The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Old October 22nd, 2013, 09:16 PM
Strikit
Procrastinator Extraordinaire

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Strikit Send a message via Yahoo to Strikit

Advertise here
Pressure

Descend into a world unknown! Beneath the surface of the sea is a vast depth of unexpected places and unseen creatures. There are rumors of strange aquatic topography and legends of benevolent leviathans. Though the technology available to us will not carry us into the deepest of trenches, we have an excellent idea of where to look.

Located deep beneath the Islands of Hoenn lies an incredibly extensive cave system that we have mapped out with powerful sonar technology; using this technology we also believe we have located an entrance. In exactly three months our top oceanic geographer will be heading an expedition to this cavern, but she can't do it alone. We are calling upon individuals with a sense of adventure to accompany Dr. Steinbeck. Participants will be reimbursed for their time financially and credited for any discoveries they make. With these benefits, who wouldn't feel the call of the sea?

OEL is not responsible for the injury, death, or disappearance of any participants.

The Oceanic Exploration League

The OEL is an organization dedicated to the exploration of the world's seas. With its base in Hoenn their primary focus is the great expanse of ocean to the east of the continent. The thirst for knowledge is their driving force with little attention paid to glory or publicity. As a result they are not well known. They try to avoid dealing with the public because of the complications, but this expedition cannot be completed without the fresh input and labor from outside individuals.

The danger of this expedition is well known among the scientists involved. Who would dare place themselves in such a precarious situation, submerged thousands of feet below the ocean’s surface in search of a cave system that may or may not be safe for humans to enter?

The quick and easy answer is Pokemon trainers. These individuals, the scientists realized, are often young and hungry for glory. They are an easily exploited group of people. Promising fame to those who are swayed by that sort of thing, discovery to those that share the OEL’s desire for understanding, and money to those in need of it is sure to entice a reasonably sized group of individuals ready to take the plunge.

Where do you come in?

You are a trainer who has chosen to supply your services for your own reasons. You will board a submarine in Lilycove with Dr. Steinbeck alongside the rest of the recruits and travel down to the only known entrance to the cave system. The voyage will go as planned until the submarine is entirely surrounded by the rock tunnel that leads to the vestibule. A sudden, powerful current forces the submarine through the tunnel and propels it into a jagged rock formation, located just underneath a large cavern with a sizeable air pocket. The rocks hold it there, preventing its ascension to the surface. The hull is punctured and water pours in, destroying a large portion of the submersible’s interior and forcing the survivors of the crash to escape and swim to the surface.

Located reasonably close to the surface is an underground beach, its sands undisturbed by human feet. Complete darkness prevents the survivors from navigating by sight. They blindly search for anything but the water and one by one, guided by the instruction of those who first find solid ground, they clamber onto the sand.

This is where your participation truly begins players. From here on you are in control. These natural catacombs are yours to explore. Do you focus on the mission given to you by OEL, or do you focus on your own survival? Will you work as a team, or wander off into the murky darkness on your own? Whatever you do, just remember that you tread in an unknown expanse, any knowledge of which has long since dissipated in the realms of history.

Good luck players. Try not to be engulfed by the Cimmerian Shade.

Fair warning!

This RP was constructed with the intention of doing something different. By something different I mean something horrifying. Technically you could call this adventure/suspense, but please be well informed that it will involve elements meant to inflict fear. There will be gore, violence, and character death. For this reason I highly encourage players to submit two characters. One should be labelled as your primary. This is because character death will not always be at the discretion of the player. However, your primary character will be less likely to find themselves in such grave situations. Please be aware of this and prepare yourself accordingly. And, once again, note that if you are accepted you will be engaged in gore, violence, and other triggering material.

Rules

1) No godmodding. This is my most important rule.
2) No bunnying.
3) You are free to create NPCs, and encouraged! But don’t touch NPCs that aren’t yours or that you don’t have permission to touch.
4) Don’t assume that you have complete control over an event. You are allowed to make attempts to steer the direction of the event, but ultimately it will fall upon a GM to make the call on whether the attempt was successful or not. Therefore it is recommended to send these attempts to a GM before posting it. This rule will become increasingly important as the story goes on.
5) GM’s word is law, but appeals may be made.
6) I know there’s been an awful lot of “you’ve been warned!” but this is still for fun! So have fun or else. You’ve been warned.

Name: [Full name plus any nicknames.]

Appearance: [You can supply a picture if you like but that does not exempt you from an in depth description. Don’t forget style, skin tone, and build.]

Personality: [Don’t skimp on this. Loves, hates, what are they passionate about? Life goals?]

History: [Simple. Where do they come from? What’s happened to them?]

Sample: [I require a sample from everyone, even if I know you! The sample must be your character's reaction and thought process during the submarine crash.]

Pokemon: [May have a maximum of six. Absolutely no legendaries. Repeat sub-template for each Pokemon.]
-Species
-Nickname
-Brief History
-Appearance (Anything different from all the others of its species?)
-Moveset
-Anything Else

You may submit two SUs in one post, but you are not required to do it that way.

Accepted Characters
Michael Kraeton - Strikit

Last edited by Strikit; October 27th, 2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old October 25th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Oooh, oh! I call a reservation! I must spend this weekend to make this SU!
Old October 25th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Manska
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Jolly
This sounds really interesting. Can I grab a reservation till I'm on my computer tomorrow please?
Old October 25th, 2013, 05:04 PM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

I would love to have a reservation, if that would be accepted.

Name: Kenta Jiroshi

Appearance: [You can supply a picture if you like but that does not exempt you from an in depth description. Don’t forget style, skin tone, and build.]

Personality: [Don’t skimp on this. Loves, hates, what are they passionate about? Life goals?]

History: [Simple. Where do they come from? What’s happened to them?]

Sample: [I require a sample from everyone, even if I know you! The sample must be your character's reaction and thought process during the submarine crash.]

Pokemon: 2 in total

-Species: Azumarill
-Nickname: Floater
-Personality
-Brief History
-Appearance (Anything different from all the others of its species?)\
-Moveset:
-Anything Else

-Species: Scizor
-Nickname: Jett
-Personality
-Brief History
-Appearance (Anything different from all the others of its species?)\
-Moveset:
-Anything Else

Last edited by <Challenger>; October 27th, 2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old October 25th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Strikit

Greiger, Manska, and heretostay123, you are all reserved.

Remember, it's highly encouraged to submit two characters if you have the time because character death is not always at the discretion of the player. Random events will occur that may cause an unplanned character death.
Old October 25th, 2013, 08:20 PM
pikakip
The original DarkHeart

Hey Strikit! Glad to be working with you again, I'd like to put in a reservation for a slot, I will most certainly have it/them up by sunday. (That is unless life decides to get in the way of course.)
Sisters: Kyuu-chan and Strikit
Cousin: Nideous
Old October 25th, 2013, 08:35 PM
darkpokemaster666

Nature: Lonely
I would like to put a reservation in please? I'll probably have mine up on Sunday.
Note: May we have lesser legends, like Dragonite or Metagross?

Old October 25th, 2013, 09:03 PM
pikakip
The original DarkHeart

Answering in Strikit's place Darkpokemaster666, Ubers are not considered Legendaries.
Old October 25th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Name: Daren Gilbert Kestrel (Main)

Gender: Uhh..uhhh...UHM!?...Wait, that's not a gender...the phallic one.

Appearance: Daren right away stands out as somebody who doesn't really give a damn about fashion or style, but isn't a disaster either. His scalp rests about 6 feet and 2 inches above the ground when he's standing straight. Daren has a slightly tanned peachy complexion and dusty hair with no real order about it, hanging about sort of haphazardly but still complimenting his face. He is thin, with legs that or only a bit muscular despite how much exercise he gets. The main things that stand out physically about Daren are his broad shoulders, and the deep amber irises of his eyes. His face is rather unremarkable besides the fact that it usually has a rather friendly and approachable expression on it.

On the particular subterranean adventure Daren's torso was adorned by a green-plaid button down shirt and underneath a thick black hoodie inlaid with flannel when he's out and about in case it gets cold. He is wearing fairly thick denim bluejeans on his legs and just so happens to have some gray tennis shoes and a pair of black hiking boots in his backpack, which he made sure was waterproof before the expedition in a fit of uncharacteristic foresight.

Personality: Daren is a person of complex mind yet simple desires. His main goal in life has always been to experience as much as he can in life, especially everything there is to do with pokemon. (Except for the obvious disgusting Taboo, he don't roll that way.) So when he turned 10 the decision he made was a very easy one, go on a pokemon journey and become champion. Daren is always happy to try most new things and is polite to anyone who isn't rude to him or someone else around him first. Daren tends to be absent minded in mundane situations, but in emergencies and/or under duress is when he really thrives, thinking with impressive clarity and staying calm most of the time.

Daren's knowledge of survival tactics and preparation is fairly practiced from all the time traveling with his pokemon, but he's definitely no expert. Although by the end of this journey he will be, or he'll be dead. The one thing Daren is truly confident in are his pokemon, he gives them all the credit for how far he's made it.

History: Daren's life began the way the lives of many trainers do, he decided pokemon were awesome at an early age and was determined to become a trainer after his tenth birthday. However sometimes reality gets in the way of whatever you're planning no matter how hard you fight it. Daren's family lived in Mauville back then, there were so many other aspiring trainers that they couldn't keep up their supply of starters, and by the time Daren's birthday came they had none left. In a fit of anger the young boy ran off without stopping back home first or calling his parents. He hadn't learned to swim all that long ago, but right away he found it a very fun and relaxing activity, even in the ocean. In his anger the boy was practically stomping every step down the beach. Once he got into the water he didn't swim for too long before he felt a pinch on his foot, on his way to the water he had accidentally stomped on a Krabby's head and it wasn't just going to let him get away with it.

Being a young child and having only just learned to swim a while ago the boy was not quite as familiar with the increased dangers of the sea and why one should never panic under water as perhaps he should have been. He flailed his arms a bit when he first felt the pain, and when he reached down to try pulling the little Krabby off of his foot the current picked up just when he wasn't able to stabilize himself, and his head slammed into a rock. The next time Daren opened his eyes he bent forward to cough out a fair amount of saltwater and bile, before he realized that something was loosely wrapped around his body. It was blue, soft, and leathery. He followed it until his eyes stopped on a cute head with large friendly eyes, a small horn on it's forehead, and small wings where one would expect to find ears. All in all the creature seemed like some sort of friendly sea serpent, after another minute of staring at it in awe he realized it must have saved his life! It had even stayed wrapped around him to keep him warm until he woke up.

