The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old September 15th, 2013 (07:20 AM). Edited December 30th, 2013 by Starry Windy.
Starry Windy's Avatar
Starry Windy
Working Combee's on the house!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest

SENTAI RANGERS SPIRITS!
Power Rangers and Super Sentai Fan Club

INTRODUCTION!
In 1975, we see something which is very Brave, it's Himitsu Sentai Goranger, the first Super Sentai ever created. And, in the other side, Power Rangers have so many Mega moments ever since Mighty Morphin Power Rangers strikes in 1993. This club is created to discuss both of these franchises, because they're big hits everywhere!

I Want To Join!
Ai-yi-yi! So you want to join? That's nice. Btw, before that, make sure to follow the rules here!

1. All PokéCommunity Rules and Fan Clubs & Groups Rules apply here.
2. It's recommended to fill in the Sign-Up Form as seen below if you want to join.
3. It's ok to put videos related to Super Sentai/Power Rangers, but don't post full episodes or download links.
4. You can discuss anything about Super Sentai or Power Rangers besides of the official topics that I made, but please take a note to not change the topic too much, I may let you guys know.
5. Don't forget to put the spoiler tag when discussing Super Sentai and Power Rangers episodes.
6. Respect another Super Sentai/Power Rangers fan's opinions.
7. No trolling, harassing, flaming, spamming, etc. And no hating comments please.
8. You can discuss about the latest info of Power Rangers/Super Sentai too.

Sign-Up Form!
Username (Your Nickname):
Your Super Sentai/Power Rangers Team:
Why you like Super Sentai or Power Rangers?:
Answer the current topic:

Official Topics
NEW! Any thoughts of the revealed pictures of the newest Super Sentai, Tokkyuger? And what's your hopes on it?
Which Super Sentai/Power Rangers team would you want to be, and why?
Which episode from Power Rangers/Super Sentai is your favorite, and why?

Achievements!
You can get a new team (you can pick from either Super Sentai and Power Rangers teams) each time you make the 10th post in here! And you can pick the team that the others choose too.


TOKKYUGER CAMPAIGN!
I'll give you guys opportunity to get Tokkyuger, the newest Super Sentai that will come at 2014, right on the day it airs! You can PM me if you want to claim Tokkyuger until January 31st at 10:00 PM (UTC+7), and you'll be awarded Tokkyuger as a bonus team in the list at February 16th, 2014! Make sure to grab it if you can!

SUPER SENTAI TEAMS
Himitsu Sentai Goranger (秘密戦隊ゴレンジャー)
J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai (ジャッカー電撃隊)
Battle Fever J (バトルフィーバーJ)
Denshi Sentai Denziman (電子戦隊デンジマン)
Taiyo Sentai Sun Vulcan (太陽戦隊サンバルカン)
Dai Sentai Goggle-V (大戦隊ゴーグルファイブ)
Kagaku Sentai Dynaman (科学戦隊ダイナマン)
Choudenshi Bioman (超電子バイオマン)
Dengeki Sentai Changeman (電撃戦隊チェンジマン)
Choushinsei Flashman (超新星フラッシュマン)
Hikari Sentai Maskman (光戦隊マスクマン)
Choujuu Sentai Liveman (超獣戦隊ライブマン)
Kousoku Sentai Turboranger (高速戦隊ターボレンジャー)
Chikyu Sentai Fiveman (地球戦隊ファイブマン)
Chōjin Sentai Jetman (鳥人戦隊ジェットマン)
Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger (恐竜戦隊ジュウレンジャー)
Gosei Sentai Dairanger (五星戦隊ダイレンジャー)
Ninja Sentai Kakuranger (忍者戦隊カクレンジャー)
Chōriki Sentai Ohranger (超力戦隊オーレンジャー)
Gekisou Sentai Carranger (激走戦隊カーレンジャー)
Denji Sentai Megaranger (電磁戦隊メガレンジャー)
Seijuu Sentai Gingaman (星獣戦隊ギンガマン)
Kyuukyuu Sentai GoGoFive (救急戦隊ゴーゴーファイブ)
Mirai Sentai Timeranger (未来戦隊タイムレンジャー)
Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger (百獣戦隊ガオレンジャー)
Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger (忍風戦隊ハリケンジャー)
Bakuryū Sentai Abaranger (爆竜戦隊アバレンジャー)
Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger (特捜戦隊デカレンジャー)
Mahou Sentai Magiranger (魔法戦隊マジレンジャー)
GoGo Sentai Boukenger (轟轟戦隊ボウケンジャー)
Juken Sentai Gekiranger (獣拳戦隊ゲキレンジャー)
Engine Sentai Go-onger (炎神戦隊ゴーオンジャー)
Samurai Sentai Shinkenger (侍戦隊シンケンジャー)
Tensou Sentai Goseiger (天装戦隊ゴセイジャー)
Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger (海賊戦隊ゴーカイジャー)
Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters (特命戦隊ゴーバスターズ)
Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger (獣電戦隊キョウリュウジャー)

