• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Guide: How to Trade/Battle Pokemon over Wifi (FR/LG/R/S/E)

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013
But does this also work for the red Version, 1st Generation, First Generation Gameboy Game?
WiFi didn't even exist then
would be awesome

Now I remember that I used another emulator for exchanges in 1st gen. I don't remember its name, but it was ONLY for game boy color games!

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2013
I cant trade!! D= i connected to another computer!! but the lady in the game doesnt let me in!! D= plzzzzz help me! what should i do???

I cant trade/battle!! D= i connected to another computer! but when i talk to the lady! she doesnt let me in!! D= help meeee plzzzz!! D=
I have the same problem. It connects properly, and it says we're connected, but it just keeps saying "your friend isn't ready" whenever I talk to nurse joy. My friends and I are playing Pokemon Crystal. I can't get it to work just on a single computer either. Is there something we're doing wrong?

Edit: We've tried other games as well, and those are having similar problems. Do we have the wrong version or is there something else we also need? We used the download link provided at the start of this thread.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 4, 2013
pokeforce go to the link that he has to download the vba and download the vba he has I had the same problem you did.

and hey can someone tell me can you only trade and battle locally or can you trade and battle just with anyone in the world?

download the vba link that the guy who made this post has and that vba should have a link option, I had the same problem you did.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 20, 2013
I am trying to trade on the same computer between pokemon gold and pokemon red but it says on red that it is only supposed for 2 friends linked togheter and on gold it says your friend is not ready. I followed the steps in the tutorial. Is it possible it wont work between the two?

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2016
For Gen1/2 use TGB dual

Remember to change the
Option > Mode

use GB for Gen 1 and GBC for Gen 2

it can emulate GBA but can't link

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2013
I am using myboy on my phone. Wondering anybody else using this you can do wifi battles and even bluetooth but im interested in wifi. Thanks

magolor

hsssah!
Years
This may have been explained already, but I've been meaning to ask...
I have a shiny Pokemon on an emulated Fire Red, using my VBA; would there be any chance that I could somehow transfer it to an actual, physical game cartridge? I own Leaf Green, and a wireless GBA adapter.
Thank you in advance!

RoboMan2010

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
I thought there used to be a patch for the emulator so you didn't need to do all this?

Years
When i tried doing it from he same computer it says
Communication Error
Please check all connections
Then turn Power off and on.

Last edited:

PROF. POKEPAL

Catching em' all
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
I am using myboy on my phone. Wondering anybody else using this you can do wifi battles and even bluetooth but im interested in wifi. Thanks

Are you saying myboy lets you battle online? How about trading? I use GBC A.D. on my phone but I can't do any of that. If myboy really works I just might switch

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 26, 2016
Hi there, I'm having a problem with trading with myself (single computer). you see, the other save file that I got is a completely different safe file compared to my first safe file, and that's okay because I want to get a mudkip. But, there's a problem that whenever I trade with myself the emulator either shuts down or resets or just crashes after a few seconds of linking. Anyone can help?

Back