When he finally got the creature to loosen it's grip on him Daren asked it to come home with him, it didn't seem to understand him when he spoke, yet it followed him home anyways. When he made it back his parents were astonished, they told him that was a Dragonair, not only were they very rare to see they certainly weren't known for living near Mauville. The Dragonair nuzzled the boy's face when he asked if he could keep it, and he knew there and then that he had made a life-long friend, and he named the pokemon "Anguis". He bought a pokeball from one of the marts nearby as soon as his parents gave him the money and the next day, after lots of preparation, pep talks from dad, and pleas to stay safe from mom, he set out on his journey.

Detailing his journey too much would waste everyone's time, so suffice it to say he went through all the gyms in Hoenn. In a lot of ways Daren was a typical pokemon trainer, except after the encounter that brought him Anguis he couldn't bring himself to just catch random pokemon, so he only acquired pokemon if they really stood out to him, or something major happened to him that they were a big part of. He ended up getting all eight Hoenn badges and challenging the Pokemon League, but he lost the tournament without even getting a chance to battle the Elite Four, his opponent had already been through two of the other known regions and had plenty more experience than him. Daren couldn't just go home to pester his parents, so he used some of the money had made during his journey to get passage on a boat to Unova. His journey through Unova ended up being a big mess of training when he realized he didn't want to win a foreign Pokemon League, he wanted to be the Champion of his home.

Eventually Daren returned to Hoenn, and on his way to visit with his parents he began hearing things about some sort of expedition that specifically needed pokemon trainers. It certainly aroused his interest, so after stopping in and chatting with his parents he asked around about it, and before long he was made aware of the Oceanic Exploration League and their impending expedition. He decided that it would be a great way to learn a lot more about the world and maybe even discover some rare amazing pokemon, plus it sounded completely unique from anything he had experienced thus far. As soon as he could make it to Lilycove he signed up, feeling he was ready for anything life might throw at him, but he may as well have been entering an entirely new world there was no way he could prepare for.

Pokemon:
-Species: Dragonite

-Nickname: Anguis

-Personality: He is very kind and endears most people to him right away, he has a strong instinct to protect anyone in danger near him, which is how he met Daren in the first place.

-Brief History: He saved Daren from drowning at some point after he evolved into a Dragonair, and was his most steadfast friend, eventually evolving into a Dragonite in Unova.

-Appearance: He has a red bandana around his neck with a pawprint mark on it.

-Moveset: Outrage, Fire Punch, Aerial Ace, Brick Break

-Species: Snorlax

-Nickname: Larz

-Personality: Lazy, he does nothing but sleep unless there's food in front of him, imminent danger, or Daren yells at him for a long time.

-Brief History: Daren found him blocking a mountain road in Unova, luckily by then Anguise had evolved and was strong enough to hurt even that great big lug. When it woke up it predictably attacked, and in the fighting was knocked off the side to roll all the way down the mountain. Daren was so worried he had killed the Snorlax that he hopped on Anguise to fly down and check on it, but it had just been knocked out, snoring no differently than if it was just taking a nap.

-Appearance: Just a regular Snorlax.

-Moveset: Mega Punch, Rollout, Giga Impact, Protect

-Species: Lapras

-Nickname: Olga

-Personality: Very hostile towards strangers, but unconditionally loving towards anyone she considers to have proved themselves.

-Brief History: Daren found her on one of his many boat rides across the waters of Hoenn, swimming through the channel with what seemed to be her mate. One of the fishing boats rammed into the male to get to a small bay they the two Lapras had been unconsciously blocking, a still unevolved Anguise had been watching alongside him when it happened. The Dragonair was filled with righteous fury and dived off of the boat with no warning. He used the terrifying dragon move Outrage, despite the fact that he wasn't a Dragonite yet and broke the boat almost in two. It was too late to matter though, the male Lapras was gone, and the female was singing a strange song. After a few minutes of listening to the lament Daren realized with a start the Lapras was using Perish Song, it intended to join it's mate! He wasted no time sending Anguise to knock the Lapras out before it could finish, and caught it so it wouldn't be tempted to continue when it woke up. Eventually it forgave him and served him with rigid and unerring loyalty.

-Appearance: She has a big green ribbon on one of her shell pillars. (protrusions? I'm not really sure what word yo use for them, they're too blunt to be spikes, but the things that stick out of the Lapras' back) In memorial of her lost mate.
-Moveset: Ice Beam, Body Slam, Aqua Jet, Aqua Ring

-Species: Arcanine

-Nickname: Fenris

-Personality: Practically a giant puppy most of the time, but the moment Daren gives an order he becomes gravely serious and does his best to follow it. He's as protective as Anguise but only towards Daren.

-Brief History: One of many adorable Growlithes adopted by loving parents to give their children a loyal pet, one day he was kidnapped by criminals as part of a plot to get lots of powerful pokemon easily for selling on the black market. The bulk of their plan was to first steal a huge collection of evolutionary stones, and then a small army of pokemon they worked on. One brave officer Jenny was able to find out about the plot and before long they broke up the whole operation, but children are fickle, and the poor Arcanine's young owner was no longer interested in his pet now that he wasn't a puppy anymore. Daren was fortuitously passing through the city on his way to a gym when he saw the pokemon's heart-breaking reunion with his owner, he couldn't bear the thought of that pokemon just being alone again and offered to take the beautiful Dog with him. When they made it to the Gym Fenris fought the hardest of all Daren's pokemon and won him the badge.

-Appearance: Almost the same as any other Arcanine, but about 10% smaller since it was never trained or in any real battles before being forcefully evolved.
-Moveset: Extremespeed, Fire Fang, Blast Burn, Iron Tail

-Species: Heracross

-Nickname: Heracles

-Personality: Always ready to fight, smash what needs smashing, or eat anything with honey on it. He doesn't think about much else, so he's not called out very often.

-Brief History: Heracles is actually the pokemon on Daren's team with the most common story, Daren battle him and caught him. What stood out about Heracles was that he took down both Anguise and Fenris before being finished off by Larz, his power and fighting spirit made him a welcome addition.

-Appearance: The left end of his horn is broken halfway down.

-Moveset: Close Combat, Megahorn, Sky Attack, Seismic Toss

-Species: Gardevoir

-Nickname: Adorise (A-door-ee-say) or Dory for short

-Personality: Very gentle and easily frightened, she doesn't like to be near anyone but Daren, sometimes to the point where her dedication makes him uncomfortable.

-Brief History: Daren never really chose Adorise, she chose him. Daren assumed it had to do with all the stories about Gardevoirs and their relative evolutions being able to sense things about people or even psychically bond with them.

-Appearance: She looks normal.

-Moveset: Psychic, Moonblast, Healing Pulse, Teleport, Magical Leaf (If one of my pokemon can have a fifth move O.o)

Last edited by Lord Sephear; December 16th, 2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old October 26th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Strikit

darkpokemaster666, Kip, and Sephy, you are all reserved.

Forgot to mention! Kip stands in as official co-GM. His word is law just as much as mine.

So no rush on the SUs, take your time to flesh out your characters and make em nice. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!
Old October 26th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Kranic
What did you say about my hair

I'm working on a sign up at the moment and I was just curious if gen 6 pokemon were allowed.

Roleplay Characters

Anise Briar

___

Apollo: A Journey of the Gifted

Old October 26th, 2013, 09:56 PM
pikakip
The original DarkHeart

Gen 6 Pokemon are allowed.
Old October 27th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Strikit

Yes indeed, both of my little dudes will have at least one Gen 6.

EDIT: SU number one up.

Name: Michael Kraeton

Appearance: Blonde hair falls nearly to his jawline when left to its own devices, but most of the time Michael spikes it up every which way with just a bit left to fall over calculating green eyes. These seem to look through people rather than at them, and when he does focus on someone his expression is admittedly cold. Strong features make him appear authoritative, with a strong jaw in particular. His facial expression remains stoic most of the time with the occasional narrowing of eyes or pursing of lips. When irritated the first and often only hint to his darkening mood is his lips tightening. This progresses to clenched teeth before he’ll finally voice his ire. His skin is lightly olive toned naturally, but the time he spends outdoors darkens it a bit more. The heat of his hometown contributes heavily to his tan. Admittedly he has a bit of a farmer’s tan, but it matters little to him. Even if he did make a point of being seen nude more often he still wouldn’t care if people thought him too pale.

Michael stands at six feet and six inches with a naturally broad build. The work he does at his mother’s shop keeps him fit, seeing as she has him do all of the heavy lifting. His field clothes are just black combat boots, dark cargo pants, and cotton button down shirts. His style does not change much for formal occasions, as he simply switches the cargo pants for slacks and the cotton shirts for slightly nicer ones, perhaps with the addition of a vest and tie. Always he wears the belt that holds his Luxury balls, though the Pokemon they belong to are rarely inside. When he’ll be away from home for more than a few hours he carries a messenger bag filled with all of the trainer essentials.

When furiously angry, entirely exhausted, or uncharacteristically excited Michael’s voice will take on the slightest accent. This is because of his mother. She does not speak English at home most of the time and as such Michael grew up speaking two languages fluently. Those who have not met his parents would normally never guess, since he speaks with measured placidity.

Personality: Michael does not avoid contact with people but he does not initiate it either. When spoken to he will reply for manners’ sake but any effort to continue the conversation will have to come from the other party involved. In large crowds he tends to look perpetually irritated. Smaller groups of people are better received by him. After a while every now and then he’ll warm up to them and actually participate socially, but for the most part he can be expected to remain standoffish. He does not like being touched by strangers and in fact he does not like to be touched in general. The physical contact makes him uncomfortable and, naturally, irritates him.

As a conservationist, Michael finds fault with many things that the world around him accepts as the way things are. He is rabidly against the urbanization of forested areas and he disapproves strongly of Pokeballs. In fact he rarely uses them for his own partners, instead allowing them to be out and about as much as he can. On the rare occasion that it’s not safe for them to be out they all have Luxury balls carefully hand painted and detailed so he can tell which is which. They are all treated like equals instead of creatures and he talks to them like people. If they don’t eat he doesn’t, if they are injured he feels their pain, and never do they have to fight if they don’t like to. That said, Michael is a highly competitive person and he loves battling. He would never force them to face a foe too strong for them and very rarely does he push them to the point of fainting. However, he trains almost daily and can be a tenacious battler. One of the best ways to earn his respect is to battle well and conscientiously.

Along with his distaste for Pokeballs, Michael disapproves of capturing Pokemon from the wild. A few of his partners were feral when he found them but they were special circumstances. This is more of a personal standard he sets for himself than a belief system he wants to push on the rest of the world. He will calmly explain his stance on this if asked but he rarely goes too deeply into it.

