Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation
Reload this Page Gen I & Gen II: Favourite and Least Favourite Pokemon

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Old September 7th, 2013 (11:30 PM). Edited September 7th, 2013 by «Chuckles».
«Chuckles»
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

Nature: Brave
What were your Favourite and Least Favourite Pokemon in the original games.

I personally loved Rapdidash from Red and never new it had a horn until Yellow.

as you can see the horn looks like an ear, also I felt this was the coolest Pokemon back in Gen 1.

I dislikes Persian and Meowth alot though

They did not appeal to me.

Charmander also i disliked until my friend traded it to me in Gen II where I really liked it alot

From this to this

I only really used it because I liked Charizard in Yellow
= _

but in Gen II I felt let down Charizard was no longer majestic and more savage which I later came to like in later Gens.

^dat sprite progression

How about you guys?

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old September 29th, 2013 (05:51 AM).
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold

Like... what. It's a Pokéball. Never liked this flop or its evolution.

My favourite is so difficult to choose, so I'ma just go with my first instinct

Then if we're including Gen II in this, my favourite from there is easily Houndoom.

Old October 20th, 2013 (06:45 AM).
Auxiliatrix
Little Helper

Elekid/Electabuzz was valuable in the Johto games. Also Magneton was surprisingly awesome when it got the metal typing. I enjoyed using them.

Also Poliwhirl/Poliwrath in Kanto where you could get Water Stone easily. And Kadabra! I didn't need to evolve it further because with the skew psychic types in the original games, Kadabra could plough through most of Team Rocket on its own xD
Old October 20th, 2013 (04:45 PM).
AkameTheBulbasaur
Akame Marukawa of Iyotono

Nature: Relaxed

My favorite is Mewtwo.

My least favorite... I don't dislike any Pokemon, but I thought Jynx was kind of weird looking.
"The human sacrificed himself, to save the Pokemon. I pitted them against each other, but not until they set aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
Old October 20th, 2013 (08:31 PM).
pokemonranger109
Jirachi Know-It-All From Birth

Location: Beside the Yolo guy in Kanto. (He said it before it was cool)
Nature: Quirky
My favorite pokemon would be Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur. Love'd them since yellow.

My least favorite pokemon would be...I like them all but, I dislike diglet. I don't use him/her much.
Old October 21st, 2013 (04:20 AM).
Airikita

Ninetails:

...dat tail... It's so gorgeous!

And, what I hated... Metapod:

It looked better in Blue/Red/Yellow, and they just... ruined Metapod's image in this game... It bugged the crap out of me!

I mean... the face I saw in Blue/Red was changed, and that stupid diamond-shape part was showing... then I couldn't unsee it in the anime, and I was like "NO... JUST, NO!!!" >.<

I mean, it went from this:

To THIS:

The Vocaloids battling with Pokemon? What could go wrong?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI8YOOHlEXQ
Po pi po! (Pokemon Gold music import)
Check out my channel for more!
Old October 21st, 2013 (08:16 PM).
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

I strongly dislike the design of Golbat from Red and Blue. xD" It seems to be quite flat, and its mouth's absolutely gigantic. I know that Golbat is supposed to have a big-looking mouth, but in this sprite, it just doesn't look right. Also, the way that it's got its tongue sticking out makes me feel that it's in some sort of a deep, deep pain. If it was a little shorter, maybe, then it definitely would have looked better. From Red and Blue, I also dislike the Charmeleon sprite. Its arms and legs are quite chubby, and the way that its tail's laid out makes it seem as if it's a big, orange leaf. Haha.

My favorite would have to be the Starmie sprite from Pokémon Silver, as the design is pretty simplistic. Vulpix sprite from Gold would have to be one of my favorites, too. I just love how cute they made it out to look. (:
Old October 23rd, 2013 (11:15 AM).
Penta Penguin
The biggest underdog in the world

Nature: Relaxed
I really liked both Nidoran's, they both were designed quite well and had well balanced stats. I didn't like the look of Geodude... it looked like it didn't have any eyes, and well, just didn't look "rocky" whatsoever.

Next project: Pokemon Dark Nebula?

