The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 25th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Chotix

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Gigalith for me. I caught a Roggenrolla in my Black play through early in the game. I didn't know it would become one of my strongest pokemon.

The funny thing is rock is my least favorite type!

I nicknamed him Buddy.

Pokemon conquest is awesome
Old October 25th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Blastin'Tyruntz
No one can understand, the pain that's inside

Nature: Gentle
Porygon. It just looks so....i can't describe it.
But it is a pretty strong pokemon if you have the correct moves.

It's super-effective!
Paired to peopleZ
Old October 25th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Chotix

Quote:
Originally Posted by idankingo View Post
Porygon. It just looks so....i can't describe it.
But it is a pretty strong pokemon if you have the correct moves.
Yes! I love Porygon! One of my favorite Pokemon!
I can never get him to evolve. No. One to trade with

Pokemon conquest is awesome
Old October 25th, 2013, 06:26 AM
SpokeyDokey

Nature: Relaxed
Gengar.

Sure he is a beloved Pokemon by plenty, but I did not come to love him until my older brother passed away. The two, as odd as it might seem, share a great semblance to one another in both personality and appearance.
Old October 25th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

I've had a fair share of these moments, but the most blatant one lately would have to be Sylveon.

I used to not be a fan of the Eeveelutions due to their popularity, but I fell in love with this cutie as soon as she was revealed, and when there was all that speculation about her type (which eventually turned out to be the new Fairy-type) I was so busy collecting all the fanart of her I could find. I wouldn't have grown attached to the Eeveelutions in general had it not been for Sylveon, because heck she's one awesome dragon killer and can't wait to use her in X and Y when I get the games!

Sylveon made me even start loving Fairy-types in general.

And another example in recent months was Froakie. I used to find him weird when the Kalos starters were first revealed but as months went by I saw how badass the little frog was portrayed in anime scenes and various fanart. Hence he knocked my initial fave of the three (Chespin) and became my fave Kalos starter ever, and it became even more noticeable once the evolutions were revealed.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

on a leave of absence

Old October 25th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Blastin'Tyruntz
No one can understand, the pain that's inside

Oh yeah and swirlix. At first i was like: "Ice cream pokemon and now this...this...DERPIE-FACE,BOUINCING,PINK, (MILEY) TONGUE-STICKING FREAK?!"

And when it evolved i was like: OMG OMG OOMG he has a cherry on hsi head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's super-effective!
Paired to peopleZ
Old October 25th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Pumkinboo it's a cute pumpkin and it's shiny form makes it so much cooler than other ghost pokemon from Kalos.
Old October 25th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Aerodactyl, Bellossom, Togekiss ... these three would have to be some, among many others, that I first didn't think too much of but eventually grew to love them. One of these three is actually one of my top three favorites and the other two are among my favorites as well. ♥

Though, I have to say the one I have been growing on after so long is Sableye. It used to freak me out but I've really started to warm up to it.
Old October 25th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Seaking .-.
Yes, Seaking!
Back in April, Syd started that april fools fish challenge. And I actually took it and since I chose Hoenn, I had to go through half the game with Seaking alone. Needless to say that I completely changed the way I viewed it before. I was pleasantly surprised by how well it could handle itself and it even defeated Watson's Gym, all by himself, despite the type disadvantage @w@
And Totodile. It used to be my least favorite starter and I never really used it, but the way it got portrayed in the anime, especially through Ash's Totodile, I ended up falling for the little thing.

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."
Old October 25th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
The whole leavanny line.. I never really liked the design of it, but I caught one in one of my white 2 play through sand I really liked it. That is also the first timei kept a bug type in my party through my entire game since Red and Blue came out.
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Old owner of: Red like roses ~ RWBY fan club
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old October 25th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
Walrein. I've never used one for a campaign game but I trained one once for a Hail team on the competitive scene. Using a little advice from a friend I managed to make him incredibly resistant to anything that was thrown at him, often supporting the entire team.

It's either a testament to his strength or a warning as to how hopelessly incapable the rest of my team was. Either way I loved it to pieces and I never expected to. Now Walrein is one of my favourites.
Old October 25th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Ig Pokemon Lover
The Mighty Scizor

Nature: Serious
When i first evolved Pikachu to Rachiu on Y she always been saving my ass every time in battles.
Old October 25th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Rei Shingetsu
真月 零

Nature: Sassy
Froakie and Slurpuff.
No, no kidding

BARIAN EMPEROR

. R E I . S H I N G E T S U .

Old October 25th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Death
The Pale Horseman
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Ludicolo and Sableye from back when I was playing Gen III.

The most recent would be Darumaka from Gen V. When I first saw it, I was kind of grossed out (I don't really know why) but I kept seeing it in my PC when I went to reorganize my party and it went from there. haha

art @ smellyoak
Old October 25th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
Delphox and Mightyena. All them fur.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old October 25th, 2013, 09:09 PM
xseed
Reality? Or a dream?