POWER RANGERS TEAMS
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers | Alien Rangers (Aquitar Rangers) | Zeo | Turbo | In Space | Lost Galaxy
Lightspeed Rescue | Time Force | Wild Force | Ninja Storm | Dino Thunder | S.P.D. | Mystic Force
Operation Overdrive | Jungle Fury | RPM | Samurai (Super Samurai) | Megaforce

MEMBER LISTS
Windy - Kyoryuger, Wild Force
DLA - Time Force
chuckles - MMPR
gokaiblue - Gokaiger
Freaky - Mystic Force
sulley - Gokaiger
DantéSolablood - Shinkenger
Algo Fonix - Changeman
The Mighty Kamina - RPM
TurtleKing - Kyoryuger
__________________
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
  #2    
Old September 17th, 2013 (03:50 AM).
Lost Christmas's Avatar
Lost Christmas
What you lookin' at?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nottingham, England
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Username (Your Nickname): DLA/ Dark Leader Adam
Your Super Sentai team: Mirai Sentai Timeranger
Why you like Super Sentai?: Growing up as a child I was a massive fan of the Power Ranger series, Mainly the american version because that was what was on fox kids and other channels I loved, As i got older i learn't about the japanese version of Power rangers which was released first and finally sat down to watch my first episode around 2 years ago, I loved the more comedic approach they take towards the episodes and how more child friendly it seems to be than the Power Rangers series.
__________________
Lost Christmas
PC Supporter since February 28th, 2014
“The colour of this box is nice, oh Hi there didn't realise you were reading.”
Pair(s) | Sig Credit | Completed Challenges
  #3    
Old September 18th, 2013 (04:58 AM). Edited September 26th, 2013 by Starry Windy.
Starry Windy's Avatar
Starry Windy
Working Combee's on the house!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Previous Post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Heart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Leader Adam View Post
Username (Your Nickname): DLA/ Dark Leader Adam
Your Super Sentai team: Mirai Sentai Timeranger
Why you like Super Sentai?: Growing up as a child I was a massive fan of the Power Ranger series, Mainly the american version because that was what was on fox kids and other channels I loved, As i got older i learn't about the japanese version of Power rangers which was released first and finally sat down to watch my first episode around 2 years ago, I loved the more comedic approach they take towards the episodes and how more child friendly it seems to be than the Power Rangers series.
Welcome to Super Sentai Spirits club, Adam! I was like you too, being a fan of Power Rangers, and I recall one of the first Sentai that I see is Dairanger (it was called Star Rangers in my area when it airs).
See and be amazed, because I have a big announcement! This club is no longer Super Sentai Spirits only, but it's now Sentai Rangers Spirits! Because it will also discuss about Power Rangers franchise as well! So, if you joined this club but intended to use Power Rangers counterpart instead of Super Sentai before this change occurs, you can change into the Power Rangers one.
__________________
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
  #4    
Old September 20th, 2013 (09:00 AM).
Lost Christmas's Avatar
Lost Christmas
What you lookin' at?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nottingham, England
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Come on all your Super Sentai/Power Rangers fans get yourself here! No need to be shy, express your love! :D
__________________
Lost Christmas
PC Supporter since February 28th, 2014
“The colour of this box is nice, oh Hi there didn't realise you were reading.”
Pair(s) | Sig Credit | Completed Challenges
  #5    
Old September 26th, 2013 (09:46 PM). Edited September 27th, 2013 by Starry Windy.
Starry Windy's Avatar
Starry Windy
Working Combee's on the house!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
The news was on some days ago, but it's revealed that Tokkyuger will be the 2014 Super Sentai.
http://henshinjustice.com/2013/09/25...tai-tokkyuger/
__________________
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
  #6    
Old September 26th, 2013 (10:56 PM).
«Chuckles»'s Avatar
«Chuckles»
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Morioh
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Username (Your Nickname): chuckles
Your Super Sentai/Power Rangers Team: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Why you like Super Sentai or Power Rangers?: its poor acting (I like it)