Michael is highly devoted to his family. Around his siblings he’s an entirely different person. Although he is still by no means boisterous, he talks and laughs and jokes like it’s nothing. The few friends he does have may witness this version of him when they go to meet his family but even then he’s still more reserved when others are around. As previously mentioned, he speaks Italian with his family, even when there are visitors. Though his partners understand both English and Italian, he usually communicates with them in Italian except for in battles or when he wants others to understand what he says to them.

Underneath all of the calmness and quiet perceived by outsiders is a dangerous temper. It’s quick to ignite and when the limits of his gentleness have been breached it’s best to resolve conflict as quickly as possible. This is not easy to do. Often in the past his temper has gotten him into trouble and caused him to act in ways that he regrets. Presently he’s worked hard on it and is more placid than he’s ever been but it’s still a clear and present issue.

History: Michael was born to Gregory Kraeton and Amara Bianchi out of wedlock. This social faux pas was not a problem with Gregory, but he loved Amara and understood that her culture looked down upon an unwed mother. Before Michael’s first birthday the couple had wed. They settled in Lavaridge Town, Hoenn in a modest home near the gym. Gregory was not a well known battler, but he was kind and tenacious. Mr. Moore, the gym leader, took notice of Gregory’s training sessions and offered him a job at the gym as an advisor and assistant. The pay was excellent and, ecstatic at the chance to better support his family, he accepted.

Amara opened an herbal remedy shop which happened to do rather well. The main population of Lavaridge was elderly people and they always seemed to prefer natural remedies over Potions and the like. Michael would often go to the shop with her and help her out. He was a very quiet child, and communicated mostly with nods, shakes of the head, hand gestures, and shrugs. When customers came in he stayed behind the counter and he was short enough that they couldn’t see him at all. He liked it that way.

When Michael was three his brother, Ethan, was born. With the arrival of the new baby Michael had to help out more than ever, but he really didn’t mind. He preferred to spend time with his family more than the other kids anyway. This became more true as his vocabulary grew. As he gained the cognition to string words together into sentences it became apparent that he stumbled over syllables at times, running into a sort of linguistic block. A visit to the pediatrician diagnosed Michael with a stutter. If he’d been quiet before, he was nearly silent after that. His parents tried their hardest to help him and to get him to speak more. They enrolled him in speech therapy and tried exercises at home but it didn’t make him any more verbose.

At the age of four Amara began homeschooling Michael. He learned quickly and showed a particular brilliance for science and logical puzzles. At home his stutter seemed to improve quickly through his lessons. However, with his peers it was a different story. Any time he did attempt to play with other kids they would hear him speak and a few of them wouldn’t care, but most of them took it out of proportion and wouldn’t leave it alone. Worse, the more malevolent kids teased him mercilessly about it. As a result he receded socially and stopped interacting with kids his age entirely.

Violet and Derrick were born when Michael was five. Though he still wasn’t any closer to his brother than any other children, he adored his twin siblings. They got him talking and being adventurous. Amara and Gregory were overjoyed; they never thought they would see him leaving his comfort zone like that. In fact, when Michael was seven it was taking the twins outside to play that allowed him to meet his childhood best friend. Flannery, also seven, had moved to Lavaridge Town to live with her grandfather. When the two met it was instant chemistry and they quickly became best friends.

His friendship with Flannery, coupled with his father’s influence in the gym, allowed Michael the unique opportunity to see Mr. Moore and his legendary Typhlosion in action. From that moment on he insisted that he wanted to be a Pokemon trainer. His father took his enthusiasm very seriously, seeing as Michael didn’t often show much enthusiasm for anything, and began teaching him all he knew. One of the main things he taught Michael was that Pokemon were to be respected and wild Pokemon should never be disturbed unless necessary. They’re living, breathing creatures with hearts, minds, feelings, and families. To wrench them away from their homes just to leave them sitting in a ball somewhere is deplorable. Though he didn’t mean to turn Michael away from capturing wild Pokemon entirely, he took it very seriously and decided even at that young age that he would never take a healthy wild Pokemon out of its natural habitat.

Having been small and quiet all through his childhood, it was no surprise that at age ten when he asked to travel with Pokemon his parents gave a stubborn and resounding “no”. This was one of the only times in his entire life where he got into an actual fight with his parents. In the end it was Violet that convinced them he should go. Much crying, begging, and pleading ensued until Gregory and Amara finally relented. They went to Michael and told him if he could find a partner he could go. It was partially to stall him, and partially to test whether he had the ingenuity to survive on his own.

Though he could have easily trapped a wild Pokemon, that went against his own belief system and he refused. For weeks he tried to find a way to obtain a Pokemon but it was harder than he’d anticipated. One evening with Flannery he somberly explained his predicament to her. After a moment of contemplation she disappeared inside her house, coming out with a bundle of soft grey-purple fur in her arms.

“I brought him with me from my old home,” she said shyly. “And… I’d like you to have him.”

Dumbfounded, Michael took the Pokemon from her and held it to his chest. He stammered a thank you and, with her help, spent the evening getting to know the young male Espurr. When he came home he joyfully showed the little feline to his parents. Their criteria met, they agreed to let him go with the condition that if he ever ran into trouble he had to call them for help.

Michael left and began training with the Espurr, christened Alex. The pair began the gym circuit. At first it was just the two of them but just outside of Mauville he discovered an Electrike pup without its siblings and unguarded by its parent. A brief debate over the morality of taking a wild Pokemon, young and abandoned though it may be, culminated in him taking the pup to a Pokemon Center. When she’d been given a clean bill of health he decided to keep her and she became his second partner.

Bit by bit he worked his way across Hoenn, earning badges as he went and battling other trainers wherever he could. It took him six years to assemble a trustworthy team and complete the gym circuit. Immensely confident, he challenged the Elite Four. It took a few tries but he narrowly beat them. Satisfied with his victory, he returned home briefly to decide where to go next. His family was admittedly surprised when they saw him, considering he’d been more than a foot shorter when he left.

The next three years were spent working with his mother at her shop, spending time with Flannery as she took over the gym, and deciding where he wanted to go with his life. Did he want to travel to another region and take that gym circuit as well? Or did he maybe want to become a part of Flannery’s gym? Maybe just stay and work at the shop?

The decision was made for him. Michael was just outside of town training when he witnessed a trainer storm away from Lavaridge. With a snarl she threw a ball into the grass and kept walking. Obviously she hadn’t seen him. Michael picked up the ball and instead of following the girl he took it back into the town. If she’d been so shallow and heartless as to cast it away obviously she didn’t deserve whatever it was. He took it to the Pokemon Center before releasing it just in case it was injured. A quick checkup showed that the little Glaceon had been battered in what must have been a heated battle, complete with burns. Michael had his suspicions so while it was being cared for he paid a visit to Flannery and asked her if she had recently battled a Glaceon and what the trainer looked like. Sure enough, the trainer had expected her Pokemon to stand up against Flannery’s well-trained Fire types and was furious at its failure. All that he could do now was accept the trainer’s callous behavior and take it in as his own.

Through this unfortunate event he realized what he wanted to do with his life. Michael decided he would open a shelter for abandoned, injured, and orphaned Pokemon. When he shared his idea with his family they were all very supportive, but the fact remained that he just didn’t have the money even with the savings from his battling. His mother offered to start paying him for his work and he agreed, but it was still racking up slowly.

Then he found a pamphlet from the OEL. On a whim he read through it, and when he got to the part about financial compensation his interest was piqued. He did a bit more research but found little information on the organization. Normally he wouldn’t be willing to take such a chance with so little information, but this time the lure of the money he needed was enough. He packed up a small bag of things he needed, tuned up his Pokemons’ skills just in case, and made for Lilycove.

Pokemon:

-Species: Meowstic
-Nickname: Alex
-Personality: Alex is a docile and reserved soul. He’s very attached to Michael and at times his personality seems to mirror his master’s. However, in opposition to Michael’s tendency to anger easily he stays calm in most situations and will often try to talk his master down. In battle he responds particularly well to Michael’s direction and he is highly competitive but he always knows when to quit. He looks to his master for comfort and reassurance in scary situations but when he’s alone he actually does fairly well. Most of the time he’ll be found perched comfortably on Michael’s shoulders.
-Brief History: Flannery brought Alex to Hoenn as a kitten when she had to move in with her grandfather. He spent the first part of his life as a house pet. When he was given to Michael he bonded to him quickly through training. Alex was his primary partner all through the gym circuit and to this day the pair are rarely apart.
-Appearance: Alex is not very fluffy, but his fur is unusually soft due to the extra care Michael pays to his grooming and nutrition.
-Moveset: Psychic, Miracle Eye, Misty Terrain, Psych Up, Signal Beam, Sucker Punch
-Anything Else: Very rarely will Alex ever raise his ears to show the strange eye-like markings underneath. When he does, it’s very clear that he’s furious or adamantly into a battle.

-Species: Manectric
-Nickname: Carmen
-Personality: Carmen is so named because she is about as sassy as it gets. Catty and a little rude, she is not very good at interacting with others. In fact she’s the mean girl cliche. This translates into heated battles.
-Brief History: No one knows what happened to cause her being left alone without her siblings or parents as a cub and she was too young to remember. It’s not a sensitive topic for her, however, as she feels as though she has a real family with Michael and her team mates.
-Appearance: Carmen’s mane is not as neat as the rest of her species. It flicks forward and is messy, with pieces of fur lying every which way.
-Moveset: Thunder Fang, Flash, Thunder Wave, Double Team, Crunch, Quick Attack
-Anything Else: Michael’s second, if Alex can’t finish it he almost always calls upon Carmen next.

-Species: Vulpix
-Nickname: Samantha
-Personality: Sam is a master of deceit. She can make her large brown eyes look perfectly innocent, but then she snatches something she wants right out of a person’s hand. The only one exempt from this treatment is Michael, as he had earned Sam’s respect. Even so he has trouble curbing her kleptomaniacal tendencies, as well as her aggression. She bullies Caradoc horribly and Michael sternly tries to stop this but of course Sam just waits until he stops looking.
-Brief History: Sam was a menace in the wild. Living at Mt. Pyre, she waited until people would come to mourn their dearly departed Pokemon. While they were at the gravesite distracted by their grief she would pick their pockets, assuming they were kneeling and she could reach of course, and run off with whatever she got. At first it was not a big deal but as she started stealing money, trainer IDs, and even Pokeballs it became clear that she had to go. The older couple that ran the mountain were trying to decide what to do about her when Michael offered to take her. Since then she’s not really bonded to him, but she accepts his authority.
-Appearance: Vulpix are known for their pretty and neat coats, cute little curls, and their well managed forelocks. Sam breaks the mold. Her forelock is always askew and disheveled.
-Moveset: Confuse Ray, Captivate, Flamethrower, Will-o-wisp, Extrasensory, Attract
-Anything Else: Strangely Sam pierced an ear on her own while in the wild. She wears a little gold hoop in her right ear and she covets it very much. She actually stole it from someone and was so proud of her difficult theft that she decided to wear it herself.

