The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 26th, 2013, 06:29 PM
DarkRaichu80

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Yahoo to DarkRaichu80

Advertise here
Went to a Legendary Treasures pre-release. Nice to see the EX's distributed more freely in the set, even if most are reprints. Manage to nab:

DarkraiEX, MewEX, ShayminEX, and Emolga.

Holos: Victini, Zekrom, Terrakion, and Rayquaza.

Reverse Holos: Solosis (common), Lucario (rare), Cobalion (rare), and Deino (common)
Old October 26th, 2013, 06:48 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

They used the Shiny Collection artwork for MewEX and ShayminEX, I hope?
Old October 26th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Fairy Tale~
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRaichu80 View Post
Went to a Legendary Treasures pre-release. Nice to see the EX's distributed more freely in the set, even if most are reprints. Manage to nab:

DarkraiEX, MewEX, ShayminEX, and Emolga.

Holos: Victini, Zekrom, Terrakion, and Rayquaza.

Reverse Holos: Solosis (common), Lucario (rare), Cobalion (rare), and Deino (common)
me to we are doing 6 booster and making a 40 card deck out of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
let me look in to that. hmm ooo nope they are not shiny art.

that whoever
believes in him Should not perish
but have eternal life."
John 3:16

Last edited by Fairy Tale~; October 26th, 2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 27th, 2013, 03:24 AM
DarkRaichu80

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
They did. With the exception of the silver boarders, it looks just like the Japanese counterpart.
Old October 27th, 2013, 08:30 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
They did. With the exception of the silver boarders, it looks just like the Japanese counterpart.
This is wonderful news! I must now dance through the streets singing joyously!
Old October 30th, 2013, 02:20 AM
Profen

So i went to go pick up the new chespin box with the figurine and what not from walmart. Got an awesome pull. The english version of course.

I almost tripped as i opened the pack on my way home. Now i have a total of 3 FA supporters.

Just opened the online packs and got a FA Iris. wow great buy imo.

Last edited by Profen; October 30th, 2013 at 02:42 AM.
Old October 30th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Fairy Tale~
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profen View Post
So i went to go pick up the new chespin box with the figurine and what not from walmart. Got an awesome pull. The english version of course.

I almost tripped as i opened the pack on my way home. Now i have a total of 3 FA supporters.

Just opened the online packs and got a FA Iris. wow great buy imo.
OH MY GOD YOU ARE KIDDING!

that whoever
but have eternal life."

Old October 31st, 2013, 02:12 AM
@mpharock
...Because Ampharos Rocks !

Nature: Relaxed
I just opened 2 Darkrai collector tins (got 2 to get the codes for online will be selling the promo cards on ebay) and i got 2 great pulls from the packs inside got a 2nd copy of Reshiram 113/114 full art work which i will also be selling on ebay plus a Mew Ex 46/124 which i need so pretty happy about all that
Old October 31st, 2013, 06:43 AM
She_Delphox
Delphox used Mystical Fire!

Ahh the boosterpacks, what a good time in my young child's life

I remember my biggest pull and "Wow! OMG I can't believe I have this card!" moment was when I went to school some day and a guy who was in my class, was bragging to me about how he obtained a Dark Raichu and that it was Ultra Rare and you will never have one blahblah, aaaand of course it was a attention-lie. But, when my dad gave me some money that afternoon to let me buy my first Team Rocket booster pack (they just came out then), I pulled a Dark Raichu!!! I remember being sooo happy and I didn't even had the patience opening my booster at home, so I did it in front of the store... I was stunned :D Then, the next day I did bring my newest addition to show the kids at school, but because Dark Raichu is in fact a SECRET RARE (I didn't know at the time being the kid I was) and the numbering is 83/82 that same guy said it was a fake and useless card because of that >.> but I knew better and he wanted to trade but I said no... to Everyone! :3 whaha
I really didn't want to trade also because I really like Raichu and I really liked the art and all, the card was just too valuable for me I guess

I still have this beloved card in my collection today, with this awesome memory everytime I look at this card :3 I really love the first card collections (Base set, Jungle set, Fossil set and Rocket set) mainly because of the awesome artwork, and I have all of these sets complete. I think it is too bad they don't draw the artwork like that in the old days anymore, although the full-art cards are really awesome too!

Other great pulls I remember were Walrein Ex and Mew Ex :3 still have those, I always seem to pull cards of the Pokemon I really like and love and that were awesome to play the game with

My Pokemon Y team :3
Signature and Avatar made by: © She_Delphox

Last edited by She_Delphox; October 31st, 2013 at 06:49 AM.
Old October 31st, 2013, 12:44 PM
@mpharock

If we are going down memory lane i use to always open my booster packs from the base set and jungle and fossil packs right outside the shop too lol
I got well excited one time when i got a venusaur and i also remember the time i got a base set Raichu i got mobbed at school for trades and then i cracked and some kid offered me 8 holo's for it and i traded that is the only trade i regret to this day really.
I don't mind using rare cards now in card games i am running 2 decks right now that use most of the recent booster pack releases those being a Lugia Ex deck and another one being a Darkrai Ex and Darkrai X deck both kick some ass yet both still hold a weakness or two which is why i love the card game few battles ever feel the same
Online right now i am trying to build a Darkrai Ex deck but struggling to land a few key cards but this morning i did add 3 colourless energies and 2 Darkrai Ex cards so happy days i guess.
Old October 31st, 2013, 02:04 PM
Raikou
bolt-action thunder

Nature: Adamant
I finally broke down and bought the Fennekin box today from walmart. I kept looking at it every time I would pass them. I guess it was a good thing that I bought it. I wound up pulling a Landorus EX!

| tumblr | dragons | 5198-2567-3811 |
Old October 31st, 2013, 03:09 PM
@mpharock

nice pull !

