The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Questions & Feedback

Notices

Community Questions & Feedback Your one-stop shop for all things related to PokéCommunity. Tell the community leaders they suck how wonderful they're doing, ask for help with a certain feature or where to post something... that kind of thing.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 26th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Terabyte

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Rozu View Post
Moddies, I'm going to be brutally honest here, so here it goes...

You aren't original in the slightest! You are all the same person, which has been cloned and are now scattered all over the forum. Sure, some of you are very friendly and try to do your job, but with that comes a price...

NOT BEING ORIGINAL OR UNIQUE AND HAVING TO DISH OUT INFRACTIONS LIKE POTATO CHIPS! :X

Every profile I stalk all I see is moderators either telling people off or saying 'you have received an infractian but your pm box is full, thx,'. xD

You all have the same sprite-y signature's, you all share the same pairs and you all like the same things. So, what is up with that? Can I please get an answer? Was one of you abducted by an alien and cloned and then you decided to start a Pokemon Community with your fellow clones??

WHAT DA HELL, MAAAN! xD

Rozu OUT! xox

(no infractians pls, thx)
I see others have already commented on this, but I couldn't help one bit but to add my two cents to this..

Of course we're all similar in one way, and that's because we're forum moderators. What else did you expect us to be? And infractions wouldn't be a problem if people followed the rules, either. And for the full PM inboxes, I'd really like to see some evidence for that, because I've never seen anything like that at all.

Also, what's wrong with us doing collabs and or being friends with everyone around here? Some moderators have probably had the same pair for a long time, and that perhaps could predate their promotions as well, so please do keep that in mind.
Old October 26th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Nature: Timid
Quote:

You aren't original in the slightest! You are all the same person, which has been cloned and are now scattered all over the forum. Sure, some of you are very friendly and try to do your job, but with that comes a price...

NOT BEING ORIGINAL OR UNIQUE AND HAVING TO DISH OUT INFRACTIONS LIKE POTATO CHIPS! :X

Every profile I stalk all I see is moderators either telling people off or saying 'you have received an infractian but your pm box is full, thx,'. xD

You all have the same sprite-y signature's, you all share the same pairs and you all like the same things. So, what is up with that? Can I please get an answer? Was one of you abducted by an alien and cloned and then you decided to start a Pokemon Community with your fellow clones??

WHAT DA HELL, MAAAN! xD

Rozu OUT! xox

I don't want this to come off rude or anything, but if you're going to give us feedback, at least try to sound serious. Because the way you've presented your statement here is just like a little kid talking and I feel less inclined to take it seriously, and I'm sure other staff, even members, have read your post and thought similarly.

As far as the same signatures, there's a theme collab going on. So that's that. And I can assure you no one else has my pair. He's all mine. ;) <3 Everything else I was gonna comment on has already beed said...but yeah. Try to take this serious and not as a joke. Cause we're not trying to make it a joke.

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges | avatar by kaori

alli: i don't feel like being the big bad bottle of orange juice today
Necrum: Is that a reference to your Smod color? lol
alli: yes
Old October 26th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Ace_Master_of_Turtles
Just that spriting guy

hmm my only problam is that i don't see the Rom hacking and emulation mods getting on very often... wierd because that's the one of the most popular forums idk maybe it's just me...

Old October 26th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:

I can tell you for a fact that each staff member is quite different from one another. We don't always agree on things, we don't always see things the same way, and yeah, sometimes we even get into arguments with one another. These aren't thing a lot of members know, because they can't see everything that goes on behind closed doors, but each staff member is a unique individual with their own ideas and personalities. Some have to be more strict than others because their forums call for it, but some can be more lax with the rules.

Since coming back to staff this year, I can count the number of infractions and warnings I've given out on one hand. And I've been back for eight months already.

Quote:

If you've really stalked our VMs, then you would know that 50% of my chats are about fanboying over television, 20% talking about X/Y, 10% talking to Syd about how handsome I am and how she is a qt, 10% talking about profiles, and another 10% of typing weird noises with Scarf.

Quote:

WHAT DA HELL, MAAAN! xD

Rozu OUT! xox

I have you know my avatar is a Shivi-Original made a few years ago. The similar signatures are part of a X/Y collab. If you notice, some Supporter members have signatures that are similar too, because they are doing a supporter collab.

