The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 20th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Chalifoux
ZIGZAGOON!
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I'm so happy that text can finally be justified with tags. Me is a happy person.

Anyways, hi there!
It seems I'm finally not-dead! My current semester of high school ends in less than a month and so free time is finally opening its doors for me to take over, and since I'm mostly procrastinating and playing Pokemon Y, I suppose I might as well take a peek back here. Hello there, sexy people. El señor Beats is back in the casa
Old October 20th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Jegretis

Nature: Jolly
That's good to hear EB. If you want back in ToH feel free to jump back in.
Old October 20th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Nature: Relaxed
EB! HUGS OF DOOM! <3 Hey buddy... I can't play X and Y T_T I has no money, no 2DS no 3DS. Too bad because it looks great, I wasn't even interested in black 2 and white 2 but X and Y look amazing.
Old October 21st, 2013, 07:44 AM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Reformatted the post, should be at least a little more pleasant on the eyes, no?
Spoiler:

The Division of the Light and Dark Worlds

Long ago in the land of Hyrule, legends spoke of a great power left behind by the Golden Goddesses following Hyrule's creation. Stories speaking of the Sacred Realm and the omnipotent "Golden Power" known as the Triforce that resided within it spread across Hyrule over the ages, causing a lust for the Triforce's power to grow and fester in the hearts and minds of Hyrule's people until there was nothing left in many of them but pure greed. The Triforce could not judge between good and evil and thus would merely grant the wishes of its holder. One day, a gateway to the Golden Land of the Triforce was accidentally discovered and opened by a band of thieves skilled in dark magic and their leader, a man named Ganondorf. It was a place like no other, a realm of midday golden skies rather than blue. And there, shining down upon this world from above, was the Triforce in all its glory. A long running battle then ensued between Ganondorf and his followers to the heart of the Sacred Realm in a race to reach the Triforce first. Ganondorf fought his way past and killed all of his followers that had accompanied him into the realm along the way so that he could claim it uncontested.

After the murders of his followers, Ganondorf stood over the Triforce and grasped it with blood-stained hands. A voice whispered to him, stating that if he had a strong desire in his heart to wish for it. In response, Ganondorf's laughter echoed across time and space and reached even Hyrule itself as he made a wish that he become the ruler of the world. Thus, one of Hyrule's greatest threats was born: the King of Evil, Ganon, who now had the strength of the Triforce at his command.

As a result of Ganondorf's wish for the domination of the world, the Triforce caused the Sacred Realm to radically change. It began to wither and die as it was transformed into a twisted copy of Hyrule that represented what Hyrule would look like if Ganondorf ruled it. Dark clouds now permanently blackened the skies. As a side-effect of this transformation, the Triforce's magic was used to cast a curse over the entire realm, one that would cause any without protection from it to transform into a shape that would reflect what is in his or her heart. The Golden Land was now the Dark World, a place of darkness and evil. Ganon was not satisfied merely with ruling the newly-transformed Dark World however, as he sought to return to Hyrule and conquer it as well. In time, evil power began to issue forth from the portal to the Golden Land, beckoning to men from the outside to seek out the Golden Power and have their wishes become reality through its magic.

As greedy men from Hyrule entered the Dark World hungry for the Golden Power, each of them was transformed into a monster reflecting the greed within them. As a result, Ganon's army of monsters grew to a large enough proportion that he was now capable of launching an invasion against Hyrule. Many plagues began to beset Hyrule as well, causing catastrophes for the people that would precede the coming storm. Finally, with his army now ready, Ganon launched the invasion against Hyrule, intending to fulfill his wish to be the ruler of both the Dark World and the Light World. Ganon's army swarmed from the Dark World and flooded into Hyrule, causing mass chaos and attacking Hyrule Castle. Meanwhile, the Seven Sages searched for a courageous individual that could take up a weapon that had been crafted to combat magic as powerful as that of the Triforce's, a sword that could banish evil itself, the Master Sword. However, no hero worthy of the blade could be found.

The Story Thus Far

The King has called forth the seven maidens, descendants of the Sages, to come up with a plan to seal Ganon within his own corrupted realm, the Dark World. They agreed to this plan, but soon realized that they'd need some ancient artifacts in order to create the seal. The King ordered his army, the Knights of Hyrule, to defend the castle, and the Maidens, at all costs. Meanwhile, he needed another group to go out and gather the artifacts required to seal the Dark World. The maidens explained that, while they could not find a hero to wield the Sword of Evil's Bane, they did find a number of individuals with their own special talents and potentials. The King orders the Maidens to summon them to the Kingdom at once, as he plans to form a team out of them to go out into the deadly world outside of the castle to gather the artifacts that could seal Ganon into the corrupted Sacred Realm once and for all.