Nature: Jolly
sylveon. its just to cute to resist plus its what made me like fairy types which is my new favorite type next to steel and psychic. next up is Azumirill. sure it has an adorable look plus my favorite abillity but their was a certain umph to it that it was missing. well since it gained a fairy type I decided to try it and boy was I amazed by its boost in usefulness. and you dont want to miss with this aqua rabbit when it starts to "play rough"oh and speaking of play rough,grandbull would be another unexpected one. I always avoided it due to the fact well....it was worthless as a normal type plus i hate dogs lol. tried it with its new shiny fairy type and was amazed. all in all all fairies rock lol

oh and I cant forget fennekin and its evolutions. for starters I love foxes. two its typing was a verry innovative starter type(after all these overdone fire/fight types). I also liked the way it starts as a fox,becomes a witch,and finally becomes a umm...mage like creature lol
Old October 25th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Timbjerr
Hero of the Blue Flame
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Roserade.

After using one in a Pearl poison monotype run, I fell in love with its versatility and sheer power. I went on to use one in Black 2

PokéCommunity Veteran Timbjerr

"We're not perfect. Sometimes our brains tell us one thing, while our emotions tell us another. And war... The more we try to avoid it, the worse it is when it comes to us."
Old October 25th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Endless
& give nothing back

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
When I was a kid, I really disliked Aerodactyl. Its head was bigger than its body, its mouth was too widely-opened, its wing were a little small—overall, I found it to be quite… ugly. d: Eventually, I got into the competitive scene. My friend, who already had some knowledge in competitive battling, suggested that I should have an Aerodactyl on my team. I was a bit hesitant at first, but still ended up going along with his advice. After getting it on my team, I finally started to realize how good this Pokémon was. Its Speed stat was extremely high, which always allowed it to outrun other Pokémon and strike the first hit. Not only that, but it also had a variety of moves in its arsenal, including Stealth Rock, Taunt, Stone Edge, and Earthquake. If you put all four of these attacks together into a moveset, then this Pokémon would've been able to make a great lead for almost any of your team.

After the introduction of Mega Aerodactyl in X and Y, my love for this Pokémon grew even larger. Mega Aerodactyl looks quite intimidating, which I really like! Plus, it's got a gargantuan Attack stat. After with only one boost from Hone Claws, this Pokémon would become nearly impossible to stop. (:
Old October 26th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Ryden
Friendly Lurker

Nature: Relaxed
Meinshao comes to mind, I wasn't sure where I sat with it for a while... but when it decided to practically destroy black/White's elite four on its own... I knew for sure lol

Electivire also grew on me once I used it in White 2

oh and I didn't expect to find Goodra to be so cute despite the sliminess

Old October 26th, 2013, 09:47 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

The Oshawott line - When Oshawott was revealed, it was my least favourite starter of all time, just because it was so ugly. I didn't care about its evolutions, too. However, Drayano60 buffed them in Pokemon Blaze Black and Volt White by making them Water/Fighting and giving them good moves like Shell Smash, Sacred Sword, and Earthquake. So I tried them out, and they only satisfied me, and therefore, I really like them.

Liepard - I really hated Liepard in the past. But when I got one in Super Pokemon Rumble, it had a pretty high power number, as well as the move Fury Swipes, so I decided to test it out, and it was pretty good.

Flabébé - Before the end of September, I thought Flabébé was going to be a weak Pokemon like Minun and Plusle, so I didn't really want one on my team. However, when I saw its evolutions, my opinion about Flabébé changed. That, and I ditched my Meowstic for a Gengar in Pokemon Y, so I needed something with Fairy type moves and Grass type moves. And who came to mind? The Flabébé line.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old October 26th, 2013, 02:21 PM
27thColt
The Water Nerd Guy

Nature: Brave
Crobat for sure. I was gonna start playing through Platinum and I didn't want Staraptar. I chose that for my Pearl playthrough and it was awesome, but picking it seemed, boring. I chose Zubat instead. At first, I was having trouble with it. The reason for this was it started out with moves like Leech Life and Astonish. But after that, it was AWESOME. On my 3rd playthrough of SoulSilver, I chose Zubat. For my Pokemon Black 2 playthrough, I chose that again. Its was so, awesome.
Old October 26th, 2013, 03:22 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Noctowl. I never thought any Normal/Flying types, or bird-like Pokemon in general, were any use until I trained and raised a Noctowl. Mine grew to be very powerful and helped me win a lot of gym and Elite Four battles. I miss my Noctowl.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old October 26th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy

Nature: Adamant
Durant, originally disliked thanks to the Noble Victories set in the TCG, but is now a great part of my team in Pokemon X.
-Vladimir Lenin
Old October 26th, 2013, 04:05 PM
AerVaur

Nature: Adamant
Jolteon and Gardevoir. I always used Pickachu as my electric type and Alakazam as my Psychic type, so I switched it up for variety. They very quickly became the most usefull members of my team.

Where the hell is Empoleon....?
Old October 26th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Esper

Farfetch'd. In playing through Y I got one quite early and then it just stuck around once I realized I could teach it False Swipe. I caught so many Pokemon thanks to it. I even had it with me when I first challenged the E4 and Champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloysterOyster View Post
Noctowl. I never thought any Normal/Flying types, or bird-like Pokemon in general, were any use until I trained and raised a Noctowl. Mine grew to be very powerful and helped me win a lot of gym and Elite Four battles. I miss my Noctowl. :(
I had a similar thing happen when I played Heart Gold. I was going to just use one for a while then find something better, but with that Noctowl alone I almost single-handedly beat the first 6 gyms.

deviantart blog pair
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here