__________________

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
  #7    
Old September 27th, 2013 (11:21 PM).
Starry Windy's Avatar
Starry Windy
Working Combee's on the house!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckleslucifer View Post
Username (Your Nickname): chuckles
Your Super Sentai/Power Rangers Team: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Why you like Super Sentai or Power Rangers?: its poor acting (I like it)
Welcome to the club chuckles! It's nice to see a Power Rangers fan even since MMPR first started. And the theme song that you posted reminds me of my old days when I'm watching MMPR myself.
__________________
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
  #8    
Old September 28th, 2013 (12:57 AM).
«Chuckles»'s Avatar
«Chuckles»
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Morioh
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
I love Power Rangers mainly because of its poor acting in my opinion it just seems terrible and their reactions to everything make me lol so hard
__________________

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
  #9    
Old October 8th, 2013 (09:40 PM).
Starry Windy's Avatar
Starry Windy
Working Combee's on the house!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Now we have a new topic:
From all of the episodes, which episode from Power Rangers/Super Sentai is your favorite, and why?

I personally think the episode from Power Rangers RPM, "Doctor K", is the most appealing for me because her backstory is one of the most touching of all Power Rangers episodes that I ever seen. Also because...

Spoiler:
Turns out that Doctor K is the creator of Venjix virus itself, just because she wants to go outside, but the officers stop her from making a firewall that the virus won't spread outside of Alphabet Soup despite of her explanations, that the bigger incident is formed.
__________________
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
  #10    
Old October 16th, 2013 (11:30 AM).
gokaiblue's Avatar
gokaiblue
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Username: gokaiblue
Team: Gokaiger
Why do I like Super Sentai/Power Rangers: I grew up with it and I'm a sucker for campy shows.

As for the topic, I'd have to say the best episode for me is Forever Red. It is just an awesome thing to see most of the red rangers come back to fight an evil that was present in the early seasons.
__________________
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
  #11    
Old November 1st, 2013 (10:02 PM). Edited November 1st, 2013 by Starry Windy.
Starry Windy's Avatar
Starry Windy
Working Combee's on the house!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Previous Post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Heart
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokaiblue View Post
Username: gokaiblue
Team: Gokaiger
Why do I like Super Sentai/Power Rangers: I grew up with it and I'm a sucker for campy shows.

As for the topic, I'd have to say the best episode for me is Forever Red. It is just an awesome thing to see most of the red rangers come back to fight an evil that was present in the early seasons.
Welcome aboard, gokaiblue! Gokaiger is one of my faves as well, for being able to change into previous Super Sentai warriors and for interesting characteristics of each Gokaigers. And I agree with you, Forever Red is one amusing episode that I still like to watch as well. When I see 10 Red Rangers (Quantum one included) together in action, that makes this episode epic.
And I have a new topic:
Which Super Sentai/Power Rangers team would you want to be, and why?
__________________
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
  #12    
Old November 13th, 2013 (02:16 PM).
sulley's Avatar
sulley
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
MMPR was a huge part of my childhood, I had loads of action figures from the series. I have watched Zeo, Turbo and I have just started Dino Thunder which I am really enjoying.

I have never watched any of super sentai but a friend of mine has said I must watch Gokaiger.

(F.Y.I I am wearing an MMPR blue ranger tshirt right now.)
  #13    
Old November 20th, 2013 (05:27 AM).
GreyVirgo's Avatar
GreyVirgo
•=ØInfinityØ=•
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: With Miley...... Twerking!
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Username (Your Nickname): Freaky

Your Super Sentai/Power Rangers Team: Power Rangers Mystic Force

Why you do like Super Sentai or Power Rangers?: It's so freakin' awesome and really fun to watch it's a part of my childhood to.....

Answer the current topic: Down......

Which Super Sentai/Power Rangers team would you want to be, and why?: It should be Mystic Force because of the magical creatures and the story like the Red rangers father was one of the Evil guys then his father became good.... A Toy Story reference.... :D
__________________
Pair: Saturnus

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

Contact: PM or VM

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
  #14    
Old November 20th, 2013 (05:46 AM). Edited November 22nd, 2013 by Starry Windy.
Starry Windy's Avatar
Starry Windy
Working Combee's on the house!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxedoutfreaky View Post
Username (Your Nickname): Freaky

Your Super Sentai/Power Rangers Team: Power Rangers Mystic Force

Why you do like Super Sentai or Power Rangers?: It's so freakin' awesome and really fun to watch it's a part of my childhood to.....

Answer the current topic: Down......