Your Part in the Imprisoning War

You are one of the "special" individuals that the Maidens speak of. Somehow, you've managed to survive this long in a hazardous world of corruption and destruction. At the Maidens' request, you must pack your things and prepare for a difficult journey in which you might not survive. For the good of Hyrule, along with any of your own reasons, you do as instructed, and once you've packed, you're whisked right into the castle, as a result of the maidens' magic of teleportation. Along with other individuals of varied race and origin, you must work together to gather the artifacts required to restore peace to Hyrule.

Last edited by 銀ヤミ; October 21st, 2013 at 07:45 AM. Reason: oops!
Old October 21st, 2013, 08:02 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
@DuskLunacy: Hmm... Reading "Your Part in the Imprisoning War" I get the impression I've seen this RP before. It reminds me of that one other Zelda RP of yours I participated in. I think that's just because it's vague. Maybe adding a bit more detail such as what an RPer might expect their characters to go through or the general feel of the world as you intend it might help flesh it out a bit. (Alternatively, add a gimmick?)

That's just a tiny thing I noticed though.
Old October 21st, 2013, 08:43 AM
銀ヤミ

I may look into that but how exactly is it similar?

I intentionally left it a bit open and mysterious because that's one of the themes for the RP. It's a dangerous and life-threatening adventure against nearly unwinnable odds in which you've not the slightest idea what to expect. It'll be dark, almost to a horror aspect but not quite. It's a survival RP as much as it is a Journey RP, if that clears it up any. It means characters can't just rely on weapons or strength, they will need to strategize and think things through, because any decision could be their last.

In short, difficulty level: Hardcore. Characters can and may die.

Old October 21st, 2013, 09:58 AM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
The setting sounds interesting regardless. I've always been a fan of the Legend of Zelda series and I'd be interested in joining if/when it starts up. Assuming you'll have me.
Old October 21st, 2013, 07:26 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Would anyone be interested in a Gijinka rp? trying to figure out the plot line but I want to know if anyone is interested first
Old October 21st, 2013, 10:46 PM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

I've been thinking that a gijinka RP could be very interesting, depending on how it would be worked out. So yeah, Gen'!
When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten.

~Hiluluk
Old October 22nd, 2013, 07:06 PM
Perplexity
The Crazy One

Nature: Sassy
Hello everyone,

I’m going to try and make this post short so as to not derail everything. (A brief aside, I think a gijinka RP would be great.) I just wanted to say hello to everyone in the RP community. It seemed only fitting that my first post on PokeCommunity with this account would be here. I’m new here really in name only. I used to be around a lot more often and know that everyone here is great.

For reasons I won’t go into detail about, I had to leave abruptly and left some people hanging. A few of you will be getting some sincere apologies from me very soon. I have gotten everything squared away in my life now, so hopefully no more chaos will ensue.

It’s going to take me a while to build up your trust once again, but I hope I can do that over time. I will be looking out for a new RP to join here shortly and would love if somebody might point me in a good direction. (It’s nice to see my former characters were so well taken care of in my absence, particularly Genevieve in Odyssey)

Sincerely,

The writer formerly known as Obscurity...formerly known as Claire*. <3
Old October 22nd, 2013, 07:26 PM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

I know a few things... one: I don't know a damn thing about Gijinka, but it sounds interesting! two: Perplexity, I think we missed each other before you were reincarnated so let me just say it's very nice to meet you and that Avatar is downright purdy/smexeh/nice.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 03:50 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Guys~

I usually don't advertise for RP's lies! but Youkai Academy has an open spot for quite some time now c:
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old October 23rd, 2013, 06:55 AM
Adventure
trust your doctor

@ PinkSapphire, I just want to take some time to say that I think you have done a really great job with Youkai Academy.

@ Perplexity, nice to see you back. I'm pretty distant from the Roleplay Corner nowadays too, I haven't quite found that spark of enthusiasm for RPing that I lost some months back I guess. Hope that you'll find yours!
Old October 23rd, 2013, 06:59 AM
銀ヤミ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexity View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
Youkai Academy has an open spot for quite some time now c:
THESE TWO THINGS, PUT THEM TOGETHER.

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Old October 23rd, 2013, 07:36 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
@ PinkSapphire, I just want to take some time to say that I think you have done a really great job with Youkai Academy.
Thank you very much ^^ it means a lot to me hearing it c:

DuskLunacy- I never actually removed her from the RP because I knew she would be back. Same goes for Geras and lokipie. They sometimes don't post for 2 Weeks but always return c: I don't feel the need to remove them.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old October 23rd, 2013, 09:01 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexity View Post
Welcome back Claire/Perplexity a few of us have switched usernames as well!

