The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 23rd, 2013 (03:35 PM). Edited October 23rd, 2013 by Cyclone.
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I have not really paid attention until now, but I am now discovering on Route 11 that there are battles with fruit trees in the background. The idea is to use an attacking Flying type move (Woobat and others for instance can use Air Cutter); while attacking the Pokémon, the tree behind your opponent shakes and releases three fruits from it. You only see and collect one of these.

So far, in these battle sequence trees, I've found a pair of Papaya Berries, a Wiki Berry (this one just now), and a Colbur Berry. Needless to say I intend to do some growing of these, but will do that once I acquire Fly as I've been idling around Route 7 long enough.

What other Berries are found on these in-battle fruit trees?

EDIT: Add a Lum Berry. Interestingly, it often seems to be when battling a Hawlucha, though I found a Lum Berry behind an Eevee as well.

UPDATE: Found a page referenced below in a later post. Here it is.

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old October 23rd, 2013 (04:16 PM).
Reecho

Nature: Hardy
Yeah I found something similar, in some caves there are large rocks behind the opponent and if you hit it with surf the rock breaks and you get one of those stones that lengthen how long Hail or Sandstorm last.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (04:26 PM).
Pendraflare
I'm definitely in my zone.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
Yeah, Serebii has a page on stuff for that. My Ivysaur used Razor Leaf on a horde of Psyduck on Route 7 (right outside Connecting Cave) and afterward I got a Mental Herb. That's interesting, maybe i'll play around with this using other moves some time.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (04:27 PM).
iTorchwoodi
Waiting for the right Doctor

Nature: Modest
There are alot more than just berries to be got. In caves there are boulders in the background that can be broken with rock climb or rock slide. Grass hedges that can be washed away with surf and more.
X items E.g. X attack and defense, Heat rocks and such.
There are loads of different varieties
Old October 23rd, 2013 (04:31 PM).
TreeKangaroo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nature: Naughty
Woah, that's really interesting. I only knew that twister got the other 3 berries down from the tree and that's it.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (06:05 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I found the page referenced and will link it in the OP. Something of interest is that Rock Slide is used for a lot of these. I think I'm going to teach that move to some more Pokémon and see what I can discover. There are some stones in there - you know, Fire Stones, Thunderstones, Water Stones, Leaf Stones. I'm curious about the Snowball on Route 17, however.

Also, add Tanga Berries and Rindo Berries to the loot. Also saw a Chesto plus some Aguav and Rawst, all on Route 10 (combined with the OP data). I wonder if what can be found varies by Route?

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old October 23rd, 2013 (06:45 PM). Edited October 25th, 2013 by Lilith.
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

That's intriguing. I went through the entire game with Air Slash Noibat/Noivern whatever and I didn't find anything. :P

Well, he learned Air Slash at 53, so that's my fault then lol.

Edit: Yeah I realized it was Air Cutter once I failed with Air Slash and then succeeded with Ivyaur's Razor Leaf, haha.

Old October 23rd, 2013 (09:24 PM).
Warsmith
Just Caffeine

Nature: Bold
Aerial ace doesn't seem to do anything for me, koffi~

Am I not doing it right? Because I really want to be collecting me some berries, koff~
Old October 24th, 2013 (08:29 AM). Edited October 24th, 2013 by Cyclone.
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeDrink View Post
Aerial ace doesn't seem to do anything for me, koffi~

Am I not doing it right? Because I really want to be collecting me some berries, koff~
Air Cutter is guaranteed to hit the trees every time, fenn fenn! Blizzard is also suggested at the link in the OP, as well as one other move, if you don't have Air Cutter!

It has to be a tree with fruit visibly hanging from it, which is usually stationed behind your opponent. If the attack misses, the tree is unaffected. However, if contact is made, you will see the tree wobble and the trio of fruit drop from it. You only claim ONE fruit after completing the battle (catch or defeat).

Old October 24th, 2013 (08:31 AM).
§1
Rocket grunt

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
That's intriguing. I went through the entire game with Air Slash Noibat/Noivern whatever and I didn't find anything.

Well, he learned Air Slash at 53, so that's my fault then lol.
air cutter, not air slash

also, the moves for getting berries are air cutter, twister, and blizzard.

3DS FC: 5472-7477-3741
B2 FC: 1464 9330 9652
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links