Most of us didn't even join when PC was created, so your ideas are pretty illogical if I'm being honest.
Old October 26th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Solace
simon ferocious

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Solace
Quote:
Originally Posted by acertony View Post
hmm my only problam is that i don't see the Rom hacking and emulation mods getting on very often... wierd because that's the one of the most popular forums idk maybe it's just me...
It's an unfortunate fact that the ROM Hacking and Emulation mods lead very busy lifestyles right now and tend to not be able to come around as much at the time being. Just a bit of patience should give them time to roll around and when they do, I'm sure they'll tend to your questions/pending hack/etc. as soon as they can. (:
Old October 26th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Orianna
♡So strange, they scream.♡

Quote:
pile of nothing
They have matching avatars and siggs because it's a Staff Collab. So basically, they go for matching signatures and avatars because it's fun. And staff members aren't the only ones doing collabs. Us, supporters have those quite often too (even though I only participated in one so far). That doesn't make us clones. That means we're bonding through this fun, little forum game.
Oh and please don't be so bitter over getting an infraction. You most likely deserved it, because I don't really think any member of the staff abuses their powers for fun -.-

/end derail

As for my opinion on staff members... I haven't really met many of them yet, mainly because I mostly spend my time in Sydian's nest, but, during my adventures in the Trade corner IRC, I got to meet some awesome staff members, like Mac, Tabor and Blade.

Now, you can imagine that, being part of Syd's nest, I am very fond of her and I love the way she does her job. She's way too awesome and the way she manages to effectively moderate her sections is amazing o.o

Paired With:
Sage Ghetsis

Challenges:
The Time Warp Challenge
The Location Challenge

RP:
Midori Kuramoto in Hoenn Diaries

Old October 26th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Ace_Master_of_Turtles
Just that spriting guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
It's an unfortunate fact that the ROM Hacking and Emulation mods lead very busy lifestyles right now and tend to not be able to come around as much at the time being. Just a bit of patience should give them time to roll around and when they do, I'm sure they'll tend to your questions/pending hack/etc. as soon as they can. (:
also yesterday Giradialkia got online....... then off..... without doing anything....... i needed my thread to be approved so i got sad

Old October 26th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by acertony View Post
also yesterday Giradialkia got online....... then off..... without doing anything....... :( i needed my thread to be approved so i got sad
You're free to contact him if it's been 24 hours since you submitted your thread. Just letting you know.

He might be busy irl and just had time to check on things for a few minutes and then left. Or PC didn't say he was signed off when he was and it made him look like he was online. I've been busy myself lately, so I've been a bit slack in Challenges, where threads also need approval, so I'm just trying to put you in his shoes for a moment. Even though Emulation isn't my forum, I do thank you for the patience and not going crazy. Just PM him if it's been over 24 hours and things should get clarified then. :)

Old October 26th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Ace_Master_of_Turtles
Just that spriting guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
You're free to contact him if it's been 24 hours since you submitted your thread. Just letting you know.

He might be busy irl and just had time to check on things for a few minutes and then left. Or PC didn't say he was signed off when he was and it made him look like he was online. I've been busy myself lately, so I've been a bit slack in Challenges, where threads also need approval, so I'm just trying to put you in his shoes for a moment. Even though Emulation isn't my forum, I do thank you for the patience and not going crazy. Just PM him if it's been over 24 hours and things should get clarified then.
true, true... it has been a day i don't know about 24 hour if not its close does it need to be exactly?

Old October 26th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Nature: Quirky
I think you're all being a bit quick to judge here; Rozu's post had some credit to it. I'll quote from a Skype conversation I was having:

[18:25:30] Ozzy ~: I like that she actually spoke her mind and said it. If that's how she feels then we can't just turn around and say she's wrong for thinking it :P And it's true, a lot of moderators do act incredibly similarly and give out too many infractions
[18:25:41] Ozzy ~: We know them all pretty well so we know their personalities and it's not as noticeable to us
[18:25:55] Ozzy ~: But a lot of moderators hold themselves very similarly on the forum
[18:26:16] Ozzy ~: like in CQ&F etc, most replies from a moderator there are the same as every other mod who posts there
[18:26:27] Ozzy ~: you could just swap out the usernames and no one would notice lol

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I don't think such strong reactions were necessarily appropriate when the point made wasn't entirely false.
Old October 26th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Quote:
true, true... it has been a day i don't know about 24 hour if not its close does it need to be exactly?
I don't think he'll bite if you're like an hour off or something. If it's been a day, I mean, I think you're safe to go ahead and PM him. :)

Quote:
I think you're all being a bit quick to judge here; Rozu's post had some credit to it.
My only problem was how it was expressed, not what was expressed. I know people have different ways of communicating, but I felt it was common knowledge that if you're going to present some feedback that we're genuinely asking for, you could tidy up what you're saying and provide a little bit of substance and some examples. So my apologies if my post came off any other way.

