked as well. The entire challenges section is based on trust. There's no reward other than having your name on THE LIST and if people need to cheat just so their name would be on it, they have issues.
Terriermon and Lopmon

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old October 20th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Necrum

Honestly, it would be just as easy to fake a detailed post, since the games are so set in stone and linear. A quick trip to Bulbapedia has all the info you would need. For a lot of people they play so fast it just becomes a blur. Everyone here probably knows that the 7th Gym leader in Platinum is Candice who uses Ice types. We don't really need to hear about it constantly. This entire forum relies on trust, and while I would prefer a better method, I choose to give people the benefit of the doubt. Obviously, if I see something out of place or fishy, I'm gonna call them out on it.
Pinhead
Moderator of Pain
Paired with Orianna

Challenges
Carnival of Horrors
Monotype Challenge
Ones That Got Away

Trade Info
1435-4289-9306
TRT DB Shuppet!
Old October 20th, 2013, 06:33 PM
DaNewbInTown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
Updated through post #2542

Congratulations to ShadowHawke on being our first Gen 6 champion, Griffinbane on having the shortest completion time, Samurott01 on being the first Gen 6 Ultimate completer, and Sindrie for being the first to finish with Fairy type!

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Having had the time to play through the game normally on my copy of X, I have some new rules to instate. Firstly, Pokemon Amie will be banned from now on, with the exception being to evolve Eevee into Sylveon since it is the only method of doing so. The reason for this is because Pokemon with max bonds in Pokemon Amie receive powerful, game breaking buffs in battle, ranging from boosted experience, to surviving a kill hit, to avoiding attacks that are no miss, to curing themselves of status conditions. I had Pokemon survive that should have been knocked out all over during the Elite 4 and it really killed the challenge.

Second, Mega Evolutions are banned for the obvious reasons that they are as powerful as legendary Pokemon, such as Mewtwo. The less obvious reason is that not all types are represented in game with Mega Evolutions. There are Megas for every type, but only a handful are available within the confines of the main game.

Third and final, I am banning Exp Share. Some of you may not have heard, but the new Exp Share mechanics are really over powered, essentially allowing you to multiply your Exp output. Each Participating Pokemon receives 100% exp, and every other Pokemon receives 50% exp. It's almost cheating.

It kills me to ban these, but if you want a challenge, which is why you all are here in the first place, then these features have to be removed. There are 2 exceptions. There is a part of the game where you are forced to use a Mega Pokemon, which I will not elaborate on for fear of spoiling. This is obviously allowed. The other is in the case of raising an Eevee into Sylveon, which requires the use of Pokemon Amie.

Anyone playing Pokemon X or Y are free to continue using Pokemon with a high bond from Amie, but only if you did it before this post was made. Any further use of Pokemon Amie will be considered breaking the rules. Obviously, I can't really enforce this, so I'll have to trust that all of you will follow these new rules. Thank you for continuing to play my Challenge!
O.o Wow, that's a lot. I'm removing the Exp. Share as I type. At least I didn't continue Pokemon Amie, but is Super Training allowed? I... kinda went into that. A lot.
o luuk a sig!
Old October 20th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Necrum

Super training doesn't break the game. It just gives you EVs which you can earn from normal Pokemon battles.
Pinhead
Moderator of Pain
Paired with Orianna

Challenges
Carnival of Horrors
Monotype Challenge
Ones That Got Away

Trade Info
1435-4289-9306
TRT DB Shuppet!
Old October 20th, 2013, 06:47 PM
DaNewbInTown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
Super training doesn't break the game. It just gives you EVs which you can earn from normal Pokemon battles.
Oh ok, thanks! I really appreciate it!
o luuk a sig!
Old October 20th, 2013, 06:51 PM
jojolaw

Username: Jojolaw
Type: Flying
Challenge: Challenge
Game(s): Red, Crystal, Emerald, Diamond, White, Black 2
Ultimate Solo Challenge w/ Dratini
Old October 20th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Necrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojolaw View Post
Username: Jojolaw
Type: Flying
Challenge: Challenge
Game(s): Red, Crystal, Emerald, Diamond, White, Black 2
Uh, Challenge is supposed to be either Single or Ultimate. Challenge isn't really one of the options.
Pinhead
Moderator of Pain
Paired with Orianna

Challenges
Carnival of Horrors
Monotype Challenge
Ones That Got Away

Trade Info
1435-4289-9306
TRT DB Shuppet!
Old October 20th, 2013, 10:42 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Nature: Jolly
Sorry for the lack of an update, been busy with school, work, and Pokemon X on my free time. I hope to update soon though

Just wanted to say I would like to add Pokemon Y to all my challenges, so Bug, Ghost, Normal, and Rock. Also to my Ice type challenge, so that I won't be stuck in the "Gen 5 Champions". I'll repost my signups if needed.

I don't know when I'll be able to play Y for any challenges as I don't have it yet, only have X and I plan to keep that as my main game, also I don't know how I would record as I would like to make videos for it the way I do my other challenges. If I can't figure it out I'll settle for taking crappy images with my phone or something.
3DS FC: 1306-6693-8574
Looking for people to battle, trade, or exchange safari's with.
Anyone can add me, I add everyone. Let me know if you add me so I can add you back.
Here's a link to my Trade Review Thread, be sure to post a comment if we trade.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here