-Species: Glaceon
-Nickname: Caradoc
-Personality: Cardoc is just about as gentle and sweet as it gets. He loves his team mates and he adores Michael. It took some time for him to recover emotionally from his abandonment but he bonded heavily to Michael as a result of it. He is sensitive and shy and doesn’t do well in social situations. He’s actually a little afraid of Sam. She may be smaller than him but ever since the battle with Flannery he’s mildly afraid of Fire types, and her aggressive attitude towards him makes it worse. He considers Alex to be his best mate and he loves spending time with just him. He actually opens up a bit with Alex around.
-Brief History: He was a birthday present to a girl who took the Sinnoh gym circuit. He was rarely used in battle. After she finished she started training in the mountains. As he leveled the chilled air spurred him to evolve. Thrilled with the change, she decided to take him to Hoenn to take the gym challenge there. He was not as powerful as she’d hoped, however. Her decision to use him against Flannery was frustration induced and his loss was not surprising. Michael finding him was perhaps the best thing that could ever have happened to him. Since then he’s blossomed and though he’s had only a few minor battles with Michael he’s improving quickly.
-Appearance: There are burn scars here and there on his body from the battle with Flannery.
-Moveset: Ice Beam, Hail, Sand-attack, Helping Hand, Mirror Coat, Protect
-Anything Else: He prefers to use defense tactics than offensive moves.

Last edited by Strikit; October 27th, 2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old October 30th, 2013, 07:50 PM
pikakip
The original DarkHeart

I am a horrible procrastinator and I have been putting this off and I suck.

Spoiler:

Name: Cecile Alia

Appearance: Standing at approximately 5'1, Cecile Alia is by no means imposing. In fact, if you were to look into her pale hazel eyes you would see no signs of anger, aggression or strictness. simply put, she is the kind of person that just looks like a nice person from afar. Cecile has a slightly rounded face, tapering off into a gentle point for her chin. Her neat straight brown hair falls roughly to her shoulders, and she is known to leave it hanging vertically, using a bobby pin or a hair clip to keep her bangs out of her eyes.

Cecile is nearsighted, and has to wear a reasonably strong pair of glasses as a result. In case of an emergency, she does have a pair of contacts that she keeps in a small pouch alongside her Trainer ID. With the exception of her glasses and a few freckles along her cheeks as well as a light scar on her chin, her face is reasonably clear, devoid of blemishes and imperfections.

As far as wardrobe is concerned, Cecile doesn't particularly care what she wears so long as it's practical and efficient for her day-to-day research. having recently begun studying under professor Sycamore, she currently wears a simple white labcoat over the rest of her outfit, with pockets full of bits of junk and crumpled pieces of paper containing her notes. While not wearing the 'scientist outfit,' Cecile tends to sport relatively tight jeans with 'skate shoes,' as well as a colorful T-shirt with various graphics, based on what she is currently in the mood to wear.

When in the field, Cecile chooses to wear cargo shorts and a tanktop, so she doesn't impede herself in exploring the Kalos region, searching for evidence regarding mega evolution. This is her standard garb when outside of lumiose city, and if she isn't wearing it immediately, she'll change into it upon arriving at her destination. (This is Cecile's most comfortable outfit, and she is expected to be wearing this for a majority of this RP) Cecile usually disregards any comments about her appearance, as this is the outfit she enjoys wearing the most, and will gladly tell anyone who tries to talk about it negatively.

Cecile is not known for wearing Jewelry, and in fact she has none on her, save for a modified Pok'etch with a stone embedded into the band, and a pendant that she wears around her neck.

Personality: Cecile is known for being a free spirit, choosing to do whatever she feels up to, whenever she feels like doing it. Very few have ever tried to stop her from doing this, and those that have were greeted by the surprising force contained within her petite body. Cecile is not one to back down from a confrontation, and will in fact initiate a majority of the few(many) she is involved in. She is not someone to take criticism or negative comments well, especially those aimed at her height. God have mercy on the soul of anyone who dares make fun of her height. While this may make her seem like a relatively violent person, she really isn't, she's merely headstrong.

Cecile is a girl who would rather have someone tell the truth to her face instead of lying to protect her. She prefers to deal with her own problems rather than allowing another person to do it for her. Rarely will she ever accept help from anyone other than her pokemon, and if she does it's begrudgingly so. When it comes to problem solving, Cecile prefers to take the straightest and most efficient path to the goal, not enjoying anything that could detract from efficiency. She has a habit of ignoring information that appears useless to her, often believing that her idea is the best and that everyone else has an inferior plan to hers.

Cecile is not known to be shy, and has a habit of walking up to people she barely knows and initiating long, drawn-out conversations with them, not particularly caring how much they contribute to the conversation. While it can't really be said that Cecile craves attention, she does enjoy to interact with people, and has been known to get more than a little bit depressed when being alone for long stretches of time. Thankfully, she always has her pokemon, so even if there are no people around, she is never truly alone.

While being incredibly intelligent, Cecile can be rather oblivious to the feelings of those around her, and has been known to insult or anger more than her fair share of strangers with obtuse comments about superficial details. This Obliviousness can also lead to her making antisocial people uncomfortable, as when it is combined with her habit of random interaction, it leads to large one-sided conversations, eventually culminating in her asking the opinions of the person in question.

As far as Cecile's feelings on Pokemon are concerned, they are meant to be partners and friends of humans, sharing each other's company in their lives. Pokemon, to cecile are not tools, but allies who she would gladly protect without a second thought, and she would expect the same out of any of them. her pokemon are each an essential part of her 'family,' and she'll say that in her eyes they are all equal. while this may or may not be true, as she has shown favoritism with at least one of her pokemon on previous occasions. Cecile has her pokemon work side-by-side with her during her research, and many of them enjoy working alongside her. When it comes to battling, Cecile tends to be a fully focused trainer, putting all of her trust into her pokemon, and them putting their trust in her. She uses skills learned while studying under Sycamore to help her analyze battles and quickly come to a victory, although things don't always work out the way she plans. Cecile detests any being that would use another pokemon as a mere tool, or mistreat it in any way, and has on occasion, under the thought that she was a 'Poke Vigilante' Stolen pokemon from Trainers that weren't paying attention attention to them before releasing them into the secure wild pokemon sanctuary located within Sycamore's lab. It may not be legal, but she only does it in extreme cases, when she notices a pokemon not being fed, healed, or just being outright abused physically or verbally.

Cecile Is quick to meet people, but not quick to make friends, as few people can actually handle her for long periods of time. But those that choose to stick around her long enough will find a very calm and relaxed 18 year old, with the world in front of her and the wind at her back.

History: Within the northern boundaries of the Kalos region exists Dendemille Town, a frigid village that houses many pokemon Trainers to be, and friendly folk who would gladly let a stranger spend the night. It was here that Cecile was born, although it was not here where her mother lived. Cecile's mother Christina was a veteran trainer and a pokemon enthusiast, born in Pallet town, far away within the Kanto region. Christina Grew up hearing about pokemon Trainers and was determined to be one, so when she hit the age of 10, she completed the Kanto circuit, defeating all 8 Gym leaders within a mere 4 months. Few seasoned trainers had ever accomplished this, let alone 10 year old novices who had barely started their Journey. Upon completing her 8th gym within the Kanto circuit, she went to fight the Elite four and was utterly destroyed. Christina barely made it through the first two members before her last pokemon had fainted. Realizing that she wasn't as good as she assumed she was, Christina abandoned the circuit for 8 years, and devoted those years to taking classes on pokemon battling, and Pokemon theory. It was upon reaching the finale of her 8th year that Christina decided to travel the world, fighting the 8 gyms of every region, and then Challenging the Elite 4s of each region. Christina decided to proceed slowly upon getting to the Johto region, spending a minimum of 2 years in every region before moving onto the next.

Christina arrived in the Kalos region at the age of 26, and it was here that Cecile was conceived to an unknown father who wished only for a one-night stand. Christina traveled for a couple of weeks, too focused on her Journey to realize that she was carrying a life within her. Upon discovering that she was indeed pregnant, Christina’s Journey slowed in pace. She no longer dedicated her life to her pokemon, and instead focused on locating a proper place to raise a child. Christina bought a small apartment in Lumiose city and After making sure it was readily furnished, returned to her Journey, choosing this time to battle through the region at a comfortable rate. It was when Christina arrived in Dendemille town that her water broke one september evening, and she was rushed to the nearest medical facility where she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Christina was not given permission to take Cecile home for a month, as she had been born premature and had to be kept in within the hospital until she reached the appropriate stage of growth. As soon as Christina was given the all clear however, she returned to her home in Lumiose, where she raised her daughter for the next 14 years.

Cecile’s parenting methods may not have been the best, but she ended up raising a fine kid. Cecile went through most of her first two years at a rapid developmental pace, and was speaking semi fragmented sentences and walking at 8 months. Of course, once cecile gained the ability to walk, she was everywhere. it was difficult to keep ahold of her, because she would wander off at any moment, and she learned quickly when her mom would not be watching. Christina allocated the duties of watching Cecile to her Weavile Shina. Still, even with Shina’s assistance Christina had a difficult time keeping her child under control, and at the age of 4 Cecile had wandered off into the crowded streets of Lumiose city several times. Granted, Shina was always able to bring her back home safely, but the stress piled on Christina, who greatly missed battling in professional settings.

On Cecile’s 6th birthday, Christina gave Cecile her first pokemon, an Absol, who was promptly named Resolution, because Cecile had found the word in the dictionary and thought it sounded cool. Resolution, or ‘Lution’(Pronounced Loo-Shun) accompanied Cecile to her classes at the Trainer academy, and up until age 8, allowed Cecile to ride him there. During Cecile’s time in the Trainer academy, she learned her basic maths alongside her battle studies, as well as her language skills. It was at the Trainer Academy that Cecile became fluent in both French and English, much to her mother’s surprise. While at the Trainer Academy, Cecile was a quiet girl, preferring the company of Lution to any of the other students. It wasn’t until students were paired up for Catching exercises that Cecile made her first true human friend, a young boy named Tyler. Coincidentally, she also made another friend during the catching exercises; A female Minun that she had discovered behind a patch of tall grass. Cecile caught the minun, and upon asking what she should name it, Tyler suggested Nina, in honor of Cecile’s recent 9th birthday. Cecile agreed with the name suggestion, and Nina became one of Cecile’s main pokemon.

