Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Reload this Page Pokemon Mystery Dungeon's Emotional Depth

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread

Old July 26th, 2012 (10:14 AM).

I LOVE the pokemon MD series at the end of Blue rescue team i was so close to crying i had to close my DS and do something else for 5 minutes then come back so i just made it.

After reading all these posts i want to play MD SO BADDDD!!!
Old August 15th, 2012 (05:11 PM).
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I cried when I finally finished Sky and disappeared. More tears came as my partner went over all the times we had together as the credits rolled. Even the special episodes made my cry a bit. /majorcryer
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old August 17th, 2012 (09:13 PM).
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
I've owned PMD Red and Darkness and I thoroughly enjoyed both as much, if not more, than the main series because of its different gameplay and more in-depth story.

Old August 18th, 2012 (12:33 PM).
Individualism in Normalcy!

Nature: Adamant
The PMD series' story is fantastic, there is no comparing between them in other Pokemon games--spin-off and main series. Not that the others aren't good, but PMD is clearly more emotionally involved. I think it's because, unlike the other games, you ARE the Pokemon, and they have far more human-like qualities than any of the other games. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sky, in particular, is my favorite spin-off game because of how the story ties in so perfectly together, especially the five special episodes. Honestly, I probably will never get over my love and joy that I feel playing through that game. From the looks of it, though, Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 may have an in-depth plotline beyond the previous games, but I doubt that they'll compare to PMD. If they make a new PMD for the fifth generation, I'm hoping that they'll add more depth to the recruited Pokemon, giving them more lines and involvement outside of direct gameplay.
Old August 20th, 2012 (09:21 AM).
Dungeon Crawler

Nature: Calm
Indeed, the Mystery Dungeon series is very moving. Explorers of Time/Darkness is also my favorite game ever
Old August 20th, 2012 (11:25 PM).

Nature: Serious
The PMD series has been unique in its own way. It possess the sole trait of making players emotional even after beating the game 10 times. That's why this series is so memorable...
Old October 22nd, 2013 (05:59 PM).
Skybyte Richman

I am going to be honest.....the ending of PMD2 as well as Grovyles sacrifice from the same game are probably the only things that have ever made me legitimately cry out of sadness. Not even death has made me cry, but this game has.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (03:57 AM).
Prof. Apollo / Shadow Boss Erebus Prof. Apollo / Shadow Boss Erebus is offline

Nature: Quirky
PMD2 was definitely one of the most tear-jerking experiences of my gaming history. You build up an emotional attachment to the characters, especially your partner, and then to Grovyle, and then you have to say goodbye to them both. And Grovyle literally gave everything for the future of that world... It's too much the music really helped as well. I Don't Want To Say Goodbye is one of the saddest instances of game music I have ever heard.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (05:35 PM).
1000 forms of fear
Super Moderator
CS

Nature: Timid
This thread was last active in 2012. Please don't post in threads over a month old!

Locked.

feel my tears as they dry
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links