Old October 26th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Aerial Ace

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Leaf View Post
How do you think hstaff-memberbase interaction is right now?
I don't really have much of an opinion on that, but I did notice the other day that I don't really see many admins posting around, so there's always that. I don't know if that's what you're really looking for, though.
Old October 26th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Airhead
Banned

I may have over-exaggerated a little, but here is my point:

Everybody is unique, but some people copy other peoples personalities for a feeling of security. That way, no one can persecute you and your inner self, especially if you show no sign of your quirks, like, at all. Moderators are just clones, really, I mean sure, you can be a great artist and try and show your problems, but you aren't letting your inner self shine! Sure, I make tons of mistakes, I get myself infractions and almost get banned, occasionally, but that's just me. It's my quirks, it makes me who I am.

Moderators make no mistakes, have no faults and are all so... great, like perfectly-manufactured droids. So, they don't seem like real people...

That's sorta my point, I guess. :X
Old October 27th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Nature: Naive
Quote:

Everybody is unique, but some people copy other peoples personalities for a feeling of security. That way, no one can persecute you and your inner self, especially if you show no sign of your quirks, like, at all. Moderators are just clones, really, I mean sure, you can be a great artist and try and show your problems, but you aren't letting your inner self shine! Sure, I make tons of mistakes, I get myself infractions and almost get banned, occasionally, but that's just me. It's my quirks, it makes me who I am.

Moderators make no mistakes, have no faults and are all so... great, like perfectly-manufactured droids. So, they don't seem like real people...

Moderators get picked because they are people who make few mistakes and follow and know the rules well. That is the point of having moderators; they are not the "best" members of a forum, they are meant to be the only people who are allowed to point out the mistakes and wrongdoings of others on this forum, in order to keep it tidy. So yes, in some ways staff people are pretty similar. Because that is how they need to be.

But, as other people in this thread have pointed out multiple times already, we certainly have different personalities and interests and pairs and themes most of the time. Because we are all people behind the names. Just like any member is. You should make an effort to get to know some of us personally, and you'll see! Feel free to drop me a VM at your leisure~
Old October 27th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura
I killed Syd's bf

Quote:

If you want to explore the idea that moderators are "perfect" beings and act that way every single time, then you're going to have to back that opinion up. Suggesting that they act the same and always act completely perfect is the most farfetched opinion I've seen so far.

How should I know this? The s-mods and admins are the ones who select our staff. Some of us have gone through this for years; we've seen staff who act high and mighty, staff who do absolutely nothing, and staff who are really fair, creative, kind, etc. You see all sorts of different personalities. Moderators get fired (and even I'm not safe from being fired). Even now, I'd like to believe we have staff who do things differently from others; some handle things more harshly than others, some will never back down from an argument… yeah.

Subjectively, you could definitely assume that they're just soulless people who do the same things. I think you can only draw a conclusion when you've made an attempt to see each and every side. If you don't even personally interact with them, of course they're all going to seem the same on the outside.

So, those police officers you see on the street actively telling people what to do? Are they clones too?

Clone trooper alert!

And by the way, I'd like to think that we're easier to approach than a clone trooper, let alone a police officer.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old October 27th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Nova
If I die, I die~

I gotta say you mods do a amazing job actually, even though i havent met all of you, nor being in all those sections, but still...

Over the time i met some awesome mods as ZachLMedia, AlexOzzyCake and BinaryPeaches (and i think 1 or 2 more mods but i can quite think of them, apologies). Mods do a outstanding job, though they cant do it all the time, cause they got stuff in their lives aswell. I havent had much conversations with them lately, but they sure are nice people overall :)

to be fair im kinda jealous of the blue bolded names they have hehe
Old October 27th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Elaitenstile
Sea turtles, mate.

Nature: Naive
Quote:

Hmm, putting this in another sense I guess you're saying that the mods show no unique personalities... I guess it's true for almost everybody before you meet them. I used to think all the mods around here are like premiere antagonists until I met Logiedan and AlexOzzyCake personally. Perhaps your judgement may be reserved after some friendly interactions? I don't know what's the problem, but I do feel you right there. It's like that really, the bold blue name instantly brings that reputation.

ps i don't think mods never make mistakes *cough*maybe*cough* i've seen some around here *cough*

I'm Captain Jack Sparrow.

