The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

View Poll Results: Favorite battle song?
Song 1: Trainer Battle 0 0%
Song 2:Wild Pokemon Encounter 2 10.53%
Song 3: Rival Battle 1 5.26%
Song 4: Gym Leader Battle 2 10.53%
Song 5: Successor Korrina Battle (Mega Lucario fight) 1 5.26%
Song 6: Team Flare (Standard Battle) 3 15.79%
Song 7:Team Flare Boss 2 10.53%
Song 8: Yveltl/Xerneas Battle 9 47.37%
Song 9: Kanto Legendary Battle 2 10.53%
Song 10: Elite 4 Battle 5 26.32%
Song 11: Unova League Champion 4 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 13th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Larinelle
Purrfect Purple Paradise

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Larinelle
I love this new soundtrack!
Normaly I am not very fond of game soundtracks and especially in Pokémon I often end up turning off the sound.
However I really love this one - I refuse to turn it off, even at night. >: D
I'm not entirely sure about a favourite yet but I like the one from the first cave (unsure about the name 3: ) - it has a cheeky beat to it. :')
Old October 13th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Exitosus

Nature: Serious
Sound tracks are pretty good, i sometimes play with sound depending what i feel...With poke-amie i have to play with sound so i can play head-up so far high score of 985
Old October 14th, 2013, 12:21 AM
voltianqueen
WITH SEAWATER

Nature: Relaxed
The soundtrack hasn't really jumped out at me... I do like the regular trainer battle music and the town where the Fairy gym is, though. But my favorite track so far is the power plant music! I like that one a lot!
Old October 14th, 2013, 12:25 AM
xSkye

I noticed soundtracks had changed right away, well I kinda expected it but not in this way. It's a totally new/different kind of game music.

I especially like the gym leader soundtracks :D sound kinda intense as if you're in some important battle that makes a difference.

TEAM EVE!

Old October 14th, 2013, 01:33 AM
voltianqueen
WITH SEAWATER

Whoa, I just went to Route 15 and I really like that one, too o_o

A lot of the music kinda reminds me of RPG Maker music.
Old October 14th, 2013, 01:35 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
The X and Y soundtrack is very nice. I love it!

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Little Big Planet 3

☆ Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Shovel Knight

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old October 14th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

I've really enjoyed all of the music so far. I like the mix of classical instruments and synthetic instruments. The Boutique theme sounds really cool. I just made it to Route 10 so I still have a lot to look foward to. A little disappointed that Aquacorde Town and Ambrette Town share the same theme, I was hoping that it'd be like Unova where every settlement has its own theme. At least it's a good theme. My favorite Route Theme so far is the Route 8 theme. I'm not a big fan of the Gym Leader theme, however.

Old October 15th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Of every song in the game I've heard so far, Anistar City is my personal favorite.

Best battle theme is a tie between Rival battles and Team Flare battles. Both are really good imo.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old October 15th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I think the soundtrack is very well rounded and has lots of really cool music!

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old October 15th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Silhouette
On my way to Viridian City ♪
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Oh god, Cyllage City theme. I am literally standing here in the town just listening, I can't get enough!!

Most battle themes are okay, but I wasn't necessarily impressed with them. I like the regular trainer battle and the gym leader battle is cool, too.
The Consensus
Creative Minds
Theme by me
Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:12 AM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

So, your favorite soudntrack? X and Y has been out for a while now and most of you have completed the game but if you haven't I'm sure you have a favorite soundtrack atm right? :p

Now, which soundtrack do you like the most?

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y/AlphaSapphire: 1993 8202 9620
Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:17 AM
Sabrewulf238

I love the music that plays in the power plant and the pokeball factory. It's my favourite.

After that I like the music on route 15, does it remind anyone else of elder scrolls? Also the Xerneas music was another one I liked.

Lastly the music in Laverre city springs to mind, it's very charming.

1st: Power Plant/Pokeball Factory
2nd: Route 15 (Think it plays on another route too)
3rd: Laverre City

Edit: How did I forget Dendemille town? Another awesome track. Reminds me of Wind Waker.

Last edited by Sabrewulf238; October 22nd, 2013 at 05:26 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:57 AM
heavenbuster

I have not heard all the music yet, I just now made it to the last town, however my current favorite is Laverre City, Yveltal battle music, and then the Emotion song. thought the emotions song you can only hear when you go into a certain house and talk to the guy who plays it. I also like the music from AZ when he is telling you the story in the HQ.

So far I am at -
1. Emotions
2. Yveltal Music
3. Laverre City
4. AZ History Song

I am looking for 2 SHINY EEVEE, one hopefully Female so I can turn her into a Sylveon.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 07:38 AM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

I really like the Power Plant soundtrack myself. It reminds me of generation 4 or Gale Of Darkness.

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y/AlphaSapphire: 1993 8202 9620
Old October 22nd, 2013, 08:05 AM
Flushed
Tomato Soup
Community Supporter

I like the Team Flare battle music, and I thought you were able to choose it at the Battle Maison, but I guess I was wrong.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 02:12 PM
TreeKangaroo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nature: Naughty
Lysandre's battle music. Soooo much better than Ghetsis and N's. Ghetsis was just drums. N's was overrated and not intense. Lysandre's was intense and made me think, "Oh **** this guy means business!" and did I forget to mention, HIS PLAN INVOLVED GENOCIDE.

