• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What was your first Pokèmon game??

Years
my first game was firered which i got as a gift from my grandmother. like the op i have an emotional attachment to that little cartridge. i still play it sometimes, even with the bad memories surrounding my struggles against the elite four that i could never beat when i was 6.

Mickeycricky

Mickeycricky
Years
My first was Pokémon FireRed. My parents wouldn't let me get a Gameboy Color, so I was stuck waiting until I was 10 to FINALLY get my Gameboy Advanced. It was the best Christmas ever :')

NavyBlue

Hoenn Lover
Years
My first game was Emerald. I loved it so much. I miss good ol' Hoenn.
I chose Treecko then, when I was like 4, 5, or 6. Then my brother went and lost it. :l

Years
Pokémon Gold

I know my sister had it and allowed me to play the game on her gameboy.. I don't remember how she got it though.. probably a birthday or something.

But yeah, that was my first pokémon game.. I think I was around 4 or 5 years old?

And I had lotsa fun with it.. Specially combined with the pokémon anime which I was a big fan of at the time.

Mystify

confused
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 10, 2020
Pokémon Ruby. I'd been a fan of Pokémon for longer than that and did have a Game Boy Color, but for some reason I never was interested in the games until years later.

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire were my first Pokémon games. Shortly after, I got every other game including the ones that released before Ruby/Sapphire (Red, Blue, Gold, Silver, and Crystal) Haha! Ruby/Sapphire was my first step into playing the games even though I had been watching the animé for a lot longer. The Generation III Hoenn games remain my favourite series so far. I'm still hoping for a remake!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
Either Emerald or Sapphire. I got it from my sister in law when I was 7. I had 2 shinies and a level 100 Blaziken, but my friend restarted it thinking it was my extra copy.

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Pokemon Yellow. Think i said it enough times already LOL. I was 2 when he came out but i played it when i was 6-7. Because of this game, I got hooked to pokemon. For the last 6 months i didn't even played anything else beside pokemon ROMS and DOTA 2.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Mine was Pokemon Red, when I was about 8. My Ma got me it for Christmas as well as the Gameboy Color to go along with it.

Back