I have decided to sell my Mew Ex on ebay starting prices are £20 + that is easy money for a card i doubt i will ever use and Mew just doesn't do it for me

Last edited by @mpharock; October 31st, 2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old October 31st, 2013, 05:10 PM
Raikou
bolt-action thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by @mpharock View Post
nice pull !

I have decided to sell my Mew Ex on ebay starting prices are £20 + that is easy money for a card i doubt i will ever use and Mew just doesn't do it for me
The first time I pulled a Mew EX, I tried so hard to incorporate it into my Ho-Oh deck. No matter what, I just didn't like the way it ran. I took it out and wound up trading it off for a bunch of older cards that I needed.

Old November 1st, 2013, 03:55 AM
Profen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosen View Post
I finally broke down and bought the Fennekin box today from walmart. I kept looking at it every time I would pass them. I guess it was a good thing that I bought it. I wound up pulling a Landorus EX!
This makes me want to buy another kalos starter box. Yours had landorus ex and mine had FA Skyla. Great pulls be coming from these.
Old November 1st, 2013, 05:29 AM
DarkRaichu80

Bought a Froakie Box and pulled:

Dragons Exalted:

Rare: Roserade
Reverse Holo: Ninjask (uncommon)

Boundaries Crossed:

Rare: FA Keldeo-EX
Reverse Holo: Taillow (common)

Plasma Blast:

Rare: Drifblim
Reverse Holo: Escavalier (rare)
Old November 1st, 2013, 07:59 AM
@mpharock

I bet come the 6th of November there will be several of us bragging about our super rare and super cool pulls from the new booster pack set me included hehe
Old November 1st, 2013, 09:18 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
This makes me want to buy another kalos starter box. Yours had landorus ex and mine had FA Skyla. Great pulls be coming from these.
It's insane what luck those Kalos starter boxes have had for me.

Quote:
Bought a Froakie Box and pulled:

Dragons Exalted:

Rare: Roserade
Reverse Holo: Ninjask (uncommon)

Boundaries Crossed:

Rare: FA Keldeo-EX
Reverse Holo: Taillow (common)

Plasma Blast:

Rare: Drifblim
Reverse Holo: Escavalier (rare)
yet more proof that the things are loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by @mpharock View Post
I bet come the 6th of November there will be several of us bragging about our super rare and super cool pulls from the new booster pack set me included hehe
Some people who've been to prereleases already have been! ;P

Though I'm not one of those lucky ones.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 01:54 AM
Profen

They are all from BCR. So people go out there and by those Kalos boxes with boundries crossed in them.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 02:58 AM
@mpharock

I'm just an average Jo here got to wait till the 6th like everyone else but at least i have the funds to buy a nice wedge of them not sure how many to get no doubt there will be promo packs and tins to follow so it might be wise not to buy a complete box of them like i was thinking then again re-selling some rare cards to cover the cost a little would be a smart move i am bound to get a few good pulls from a whole box of booster packs for crying out loud
Old November 2nd, 2013, 01:06 PM
Raikou
bolt-action thunder

I am so tempted to buy a Legendary Treasures booster box. I keep hearing about all these epic pulls from prereleases. Gah. I really really want to.

The Sylveon box, the new tins, the other two Kalos starter boxes. So many pretty things that I want to get my paws on!

In other news, I traded my friend a half art Cresselia for 20 reverse holos. XD none were rare, but there were two N's, a Skyla, and an ultra ball.

Old November 2nd, 2013, 02:11 PM
@mpharock

Well i thought my online deck was making progress and then i faced a trainer who schooled me twice and when i was randomly matched against him for the 3rd time in a row i had a hissy fit and gave up during the game lol

It made me wonder just how many bloody codes i will need before i can actually build the deck i want i have added another 40 to my collection of used codes now and the grand total is now over 200 which is pretty daft. If i was to buy a booster box...

just think of all those extra codes i would have
Old November 3rd, 2013, 02:35 AM
Profen

you just need to trade to make decks. just buying packs is never enough.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 10:33 AM
@mpharock

Quote:
you just need to trade to make decks. just buying packs is never enough.
Only snag with that is to get the cards i desire i need something 'worth' trading and right now i only have 1 Ex card what i would trade with and i doubt i would get the card(s) i am seeking but i am not put off i win far more games then i loose and when i do loose i just get taste of what i am missing i am still making this deck i have never made one like this before so each match is progress towards it. Still not sure how the coin(s) work i seem to get more when i get spanked rather then win should that be in a close match or buy a country mile
Old November 5th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Fairy Tale~
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter

i got me favorite card i was so happy

that whoever
but have eternal life."

Old November 6th, 2013, 05:00 AM
@mpharock

I bought the 2013 World Championship winning deck yesterday in town was pleased with that and the online reward with the code gives you 4 special trainer cards, cool 2013 sleeves and case and a cute red pikachu coin too

Sponsored Links

Advertise here