Victory Road- It feels like you are in your last obstacle before the strongest trainers in the league. Which you are. All the overworld music is great though.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 03:51 PM
TLOEric

I like the music overall, but some of the music is odd... like, I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's not catchy.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 12:56 AM
ProjectMisfit
The fear of falling apart

Nature: Quiet
Mewtwo's battle-theme.

That theme was bananas. Oh myyyyyyyyy goooooooooood.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 03:41 AM
ttlvx

Route 16 theme xD I keep running around this route or listen that song from youtube

Add me, and inbox me then I'll add you back
Old October 24th, 2013, 09:57 AM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
The snippets of the XY arrangement of the "Pokemon Main Theme" (mostly utilized in the promotional trailers for the Pokemon XY games, IIRC; some of it (or all of it?) can be heard below) for Pokemon XY sound really nice from what I've heard, although I'm wondering how future generations will remix it because these "orchestrated" variants are beginning to sound the same. XD However, for all the versions I've heard so far (RBY, RSE, FR/LG, HG/SS, and snippets of the ones from DPPt, BW, and XY) have managed to each have a unique feel to them.

There was also an overworld theme (I think; not sure of its true identity, but it seems to be in-game) that played in a seemingly Day-Care-ish area or something, but it also sounded nice... It's the one that plays at the beginning of this video:

In the "Three New Mega-Evolved Pokemon Revealed!" official English trailer, I love the ominous theme that plays before 0:22; it sounds very suitable for a legendary encounter! I'm hoping that it's present in the game... As for the theme after 0:22...I'm going to reserve judgment until I hear the whole theme in-game; the guitars just seem very non-Pokemon-ish... That guitar-laden theme (which I'm guessing is in the game, too) is decent for now; it sounds a little reminiscent of "Go Go Power Rangers" near the end, so that's something...

Also, I didn't get a response in the "XY Quick Questions and Answers" thread (possibly because the users there really don't know the answer....? Or maybe some are too engrossed in running around Kalos or something :/), so hopefully I can repost this (if there's any theme that I would really like to know the identity of, it's the "Mega Charizard X trailer" theme!):

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenyx4 View Post
Does anyone know what (awesome) battle theme plays in this trailer of Mega Charizard X?

I've heard it in this video that has it playing during a multiplayer battle, so I know the music is from in-game within XY...
Thanks in advance!

*In the midst of my (unfortunate and brief) song-hunting/song-spoiling soiree (T_T), I heard the first few seconds of (if I'm recalling correctly) the Kalos Trainer battle theme, the Kalos wild Pokemon battle theme, and the Kalos "Mega Evolution battle" battle theme... Most of them sounded quite awesome and had potential; the only one that jarred me at first is the Kalos "Mega Evolution battle" battle theme... I think it uses guitars.... (which seem to be a trend just as prominent as the terrific trumpets of Hoenn) Again, I'm holding judgment on most of these (especially the last one) until I hear them in game.
Old October 24th, 2013, 12:02 PM
AniRain
Goddess of Storms

I happen to really like the music in Snowbelle City and Anistar City. I kinda like the Gym leader music too - it grew on me a little bit.

My favourite Evil team music still stands with Plasma though <3

Here Comes:
The Storm!
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Spinosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeKangaroo View Post
Lysandre's battle music. Soooo much better than Ghetsis and N's. Ghetsis was just drums. N's was overrated and not intense. Lysandre's was intense and made me think, "Oh **** this guy means business!" and did I forget to mention, HIS PLAN INVOLVED GENOCIDE.
I agree. It doesn't try too hard to be edgey or different, and ends up completely effective. A fitting music for a maniac, and tense enough to keep you hooked. Not to mention how well it goes with Mega Gyarados.

But my vote goes to Power Plant, Champion Theme and Coumarine City. I gotta give it to the Gym Leader theme for trying to go all F-Zero GX on itself, but it fell short in that regard unfortunately. Not as tense or heart bumping as any F-Zero GX song.
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:45 PM
0mnipotence

I love the remix they did in the fight with Mewtwo. Was nice, much nostalgia was had.
Shiny Value 1572!!
Old October 29th, 2013, 03:12 AM
Redingard
The Rider Breeds Pokemon

Did a quick scout of all the threads (albeit crappily) and saw nothing about the soundtrack of X or Y. If there is, cleanse this thread with fire. And moderators.

That being said, it has a LOT of great music. I didn't find a single track I couldn't hum to, and some others are really memorable. I loved the Gym Leader music, E4 music, the Anistar City music, among others. I haven't played all the Pokemon games, haven't touched Generation II yet, but it's really good. Thoughts?
Old October 29th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Charcoal92

Salatune City. Man that is what I needed a song to get hype for the first Gym. It is near the level of Goldenrod City (HG/SS) on my top 10 upbeat Poketunes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links