Fast forward to Cecile’s 11th birthday. Her mother has held her back, disallowing her from proceeding with her pokemon Journey for two years in a row, for reasons unknown to Cecile. These reasons, although not apparent on the surface, are due to pure spite. Christina had grown to resent her child throughout the years, partly due to the fact that Christina was unable to continue her pokemon Journey while raising Cecile. This wasn’t something that you would ever know from seeing the two interact however, Christina appeared to be a perfect mother, cherishing her and protecting her from the outside world instead of allowing her to journey into the dangers that could lay out there. Christina kept Cecile from going on her Journey for three more years, and on Cecile’s 14th birthday, she ran from home, hoping to never come back.

Cecile managed to clear the Kalos circuit in 3 months, a time unheard of for most trainers. While most didn’t know what could have possibly motivated her, Her pokemon understood that it was her desire to prove her mother wrong. Using this desire, Cecile trucked through the Pokemon league, defeating all four Members of the Elite 4 before Challenging the Champion, Diantha.

Cecile defeated five members of Diantha’s team without losing a single one of her own, and it was only when Diantha sent out her last pokemon, a Gardevoir that the Challenge began. Prior to any moves being made, Diantha held up her hand and a ring on her index finger glowed, bathing gardevoir in a blinding spectacle of multicolored light. When Gardevoir emerged from the light, it had changed drastically in appearance, and power as cecile would soon find out.

Diantha’s Gardevoir wiped every single member of Cecile’s party out, leaving her with nothing but a shocked face. Cecile returned Lution at the end of the battle, and asked Diantha how she had managed to cause Gardevoir to enter that state. Diantha responded with two words: Mega Evolution. Cecile accepted her cryptic response, and left the pokemon League, determined to find and learn the ways of Mega evolution.

Cecile searched for six months before finding the mega evolution guru, who, after a tough battle, gave her a small stone, telling her to take it to professor Sycamore in Lumiose city. Cecile detested the thought of going back to Lumiose. After all, her mother was still living there, as far as she knew. After a few days thought, Cecile flew to Lumiose, beelining to the Professor’s lab. Upon meeting him she explained her whole Journey, from abandoning her home, to clearing the league, to getting wiped by the champion, finding the Mega-Evolution Guru, and finally coming back to Lumiose to speak with him. Upon finishing her tale Sycamore handed her a spherical white stone with a black double helix formation running through the center. He asked for her Holo-Caster and the stone that she had been given by the guru, and took them with him for several days, allowing her to stay in the lab in the meantime. When Sycamore returned, he had fashioned her Holo Caster, The Stone, and a Pok’etch that he had shipped in into one compact object to be worn around Cecile’s wrist. Immediately after adorning it, he challenged her to a battle, telling her to only use Lution.

Sycamore bombarded Cecile and Lution with his powerful team, backing them into a corner. As professor Sycamore fired a signal beam at a fairly injured Lution, Cecile jumped in front of him with her eyes closed, intending to take the hit, only to have her Pok’etch display the same glow of light that had emerged from Diantha’s Ring. Expecting to take the brunt of the signal beam, Cecile inhaled sharply as she felt herself being pulled to the side, only to open her eyes and see Lution standing over her, in his Mega-evolved form. Cecile stared, amazed at his metamorphosis, and Sycamore called off his pokemon, coming over to Cecile and explaining that the stone within her Pok’etch reacted to the stone that he had given her earlier, which allowed Lution to evolve into his mega form. It was as Sycamore said this that Lution returned to his normal form, and passed out on the floor next to Cecile. Cecile began panicking, and Sycamore told her that it was fine, explaining that Mega Evolution left pokemon that used it exhausted after the transformation ended. Sycamore assured her that Lution would be fine with plenty of rest. It was then that Sycamore asked her to be an assistant under him. She knew how mega evolution worked, and she had used it effectively. Sycamore assured her that she would learn much about Mega Evolution, and that she would become a stronger trainer in turn. Cecile agreed, spending four years working under sycamore, and learning the ways of Mega Evolution.

On cecile’s 18th birthday, Sycamore came to her with exciting news. An organization called OEL was mounting an expedition to a series of unexplored caverns beneath the Hoenn region. Sycamore asked Cecile to go on his behalf, and to record information about the cave, to see if it had any tie-in with the mega stones. Wanting the opportunity to explore other regions, Cecile gladly accepted, and began on her journey, her new Journey, to the Hoenn region.

Pokemon:
-Species: Absol
-Nickname: Resolution (Lution)
-Personality: Lution is a relatively calm pokemon, and it will act towards all with the same indifference, with the exception of Cecile and her other pokemon. Lution will protect Cecile with his life if given the opportunity, and will threaten anyone who gets in her way. Lution is a kind creature if you get to know him, although few ever do. His ferocity is unbound should you ever get on his bad side, and considering the fact that he has access to Mega Evolution, you should tread carefully around him.
-Brief History: Lution was given to Cecile on her 6th birthday, and he has been with her ever since. Lution is the one pokemon that has never left Cecile’s team, if even for a little while.
-Appearance: While performing research on Mega Evolution, Cecile attempted to strengthen Lution’s stamina in Mega form in an effort to make him stronger. During one of his transformations, Cecile pushed him too far, and he nearly pushed himself to the brink of death following her orders. Due to the stress from this incident, when he returned to normal form, it was discovered that the bangs he gets in mega form would not leave, and they constantly cover his left eye.
-Moveset: Sword’s Dance, Shadow Claw, Night Slash, Sucker Punch, Protect, Perish Song
-Anything Else: He sharpens his horn against stones when he feels it has grown too dull.

-Species Espurr
-Nickname Seya
-Gender Female
-Personality Seya is… Odd. She’s almost always completely silent, and she usually just stares off into space, which is not altogether unusual for an espurr, but it still comes off as rather creepy . Cecile believes that Seya can see into the future simply because she has on several occasions, walked away from Cecile, only to have Cecile follow her and avoid a potential accident such as rocks falling and flying debris.Seya seems friendly enough, but considering how much it has to focus to keep all of its psychic power in, it isn’t surprising that its personality has yet to develop.
-Brief History Seya was caught by Cecile just before leaving to go to Hoenn. Cecile took her to some training areas to get used to her personality, but besides that, she is completely new to the group
-Appearance Seya has heterochromia, one eye is blue, the other is grey.
-Moveset
-Anything Else- No one can look into Seya’s eyes for long without turning away.

-Species Sylveon
-Nickname Sparks
-Gender Male
-Personality Sparks is a rather playful pokemon, and will go to Cecile with a stick in his hand whenever he wants to play fetch. He has a habit of driving her other pokemon insane with his antics, as when he wants to do something, he will not stop pestering the other pokemon until they go along with his advances.
-Brief History Sparky was caught as an eevee just after Cecile passed through Cyllage city. he was the first Eevee that Cecile had ever seen, and she decided to catch him simply for his adorableness. When he evolved into sylveon she regretted naming him Sparky, and wished she had named him something more dapper instead. He has a permanent place on Cecile’s team, as she grew attached to his playful attitude, and can’t imagine going a day without it.
-Appearance He’s shiny, because he’s blue.
-Moveset
-Anything Else No one knows where the stick ever comes from. He’s found them indoors before.(3spoopy5me)

-Species Goodra
-Nickname Seela
-Gender female
-Personality Seela is essentially a gentle giant. There’s nothing she would love to do more than just hug everyone she meets. This can obviously prove a problem due to the fact that she is literally made of goo. Seela is a noble creature however, and will protect her friends without a second thought.
-Brief History Caught within a swamp as Goomy, Cecile realized how interesting she looked, and decided to catch her. Assuming Sliggoo was the final evolution, it was not until Seela protected Cecile in a raging thunderstorm against a horde of Manectric that she evolved into her final form(goodra) and withstood the assault.
-Appearance She’s relatively thin for a Goodra, with longer antennae than most.
-Moveset
-Anything Else- She loves pokepuffs

-Species Rotom
-Nickname Whirr
-Gender Male
-Personality Whirr is an odd creature whose personality seems dependant on how long it has been since he rested within an electronic device. If it has been longer than a week, he is cranky and irritable, snapping and sparking at anything that gets near it with the exception of Cecile, and Tara, who is immune to his sparks anyway. When Whirr is well rested he is a kind spirit that will interact with anyone, and will greet strangers with a gleeful chirp.
-Brief History - Whirr was found in a Trash can, abandoned in an old hotel by a previous owner. When he lept from the receptacle, Cecile panicked and held up her arm with her Pok’etch, at which point Whirr collided with it and entered it, sitting there for the duration of the evening. it wasn’t until the next morning when he came out and flew into one of her spare Pokeball’s voluntarily. He formed a fast friendship with Tara, as she put up with him whenever he was cranky.
-Appearance when he is calm his sparks are mellowed and don’t flicker often, but when agitated they flicker and spit at random, which can cause random injuries and fires, which is why many shie away from him.
-Moveset - Will update
-Anything Else- Don’t touch him or you’ll regret it.

-Species Cubone
-Nickname Tara
-Gender Female
-Personality Tara is a Cubone that loves only Tara and Whirr. With that exception she is fiercely suspicious and jealous of anyone that approaches Cecile, and she will attack them if Cecile is not fast enough in subduing her. Cecile’s other pokemon have learned to give Tara a wide berth when she is near Cecile, with good reason. She clearly has empathy, and has shown to be fvery motherly in the case of Whirr.
-Brief History Tara was Given to Cecile as a gift from a trainer she defeated prior to challenging her third gym. She received Tara as an egg, and was imprinted upon immediately. Tara has been on cecile’s team ever since hatching, but for whatever reason she just will not evolve. Cecile has attempted to figure out why many times, but to no success.
-Appearance The horns on her skull aren’t worn down, and the cracks within it are very fine.
-Moveset
-Anything Else - Her bone club is expertly wielded, and she has one shot quite a few pokemon with it.

I know it's not completely finished, moves and Sample will be included tomorrow.
Old October 31st, 2013, 11:53 AM
Kikpanther
Not a beginner that's for sure
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kikpanther
This is a cool RP! I'd like to try my hand out with a reservation (as long as I don't lose the steam midway through x_x).