Which Super Sentai/Power Rangers team would you want to be, and why?: It should be Mystic Force because of the magical creatures and the story like the Red rangers father was one of the Evil guys then his father became good.... A Toy Story reference.... :D
Welcome to the club Freaky! I must admit, I haven't watch Mystic Force fully as of yet, but I think it has some good episodes. And I like how the Red Mystic ranger reunited with his father too.
__________________
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
  #15    
Old November 21st, 2013 (05:37 AM).
DanteSolablood's Avatar
DanteSolablood
Internet Celebrity
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Male
Membership Application - Authorised by Provinence!

Username: DantéSolablood

Your Super Sentai/Power Rangers Team: Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, Ippitsu Soujou!

Why you like Super Sentai or Power Rangers?: My little brother was a massive MMPR fan, while I could never get around to really liking that (well, the Thunderzords were pretty cool), I started investigating the show on his behalf and downloading subs... and from there I was hooked! My particular favourite has to be Shinkenger, it's feudal approach to teamwork is just fascinating.

Answer the current topic: If I had to join a team? Well obviously it would be Akibarangers!! Not have they done the least hard work of any team, but they'e had a second season. Pretty sure they're not going to stay dead for long, official or not!
__________________
Internet Celebrity in the making Danté Solablood - For all your Minecraft needs! Been playing Pokémon since Blue.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev
  #16    
Old November 21st, 2013 (05:59 AM).
Starry Windy's Avatar
Starry Windy
Working Combee's on the house!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteSolablood View Post
Membership Application - Authorised by Provinence!

Username: DantéSolablood

Your Super Sentai/Power Rangers Team: Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, Ippitsu Soujou!

Why you like Super Sentai or Power Rangers?: My little brother was a massive MMPR fan, while I could never get around to really liking that (well, the Thunderzords were pretty cool), I started investigating the show on his behalf and downloading subs... and from there I was hooked! My particular favourite has to be Shinkenger, it's feudal approach to teamwork is just fascinating.

Answer the current topic: If I had to join a team? Well obviously it would be Akibarangers!! Not have they done the least hard work of any team, but they'e had a second season. Pretty sure they're not going to stay dead for long, official or not!
Welcome aboard, Danté! I remember was I watching MMPR the most when it was on Thunderzord's era, it was pretty good. I see that you're one big fan of Shinkenger, and yes, the feudal approach is very unique that it's one of the most standing out Super Sentai.

And I find Akibarangers are one of the most unique of them all, being unofficial and all, and I always find Nobuo, among all others, have amusing Super Sentai knowledge, that I want to be like them as well. I hope the third season will bring the Akibarangers back to life...

Spoiler:
because the Akibarangers were sacrificing themselves at the final episode (if the Episode 13 of Season 2 is not counted) to battle against some alien fleet due to the planned plot of the Prism Ace vs Akibarangers and Hiroyo's activating Itashar Robo's self-destruct program accidentally.
__________________
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
  #17    
Old November 21st, 2013 (02:04 PM).
sulley's Avatar
sulley
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Erm would just like to say... Gokaiger is amazing!!!!!!
  #18    
Old November 22nd, 2013 (06:59 AM). Edited November 22nd, 2013 by Starry Windy.
Starry Windy's Avatar
Starry Windy
Working Combee's on the house!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulley View Post
MMPR was a huge part of my childhood, I had loads of action figures from the series. I have watched Zeo, Turbo and I have just started Dino Thunder which I am really enjoying.

I have never watched any of super sentai but a friend of mine has said I must watch Gokaiger.

(F.Y.I I am wearing an MMPR blue ranger tshirt right now.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulley View Post
Erm would just like to say... Gokaiger is amazing!!!!!!
After some consideration, I'll let you join this club. Welcome sulley, and given that you like Gokaiger, I consider it as your starter team in this club. And I agree with you that Gokaiger is awesome. Who can't resist seeing a Super Sentai team which can change to 34 past Super Sentai teams?

