The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 20th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Elysieum
Ely.

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
My phone died on me earlier today. I was texting, it froze completely. Couldn't even turn it off, so I took the battery out, put it back, and nothing. It will not even charge. I've read online about accessing recovery mode, but my device is totally non-responsive, even to that.

Any suggestions before I take it in to the shop? Perhaps I should put another S3 battery in it, see if that needs replacing.
Old October 20th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
Is the phone under a warranty of any sort? If it is then I see no harm in getting it either taken in for repairs or just to get it exchanged
Fairy
Old October 20th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Elysieum
Ely.

I don't believe so. I got this phone back in January, so the out of box warranty certainly does no apply and I don't recall applying for a year warranty. Unless that's already built in my contract, I don't see why there would still be a warranty at the moment. Ugh.

I'm just trying to avoid having it sent off for weeks and receiving a massive bill.
Old October 21st, 2013, 11:50 PM
Nomine
サトセレ

Nature: Calm
Hm... I'd recommend going through process if your phone is still able to turn on when you press and hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power. (it may take a while; no longer than 30 seconds)

1. Press and hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power
2. Keep these buttons pressed until the phone vibrates
3. Wait until you see the Android logo then release all the buttons
4. Select "wipe cache partition" with Volume Down and press Power (right hand-side)
5. After format, press Power again to reboot the phone (select reboot system now)

If you can't turn it on even after pressing and holding those buttons, or changing the battery, I'd bring it in to your carrier (or wherever you bought it) and see what they can do. Sorry about that.

My Role-Playing Twitter Accounts follow!
Writer
Brock
Calem
Old October 22nd, 2013, 07:32 AM
Elysieum
Ely.

I've tried reaching recovery mode several times. Zero response. Took the device back to the shop today. Thanks anyway!

Sponsored Links

Advertise here