I'd also like to ask if, while we're mid-through the RP and I start to like my secondary character more than my primary character, or what have you, is it okay if I swap them?
Old October 31st, 2013, 04:15 PM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Let me just apologize now for the fact that my SU isn't complete yet, the last thing I expected was to become busy. I will try to get it up either tomorrow or Saturday.
Old October 31st, 2013, 05:04 PM
pikakip
The original DarkHeart

Kiklion: Which character is designated as Primary or secondary doesn't really matter, but if you do wish to change which character you want to be your primary, just message Strikit. The only purpose of a secondary is basically to keep you in the RP should an unfortunate accident befall your character.
Old November 1st, 2013, 08:33 AM
Strikit

It's okay, Sephy. Take your time. I don't want you to rush through and end up unhappy with your character. I'm even having a little bit of trouble keeping up with stuff. XD

Just get it done within the next week or so, kay?

A quick note on reservations: Those who I've got reserved aren't on any time constraint to get their SUs in. However, if we get enough SUs in before they even get theirs started we'll move on without them. So please just keep me updated on your progress.
Old November 1st, 2013, 04:27 PM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

I'm sorry, but I can't seem to find my inspiration for this roleplay. I am regretfully withdrawing my reservation.
Old November 1st, 2013, 04:32 PM
pikakip
The original DarkHeart

Sorry to hear that heretostay! Good luck with whatever you end up doing on the PC forums!
Old November 1st, 2013, 04:40 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
On that note, I am almost done with my own SU. I'll be getting it up either tonight or early tomorrow. ^.^
Old November 1st, 2013, 05:16 PM
Manska

What Greiger said goes for me as well
Old November 3rd, 2013, 06:48 AM
Kikpanther
Not a beginner that's for sure
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kikpanther
Sorry about the time it's taking to make my SU. I'm busy for the week and I'll have to work on it tomorrow or the day after.

I may have already had something already but my character idea fuel is weak
Old November 3rd, 2013, 02:09 PM
Powerstars

Ooh! I'm in!

Main:
Name: John Vero. Likes being called Johnny.

Appearance:
He has brown, greasy hair that stretches about 3/4 down his neck. He has blueish green eyes that are oddly faded and have a sad demeanor to their happy appearance, and he has slightly tanned skin. Johnny has a tall and scrawny build, standing at 5'' 9'. He has a somewhat rounded baby-like face, which he's self-conscious about.

John dresses very casually in t-shirts and black jeans. His t-shirts usually contain bright, stylized pictures of Pokémon he likes, logos of bands he likes, or something depicting his dark sense of humor.

He generally looks cheerful and/or anxious, with a hint of sadness at times. When he gets worried, his eyebrows go down, giving him a sad look.

Personality:
John is usually fairly happy. He's fairly talkative most of the time (Even moreso when he gets excited), but if he's tired or upset, he barely talks. Johnny is easily embarrassed, which his loudness when anxious doesn't help. He tends to remain calm unless someone bugs him too much. He tries to remain calm because when he yells, his voice cracks, which causes him to become greatly embarrassed. He panics fairly easily.

John loves Rock music, rare/strange Pokémon, Pokémon battles, hanging out with friends and their Pokémon, learning about Pokémon, excuses to bring out his 'Mon (He also likes mixing up his useage of the word "Pokémon").

He hates being caught saying stupid things, as well as good people being misguided and making terrible mistakes.

History:
John was born in Twinleaf Town. At a young age, he was surrounded by Pokémon and he loved them. He particularly enjoyed seeing how evolution worked. His mother had a Butterfree around that was from her time in Kanto. That was her only Pokémon and the only one Johnny (As he liked to be called) had immediate contact with. At the age of 6, he saw his 1st battle, with a teenager from Johto named Joey, who used a Raticate against some local trainer who quit after he was defeated by the top grade of Raticate. By the age of 7, John knew plenty about Pokémon and he worshipped an elusive trainer named Red, whose story was infamous. He was apparently spotted in the mountains somewhere. Young Johnny made it his life goal to meet Red. At the age of 10, he got his 1st Pokémon, a Turtwig named Trent.

They traveled across Sinnoh together, catching other Pokémon and getting other badges left and right, not even paying that much attention to other parts of Sinnoh, other than other trainers, one of whom told of a contest hall. John lied that he'd check it out. He eventually became the Champion, beating a boy named Lucas, though he was dethroned by Cynthia, whom he'd heard of earlier. He challenged her back and lost many times. Now 12, he backtracked along Sinnoh, wondering what he'd done wrong. In Hearthome City, he stopped at the Contest Hall. He was never the same way again. Before, he certainly cared about his Pokémon, but now, for the first time, he empathised with them. This newfound care helped him dethrone Cynthia. He was nearly 13, and he traveled to the Johto region for new challenges.

Shortly before he left, he heard a tale of a foolish trainer who ditched his Pokémon and replaced them with every new journey, and was never able to become a champion. John vowed to maintain his 'Mon and went off to Johto.

After catching some more Pokémon and making his way through 3 gyms, he went back to New Bark Town to ask Professor Elm if he knew anything about Red. Elm told him to ask an 18 year old named Roger Balzary, himself a fan of Red. Roger lived was a Johto native, and traveled near New Bark, Mt. Silver, and anywhere else Red may have roamed. John carried on his way.Eventually, after 8 badges, 1 year, and numerous bug-catching contests, near the Pokémon League, John ran into a strange, hiker-looking fellow. This "fellow" was Roger, who'd heard that Lance may know something of Red. After introductions, Roger and John talked for hours. At first, the conversation revolved around Red, eventually drifting towards Pokémon discoveries, experiments, and evolution. During this Lance approached the two.

Roger insisted that Lance tell them anything he knew about Red. Lance said that Red was here a few days ago and said he was going to Pallet Town to relax for once. They thanked him and were about to depart when Lance asked for a battle. Not for title of Champion, just a fun double battle. John ageed, but Roger didn't have any 'Mon on him. John had a 1v1 with him and barely won as Roger cheered himo on. Lance was satisfied as they departed.

When they arrived at Pallet Town, Red was just leaving. They stopped him and asked for a battle. Johnny lost in the end, but Red autographed Trent's (now a Torterra) Pokéball, and a piece of paper Roger had saved for this day. Red never said a word and left. John was 13, almost 14, when Roger and he decided to travel through Kanto

together. Eventually they both got sidetracked from the goal of collecting badges and just hung around. At age 15, John went back to Sinnoh. He and Roger, who moved to Kanto maintained a good level of contact until John turned 16. When John turned 17, his gift was a plane trip to Kalos, which was distant are moe expensive than the other regions he'd been too. He messed around for the 1st few months until, at a café in Lumiose City, he encountered Roger. Roger told him about the OEL's proposal. Roger and John agreed to do it togetherand went off to Hoenn.

Sample: John was attempting to make concersation with the others when it happened. CRASH! For about 20 seconds he was in disbelief. And when it hit him, all hell broke loose. "AH! WHAT HAPPENED?!?"

Pokémon:
-Trent the Torterra (Male): John's starter from Sinnoh. Loyal, calm, and perfectly in touch with Jonn.

-Bata the Butterfly (Female): Caught in Kanto as a Caterpie. Happy and energetic.

-Knives the Vaporeon
Caught in Kanto. Quiet and calm, a little violent.

Pokémon Pearl (Ultimate Leader Challenge - Jasmine)
2/8 Badges

Last edited by Powerstars; November 3rd, 2013 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 09:50 PM
Manska

I didn't mark a primary character; I’m not really bothered which of these gets the short end of whatever stick may be thrown at them. Surprise me :p

Also just so you know, these characters are linked to a character which Greiger will be submitting in that they knew each other as children.

Spoiler:

Name: Michael Orion [Mike, Mikey]
Appearance:
Spoiler:

(Imagine this with facial scars.)

Mike is a fairly heavily built individual, standing a good few inches over six feet tall and with plenty of muscle on him, though it is the wiry sort obtained from years of travelling as opposed to the bulk of a weight-lifter. He keeps his dark hair cut short and almost perpetually covered by a black beanie. His skin is fair and his face has a somewhat rugged look given to it by a constant dusting of stubble and a set of claw marks running across his right cheek. Working with pokemon in some form or another for nearly half of his life has left Mike with his fair share of marks, though most of the ones littering his arms and torso are small and easily forgettable. Aside from the scars on his face the most notable of his old wounds would be a scar on his side from an angry Ryhorn and a slight bend to his left little finger where it was broken.

When he boarded the submarine Mike was wearing practical clothes, meant more for exploring a hostile environment in comfort than looking good. He wore a pair of thermal shirt and trousers made of a thin black and silver material, tight fitting and snug almost like a less restrictive wet-suit. Over this he wore hiking boots, a pair of thick grey trousers with many pockets on the outside and a navy blue hooded jacket. He kept his belongings in a sturdy leather backpack while a small pouch attached to his belt and resting at his right hip held his pokeballs. Also of note is that after experiencing how useful it is multiple times, Mike always has some form of large knife on him, though usually hidden somewhere so as not to alarm people. As of boarding the submarine, this knife was attached to his right ankle underneath his trousers.

Personality: One of Mike's most defining traits is that he is a quite extreme introvert; often seeming to shun the company of other people. This is both true and false at the same time; Mike has nothing against interacting with other people and likes many of them, but he finds being around a large number of them and being forced to interact with them for extended periods emotionally tiring. Conversely he is capable of being perfectly happy of being by himself with little to no human contact as long as he has something to do, though he will eventually get lonely. A happy middle ground for him is to simply stay around one or two good friends that he knows and likes and ignore or avoid other people than them. He is much more comfortable with his pokemon than other humans. Mike tends to have very little care for what others think of him unless it is linked to his profession, leading to him acting oddly on occasion.

When he does interact with others that he is not entirely comfortable with Mike tends to be very quiet and passive, skirting on the edges of a conversation if he is allowed and often not seeming to know how to handle other people. Despite this Mike is actually a very confident person, he just doesn't see the need to shout about it. He has a very positive outlook on life and tends to go into a situation believing that he will succeed, and keep believing this until he is proved wrong. While this attitude has gotten him in over his head many times in his life, it has prompted many victories that he otherwise would have missed just for lack of trying.

Mike enjoys the peace and tranquility of the outdoors and this translates to his choice of environments in general. He will live in a city if he needs to but he always feels happier the quieter and more natural his surroundings are. Even around those people he likes Mike tends to be very quiet, though it is more of a comfortable, content silence as opposed to the awkwardness that ensues when he is forced into unwanted conversation. That said when he is in his ideal situation of only being near a few people, Mike generally has plenty of attention to lavish on them.