Savvy?
#johnnydeppjacksparrow
Previously known as ★Hoenn★

Old October 27th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Ace_Master_of_Turtles
Just that spriting guy

I forgot in my first post other than some mods/smods/admins avalibility they are all awesome, nice, and fun to be around i could name some of them but it's to long of a list and i agree with rozu you are all the same, because all of you are awesome :D

Old October 27th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
Perhaps your judgement may be reserved after some friendly interactions? I don't know what's the problem, but I do feel you right there. It's like that really, the bold blue name instantly brings that reputation.
I think this is an important point - the bold blue name and staff position really can make mods all seem very alike when we're just posting warnings or giving out infractions or posting thread updates etc, but I also think it's important to get to know some of the staff if you want to get rid of this view. It's very difficult for a staff member to start talking to countless people at once because they're only human and they have their own lives to live, but there's not a single staff member here who wouldn't welcome a friendly VM getting to know them. If you want to get a more personal view of the staff team and see past the whole "staff are carbon-copied drones" perception then all you need to do is talk to us - personally I'd be more than happy to make new friends from random VMs. :D
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Hikamaru
τόσο χαριτωμένα

I agree with what most of those said, if you interact with a few staff members every now and then you'll eventually get to know them, and your thoughts on them may change forever. Heck, some staff might even share something in common with you so don't hesitate to go and leave a message. I have a good chunk of them on my friends list as well so you'll see what I mean.

I wouldn't have been the member I was today if I didn't interact with various members, staff included. If you have a few multi-conversations with staff members I'm sure you'll eventually make new friends with them too, because in the end they are just like any other member you'll meet, but with a bit more responsibility.

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old October 27th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Nauje
feel good hit of the summer?

Nature: Relaxed
You can't make such sweeping comments if you haven't even tried talking to a mod and tried to know them better. Every one mod I've talked to so far has been either very helpful or (looking for a better word) charming to talk with, and trust me, they are definitely not clones haha.

I definitely agree with the bold blue theory too. Seems like it makes mods look like jerks for some reason.
Old October 27th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Griffinbane
FEAR THE PILOSWINE

There's no way the mods even look remotely the same, not to me.

Zach is cool and calm, Mac is a pervert, tabor is a wee 'un, Blade keeps trying to get me into a relationship with her, Sydders likes to hunt for good used game shops, Wolfy makes my singles knowledge look like mud, Audy is the forum-making genius, Live dangles Digimon on a stick over my head, yadda yadda yadda.

Go get to know them a little.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old October 27th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Mister Oshawott
The hidden otter of awesome :P

I've been a member of this site for a couple of months at the very least, and from what I've seen, I'm extremely proud to be a member of this community. When I first joined in August, I had quite a few members of staff greet me, likely within twenty minutes of me making my introduction thread. On other sites I've been to, you'd be lucky to have one moderator, and even then, it wasn't the guy/gal that was moderating that section!

Pokecommunity forums is different, and while my interactions with the staff have been slight, those brief interactions I have had are very professionally carried out, and are very warming and welcoming. Never once have I ever felt more connected to a community and it's staff.

Whether it be AlexOzzyCakes, Sydian, or any of the other members of authority I've had the pleasure of talking to. Any and all questions were answered as quickly and professionally as possible.

Long story short, I'll just say that I'm glad to be a member of this community, knowing that the current members of staff are there keeping things in line. For that, I thank you all.

Thanks for reading the above post!
Big thanks to Maxresh for signature image
Old November 2nd, 2013, 02:51 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity

I've been a member here for 5 years, and I've seen staff come and go several times. I've had my absences here and there but I can still remember what they were like as a member.

The first thing I would like to say is that the current staff team are definitely, in my opinion, the best that have been around in my 5 years. All of the staff are very willing to help, they are friendly even when someone approaches them aggressively, they make no/extremely few mistakes and are all very fun to talk to. Every staff member that I talk to is a joy to converse with.

In my first couple years, I was incredibly nooby and I will admit to being someone who was approaching the staff in a rude manner. But even then, there were staff members who tried to help me become a better person, become more mature and actually still be here now. One person who really helped me in that respect is Morkula. I still have our PM conversation in 2010 which I believed changed me as a person. He had the effort to have a long PM conversation with someone who he despised and attacked him with rude messages to try and make me a better person and helped me improve as a member and I really cannot thank him enough for that.

But to all the staff out there, I would like to throw out a huge thank you because you are all amazing and I hope that you stick around. <3
Old November 2nd, 2013, 09:09 PM
Airhead
Banned

Haha, I acted on impulse when I posted that, and I guess it's not fair to make that assumption. But as Hoenn said, whenever I see a blue username I'm all 'QUICK! HIDE ALL OF YOUR POSTS! THE MEN WITH THE BLUE TITLES ARE HERE!!' xD See? I did it again!

Now, I have nothing against you all but you just all look like perfect dolls and sound like 'em, too. So, sorry, I guess... :X

And yeah, you just got an apology from the Rozu. Take it or leave it or I'll get some of mah Mafia grunts to make some havoc with the pheasants, if you get my tone o' phrase...

Capisce?

Rozu OUT!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links