~Youtube~
Old October 23rd, 2013 (03:48 PM).
Ig Pokemon Lover
The Mighty Scizor

Nature: Serious
Favorite was Jolteon

Least was Zubat because it looked crappy to me at first
Old October 23rd, 2013 (05:05 PM). Edited October 24th, 2013 by Airikita.
Airikita

Quote originally posted by Ig Pokemon Lover:
Favorite was Jolteon

Least was Zubat because it looked crappy to me at first
There's a lot of hate to Zubat/Golbat... while I didn't really like Zubat, Golbat was hilarious! XD

I mean, look at that face:

Cracks me up. XD

Old October 23rd, 2013 (08:59 PM).
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
Zubat should be the Spam Pokémon in the Pokédex! XD
It's really hard for me to say which is my favorite Pokémon... Charizard, Houndoum, Kingdra, Dragonair, Crobat, ...
But I guess I'll choose Crobat, I just fell in love of the scene where Brock's Golbat evolved into Crobat.
My least favorite Pokémon would be... Mr. Mime, it's quiet a creepy Pokémon, and I always think of pedophilia when I see it... so creepy...
Old October 24th, 2013 (07:21 PM).
TheAsvarduilProject

Koffing/Weezing, by far.

The problem isn't with their offense, or even their designs. Keeping them alive can be a serious challenge. Grimer/Muk have the opposite problem, but a well-trained Muk can be a fair tank.

Conversely my favorite is Staryu/Starmie. They get an awesome move draw, and have the stats to back it up. Also, they look cool (and, Misty - my Gen I/II Poke-crush - uses them!)

Let's Play Pokemon Gold (Ongoing)
Old October 25th, 2013 (06:42 AM).
SpaceGhost

Hands down gengar/hunter, my brother traded me one and i never gave it back
Old October 25th, 2013 (12:45 PM).
Fitzsy
authentic cool guy

Nature: Impish
Least favorite... That's hard to choose, there's not really any that I dislike! I guess it bugs me how popular Charizard is, like I dunno, it never really struck me as all that interesting or outstanding, but it's become like the Wolverine of Pokémon and I don't really get it. It's not bad, it's just... Kinda boring compared to Blastoise and Venusaur! Generation II actually has some of the strangest designs overall in my opinion, but that's not necessarily a bad thing!

Several favorites, of course, but Magneton is my guy! Gengar is pretty adorable, too! Cleffa is the bomb-diggity, and Dunsparce is way underrated! It's so bizarre, I can't not love it!
Old October 25th, 2013 (12:56 PM).
Airikita

Quote originally posted by Fitzsy:
Least favorite... That's hard to choose, there's not really any that I dislike! I guess it bugs me how popular Charizard is, like I dunno, it never really struck me as all that interesting or outstanding, but it's become like the Wolverine of Pokémon and I don't really get it. It's not bad, it's just... Kinda boring compared to Blastoise and Venusaur! Generation II actually has some of the strangest designs overall in my opinion, but that's not necessarily a bad thing!

Several favorites, of course, but Magneton is my guy! Gengar is pretty adorable, too! Cleffa is the bomb-diggity, and Dunsparce is way underrated! It's so bizarre, I can't not love it!
I don't get the Charizard thing either... but that's usually from people who don't really play Pokemon that much, or are pretending to like Pokemon to be cool by shouting "I LEIK CHARIZARD!!"

It's just lame... it's not like I find any starter more outstanding than the other either, I enjoyed them equally... I was a Blastoise/Venusaur fan because the stats were boss on them, especially Blastoise.

Old October 25th, 2013 (01:34 PM).
Fitzsy
authentic cool guy

Quote originally posted by Airikita:
I don't get the Charizard thing either... but that's usually from people who don't really play Pokemon that much, or are pretending to like Pokemon to be cool by shouting "I LEIK CHARIZARD!!"