And on unrelated note, I've decided to update some of my club's rules.
__________________
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
  #19    
Old December 7th, 2013 (07:48 AM). Edited December 7th, 2013 by Starry Windy.
Starry Windy's Avatar
Starry Windy
Working Combee's on the house!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
We finally got some official pictures of Tokkyuger, the 2014's Super Sentai:

Spoiler:

What's your thoughts on this? Do you like the design, and what's your hopes on this first Train-based Super Sentai?
__________________
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
  #20    
Old December 14th, 2013 (09:17 PM).
Algo Fonix's Avatar
Algo Fonix
oh god
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Username (Your Nickname): Algo Fonix
Your Super Sentai/Power Rangers Team: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
Why you like Super Sentai or Power Rangers?: Nostalgia mostly, but I enjoy the practical effects used in the shows. It's super low budget, but sometimes they really pull it off. There's definitely a certain charm to it. That and I love Godzilla and whatnot so it only makes sense.
Answer the current topic: Eh, those designs are... interesting. I've been out of the toku loop for quite some time, so I'm not exactly in a position to say much without seeing the suits in motion. Maybe they'll grow on me.
__________________
If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste.
Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.
  #21    
Old December 16th, 2013 (06:47 AM).
Starry Windy's Avatar
Starry Windy
Working Combee's on the house!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algo Fonix View Post
Username (Your Nickname): Algo Fonix
Your Super Sentai/Power Rangers Team: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
Why you like Super Sentai or Power Rangers?: Nostalgia mostly, but I enjoy the practical effects used in the shows. It's super low budget, but sometimes they really pull it off. There's definitely a certain charm to it. That and I love Godzilla and whatnot so it only makes sense.
Answer the current topic: Eh, those designs are... interesting. I've been out of the toku loop for quite some time, so I'm not exactly in a position to say much without seeing the suits in motion. Maybe they'll grow on me.
You're accepted, Algo Fonix, and welcome to the club!

Like you, I was not fond of Tokkyuger's suits in the first place as well, because I never see modern Super Sentai with this design before, but it started to grow at me, and I hope they'll look great when they are in action.
__________________
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
  #22    
Old December 16th, 2013 (07:37 AM). Edited December 16th, 2013 by Lilith.
The Mighty Kamina's Avatar
The Mighty Kamina
Paragon of Masculinity
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Montana
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to The Mighty Kamina
Sign me up!

Username (Your Nickname): The Mighty Kamina
Your Super Sentai/Power Rangers Team: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger
Why you like Super Sentai or Power Rangers?: I love the energy, design and colors of the show. It's just a blast to watch, Sentai at its best can be fun personified, but also dark and dreary when the story calls for it.
Answer the current topic: Those designs...ehhh... The Tokkyuger helmets have grown on me, but I'm still not a fan of those suits. I think they have too much solid coloring, and it seems redundant to have their number on their helmets and their suits.
__________________
  #23    
Old December 16th, 2013 (08:51 AM).
Starry Windy's Avatar
Starry Windy
Working Combee's on the house!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Kamina View Post
Sign me up!

Username (Your Nickname): The Mighty Kamina
Your Super Sentai/Power Rangers Team: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger
Why you like Super Sentai or Power Rangers?: I love the energy, design and colors of the show. It's just a blast to watch, Sentai at its best can be fun personified, but also dark and dreary when the story calls for it.
Answer the current topic: Those designs...ehhh... The Tokkyuger helmets have grown on me, but I'm still not a fan of those suits. I think they have too much solid coloring, and it seems redundant to have their number on their helmets and their suits.
Hello, and welcome to Sentai Rangers Spirits Club, The Mighty Kamina! Btw, you can only choose one team from the start, and Akibaranger is not available on the list yet (it'll be available when the time calls for it), so you'll start with Gokaiger first. And I agree with your opinion that Super Sentai has dynamic story, that when the story goes serious, wow! It's really serious. And I agree with ya about the Tokkyuger suits part, even though it have some uniqueness a bit.
__________________
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
  #24    
Old December 16th, 2013 (08:56 AM).
The Mighty Kamina's Avatar
The Mighty Kamina
Paragon of Masculinity
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Montana
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to The Mighty Kamina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry Windy View Post
Hello, and welcome to Sentai Rangers Spirits Club, The Mighty Kamina! Btw, you can only choose one team from the start, and Akibaranger is not available on the list yet (it'll be available when the time calls for it), so you'll start with Gokaiger first. And I agree with your opinion that Super Sentai has dynamic story, that when the story goes serious, wow! It's really serious. And I agree with ya about the Tokkyuger suits part, even though it have some uniqueness a bit.
Ah, if that's the case, could I just switch to RPM then? I saw two others already claimed Gokaiger!
__________________
  #25    
Old December 16th, 2013 (09:13 AM).
Starry Windy's Avatar
Starry Windy
Working Combee's on the house!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Kamina View Post
Ah, if that's the case, could I just switch to RPM then? I saw two others already claimed Gokaiger!
Done! And well, I have my reason why RPM is one of the best. The characteristics of the Rangers and others (even Dr. K!), and how they combine seriousness with some funny stuff makes me enjoy this show so much.
__________________
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 06:18 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.