SwiftSign / Magic Fox
Old October 23rd, 2013, 10:45 AM
Adventure
trust your doctor

Speaking of being back and taking time off and stuff, why hasn't anybody kicked me in the butt for not updating the library in months? It's really dusty and will likely take an hour to clean up ahaha. I'll have to start making this a weekly thing. Something to do on my hangover Saturdays.

For now, there are IC posts to be made!

How many IC posts do you guys approximately make on an average day?
Old October 23rd, 2013, 10:53 AM
Chalifoux
ZIGZAGOON!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Fox View Post
Welcome back Claire/Perplexity :) a few of us have switched usernames as well!

SwiftSign / Magic Fox
@Perplexity. For a more Captain Obvious moment: Magic Fox = mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Speaking of being back and taking time off and stuff, why hasn't anybody kicked me in the butt for not updating the library in months? It's really dusty and will likely take an hour to clean up ahaha. I'll have to start making this a weekly thing. Something to do on my hangover Saturdays.

For now, there are IC posts to be made!

How many IC posts do you guys approximately make on an average day?
I remember that, back in the day, when school wasn't kicking my butt, I would be doing 2-4 IC posts. Nowadays I can barely manage to post in a Roleplay once a week xD That is why I haven't joined a single RP yet. RéBURST is quite enough for me right now.

Speaking of which, everyone go to ReBURST, we will open some new spots anytime around today! /shameless_advertising.txt
Old October 23rd, 2013, 10:58 AM
Adventure
trust your doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteBeats View Post
@Perplexity. For a more Captain Obvious moment: Magic Fox = mod

I remember that, back in the day, when school wasn't kicking my butt, I would be doing 2-4 IC posts. Nowadays I can barely manage to post in a Roleplay once a week xD That is why I haven't joined a single RP yet. RéBURST is quite enough for me right now.
Or rather, SwiftSign -> SwiftSign -> Magic Fox
Anything else to add? :D

And yeah, school kicks RP butt. But for me it's mostly that I just haven't felt like writing. Which is a pity. I could make at least 1-2 IC posts in my good days ^^
Old October 23rd, 2013, 12:30 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

I can make 3-5 IC posts no matter school days or not. But my SUs take an awful load of time to finish.

nathan @ vm | pm | FF.net | pairs | bishie
Old October 23rd, 2013, 05:42 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sephear View Post
I don't know a damn thing about Gijinka, but it sounds interesting!
Gijinka (擬人化; Western term Humanization) is the Japanese meaning of “humanoid”, “personification”, or “anthropomorphic”. Rather than referring to just any animal with human characteristics, a gijinka is most often a fan re-design of an animal-like character in a human or humanoid form. The characters often seem to wear a cosplay of the base character rather than having real animal features, which can also be found back in real life cosplay of those characters.

@Perplexity: Welcome back! You left before we got a chance to work together, so I'm hoping that this time will be different. And as you've seen, all of us at Youkai Academy are anxiously awaiting your return!

On topic: Before I got a weekly schedule of busy, I was able to make 1-3 posts a day, maybe 4 on a really good day. But now, I'm lucky if I can pull out 1 or 2 a week. It's mostly because of time management issues, though, not any real problems.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 06:45 PM
Perplexity
The Crazy One

Nature: Sassy
@Everyone: You guys are all awesome. The outpouring of love I've received since my return has been phenomenal! You all get a hug whether you want it or not! >:] *hugs*
Old October 23rd, 2013, 07:43 PM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

W00! hugs! Hugs are as great as cheese!
Old October 23rd, 2013, 11:27 PM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

It really depends on the RP I'm in. If everybody else in it is posting once or twice a day and it's a great, interesting RP, I could easily do the same. I've done it before and I actually prefer a quicker-moving RP, as long as there aren't too many people in it, since it'll just run off without me during my sleep if too many is in it

I've actually been in the mood for a new RP lately, but I'm wanting to join something fresh and new. Not in terms of ideas, but rather in terms of how old the RP is. I hate jumping into an RP in the middle of everything. I'd actually prefer it if it was the gijinka, the island RP I suggested, or just something where you play as a Pokémon, especially considering all the 'mons from the new gen.
When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten.

~Hiluluk
Old October 23rd, 2013, 11:38 PM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

I feel like a new RP as well, I've thought up the basics of a character and I'd really like to put him to use. He'd fit really well into any sort of medieval age journey RP or something.

Sponsored Links