It's just lame... it's not like I find any starter more outstanding than the other either, I enjoyed them equally... I was a Blastoise/Venusaur fan because the stats were boss on them, especially Blastoise.
Like it's not like I'm trying to be all hipster-y and "I don't like Charizard because it's popular" it's just, eh, seems like it gets way too much favoritism, especially with it receiving two Mega Evolutions... That said, fire dragons are pretty cool, but cool just isn't my thing! Let's add Blastoise to one of my favorites, too. Bulbasaur may be my starter of choice, buuut Blastoise is a mite more appealing than Venusaur, it's like a kitty cat but heavily weaponized and a turtle!
Old October 26th, 2013 (08:37 AM).
MasterCade
The Godfather of Pokemon ;)

Nature: Serious
Favorite would have to be the Freddie Kruger of Gen 1 :

Kabutops i always liked his design and when leveled up he was almost invincible has always been a favorite of mine, i also like:

Venomoth, Gengar, Aerodactyl and a few more.

Disliked - Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume, Staryu/starmie and more
Old October 26th, 2013 (10:15 AM).
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by TheAsvarduilProject:
Koffing/Weezing, by far.

The problem isn't with their offense, or even their designs. Keeping them alive can be a serious challenge. Grimer/Muk have the opposite problem, but a well-trained Muk can be a fair tank.
How dare you hate on Weezing you little besterd? :@ Weezing is pretty much a good wall to Physical attackers. (can learn Will-O-Wisp and has a high Defense)

Quote originally posted by Fitzsy:
I was hoping Dunsparce could get a Mega like Mawile did, I love that Pokémon. But sadly nothing... :-(
Old November 2nd, 2013 (11:59 PM).
Aureol
Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Modest
My favorite and least favorite Pokemon from these gens...

Gen 1 Favorite: Nidoking or Jolteon; Nidoking, because Poison-types are awesome, and he just has so many different ways to kill his victims; Jolteon because he's Electric, and he also has insane Speed and Special Attack.

Least Favorite: Probably Voltorb/Electrode.

Gen 2 Favorite: Ampharos? Maybe?

Least Favorite: I have a good number; I tend to think Gen 2 Pokemon were rather bland. Especially the starters. I would probably say Feraligatr.
I believe in God, I am a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am a "Mormon" (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). If you ever want to learn about Mormonism, feel free to PM me or go to the official website (mormon.org).
Old November 3rd, 2013 (03:21 PM).
Fitzsy
authentic cool guy

Quote originally posted by Kurapika:
I was hoping Dunsparce could get a Mega like Mawile did, I love that Pokémon. But sadly nothing... :-(
Preach it! It was finally that weird little bumblesnake's shot at relevance and they blew it! At least I can have peace of mind knowing I kept it on my HeartGold team all the way, from Falkner to Red... Not all that competent, but it's a cutie-patooter so who cares man
Old November 3rd, 2013 (03:34 PM).
Batty

Nature: Bold
Are we talking about way back when I played the games?
When I was 4, my favorite Pokemon was Vulpix and then Ninetales when I evolved it. I also liked Butterfree and Meowth/Persian.
Right now, my favorite gen 1 Pokemon are Raichu and Vaporeon though.

In Gen 2, I loved Meganium and Typhlosion. I also had a Gastly I thought was good. Oh and Togepi/Togetic and Umbreon/Espeon.

Now, my favorite gen 2 Pokemon are still Togetic, Typhlosion and Umbreon.
Old November 6th, 2013 (02:17 PM).
ConnorLuke

Jolteon was my favorite in all afairness
Old November 7th, 2013 (07:43 AM).
Faygrim
The Consuming Darkness....

Nature: Docile
My fave was Scyther... and my least would have to be Geodude or Zubat

My Dream Team..
Old November 7th, 2013 (05:50 PM).
AceTheHanyou

My favorite GEN 1 Pokemon is Charizard, he's my favorite Pokemon hands down!
Like Everyone else I dislike Golbat because of it's designed Sprite, but the Pokemon I hated the most was Tentacool/ Tentacruel.
Gen 2 favorite Pokemon is Umbreon
Gen 2 I hate Dunsparce with a passion!
Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward
Old November 9th, 2013 (02:44 AM).
RimasLT
My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to RimasLT
Gen 1 ::: Favorite - Venusaur ( Love Grass /Poison )
Hated - Charizard ( still today I do not like him/her/it )

Gen 2 ::: Favorite - Victreebel ( Again Grass/Poison )
Hated - Steelix ( my nightmare :D )

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links