Mike loves the feeling of discovering something that no one has ever seen or heard of before, so his job as a researcher was a natural step for him. He will willingly and happily spend months mapping out isolated lands just for the fact that he is the first person to do so. Mike dreams some day of making some massive discovery that would change the world and it is to further this dream that he went along on the expedition.

History: Mike was born in sleepy Nuevma Town in the Unova region, his parents both working in the local pokemon lab. Throughout his childhood he was fascinated with pokemon and spent a lot of time with his parents when they went out on field expeditions nearby.

When he was 12 years old Mike set out on a pokemon journey with his childhood friends Katherine Walker and William King. The three traveled together around the Unova region for several months but eventually, they split up. Will had found his passion in the sea and the pokemon that dwelt within, while Kat and Mike were both determined to continue on their path of challenging the region's gyms so, sadly, the trio split.

Mike and Kat traveled together for about a year after splitting from Will, continuing their circuit of the Unova region's gyms, after an eventful and difficult journey together the two gathered all eight badges and competed in that years pokemon league tournament. Mike didn't do too well when faced with true professional trainers for the first time, but Kat placed very well and came in eight for the year.

It was here that, sadly, the two went their separate ways. Kat wanted to travel to Johto, challenge the gyms there and take her path as a professional trainer further in the Silver Conference while Mike wanted to follow his parents as a pokemon researcher; a task which would take him first to the Orange Islands. Despite the strong bonds built by two years traveling together the two were resolute to follow their separate paths, though they made sure to keep in touch.

Mike's duties as a pokemon researcher took him all over the world and he quickly developed a liking for the more isolated fields of work, examining pokemon habitats in harsh conditions like cave systems or even exploring uncharted areas; both the challenge and the isolation of this particular work appealed to him and he quickly began to build a reputation as a reliable and skilled researcher.

When Mike was 18 years old, he and Kat were finally reunited. Mike was in Johto to explore a tract of unexplored forest and mountain in the far north of the continent. Kat was in the area and decided to come along with him, and so the two traveled together once more for several months as Mike painstakingly documented the wild pokemon of the mountain range and Kat trained her pokemon on them.

The job, by necessity, had Mike and Kat spending several months alone together. They had always been extremely good friends but now, with them both older and more mature, that friendship matured into something more. When they both returned to civilisation they did so as a proudly proclaimed couple. The two began traveling together once more; well as much as two people with such contrasting schedules could. Where once they might have called each other once a month or so, now they timed their travels so they were rarely apart for more than a week at a time.

It was while traveling together like this that they were contacted by Will. Will had taken on a job with the OEL and was looking to recruit trainers for it. The position sounded perfect for Mike and Kat didn't have any complaints about the idea, so the two signed up along with Will to serve on the submarine.

Sample: This had seemed a much better idea before Mike had actually gotten into the submarine. Going deep underwater, exploring a never before entered cave system; all of it was a dream, but the vessel carrying him to it was a nightmare. The submarine was cramped, smelly, noisy and filled to the brim with people. There was nowhere to hide from it, every corner and cabin either was filled with talking people or “conveniently” placed next to noisy machinery of some sort.

In the end the only bit of peace and quiet Mike had been able to find was a small alcove half hidden behind a pipe in one of the main rooms where thick walls provided a bit of a buffer from the chaos infecting the vessel. Curled up slightly with Chi resting on his lap and a wire from his C-Gear blaring music into a pair of ear-buds he actually felt slightly peaceful for the first time on the trip. Kat was nowhere to be seen for the most part, flitting about the submarine and seemingly trying to talk to everyone she could and find out all their life stories, evidently feeling much more comfortable here than he did.

It was hard to begrudge her the happiness of it; heck he had a hard time begrudging her anything nowadays. As much as they loved being around each other they were different people, and this was her environment; a craft full of interesting people with little else to do than talk. She had hung around with him at the start but she couldn't resist the lure of other people for long and that was fine with him; she could have her fun now and he, he would rest here and be ready for when they arrived and his fun began.

Things didn't happen quite like he had expected.

Mike was awoken by screams and the screech of tortured metal giving way. He was still rubbing the sleep out of his eyes when a spear of rock shot through the metal above his head, dousing him with a powerful jet of water. That woke him up quickly enough and he stumbled out of his hidey hole and into the chaos, instinctively recalling Chi to the safety of her ball. The submarine was half filled with water and people were scrambling about everywhere, sirens blaring as his thoughts raced as he scanned the crowd. Kat. Will. His mind jumped between them before settling on Kat; if anyone could survive this without help it would be Will and his water pokemon.

He found Kat in the main hallway, half catching her as the submarine jerked violently to one side. “Hold on!” He yelled as the submarine jerked again and again, the rocks tearing more and more holes in the metal. The lights were gone now and the flashing red emergency lighting barely providing enough lighting to see the enormous hole that was ripped in the roof of the sub right before his eyes, though he could feel the rush of water easily enough. The hole was big enough to escape but he could barely move, the torrent of water pushing him and Kat flat against the wall.

He flailed at his pouch as the water rose ever higher, eventually managing to grasp a pokeball, one pokeball in particular. Kamen looked as shocked as Mike felt when he was released but the Kabutops reacted quickly, bladed arms grasping tightly around the two humans and knees bending before Mike could even voice his command.

“Waterfall!”

With a sudden rush of pressure the three were catapulted upwards, leaving the dim light of the submarine behind for the crushing darkness of the ocean.

Pokemon:

Species: Liepard
Nickname: Chi
Personality: Chi is every bit as cunning and vicious as her species has reputation for. She is fiercely protective of Mike and will kill anything she sees as threatening him without hesitation. While she's capable of acting sweet when she wants to, Chi has a nasty streak a mile wide and will often violently torment pokemon smaller than herself, though she will temporarily stop this is Mike notices and asks her to. She tends to be very touchy-feely around Mike and regards Kat with a very slowly decreasing suspicion and scorn.
Brief History: Chi was Mike's first pokemon, caught by him when he was eight, long before he started his journey. At first she treated her new trainer with scorn but a healthy diet of threats from his parent's Arcanine kept her in line. Mike was enamoured at actually owning a pokemon and not even Chi's prickly nature could stand up to four years of being pampered and generally considered the most awesome thing on the planet; by the time Mike started his journey for real Chi thought almost as fondly of him as he did of her.
Appearance: Chi's tail has more fur than the average Liepard and her claws are a small but noticeable amount longer and sharper.
Moveset: Night Slash, Pursuit, Double Team, Attract, Thunder Wave, Shadow Ball
Anything Else: Chi is an excellent tracker, both using her nose and other senses.

Species: Breloom
Nickname: Carrie
Personality:Carrie is bubbly and friendly, always eager to make friends. Unfortunately her method of making friends is the unusually ineffective method of beating them to a pulp; Carrie is a fiercely competitive fighter and enjoys few things more than a good sparring match. Despite her seemingly aggressive nature and habit of picking fights Carrie almost never fights with ill thoughts and will usually behave herself if prompted. When not fighting she enjoys dancing, something which she often incorporates into her off fighting style.
Brief History: Carrie was obtained in a trade as a Shroomish back when Mike, Kat and Will were all travelling together. She was a cheery pokemon and took to her new trainer well, quickly becoming one of Mike's most powerful battling pokemon.
Appearance: Carrie looks like any other Breloom, though she is easy to pick out of a crowd due to her almost constant movement and dancing.
Moveset: Mach Punch, Seed Bomb, Spore, Counter, Toxic, Thunderpunch
Anything Else: Carrie incorporates elements of dance into her fighting style, making her very nimble, unpredictable and hard to hit.

Species: Flygon
Nickname: Sierra
Personality: Sierra fits the phrase “Gentle Giant” almost completely. Despite her large and fearsome appearance she is very disinterested in fighting and instead prefers simply to explore and experience new things, a trait that has made her bond well with Mike. Despite her dislike of fighting she has become more accustomed to doing to during her time as a trained pokemon, though she will still avoid it if possible. Sierra adores young of any species and will fuss over anything she can successfully identify as a baby.
Brief History: Mike caught Sierra as a Vibrava while investigating rumours of a mirage tower in the central Hoenn desert. The expedition proved more dangerous than he had thought and Mike was soon low on supplies and completely lost. In the end Sierra ended up saving Mike's life by evolving into a Flygon and taking him to safety after he helped save her family from a group of poachers.
Appearance: Sierra is considerably larger than the average Flygon and has longer forearms, giving her increased movement on the ground. She wears a pair of blue goggles around her neck that Mike gave her.
Moveset: Dragonbreath, Aerial Ace, Sand Tomb, Dragon Claw, Supersonic, Hyper Beam
Anything Else: Sierra is often called Sie (Pronounced Sea) as a nickname.

Species: Kabutops
Nickname: Kamen
Personality: Kamen doesn't seem to have much of a personality. For the most part he is passive to the extreme, ignoring pretty much anything that he can successfully ignore and often reacting to those things that he can't with fits of extreme violence. Despite his seeming apathy Kamen seems to acknowledge Mike's role in his being alive at some level; he will typically follow commands from Mike and act to protect him.
Brief History: Kamen was the result of Mike's first job as a researcher; a particularly brilliant scientist managing to revive the fossil that Mike had found. Mike's first hand experience handling a Kabutops and the information he was able to provide about the nearly extinct pokemon were a big boon to his early career.
Appearance: Almost every part of Kamen's rock-like carapace is covered in old scratches and gouges.
Moveset: Slash, Giga Drain, Waterfall, X-Scissor, Scald, Rock Tomb
Anything Else: Kamen is the only one of Mike's pokemon not trained in some way to help him subdue pokemon non-lethally in order to study them, and as such is used in battle much more sparingly.

Spoiler:

Name: Katherine 'Kat' Walker
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Clothing is wrong, face and jewellery right.

Kat is a small girl, only just cresting 5 foot 6. A very specific number, guessing her any smaller is likely to make you an enemy. Despite her small frame she is far from delicate; her belief that a trainer should train themselves just as hard as they did their pokemon leaving her with a formidable set of muscles gracing her lithe body.

Skilled pokemon providing her with both protection and money have given Kat the chance to focus on her appearance in her later years, compared to her boring but practical and cheap fare as a beginning trainer. She has light green eyes and shoulder length straw coloured hair that she dyes a mixture of red and orange shades. She wears small studs in her ears with green gems a similar shade to her eyes and a necklace made out of light blue stones.

Like many professional trainers, Kat has a very distinctive style in order to make herself easily recognisable and she was wearing a variation of this when she set off for the trip. She wears a tight black t-shirt and over it an oddly designed tan jacket. The jacket is fairly thick and has long sleeves but the practicality stops literally halfway down; the jacket ends about level with her navel and, when worn open and secured with a nearly invisible black strap, looks very recognisable.

Lower down her clothing is a bit more normal. She wears tight denim skinny jeans with a thick leather belt holding her pokeballs looped in at one side and left to dangle on the other. Her boots are made of leather dyed the same shade as her jacket and extend over her jeans halfway up her shin. She keeps most of her belongings in a leather messenger bag, making use of Pokecapsule technology for big items.

Personality: Kat is a bright, cheery and sociable girl who always seems to be at the centre of what's happening, chatting away. Despite the somewhat air headed first impression she gives off Kat is a focused and skilled trainer with a keen mind for tactics and the drive to succeed. Her chatty nature serves a purpose as well; Kat has an incredibly strong interest about the people around her and loves hearing the stories of others; she used to help out in a retirement home just so she could ask the residents to tell her their life stories, an arrangement both sides enjoyed.

Kat can be somewhat flighty at times, drifting from goal to goal as she makes her way through life. Her pokemon training is the exception to this rule; Kat has dreamed of being a professional trainer since she was young and she has no intention of giving it up now she has gotten here.

Kat's constant talking and drive to become a famous trainer do have an ulterior motive. Kat has an extremely strong need for attention and if she isn't getting it, her mental state tends to decline. While she never has and never will admit it to anyone, during the time she travelled alone she underwent a period of depression when her training career was going badly and she had no one to talk to. Kat's need for attention and Mike's tendency to shower all his attention on a few people are why two so different people are so close; despite the differences these two things help them click together, though their relationship has since advanced to somewhat more healthy grounding.

As the above might suggest, Kat isn't the most mentally stable person. When things are going well she is fine and can get into a “streak” of sorts, building on the confidence of her successes to create more success. However when things start going wrong she can easily fall into a downwards spiral and crumble; a state of mind that can be hard to shake off.

History: Katherine was born in sleepy Nuevma Town in the Unova region, raised by a single father who was a retired pokemon trainer. The spent her childhood fantasising over pokemon trainers battling and dreaming about the time when she would be able to set out as a trainer herself.

When she was 12 years old Kat set out on a pokemon journey with her childhood friends Michael Orion and William King. The three traveled together around the Unova region for several months but eventually, they split up. Will had found his passion in the sea and the pokemon that dwelt within, while Kat and Mike were both determined to continue on their path of challenging the region's gyms so, sadly, the trio split.

Kat and Mike traveled together for about a year after splitting from Will, continuing their circuit of the Unova region's gyms, after an eventful and difficult journey together the two gathered all eight badges and competed in that years pokemon league tournament. While Mike didn't do too well in the tournament Kat practically saw her childhood dreams flashing before her eyes as she placed eighth in her first major tournament.

It was here that, sadly, the two went their separate ways. Kat wanted to travel to Johto, challenge the gyms there and take her path as a professional trainer further in the Silver Conference while Mike wanted to follow his parents as a pokemon researcher; a task which would take him first to the Orange Islands. Despite the strong bonds built by two years traveling together the two were resolute to follow their separate paths, though they made sure to keep in touch.

With the confidence and experience of the pokemon league tournament behind her Kat's career as a professional trainer took off quickly. She went around an express circuit of the Johto gyms and had collected all 8 badges in time to compete in the next Silver Conference. Once again, she performed well in the tournament but failed to grab one of the very top slots.

For the next few years this pattern repeated itself; while Kat would often place well in a tournament and quickly made a name for herself she never actually managed to grab that elusive victory. Discouraged she stopped participating in tournaments and instead focused on training her pokemon and herself in an attempt to make a glorious comeback. It was while doing this that Mike contacted her not with the usual catching up they shared, but with an offer to actually meet up. Mike was in Johto to explore a tract of unexplored forest and mountain in the far north of the continent and Kat decided to come along with him, looking forwards both to spending some time with her old friend and the extreme training that such an untamed place would provide.

The job, by necessity, had Mike and Kat spending several months alone together. They had always been extremely good friends but now, with them both older and more mature, that friendship matured into something more. When they both returned to civilisation they did so as a proudly proclaimed couple. The two began traveling together once more; well as much as two people with such contrasting schedules could. Where once they might have called each other once a month or so, now they timed their travels so they were rarely apart for more than a week at a time.

It was while traveling together like this that they were contacted by Will. Will had taken on a job with the OEL and was looking to recruit trainers for it. The position sounded perfect for Mike and Kat didn't have any complaints about the idea, so the two signed up along with Will to serve on the submarine.

Sample: It was nerve-racking, going under the ocean like this. No matter what Kat did or where she went inside the submarine she couldn't quite help think about the water pressing in all around them. Fortunately there was plenty to keep her distracted and that thought in the back of her mind; the submarine was filled with people and not just any people, trainers and researchers. People with interesting stories to tell. It was pretty much heaven for her, though she felt a twinge of sadness when she noticed Mike dealing with the crowding nowhere near as well as her.

It was later, after several busy hours, that it happened. Things had quieted down and she had retreated to where Mike was sat, settling herself against the wall opposite him when she noticed that he had fallen asleep at some point. Kat was almost asleep herself when she heard an odd groan from up ahead, followed by raised voices. She pushed herself to her feet and started making her way up to the front of the submarine, frowning as she heard the groaning sound again, this time even louder. She passed through the door to the front of the ship just in time to see a sharp rock pierce through the metal.

For a moment she stood there, stunned until a wave of water rushed in and hit her square in the chest, knocking her back and to the ground. All around her people were waking up, panicked screams filling the submarine as the passengers began to realise what was happening. Kat's mind finally snapped out of it's shocked stupor and she forced herself up and onto her feet, turning to dart back down the submarine. Her eyes desperately scanned for any familiar faces in the chaos as she ran but there were so many people the faces seemed to blur together and finding either Mike or Will seemed impossible.

Then lady luck decided to give her a break and when a secondary impact sent her tumbling off her feet, she literally fell into one of the people she was looking for. Mike looked almost as shell-shocked as she felt and the two clung tightly to each other, Kat burying her face in his shoulder as a large rock tore through the roof near them. “**** **** **** we're gonna die.” she muttered desperately as the water crushed them against the wall, not noticing Mike releasing his Kabutops until she felt the flat of it's blade pressing against her back.

She looked at the pokemon and then upwards again at the hole it was looking at and before she even had a chance to protest they were gone, catapulted into the darkness in a jet of bubbles.

Pokemon:

Species: Pyroar
Nickname: Nala
Personality: Nala is a strong and proud pokemon. She acts somewhat like an nurturing mother towards Kat and shares her trainer's competitive nature then it comes to battling. She has a rivalry of sorts with Marcus' pokemon Chi, both felines disliking each other and fighting when they get the chance.
Brief History: Nala was Kat's first pokemon and is the daughter of Kat's father's pokemon. Like her parents, Nala is a strong pokemon and is the powerhouse of Kat's team, making good use of brute force.
Appearance: Set of claw marks scarred down her left flank.
Moveset: Flamethrower, Noble Roar, Hyper Voice, Fire Fang, Wild Charge, Crunch
Anything Else: Nala is incredibly proud and will react poorly to insults.

Species: Goodra
Nickname: Darren
Personality: Darren is a typical example of his species; cheerful and affectionate towards his trainer. He is also extremely protective of her and has been known to work himself up into a fearsome rage if Kat is in danger.
Brief History: Darren was caught by Kat when she visited the Kalos region to train in-between tournaments, intended as a counter for the dragon types that were becoming more and more popular in Kanto where she was contending at the time.
Appearance: Darren is a shiny pokemon, he is white with a pink stomach rather than the usual shades of purple.
Moveset: Dragon Pulse, Muddy Water, Strength, Sludge Wave, Body Slam, Flamethrower.
Anything Else: Darren has the Sap Sipper ability, he resists grass type attacks and draws strength from them.

Species: Espeon
Nickname: Shae
Personality: Shae is calm and composed, almost never seeming to lose her cool no matter what is thrown at her. However there is one way she can be rattled; Shae has been with Kat since she was very young and will rapidly become distressed of separated from her.
Brief History: Shae's mother was killed in a fight with a wild Persian shortly after Shae was born, but before the Persian could attack the Eevee herself Kat happened upon the scene, chasing it off. She took the young pokemon in and raised her, with Shae eventually growing attached enough that she evolved into an Espeon.
Appearance: Shae wears a small bell attached to a ribbon around her neck. By habit she tends to use her psychic powers to stop the bell from ringing as she moves about.
Moveset: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Swift, Psybeam, Flash, Hidden Power (Ice)
Anything Else: Shae's bell only rings if she's asleep or extremely distracted.

Species: Donphan
Nickname: Trask
Personality: Trask is, to put it bluntly, rather stupid. He tends to think of little but eating, fighting and other instinctive desires, though doing so seems to leave him living his life rather happily.
Brief History: Like Darren, Trask's life with Kat has been rather uneventful. He was caught as a young Panphy early on in Kat's travels and has been a member of her team ever since, the fighting filled life of a trainer pokemon suiting him perfectly well.
Appearance: His tusks are slightly discoloured with a yellow tinge to them.
Moveset: Horn Attack, Rollout, Earthquake, Giga Impact, Poison Jab, Stone Edge.
Anything Else: Trask is both extremely accurate and inaccurate with his rollouts. He has an almost unnerving ability to his enemies with it, but will almost always crash into something himself afterwards.

Species: Kecleon
Nickname: Dizzy
Personality: Dizzy is a troublemaker through and through, though his pranks are usually light-hearted. He enjoys annoying people and pokemon equally and will take any opportunity to do so, be it in the middle of a battle or in a quiet moment. Dizzy doesn't really seem to understand the concept of “going too far” and his actions can get unsettlingly dark if he really dislikes someone. He has gone as far as to kill a pokemon in order to get back at a trainer he particularly disliked, though it could never be proved he did it.
Brief History: Kat caught Dizzy when she found him trying to steal food from her bag one night. It took several months for her to get a handle on the Kecleon but eventually she managed to at least turn his pranking efforts away from herself and her other pokemon. While not a particularly strong fighter in brute force, Dizzy uses his invisibility and speed to be a powerful contender in battle.
Appearance: Dizzy's red stripe is particularly thin and he tends to change his main colour about a lot. One of his favourite colours is a tan that matches Kat's jacket.
Moveset: Sucker Punch, Shadow Sneak, Slash, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower
Anything Else: Dizzy is very adept at sneaking about invisibly and silently. He has the Protean ability, changing his type to that of whatever move he uses.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here